Tom Felton Joins In 2007 Fishing Tournament In New York

293

Aug 18, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Harry Potter actor Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) was stateside this past weekend for an annual fishing event that takes place in upstate New York. The St. Lawrence International Junior Carp Tournament, which the actor participates in each year, lets children aged 11 to 18 compete in the sport as well as gives them the opportunity to learn about conservation. Mr. Felton said of the event which was held on Friday:

“It’s always a treat to come back. We get invited by the St. Lawrence Commerce. Just here to support it really and help the children out, where I can, in between catching fish.”

You can see video of the actor at the event and with the contestants right here.

19 Responses to Tom Felton Joins In 2007 Fishing Tournament In New York

Avatar Image says:

I wonder, do HP fans bother him during these tournaments? I hope not. I live in Maine where they hold numerous fishing contests and there a blast. Hope he does well.

Avatar Image says:

That’s so cool! I wish him good luck!!

Avatar Image says:

I wish him good luck in this tournament! :D

Avatar Image says:

I’ve seen pictures of Tom from previous tourney’s. Nice that he continues to come out and support it. If you have never been carp fishing it’s kind of a blast. You take a big hook, load it up with canned corn and toss it in the river. The carp tend to be big and heavy and will give you a run for your money. Catch and release is the best way. Carp isnt really a “dinner” fish. But if you want to try it, use this recipe:

First stop by your local lumber yard and have them cut you two fresh pine boards about 8” X 12

filet one large carp (discard the head, tail, entrails and bones where the thestrals can get to them) Rub the pine board with 2 cloves of garlic Take several sprigs of fresh dill and lay them on the pine board Lay the carp filets on top of the fresh dill Sprinkle sea salt liberally on top of the filet Top the entire filet with very thinly sliced lemon

Bake the entire thing, board and all in a 325 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the carp is sizzling on the board and the meat flakes at the touch of a fork

Remove the board from the oven and let it cool for 2 minutes.

Scrape the carp off the board into the trash and eat the pine board.

Bon appetit!

Avatar Image says:

aww thats soo cute that tom fishes.. i love fishing but i havent been carp fishing before. it would be awkward for hp fans turning up to getan autograph at a fishing tourney tho lol . good luck tom.

Avatar Image says:

Gosh I hate fishing but yay for Tom Felton for coming to the U to the S to the A

squee!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, thanks for the recipe, Diluvia!

The contest is for kids 11 to 18? How old is Tom Felton?

Avatar Image says:

Diluvia said: >You take a big hook, load it up with canned corn and toss it in the river.

::pictures an unopened can of corn niblets being tossed into the river on the end of a fish-hook, and bonking some poor carp in the head::

LOL at the carp recipe. :)

Avatar Image says:

Well there’s someplace you wouldn’t expect to see one of the HP actors. Nice to see he comes over and supports the tournament though!

Avatar Image says:

thts really cool that he does that but i dont think i could stop myself from trying to get his autograoh i would be lilke’im sooooo sory but im a huge hp fan i really hate to iturupt u but can i pleeeeeeze have your autograph”

p.s. he is soooooo HOT!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

LOL….Malfoy fishing for carp! I hope he eats one. One bottom feeder deserves another (yeah, I know Felton isn’t Malfoy literally, but I tend to hold a grudge, so sue me.)

Avatar Image says:

Nicee. :) Tom actually looks like my football coach, and his name’s Tom too. Brilliant. hah

Avatar Image says:

Tom’s a good actor. It’s too bad his role has been so diminished in the films. Partly because they do have to streamline of course, and I also have the sneaking feeling that his being a whole head taller than Dan and Rupert squelches Hollywood’s idea of heroes vs. villains. It’s hard to do rivalry scenes when they can’t see eye-to-eye. Hopefull Dan and Rupert will grow some by the time of the 6th and 7th films.

Avatar Image says:

I think Tom Felton’s such an awesome guy… I think it’s great that you can have a celebrity who isn’t going out getting drunk or stoned all the time!!!Plus, he’s really, really good at what he does- and he’s pretty damn hot, too!!!

Swoon He’s soo… ...local… _

wowwwww

Avatar Image says:

He’s been doing this tourney from the beginning. Gee must be going on 6-7 years, right? I think its great that he gets so involved in the environment and that he enjoys fishing. I do hope HP fans don’t bother him too much at the tourney. I guess it would be kind of hard to do that anyway, what with the hook at the end of the line. (and boy do those things hurt when you get stabbed with one.)

Avatar Image says:

i love you so much tom felton…................................................................................ your girlfriend is melissa, right???????????????????????????????????

Avatar Image says:

TOM YOU’RE THE BESTN EVERY MATCH, FOR ME YOU’RE THE WINNER…... YOURE NUMBER ONE…... I LOVE YOU…....

Write a Reply or Comment