PotterCast 113: Live Call Out Show Now Online

364

Aug 03, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Now presenting our first post-DH Call out show of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast! To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

Live Post DH Call Out Show

- Spoiler Alert! Read DH FIRST BEFORE LISTENING (or reading this summary)!
- Our first-ever call-out show for Deathly Hallows!
- We get your reactions to the book!
- New revelations and questions from the previous books.
- The Epilogue has mixed feelings – listen to arguments from both sides!
- What is the real importance of having the Hallows in the story?
- Also, see what happens when you leave us your phone number for a Call-Out show and don’t answer.

RT: 1:18:20

Editor: Matt Kelliher

Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (33 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (9 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

50 Responses to PotterCast 113: Live Call Out Show Now Online

Avatar Image says:

Great cast, listened to it at work today.

Great show! <3

Avatar Image says:

Great show! I like the Epilogue. But agree that it can confuse many people.

Avatar Image says:

Re-formated computer, now the sound won’t work! grr! I have anther computer, but we just moved and the speakers are in a box somewhere…...need to find those….

Holy hormones! Rupert doing the opening! Well, I’m hooked. Continues listening

Avatar Image says:

Since when does Rupert do the opening? I love it!

Avatar Image says:

he did it last time, in the live one.

Avatar Image says:

alright.. yeah.. okay… http://hedwigisnotdead.com/ .. yeah.. but the book says it clearly, I think.

Avatar Image says:

A new post, about time! :) I thought this was the end of Leaky… i shall listen to Pottercast later on, keep on rocking guys!

Avatar Image says:

”...’Cept when I exploded. That was kind of weird.” lol!

Avatar Image says:

I thought the epiloge was cool – it tells what happened to the “boy who lived” later on!

Avatar Image says:

great show i have a question though Is J.K. Rowling coming out with a book that tells more about the ending? cause i want to know what happened to Fred and Kinglsey and all the others

Avatar Image says:

not to be a smart alec but in the beginning of the chat one of the girls says horray for Hufflepuff, but it is actually Ravenclaw that they mean…. great chat however Harry Potter is the best book ever

Avatar Image says:

J.K. Rowling told a little bit more about the characters in some email thing and I found them on wikipedia.org. I loved the book!

great cast.

FINALLY! something new to comment on!!! yaya!!!

lol

hey kylee... what did u look up on wikipedia? what did u type in?

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

oh. i found the page, kylee... never mind.

in case you want to look up all the official info about the characters after/before/during the epilogue, go to en.wikipedia.org and search harry potter and the deathly hallows. search thru… u’ll find it.

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

Loved the Show…And yeah I am New to Potter Cast..Came across it through Leaky Cauldron while reading the Jk Rowling Chat Transcript..Great Show!! sum of ur comments totally cracked me up!!

Well I do have a MAJOR question (well major for me atleast) for you guys to ponder over…which is… where do you think Harry lives now with his family? Any chance of living in Godric’s Hollow or Grammauld Palace..Well i would be happy with both..probably a bit more happy with him living at Godric’s Hollow…Loved that chapter!!:(

Avatar Image says:

and doesn’t seemlike my q’s been brought up:( Gosh I misssed the chat I DONT BELIEVE IT! like i just didn’t look up info abt Harry or Rowling over the weekend and that made me miss such a gud opportunity to ask my question..

Oh another question I wanted to ask was who do you guys think George (poor guy:( feel so sad for him) married?? anyone we know? Alicia or Angelina or maybe Katie??*-)

Avatar Image says:

I feel the same as I do about the epilogue of DH – Loved it but way tooo short __

Avatar Image says:

Really good pottercast, but what about the poor irish guy? Melissa! I mean running out of skype credit? epiloque was pretty cool except for the “Albus Severus” bit, i mean, the boys not 89!

Avatar Image says:

I am confuse you are up to Podcast 113? What happen to Pottercast 105? Or Podcast 108 through 112? I checked with I-Tunes and there is no podcast with those numbers?

Avatar Image says:

Cool, but some guys and gals were a bit too loud on the phone(or, if I turned the volume down, others became too quiet), and I had to turn it off.

I liked Mugglecast more, though – raw emotions and some energetic discussion, whereas here it seemed to me that people were a bit wary of spoilers yet – and it seemed like it was a little behind the times, too(Jo’s webchat wasn’t really taken into account).

Avatar Image says:

Well, yeah—the webchat was on Monday, and the live call-out was done right after the book came out, so they really couldn’t take it into account, seeing as it hadn’t happened yet.

Avatar Image says:

guys, i loved it!!! I was laughing the entire way through. Great show- thanks Melissa, John, and Sue!!!

btw- I was like is that Rupert? ITS RUPERT!!!! thats rly rly rly cool.

Avatar Image says:

I’m really looking forward to hearing this – we’ve missed you guys! What’s the immediate future look like for you folks at Leaky? Will we be hearing from you on the site or on Pottercast anytime soon . . . ?(she says, because she misses you!)

Avatar Image says:

This is a message for the People who run this site, I thought you said in an interview that once the HP books are over you were going to support the actors in whatever project they were going to do, but I have not seen the news about Dan’s new project or the new pictures here from my boy Jack. So what is it going to be???? false advertisement!!

Avatar Image says:

About how Dumbledore won the Elder Wand from Grindelwald. I thought it was because the Elder Wand was not loyal to Grindelwald because he had stolen it, not won it from Gregorovitch and therefore was never its true master.

Avatar Image says:

Wow… news is slow. I guess it’ll be this way for a while. At least until HPB/f I reckon.

Avatar Image says:

way to go guys! i love pottercast ever since my first tune-in. Next weeks password is mad-eye!

ohhh new avataar thing XD

Avatar Image says:

So, who wants to make a SnapeIsNotDead.com? I mean, if Hedwig can have one, I think Snape deserves one as well—there are plenty of people out there who support the idea of Snape surviving….

I hope you guys manage to get back in touch with the Irish caller; I wanna know the name of the restaurant!

Avatar Image says:

Ernie- Fred is dead. You must mean George And if you read the transcript of Jo’s Webchat, there are many answers to questions there

Avatar Image says:

‘Why?’- calm down. Leaky hasn’t been posting very much news lately and it’s not because they aren’t supporting the actors (frankly after all this obsessing over them for the last few months leading up to the movie, it’s probably a refreshing break) but in case you didn’t you know Leaky is undergoing a massive refurbishment, and the lack of news about Dan’s pics in My Boy Jack is probably due to this.

Avatar Image says:

is the news maybe slow because of Prophecy?

Avatar Image says:

Okay, so I’d been putting off listening to Pottercast … up to tonight. :)

Reactions: OMG, it was Edmund Kern!!! Will he be putting out an updated edition of WoHP, or a followup? Thanks to Leaky, I got my copy 3 years ago…

I understood Cheryl’s World of Warcraft reference; to clarify, WoW is an online fantasy game that has lots of players who are glorious epic heroes. But a lot of our heroes are regular people too. We have people just like Ron, Hermione, Harry… We even have the odd Dobby and Kreacher swelling our ranks :D

John… don’t be too put out about Dawlish, ‘kay? Because my real name’s John too. At least we have Remus John Lupin. But just imagine how my sister Dolly felt about Umbridge. XD

Avatar Image says:

So it WAS [IS ] Harry , and not Vorltemort , who became the Master of Death ,because it was he who truly understood it and what life is as well. It was a wonderful journey to travel with JKR. Thanks Jo.

Avatar Image says:

I would imagine because pretty much the entire leaky news staff is still at prophesy (which is in canada) that perhaps is why there hasnt been much news posted…. that and there hasnt really BEEN much news… check hpana and the others..

Avatar Image says:

Great show! I saw the live get together before the book came out. And I have enjoyed it and the two pottercasts afterwards. I hope you keep doing these. It’s great to get to hear other people’s take on the book. I am hopelessly surrounded by muggles. You are my only link to the wizarding world. Thanks for letting us listen! :)

Avatar Image says:

Melissa, you have such a great voice! I can’t stop smiling when you’re talking, such a cheerful voice and laugh.

And Sue and John, you rock too! It really is fun listening to the podcasts. I just found out about them, but I’m just randomly listening to old ones. Especially the Leaky Mugs.

Every week people all over the world listen to you, laugh because of you’re jokes, discuss the podcasts, looks at the video’s, reading the site, al the tours you guys do, look at what you achieved! Can you blame fans for asking for you’re autograph?! :P

Keep up the good work!

Stefan, the Netherlands

Avatar Image says:

I loved the seventh book!!!! I enjoyed THE FINAL SHOWDOWN. IT WAS AWESOME!!!! I admit after Tonks died I didn’t want to read it anymore, but I read it!!! POTTERCAST is a realy cool idea guys, keep it up!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the best book ever written. And I wish I could marry J K Rowling.

Avatar Image says:

I have a question I would have liked discussed: if Grindelwald had the Elder Wand which could not be defeated, how did Dumbledore overcome him? Was Grindelwald doing battle with a different want at the time? I would find that hard to believe. . .

Avatar Image says:

The Elder wand wasn’t “unbeatable”; that was made clear when it’s alligence went from DD to Draco to Harry. That part was myth. It was merely a very powerful wand, but not unbeatable.

Avatar Image says:

LOVE IT!!! I am a huge fan of Pottercast. I wish you had one every single day :O)

(Just a quick note. If you are sponsored by Borders, don’t post a B&N pic with the news :O) LOL)

Avatar Image says:

Love the show you all did a great job and I have to say that I’m glad that so many people were happy with the ending… and I think that the trio needed to have a “fluffy-sweet” ending after the years of pain and fighting that they have had in their youth. But I was also needing MORE information!! I was one of those people that needed to know everything… how long have they been married? who got married first? Did they take their NEWTs? What was their scores? Did they go back and finish their last year? So many questions that don’t “need” to be answered, but I WANT to know. Again Great Show Pottercast you guys rock!!

Ahh, the PotterCast page is broken! :(

I’m itching for new episodes and wondering why both PC and MC seem to have abandoned their Sunday postings.

Avatar Image says:

Dumbledore didn’t kill Voldy with the elder wand because he says himself in the “Kings Cross” chapter that he couldn’t use the wand to kill. “I was fit to own the elder wand, and not boast of it, and not to kill with it. I was permitted to tame and use it, because I took it, not for gain, but to save others from it”

Avatar Image says:

Holy crap…I almost peed my pants this morning when I heard the voicemail that John came up with. I had to listen to it 3 or 4 times because I was laughing so hard! “Don’t cry, Harry Pawter”. Brilliant.

Keep up the good work, guys! Pottercast totally dominates the HP podcast realm!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, and everybody give these guys a break if they want to slack off!! They’ve been working their tails off keeping us entertained and sane waiting for the book release over the last few months. I think they all deserve a well-needed break. :)

Avatar Image says:

Tracie, it’s not really because the lack of podcasts. I know that they’re tuckered out from everything, but you know, when you take the time to post one comment answering one question that one person asked, why not answer a simple question when more than one person has asked it? That doesn’t make sense to me.

It’s not a big deal, though.

Write a Reply or Comment