Dan Radcliffe Newest Addition to Madame Tussauds

265

Jul 02, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

ITV reports, actor Dan Radcliffe has been immortalized as part of the famed Madame Tussauds life-size, wax statues that are on display in London. The youngest actor who has ever had his likeness sculpted, a meticulous process that takes over two weeks, the Radcliffe sculpture joins other celebrities such as: Brad Pitt, Samuel L Jackson and Julia Roberts. Ben Lovett, a spokesperson for Madame Tussauds, said of Mr. Radcliffe’s inclusion in the wax museum:

“With his 18th birthday around the corner and stage roles like Equus under his belt, Daniel has become a young British acting force to be reckoned with. “It’s been great for the studio’s sculptors to recreate someone who we’ve all watched growing up on the big screen.”

Getty Images now features a few photos of the sculpture, clad in a dark suit and tie, which can be seen here.

43 Responses to Dan Radcliffe Newest Addition to Madame Tussauds

I’m first. (my first time) I think it looks rather like Dan. Very close

Avatar Image says:

they are very close to dan. lol

Avatar Image says:

It looks nothing like him!

Avatar Image says:

That’s cool. I wonder if they’ll put one of him in the Madam Tussauds here in Vegas. It would give me a good reason to go again.

Avatar Image says:

A excellent honour.I wish they could wait till his 18th birthday to unveil it for him. Glad they made him look more like Daniel , not Harry and love that they are giving him respect for his other projects . It resembles him but they didn’t quiet get the nose or those gorgeous unique eyes of his. It also looks older than Daniel ,but maybe they are also portraying the way he is . I am glad to see this ,even if it is a little errie , wax always is.

Avatar Image says:

I think its cool he’s included in the museum, but I think it’s a bit early. I know he’s had other roles before HP but his only well known roles have been HP and Equas, not enough I think to be in the museum.

Avatar Image says:

If Dan really lookd like that, I wouldn’t be in love with him like I am now, hehe, there are some similarities I suppose.

Congrats to Dan for making it in there.

Avatar Image says:

His face looks way too fat!!

Avatar Image says:

Somehow ‘they’ can never make the wax models look like the real person. It always looks wierd. It’s cool though.

Avatar Image says:

It would be sweet if they put one in the Madame Tussauds in Niagara Falls.

Sorry.

Ever since I watched House of Wax, Madame Tussauds has always been a no-no.

Avatar Image says:

It’s like they mixed up the genes of brad pitt and dan, to make daniel radcliff, the super-human. Just look at that jaw. My goodness. And he looks like he’s 25 years old or something.

Avatar Image says:

Oh Merlin he looks like one of the NECA action figures!!! Blast!!! now I also have to go to Mad.Tussaud as an item on the “things-to-do-when-I’m-in-London” I already have a busy scedule.

some other thing: where can I post the news that the Dutch translation of DH is released at November 17 http://www.harrypotter.nl/index_flash.html the cover will be reveiled at September 2

Other translatings were announched here too, so as a Dutch fan I feel a bit left out.

Avatar Image says:

It’s a great honour tho I agree eyes and even pose a little wrong. I must say though it looks more like him than that portrait in the National Portrait Gallery!

I still think they should have a double in t-shirt and jeans too!

Avatar Image says:

correction, wax-dan doesn’t only look like an action figure, he looks like-- OH HORROR- the actor Robin Williams!!!

( not the popstar)

Avatar Image says:

I think they did a good job. There are a few facial features that look odd but other than that it looks great.

kamion- hehehe!

He does look a bit hollywood-esque- his jaw!

...I want one too…

Avatar Image says:

I think they did a good job. I also think that photographs of a wax figure don’t do it justice. When i was in England, i saw a collection of Madame Tussauds wax figures at Warwick Castle (A weekend at Warwick Castle or something like that). The wax figures were so realistic looking that i had to do double takes several times to make sure they didn’t start moving. I feel like overall, what they did for Dan has the same effect, it’s only in close examination (as we would examine) where we could find things that were wrong. I also think that they might have wanted to dress Dan up in a suit for years to come. He still looks young, and when he’s older maybe that’s what he’ll look like.

Anyway. I’m done rambling. :)

Avatar Image says:

that doesn`t really look like him, but very close =]

Avatar Image says:

As for the actor and person, congratulations Daniel Radcliffe. For the Harry Potter world, I think the TRIO, should be imortalized in Hogworts school uniforms – now that I would like to see at Tussauds.

Avatar Image says:

Is actually does look like him. Not 100%, of course not, there are some flaws, but it’s still good enough for me lol. That’s brilliant~!!!

Avatar Image says:

That’s fantastic news. Dan’s certainly on a roll. First, he has his own statue in Madam Tussauds and then later this week he have his hand prints in the Walk of Fame. Go Dan!

Avatar Image says:

Dan is much more handsome than that wax figure, but it’s a great honour to be included in famous Madame Tussauds. I agree they never manage to make these figures look like the real people, I suppose they must be very difficult to do!

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Kamion, Je hebt gelijk, Nederlandse fans zijn ook fans. Keep up the good work.

Avatar Image says:

wow, he looks about 10 years older in that wax figure.

Avatar Image says:

It’d be a bit scary to see yourself carved out of wax. But I’m happy that they included him in the museum. He’s grown up on film, even if it was one series, and he deserves it.

Avatar Image says:

hi, ye i knw a bit off topic, but heres a link to the order of the phoenix review, the daily mirror

Avatar Image says:

It’s too bad they didn’t have allll those recent pictures of him from all those HP promos to work with. It’s pretty close, better than some, but yeah, they missed a touch with the nose (?-can’t quite see), his eyes (too small) and the cleft in his chin. Also his face is a tad thinner, but it’s otherwise pretty close. Of course they didn’t have that when I was in london, noooooo…

Way to go Dan, Love that they are acknowledging not Harry Potter, but Dan Radcliffe the actor. They say it better in this article:

www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?story=AX2391775&news_headline=wizard_potter_man_dan_is_new_star_of_tussauds

Avatar Image says:

wow. looks a LOT like him!

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

Close but not quite. I think the biggest discrepency is in its eyes. Dan’s eyes almost always seem to have some intensity to them, either “I’m going to kill Voldemort!” or laughing about something. The wax model’s eyes aren’t expressing anything.

Avatar Image says:

Wow. It looks good! They almost got his soulful eyes. Almost. But they definitely got his powerful jaw and amazing eyebrows. The face is fuller than Dan’s is now. It’s as if the figure was an image of an older Dan; perhaps in five to ten years.

Avatar Image says:

he looks more like Pierce Brosnan! They should have made him grinning as usual, then he would have been a dead ringer!

Avatar Image says:

I think he looks a dead ringer for Matthew Perry from Friends.

Avatar Image says:

very close but not quite….mm. i think the face is too muscular, too fat, and a little more square than Dan’s would be. he looks older too. Madame Tussaud is pretty good altho there are some statues that like Dan’s, are 85% matches, and then there are some like will smith’s or a.jolie’s which are 100% matches. cool place tho, love to go back for a visit. me & a friend actually mistook a photographer statue for a real person and waited for 5 minutes for my turn to take a pic with W.Smith before someone kindly told us it was a wax figure…

Avatar Image says:

Wow I really think that they did a good job. I went to the one in NYC and have to say that most of them really looked like the real people. Photographs are hard to judge.

It looks like a mid-twenties Daniel, to me, though. It’s a bit more mature, but I really think it fits. Handsome. His eyes are, by the smallest fraction, off a little but maybe it’s because the smile doesn’t quite reach his eyes.

I was really hoping they’d put wax figures of the trio when I went in 2004! lol And that was a long time ago. It’s probably really weird for famous people to see themselves replicated in a museum.

Avatar Image says:

Wow! That wax statue is uncanny. I wonder hwat it would be like to stand there and look at yourself. It must be….sereal(if thats how you spell that).

Congrats Dan!

Avatar Image says:

Libby was it JKR or someone else who said they wouldn’t want to be in M Tussauds because the ultimate humiliation would be when they eventually melted you down!

Avatar Image says:

that’s really cool!!!!!T’was very close…...good job!

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s the angle of the photograph…it’s a bit funny. Otherwise, I think it’s pretty good. And when they take measurements for a wax figure, they measure everything several times for accuracy. It’s actually a neat process…

Avatar Image says:

well its about time they made dan!!! i think they should do the rest of the trio like they did for POTC

Avatar ImageWON_TWO says: If you see it in person.. It looks like a big doll!

Write a Reply or Comment