Poll for Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park Now Working

Jan 02, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Right before the holidays, Universal Orlando sent out emails indicating they had opened a poll regarding their new “Wizarding World of Harry Potter” theme park attraction, however the poll unfortunately was not working for many fans. It appears they have sorted out their technical issues, and fans can now vote on the question asking “Where would you most like to get a refreshment or snack in Hogsmeade?” You can choose from “The Hog’s Head,” “The Three Broomsticks,” or “Honeydukes,” with voting available via this link. Readers will recall J.K. Rowling described the new Harry Potter theme park in her recent interview with PotterCast when Jo said:

“I truly think that walking into the theme park will be as close as you will ever get to walking onto the film set, or to walking into Hogsmeade. Better, of course, because it’s 3D, and you can walk around the corner and look at the back, and it’s going to be quite incredible. I really believe that, and personally, I think it will be the best thing in the world of its type, having seen what I’ve seen.

Be sure to check out the wonderful early concept art for the park here in our galleries.The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida is currently under construction with a late 2009/early 2010 opening date.

51 Responses to Poll for Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park Now Working

Avatar Image says:

I would love all three, but getting all the candy would be FABULOUS!

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone else find it weird that they wouldn’t pay the money to license the music for the website?

Avatar Image says:

It’s a tough call, but it wouldn’t be Hogsmeade without The Three Broomsticks.

Can’t wait to go.

I voted for Honeydukes.

Will Alberforth or Rose Merrita be serving?

Avatar Image says:

Yeah i already voted =) Hog’s Head!

Avatar Image says:

WOW, This looks really cool. I have been told that we are going there when it opens. My family loves Harry potter. Leave it to TLC to be first with the information:)

I voted for Hogs Head.

Avatar Image says:

Definitely the Three Broomsticks!

Avatar Image says:

What about the leaky caundron! That so should be on the list!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I am really uneasy with this whole idea, but I’m hoping it’s done well. I am still quite surprised that Jo is so happy about what is the most blatant commercialisation of Harry Potter yet… but maybe it’s because she knows things about the park that we don’t know? I’m hoping.

Avatar Image says:

But I want to go to the Leaky Cauldron!

WHAT! No LC? (leakycauldron) I am so sad now! =[

Avatar Image says:

most definitely three broomsticks :)

Avatar Image says:

I’m all signed up, and ready to go! This sounds spectacular. I’m not one, much for Theme Parks, but this one will be worth looking into! Remember….it’s not the BOOKS, it’s not the MOVIES, it’s a THEME PARK! Each has (or will have) it’s own unique bits of JKR’s works! And it’s ALL world, of Harry Potter. The Wizarding World. That we’ve come to know and love! WOO HOO!

Avatar Image says:

I can not believe the Hog’s Head is sitting at only 17%, that is where the most interesting stuff happened by far. From the formation of Dumbledore’s Army, to the part where Harry and Aberforth confronted each other. Oh well to each there own.

John B

Avatar Image says:

Oh, did I forget to mention? ‘The Three Broomsticks’ (my personal fav) is “in the lead”, with 53%, at this point! Yah, they should have included the ‘Leaky Cauldron’, but oh well…can’t have everything! LOL @ margoooo: As for the music, I don’t think it’s weird. But I’ll bet they use the music, in the park! =)

Avatar Image says:

Ok… urgh. They put little Hedwig right there on the page! sob heave... They really should consider those of us with tender hearts!

Avatar Image says:

I voted for Honeydukes, because I love sweets! :) And does anyone know if Warner Brothers and Universal Orlando will consider the results of the poll, or is the poll just for fun?

Avatar Image says:

thats it? thats all they want to know? c’mon i’ll answer anything guys!

Avatar Image says:

I voted Hog’s Head because… I like it.

Avatar Image says:

This sounds like a Mom’s get away some day. What do you think?

Avatar Image says:

i can’t wait 4 more Harry Potter adventures @ the Wizardry World of HP!!Pretty sure my Mom will b able 2 survive next year or 2 4 the WWOHP if she able 2 make it in Florida b-cause she went there once b-4 by herself alone but she’ll go 1 more time 2 take me and I’ll will b having a blast there my 1st time going there is no exception and hopefully no inconvience at all? Cu all there 2 years from now! Chow!!! Good-bye!! Hasta la vista, baby!!

Avatar Image says:

This looks like that there will only be one of these in the park then. Im not sure why they cant have a Three Broomsticks and a Honeydukes, what kid wouldnt go to a candy store?

Avatar Image says:

Brilliant! very brilliant! Really happy they’ll realize the dream of all fans!Thanks Jo for allowing this to exist! Thanks to all Leaky Staff for this information! This theme park will let us remember Harry pottter world forever.

Avatar Image says:

Why not The Leaky Cauldron? No chance?

sounds awesome!

Avatar Image says:

My only major complaint is that it will be too busy and packed with people for me to enjoy if I ever went there! (YAy – possible first post?)

first?

HONEYDUKES

Avatar Image says:

WHAT! WHAT?! NO LEAKY CAULDRON?!? I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO OUTRAGED IN MY LIFE!!! First time I’ve used all capital for my main message to. Ha ha.

1st comment :D

Avatar Image says:

whoa never mind lol haha

Avatar Image says:

yay first comment!!! OMG I’m booking my plane tickets and hotel room right now!!!

Avatar Image says:

I am glad to here that there will be something avalible to those of us who can’t travel abroad to see Harry Potter attractions.

Avatar Image says:

That’s a tough question – of course I voted for the Three Broomsticks, but who could resist going to Honeydukes??? I am really looking forward to the day when I can visit both!

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s pretty cool how they decided to ask the readers/movie watchers of the HP series!! I personally chose The Three Broomsticks! But i wouldn’t say no to Honeydukes..but I’m not to sure about the Hogs Head seeing it’s reputation. But after all Aberforth does work there!!

Avatar Image says:

I just realized…THERE”S NO LEAKY CAULDRON!! What??? Maybe they didn’t post it because it’s already set-in-stone! You can’t have a Harry Potter world without the Leaky Cauldron!! It’s practically half of Harry’s life!! Come on please????

shweeeeeet!

i am super excited for this theme park! i seriously cannot wait!

Avatar Image says:

The poll results are surprising, given the role of the Hog’s Head in Deathly Hallows.

Avatar Image says:

I chose the Hogs Head since it has such a symbolic meaning!! But if we could have all three i’d be best, wait we BETTER have all three!

Bleh. :C

Avatar Image says:

Three Bromsticks! C’mon I badly want to taste what Butterbeer tastes like. Ever since reading Prisoner of Azkaban I wanted one. I’d imagine it’s like some kind of Cappuccino, an Irish coffee maybe but fizzy aswell. Dammit I want one!

YAY!!! Squee! Why not put Leaky on their poll? :(

Avatar Image says:

PLease do I would nothing more then take my kids to a theme park that is familiar to them. We have been reading and rereading the books for many years now. They have become old friends of the familie. So just tell me when and whrere and we will be on the plane and first in line , we live in Maine. So just keep the many fans in mind. we all want to be sorted into different houses and live like witches and wizards for a day away from the muggle world . Thera van de Wetering

Avatar Image says:

This park is going to be awsome.omgggggggggggggg

Avatar Image says:

I also voted for the Hog’s Head, because I didn’t see the Leaky Couldron on the list. Then I remembered, the Leaky Couldron is in London. What WB and Universal should do is have the patrons “board” the Hogwarts Express at “Platform 9 3/4”, which would be at a different location, and ride the train to hogsmeads. (unless they’ve thought of that already!! ;^)

Avatar Image says:

Oh, by the way, you could only get to platform 9 3/4’s By going through the Leaky Coldron!!

Avatar Image says:

Of course there’s no Leaky Cauldron… T_T LC is on Charing Cross Road, although I suppose they could still recreate that.

Avatar Image says:

well the vote look like madam rosmertas 3 broomsticks, the Hogs head, honeydukes, really have to be there “As does “madam puddifoots” as each have their place in the stories. There is also the “great hall”, hagrids hut with “rock cakes” ( I bet Macdonalds will try and get in their too ) Mrs weasley’s kitchen, (heaven forbid aunt petunias) and possily 12 grimmauld place’s kitchen. Platform 9.3/4 and the Leaky cauldron both in London I am sure will appear some where, as to get into the “magical world” initial entrance is via the leaky cauldron + the P.3/4 to hogsmead (using the “Hogwarts Express”) It sounds “out of this world”,absolutely wonderful. I lookforwad to hearing everybody’s experiences. Flittwick.

Avatar Image says:

TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE WHINING ABOUT THE LEAKY CAULDRON NOT BEING ON THE LIST:

The poll is about HOGSMEADE, and the Leaky Cauldron isn’t IN Hogsmeade. It will be there, I’m sure, it’s just not a part of this particular HOGSMEADE poll…..

I wonder if they will rig up a brick wall that folds in on itself to let us into Diagon Alley? That would be SWEET!

Avatar Image says:

i think that it is so cool that they are building Hogsmeade. i probly wont get to go though. SO SAD….... can some one tell me how to vote?

Write a Reply or Comment