New Interviews with Harry Potter Filmmakers David Heyman and Stuart Craig

119

Sep 27, 2007

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

We have several new audio interviews with Harry Potter filmmakers to tell you about today. In addition to the David Yates interview we first told you about a few days ago, Voices from Krypton have released further “Half-Blood Prince” related conversations with Harry Potter film producer David Heyman as well as an extended interview with production designer Stuart Craig. Mr. Heyman discusses the sixth film, and its director David Yates, describing the decision to bring Mr. Yates into the directors chair noting his ability to “bring a real reality to everything he does” which Mr. Heyman feels was very important due to the nature of the story in these films. You can listen to this most interesting interview here.

Production Designer Stuart Craig discusses the many new techniques used in the production of “Order of the Phoenix” as well as much more in this new four part interview available to for listening right here. While the subject of “Half-Blood Prince” is only briefly touched on, Mr. Craig talks about the planning and challenges in designing the sets for “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” and of the small ways the tone of the films affect his design.

Currently in production, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released in theaters November 21, 2008.

Thanks Professor!

12 Responses to New Interviews with Harry Potter Filmmakers David Heyman and Stuart Craig

Avatar Image says:

yay!! I’m the first one…O_o…I can’t wait ‘till the Half-Blood Prince comes out!!!!...I want to go to the midnight premiere for my B-Day!!!! I also cant wait for DH becuz I’m saving up to go to London!!...I love the HP movies!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I can’t wait for HBP the movie.

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

...Stuaart Craaaig

Don’t forget DRACOOOO!!!

lots of screentime!

Avatar Image says:

you guys at leaky always have the most recent news…keep up the good work!!!

Avatar Image says:

Lol at Parvati. I totally agree! ^_~. I want to go to the premier of HBP/DH so badly. I have ever since CoS, really. These next two were my favourite books, and I have total faith in David Yates as a director. OOTP was much better than I thought it would be, so I reckon HBP is going to be amazing, too.

Avatar Image says:

I totally know how you guys feel!!!!! I’m soooooooo wanna go to the HBP and DH premiere’s in london!!!!!! i went to the harry potter and the order of the pheonix premiere in leicster square and it was amazing!!!!!! Best day of my life!!!!! No jks! I got emma’s, rupert’s, afshan’s, tom’s, bonnie’s, katie’s, david bradley’s, alfred’s, natalia’s and even jk rowling autograph!!!! i feel like the luckiest person in the world!!! Even though i had to wait in the rain for 6hrs, wait for about 11 hrs nearly got half pushed to death by other harry potter fans it was an AWESOME day!!! The best !!Standing around that long is the only bad thing about going!! So if anyone is planning to go just go!!!! You will not regret it!!

Wooooooooooooo can’t wait till the HBP premiere!!!!! :)

Avatar Image says:

This is so exciting. You guys make me envious! No, I’m not kidding! I so want to be able to go to a premier, of HBP or DH. I don’t live ANYWHERE near a premier. I live in South Carolina, and the “nearest” premier “site” is New York!!! (waaaaa!)I am, of course, talking about a premier where Dan,Rupert,Emma,Jason,Tom,JK,...etc might be in attendance! :(

Avatar Image says:

i want to go to the premiers too i have been to them since POA and i want to go mostly because of Emma i want to meet her so much by myself just talk to her and tell her she is my idol,inspiration,favourite actress and that i love her soosoooooooooo sososoooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.Emma is what makes the films good and i am glad she came back if Emma wasn’t in the last two i dont know what i would do it wouldn’t be the same.Emma is the reason worth seeing HP films also cause she is so smart,beautiful and talented.i will see anything Emma is in and i can’t wait for Ballet Shoes.

Avatar Image says:

I so love Stuart Craig’s work, he is amazingly talented! On the David Heyman subject…I think he lurves Mr. Yates xD

Who wouldn’t? ~_^