Dan Radcliffe Talks "Deathly Hallows" and Fate of Harry Potter

Radcliffe Interviews
July 27, 2007, 08:57 PM

In the wake of the news (see below) that actor Dan Radcliffe knew in advance some of the details involving the fate of Harry Potter, Entertainment Weekly magazine has a new interview online conducted with Dan, who speaks about his thoughts reading “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” and more. Dan gives some information about how he read the last installment of the book, stating (no spoilers):

I actually wrote, in the front of my book, the exact time of me starting to read it. I think it was 9:30 at night on the 22nd of July, which was the day before my [18th] birthday. I read two chapters on that day, which wasn’t very much at all, of course. About page 30, I got to. Then I actually didn’t get to read [any of] it again for another couple of days. I started again on the 24th and 25th, and over those two days or so, I seemed to completely demolish it. I read 350 pages in one day at one point.

The rest of the interview contains Dan Radcliffe’s thoughts on the events of the book, and the fate of the character he portrays in the film. Please note: This interview contains MANY SPOILERS and you are cautioned, however those wishing to read the entire interview may do so via this link to the EW website.

A reminder as well, as we first told you this morning, Entertainment Weekly magazine has a special collector’s issue dedicated to Harry Potter featuring 36 pages on the magical world created by J.K. Rowling, and that magazine is now available on newsstands.

Thanks to Entertainment Weekly!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

anne
Posted by anne on July 28, 2007, 12:15 PM report to moderator
Aaron
Posted by Aaron on July 28, 2007, 01:23 PM report to moderator
radcakesfan
Posted by radcakesfan on July 28, 2007, 01:43 PM report to moderator

"He left her and returned to his Muggle parents before I was ever born, Potter, and she died giving birth to me, leaving me to be raised in a Muggle orphanage... but I vowed to find him... I revenged myself upon him, that fool who gave me his name... [i]T