More on “Order of the Phoenix” DVD, Now with December 11 Release Date

221

Sep 07, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

There is more news today regarding the anticipated release date of the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD. While previously there had been reports of a release date in early November, including from Amazon UK, today DVDActive has received the artwork for the discs including the high definition formats, along with a new release date of December 11. You can see this artwork here. Update: Coming Soon is also now reporting this as well.

What is interesting in the news from DVDActive are some new details about items to be included, such as the “Trailing Tonks feature with Actress Nat Tena, various making of featurettes, and a Fun and Games feature in which director David Yates and editor Mark Day show us what a difference a good edit makes and allows you to edit a scene.” Of note is the inclusion of a documentary from A & E, the one that aired over the summer featuring our Floo partner and Lexicon founder, Steve Vander Ark, and the Coming Soon report says this documentary is “The Hidden Secrets of Harry Potter” in which look for clues in the past Harry Potter films for what the future films may hold. Another feature is an “In Movie Experience,” in which you join the cast from Dumbledore’s Army as they come together to share memorable moments

We are trying to get more information on all of this, so stay tuned! Thanks mango!

48 Responses to More on “Order of the Phoenix” DVD, Now with December 11 Release Date

Avatar Image says:

ew gross. that’s my least favorite of all the possible covers.

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait to see the action! Poor Delores?

A note about the “Aveda Kedavra” – in relation to “Abra Kadabra”: A-Bara-K’Dabra is Aramaic for “To Create with Words”.

Great movie, eclipsed by an incredible read!

Avatar Image says:

No i don’t think its that bad, i quite like it actually, but i must admit i thought it should of had umbridge or even luna on the front of it, aswell as the others. I mean they are key characters in this film!!!

I can’t wait till december!!!! PLZ HURRY UP!!!!!!! :(

Avatar Image says:

i dont buy this, this is oviously a fake

Avatar Image says:

I wish they used the the one that included Ginny, Neville, and Luna, but oh well. I kind of like how Voldemort’s in there.

The DVD extras sound AMAZING. All of them! I was a little disappointed in the past, but I can’t wait for this one.

Avatar Image says:

“i dont buy this, this is oviously a fake”

It was released by the studio and all major media website outlets are putting them up. It’s as real as it gets.

Avatar Image says:

” Another feature is an “In Movie Experience,” in which you join the cast from Dumbledore’s Army as they come together to share memorable moments “

that sounds like a commentary!!! right?!

the features sound way better than i’d expected. (YAY!) the cover art, however, is HORRIBLE! that does not even look like emma watson!

Avatar Image says:

I don’t thing that’s real, because the brazilian Warner has already contacted Potterish.com (according to them) saying that the dvd will be released here by november 14th

but I don’t know…

Avatar Image says:

hmm, could this info possibly be for the HD/Blue Ray disc only? And the standard 2-Disc might have a different release date, different cover art, different features..?

Avatar Image says:

I like this cover artwork a lot more then that other rumored one that was floating around. That one looked too much like the artwork for Goblet of Fire. I like the colors used for this one, and it’s a better picture of the trio.

The features sound decent, but again not nearly adequate for a blockbuster movie the size of Order of the Phoenix. It again seems to be lacking in the area of substantial making-of material. Instead we’ll just be getting a few “featurettes” instead of true documentaries.

Oh well, I suppose they are saving all the really good special features for the future extended editions, which we know are coming.

Avatar Image says:

Guys, the DVD, HD-DVD, and Blu-ray covers are REAL! DVD Active is an actual reliable source for upcoming DVDs, and the OOTP DVD release is no exception. All of the extras from the 2-disc edition will be included on the high-def formats, but the “In Movie Experience” is exclusive to the HD-DVD (and probably Blu-ray too) release only.

The only OOTP DVD artwork we haven’t got yet is the single-disc artwork (separate full-screen and anamorphic widescreen edition) and the back art for all the video formats OOTP is being released in. Usually, Warners provides the back art for their recent movie DVD releases nowadays but I don’t think we’ll get the back art when the single-disc artwork is released.

And why the complaining about the DVD artwork? It looks perfectly fine to me (it’s a international poster), and it’s a heck of a lot better than the U.S. one-sheet (boring) and the horrible Swedish artwork (Photoshopped to no end, yuck!). And this is the artwork used for the DVD release in Brazil too.

Avatar Image says:

can anyone tell if we’re going to have cast interviews on the regular 2 disc dvd? i’ve loved those from the past two releases, they’re the best part of the extras.

I guess the problem i have with the cover is that they just took three separate pictures of the trio, adn put them together. at least the us one sheet had all six of them, and it looked pretty cool in my opinion.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t know if I believe this. Amazon Germany still lists 16th November as a release date for the German DVD. And 11th December is too late for the pre Christmas hype.

Avatar Image says:

how come theres no announcment or cover on the dvd box set????? i want to buy it!

Avatar Image says:

Thats my birthday!!! Im so excited!!

Avatar Image says:

“I just want to know if this has been confirmed by WB yet. Then, I’ll start acting like a crazy person, counting down the days.”

It IS confirmed by the WB, why are you guys being so skeptical for? gnashes teeth Geez… I mean if you guys are waiting for the official list of extras, just wait for the WB to add the single-disc artwork because when they add the single-disc artwork to the site, they’ll upload the back artwork for both DVD releases too. (Hopefully.)

In any case, OOTP is slated for a DVD release of December 11, 2007 in any case. Stop treating this as a rumor!

Avatar Image says:

Matthew as I understand the article it is still not confirmed by WB. It is listed on a DVD site with that release. But others (amazon) has an earlier release date. So it can’t be a confirmed date. And Leaky is still waiting for information as it says in the article.

Avatar Image says:

The In Movie Experience is Exclusive to the HD DVD Format only, which I proudly own. The previous 4 will also be released in HD with similar exclusives. I can’t wait for December!

Avatar Image says:

Matty, DVD Active isn’t one to pull jokes about DVD releases… the reason why Warners hasn’t issued a press statement yet is because they’re probably finishing up touches on the single-disc artwork and the HD-DVD/Blu-ray boxsets.

And the thing on DVD Active says, “Warner Home Video has announced…” That’s pretty much confirmation from Warners. And the artwork is too well-done to be a Photoshop.

Avatar Image says:

This is my birthday, too. Looking forward to it – I enjoyed that movie.

Avatar Image says:

Hey Matthew, same name as me ha. That wasn’t me disputing DVDactive, in fact, I visit it religiously, they’re official. Another official website called highdefdigest also has the full specs for the HD releases.

Avatar Image says:

I’m not thrilled by it, but this is not the worst DVD cover, PoA was by far the worst. The extras sound very promising though. Can’t wait!!

Can’t wait :)

Avatar Image says:

The In Movie Experience will probably just be on the HD-DVD edition.

Avatar Image says:

Sucks that the IN MOVIE EXPERIENCE only is exclusive for the HD-DVD. Not even on Stanard and Blue Ray as it seems. WB you suck!

Avatar Image says:

Mike, it’s the technology. Maybe the Blu-Ray edition will have one, but the standard DVD release won’t.

Avatar Image says:

I thought prisoner of azkaban had the best cover. Oh well, I guess it’s all a matter of opinion.

Avatar Image says:

I’m very disappointed in the cover. I mean, Fleur, Krum & Cedric were on the GoF DVD cover and they are nowhere near as important as Neville, Luna, and Ginny. The cover really should have been the sextet to be representative of the central characters in OotP. Also, that poster with the 6 of them was awesome!

The extras sound underwhelming also. When is WB going to wake up and realize that we are serious, adult fans of the HP series and give us DVD features that reflect this? I didn’t like the first Narnia movie a whole lot, but I have to hand it to Disney—they have us beat (in a huge way) in terms of DVD quality. I think Narnia had about 10 hours of extras. Please, WB, give us hardcore full-length documentaries on the making of these fantastic films! They deserve them, and we, the fans, do too.

gets down off soapbox

:D

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, I agree with you Hannah—the Narnia DVDs (both of them) have very extensive extras, not to mention two separate commentaries. I hope Warners gets off their high horse and give us commentaries (“300”, “Blood Diamond” and the upcoming Stanley Kubrick SEs have them!) or an exclusive documentary.

Maybe when Warners releases the back art for the format releases (DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-ray), we’ll know for sure whether a commentary is included. I thought Yates would be open to one, considering he did one for “Girl in the Cafe”.

Avatar Image says:

Once they finish making the films, then perhaps more comprehensive features will be added to future re-releases.

Avatar Image says:

Oh no way! I was so looking forward to it coming out in November! I seriously hope that’s a joke that it should come out about a month later.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, we have to wait that long?!! I am looking forward to that bit with Nat, the Tonks fan in me is squeeing. :D

Avatar Image says:

emma watson looks a little different then she usually does…but i still like it…although it’s not my favorite out of all the…dvd covers

Avatar Image says:

I really like the cover art! I am so excited, but December 11th? NO! That will be an eternity!

Avatar Image says:

I CAN NOT wait for the release! But I really wish it was sooner!

Avatar Image says:

I’m sure they feel that if they bring the release date closer to Christmas then sales will be more successful, rather than a pre-Thanksgiving date.

I’m not a fan of the art, personally. It’s too plain.

I believe the film is called “Harry Potter and the ORDER OF THE PHOENIX” so, where is the Order?

Jeeze, they could have atleast used one of the crappy production posters. At least those had Ginny, Luna, and Neville…

Oh well…

Avatar Image says:

Bummer…I was really anticipating a Nov. 12th release. Oh, well – the special features included with the DVD compensates for the longer wait. :)

Avatar Image says:

awwwww bummer! i really wanted it to come out earlier.

i hate the way emma looks on the cover. its not AS horrible as all the promos from GoF… but its nearly there… all the other covers were way better than this one…

<3padfootrocksmysocks

Avatar Image says:

—>”We KNOW extended editions are coming? gosh, really? I don’t think so. That would just be wishfull thinking.”

We know that lots of footage that we’ve yet to see is out there, because we’ve seen various still photos of said scenes. And we know Mr. Yates shot an Order of the Phoenix film far longer then what we saw it theatres. In addition, didn’t Mr. Heyman already hint that extended editions were a definite possibility?

I just think that these things, combined with the fact that the WB would profit greatly from a release such as this, adds up to it being very likely that Extended Editions of the films (hopefully with more comprehensive special features, too) will hit the market.

Avatar Image says:

we don’t mind waiten for the hp movie! it’s worth while waiting. it’s goin to be smashing!

Avatar Image says:

well, if this happens to be real, then – wow! the movie and the DVD in the same year! =)

Avatar Image says:

DVD Times says that the initial specs for the HD-DVD includes English and French Dolby Digital Plus tracks plus a music-only track.

Avatar Image says:

Look at the first picture of the Harry Potter Limited Edition Giftset.

Only the five years but an amazing giftset !!!

Release on the same day.

Spread the news to a leaky staff member for an update.

Avatar Image says:

I went to my local mall on Thursday, September 6 and entered a store in the mall called Sunset Motion Pictures. They sell movies. They had a DVD box of the movie on display. The cover had the picture of the DA on it from the poster art. I asked them when it would be released. They looked on their list and under Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix it said November. They would not lie about the release month or have a fake box on display. They are very professional.

Avatar Image says:

So no commentary on this one either? Bummer! There’s nothing like watching a movie and then watching it again with the commentary and getting so much insight into what the creators were doing and thinking when shooting and producing the different sequences. O well…

Avatar Image says:

I don’t know whether anyone has noticed, but both release dates are 12/11/07, which Amazon UK would interpret as November 12th, but would be 11th December in the US.

Write a Reply or Comment