Potter Actors Join Composer Patrick Doyle’s Charity Concert

116

Aug 29, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

A myriad of actors from the Harry Potter films are scheduled to appear at a charity event in the UK supporting blood cancer charity, Leukemia Research. Film composer Patrick Doyle’s ‘Music From The Movies,’ presented along with Kenneth Branagh (Professor Lockhart), is an exclusive concert by Mr. Doyle at Royal Albert Hall, which will feature performances from the London Symphony Orchestra and the London Symphony Chorus. Mr. Doyle is slated to conduct his “Goblet of Fire” score as well as premiere his new violin concerto in F.

Actors from the Potter films such as Alan Rickman (Severus Snape), Emma Thompson (Professor Trelwaney), Gemma Jones (Madam Pomfrey), Imelda Staunton (Dolores Umbridge), Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid), Timothy Spall (Peter Pettigrew) and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire director, Mike Newell are all scheduled to appear along side many others at the charitable event which is in support of the Leukaemia Research Fund. Tickets are still available for the event which will take place in London, England on October 28.

Many thanks to TLC reader Michael for mailing in.

12 Responses to Potter Actors Join Composer Patrick Doyle’s Charity Concert

Avatar Image says:

Thank you to all concerned in this event.

I have Chronic Lymphocitic Leukemia and any research anywhere is welcome.

The type I have is very slow to progress and I should have a “near-normal” life expectancy. There are other types of Leukemia that are fast and terrible.

Just because mine is “slow” does not change the fact that it is still cancer and there is no cure.

Avatar Image says:

This is great. Shows how music and HP can bring people together.

Just letting you know that there’s a typo”...and Harry Potter and the Order of the Goblet of Fire director, Mike Newell are…” just letting you know before you get complaints and corrections.

Avatar Image says:

Yes its nice to see HP making a difference :)

Avatar Image says:

I feel a sense of pride in the fact that “our HP people” are involved in such an event. I think it just highlights the quality of the personnel on the HP team. I’m hoping that this concert will be broadcast by the BBC.

Avatar Image says:

I’d love to go to that, but I’m moving away to uni in a couple of weeks and I don’t know how to get to London from there. If once I get there I can find someone to come with me, and there are still tickets left, I’ll go =)

Avatar Image says:

As a HP fan with cancer :( I think that it’s great that HP actors and HP composers work together to help finding a cure for this terrible illness!

Avatar Image says:

i think it’s awesome that the potter stars are giving back to great things

Avatar Image says:

It may be worth mentioning that Patrick Doyle recovered from lukemia a few years ago… for all of his fans (such as myself) Goblet of Fire was very highly anticipated as his first major work since his recovery.

Avatar Image says:

HP actors and their always awesome help towards something important like this. Props to all of them! PS. You noticed that its basically all the HP Professors! Except Peter p. of course. XD

Avatar Image says:

im so proud that our “idols”, if you will, are helping out this importanat cause.

<3padfootrocksmysocks

applauds

Avatar Image says:

TLC reader Michael got that story from SnitchSeeker.com. It would be nice if you credited them.

Write a Reply or Comment