119

Aug 20, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Following on the news that we first told you several days ago, actors Dan Radcliffe and Rupert Grint are also joining fellow Harry Potter actress Emma Watson as nominees at the inaugural British National Movie Awards. The Metro reports that Dan Radcliffe is nominated for his role as Harry Potter, and Rupert Grint is nominated for his performance as Ron Weasley both in the category of “Best male performance” in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which is also nominated as “Best Family Film.”

Winners are chosen by the public and voting is now open for these awards, which you can do so via this link. As we reported previously, these awards will be presented at London’s Royal Festival Hall, and broadcast on September 29 on ITV. There will be a limited amount of tickets available to the public for this event, which will go on sale starting August 21. To purchase, you must call the box office in the U.K. at 0871 663 2538.

Thanks Karen and HarryJamesP for the Metro link!

47 Responses to Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint Join Emma Watson as British National Movie Award Nominees

Avatar Image says:

Told you so. And you people have been slamming Emma for no reason. Now I imagine this awards significance will take on all new meaning. Fangirls rejoice.

Avatar Image says:

That is more like it…I think if people are fare Dan should win this one or at least come close to Jonnhy D. as best actor.

Avatar Image says:

Folks, the National Movie Awards are just another popularity contest invented by the entertainment media.

I just could not care less.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations to Daniel, Rupert and Emma :o). I only wish that Rupert and Emma hadn’t been so under used in OotP :o(. Ron and Hermione weren’t given much to do in movie 5.

Avatar Image says:

Oops sorry didn’t see the link duh me!

Avatar Image says:

Well this is a chance for the Rupert fans who keep whining that he doesn’t get enough attention to put up or shut up. Go vote for poor Rupert but you all know Dan will get more votes. Depp desereves to win though, Jack Sparrow is one of the greatest characters, and he made him that way. It wasn’t written that way.

Avatar Image says:

Not all Rupert fans whine, solo ;). They just point out the obvious, because, if you look at it, Rupert DOES get left out frequently. And yes, the fangirl in me has already voted, and yes, Johnny Depp is fantastic and deserves to win.

Avatar Image says:

I didn’t bash Emma, I quite like her and it’s not her fault that she gets nominated, it’s that she doesn’t deserve to be named best actress because she isn’t that good. Being popular, beautiful etc… doesn’t make you a good actress.

It’s called “Harry Potter”, not Ron or Hermione, why should they get more screen time, if you don’t like the idea of 2.5 hours of Dan on screen, don’t go and see the films, (for the millionth time).

I think Dan deserves to win personally, this is the first performance he’s produced, where I thought he was faultless and totally believed his character but Johnny Depp will win obviously but that’s showbiz.

Avatar Image says:

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I was beginning to wonder. And I believe all three of them deserve them…though I wish Rupert and Emma had some more screentime in OotP. BUt they were great as always…I hope the win!!!!!!!!!!!Congratulations and best of luck!!

Avatar Image says:

Another useless award. If Dan or Emma wins that means that this award is a joke. Best actors, far from it.

Avatar Image says:

woah.. 4 nominations for harry potter and the order of the phoenix. too bad that dan and rupert are in the same category and competing for the spot lol no matter what happens the 3 will get an award because im sure it will win best family because its popular.

Avatar Image says:

So Zebra, if Rupert were to win the award, it would mean it’s a serious award? With the screen time and wide range and depth he had to show?

Avatar Image says:

well finally we have some proper news about this.

I agree with you Zebra, look how selective the list is. This is just a random list of famous names for a popularity contest. Blockbuster films only, and only half of them were actually any good.

I heard ‘Other People’s Lives’ is just the most fantastic film but it’s not even listed. Of those films listed, Hot Fuzz, Casino Royale and Die Hard maybe deserve some credit.

To do it properly they should also have had best actor/ress and best supporting actor/ress categories but they lump them all together and only inlclude the best known.

I think Johnny Depp’s most likely to win of the men. He is brilliant and immensely popular.

Of the women, I’m sorry Emma fanboys, but Judi Dench is a national insititution and there is no comparison between her and any of the others on this list.

Avatar Image says:

also agree with radcakesfan that there is no comparison between Dan and Rupert’s role. That’s why they should split lead and supporting roles into two categories. I do love Rupert but I voted for Dan.

Avatar Image says:

come on guys stop bashing the charecters of the movies if you really cared about hp you would go and vote for the movie who cares if its a popularity contest they still deserve to win and i think it would be awsome for dan or rupert to win even tho i love johnny depp

Wheee!

Congratulations! I hope they win!

=)

Avatar Image says:

AccioHP7: In total agreement. It’s just a fact. He does get left out.

And yes, I like Emma as well.

I’m glad he got nominated but it’s too bad he and Dan are in the same category. That will diminish both of their chances.

Avatar Image says:

Do not fear, Pattysan & cia are voting for all the HP fans! =D Their worst fear is that Rupert may win something from Dan.

Whoever wins, this is almost a popularity contest.. or to see which fans are the most persistant. Good luck everyone!

Avatar Image says:

I really appreciate Rupert. It would be cool for him to win it and yes, I think Dan fans would crap themselves if Rupert did win. But he shouldn’t win, neither of them should. It should be Depp. Dan had too many outright laughably bad scenes.

Avatar Image says:

omg who 2 choose? dan or rupert? hmmmm i dunno…i loved what they did in Pheonix for different reasons, mainly cos some of their lines that were written for them were great: ‘sorry proffeseur i must not tell lies’ ha classic lol hmmm..now, back to voting :) lol

Avatar Image says:

Gah! These fangirls really grind my gears!

I don’t think I even need to point fingers. You know who you are.

Let’s be completely fair: NONE of the trio “deserve” to be there. They’re all still learning and far from perfect. I still hope they win and I wish them luck.

Avatar Image says:

Well, congrats to both Dan, and Rupert, although, the choice will be hard to make, both were great in the film… So yea, good luck both! Maybe we’ll be lucky, and it’ll be a tie!!

Avatar Image says:

“Rupert will get more votes than Dan, he’s better looking and has always been far more popular, Dan has a lot of haters, especially blokes whereas guys as well as girls like Rupert.”

I saw this post also at DR.com. lol. And you wonder why we say Rupertfans are whiners. Better looking? bleh…more popular? says who? and those haters must be… Rupert fans? lol. Get over yourself. Johnny Depp is going to win this poll.

Avatar Image says:

I think I just voted for OOTP because I really do think it is better as a film than Pirates this time around. I won’t vote for any actors because media like ITV exploits them all as well as their fans by coming up with these rubbish nomination.

Avatar Image says:

The nominees should have been all UK actors. No sense in calling it National Movie awards if they have to include American Hollywood talents. And Imelda Staunton should have been nominated. Emma Watson doesn’t realy have any competition. keira is a better actress but Emma’s going to win this one cause her fans are very savvy when it comes to internet voting.

And yay for Rupert being nominated. Now his fans can stop whining about him being overlooked. But Johnny Depp is going to win that category. Depp has been on top of polls for three years in a row now.

Avatar Image says:

I would love to see Daniel win and he does deserve tobut it will go to Johonny Depp.

Avatar Image says:

Hey, Daniel Craig could win for Bond. Seeing as how he and Depp have 20 years on Dan, I can respect that. Plus the fact that they were the leads and carried their movies.

Avatar Image says:

I doubt they’ll win, though they deserve to, it’s still an honor to be recognized.

Dans acting in OotP was trully remarkable. I nearly cried when he was being possesed by Voldemort in the MoM. You were made to feel for Harry in a way, atleast, I’ve never felt for him in the movies before, and thats pity! Not even in the GoF did I feel pity. That scene alone deserves an award. Ruperts comedic timing is always spot on! His chemistry is getting much better with Hermione on screne. Emma….what can I say, she’s always been a great actress. Her beauty as she gets older can go to her head like some, (Lindsey Lohan), but she doesnt let it. She’s a role model, even for us who are thiry and already established as a woman, a Mom and a wife.

Avatar Image says:

HAHAHAH!! you’re kidding right, Rupert is the second most popular among the HP fans, Dan is ALWAYS on the top of popularity list compare to Rupert!! Better looking, well Dan is again on the top of the most beautiful people, I don’t see Rupert as much in those lists compare to Dan..and yes the haters are just Rupert insecure fans who blame all Rupert flops and his less popularity to Dan and sometimes Emma.

and if you need some proof about who is the most popular just check the voting for the most popular young talent:

“Dan’s way ahead in that Talented Young Person vote, in which he competes against both Rupert and Emma, and he’s 20% ahead of Rupert (2nd place).”

so Julie, what popularity you’re talking about when Rupert couldn’t get people to watch his movie DL compare this to Dan who had a full house in every performance he had in Equus, FULL HOUSE!

Avatar Image says:

I was just on IMDB and were talking about this…who is deeper in the closet… Dan Radcliffe or Zac Efron? Imagine if they became a couple!! Squee!1 _

Avatar Image says:

Even though a) these awards are silly and b)Rupert Grint shouldn’t really win, a part of me kinda hopes he does, for no other reason than to see the DanRad fangirls have a Harmonian style meltdown over their teen idol losing an award to Rupert Grint. OTOH, go Johnny!

Avatar Image says:

I am now laughing at the Rupert fans who kept justifying Rupert not being included in acting nominations like this in the past. They make poor excuses like Rupert is not the lead while Dan is the male lead and Emma is the female lead so that’s why it’s only Dan and Emma. There you have it girls. Rupert is nominated at last and shucks, he’s still just secondary cast. lol. POint is, Rupert is included in these nominations because he did make a decent enough job in OotP. Although he was not singled out by the critics for his good performance, he also did not get bad reviews from them unlike Dan and Emma who got great reviews individually, especially Dan, but also got some bad reviews. So wish you luck Rupert. If it is only online voting, Emma will win this hands down, but if they also count other forms of voting such as forms given by the theaters themeselves, the others will have a chance.

Avatar Image says:

let’s face it neither Dan or Rupert have a hope in hell against Depp and Bloom. That’s not to take anything away from them, they are both great and lovely, but it’s just a fact. Whether it’s an acting or a popularity contest it should be Depp both times.

As a populurity contest Emma stands a chance against the other ‘totty’ in her category (ignoring Judi Dench, who must be wondering what the hell she’s doing there!). If it is trying to be an acting award then it should be Judi Dench because none of the girls are fit to even wipe her feet.

If it is trying to be an acting award, to be fair on all three there should be a ‘young actor’ category. Good though all three are (bearing in mind they are teenagers!) they are being pitched alongside adult, better and far more experienced actors.

Avatar Image says:

Also, if this is meant to be a serious award to rival (HA! as if) the BAFTAs then it shouldn’t have just plucked the top credited actors from each of the randomly chosen blockbusters for its nominations. I mean, if you’re going to put supporting actors like Rupert and Emma on the list, alongside adult actors from other films, why not include Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Imelda Staunton, Evana Lynch?

This is why this list is a joke. They haven’t thought it through objectively.

Avatar Image says:

Uhm, I did see a bad review of Rupert, chelsea. The reviewer sad he’s still just mugging for the camera and this is now the fifth movie. Personally, I don’t think the trio will win. They shouldn’t. They’re up against Oscar Nominated actors like Depp and keira and Bafta nominated Craig. IN short, they’re up against veteran actors whose credibility have already been established. The trio nomination should be enough. At least, their acting skills and popularity are recognized.

I hope the organizers have a fool proof plan so this will not become just another fan contest.If the basis is just online voting, we all know that can be rigged. There should be other forms.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve read somewhere that the purpose of this event is “to honour the year’s most successful films at the U.K. box office.” So it’s really ridiculous to call it a rival for the Bafta. I’m glad the trio is nominated but since this is not a serious award giving body but just to recognize the moneymakers, I’ll wait until the Bafta or Oscar nomination thank you.

Avatar Image says:

I didn’t vote for anyone. This is just a meaningless award dreamt up by ITV to cash in on film stars popularity. Given ITV’s track record for defrauding the public when it comes to voting, shame on The Leaky Cauldron for even covering it.

Oh and to the Rupert Grint fans, why can’t you take your bitterness and crawl away under a rock somewhere. Your juvenile behaviour reflects badly on all of us HP fans.

Avatar Image says:

I agree that Daniel Craig is hot. He’s my fav James Bond now and I wasn’t too sure how I would feel about a blonde Bond. LOL. Dan, Rupert, and Emma all did fine but they aren’t the best on the lists.

I will say that Dan fans mobilize votes more than Emma fans simply because guys mostly could care less. It’s the girls who vote all the time. That’s why Dan is leading in thr talented kid crap, most of Emma’s fans don’t vote for stuff like that. But they search. That’s why Emma is the most popular of the three. She kicked Dan’s butt during the premier especially. She was three times more searched than Dan. She even knocked Paris out of the top spot and that was when she was getting all her prison release news. Pretty impressive.

What I’m saying is that Emma doesn’ always get the votes because of the demographics that belong to her. She has more male fans who don’t vote like the girls do. But she did win the female ambassador over Keira so we’ll see. But really the trio don’t deserve it over some of the others. I still laugh at the possession scene, I thought Dan was going to start moving his pelvis on the floor at one point. I have to say he rather enjoyed Voldy’s presence.

Avatar Image says:

Solo for the past 3 months Dan is the only HP star who has been on the top search cast members for Yahoo, yes Emma was there for a while but after the HP die down Dan has been the only one on that list from the HP movies, I guess guys don’t care about her when it comes to other none HP projects, compare to Dan who more people are getting to search him becasue of his projects and not just because he’s hot.

Avatar Image says:

Mila, Wrong! Emma was number one in yahoo. Dan didn’t even get there. He fell off the list before her. There are a dozen of articles talking about Emma owning Dan and Paris. If you’re talking about boxoffice, Dan has december boys coming out. But even before OOtp came out Emma was on the box office list before any potter stars. Even Katie was ranking higher than Dan.

Avatar Image says:

Rupert, Dan and Emma are already winners. Their fans love them no matter what. All three were excellent in OoTP. As were Evanna Lynch, Bonnie Wright, as well as Matt Lewis. Everyone did an outstanding job. Daniel was the standout, and has proven that he can take on more demanding roles. I can’t wait for December Boys.

Avatar Image says:

I haven’t been here in ages, but I see that the same old crap is still going on.

And, Leaky, when are you going to ban Solo?

Avatar Image says:

Mila, sorry, not true:)lol!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve been to the Yahoo movie page TOp cast listing for the past weeks and yup, Dan is the only HP cast there. Even Zac Efron is not there. But Emma is quite the winner when it comes to online voting. She’s the breakaway winner in that CBBC poll. Dan tops the talented people poll because it’s not only HP fans who are voting there.

And My bad, Rupert has a bad review. I’ve just read another one. But hey, he’s getting recognized now, was even inlcuded in that Hand and foot ceremony. I thought they’d only get Dan for that so thank the elves for the recognition. We won’t get as much whining from the Rupert fans anymore.

Mila you’re wrong

for the pastg 2 months Emma has drop from the Top Cast/Crew

here is then link:

Dan is number 6 and I may add it is the only male actor in the list, the rest are girks and NO EMMA in that list.!!

Avatar Image says:

LMAO @ the Dan and Emma fanatics turning on each other. But what about Dan and Emma’s amaaazing true soulmate love?? :( :(

Avatar Image says:

They deserve to win Rupert is funny, Daniel is unique, and Emma is a good actress

Write a Reply or Comment