Stuart Craig to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award from Art Directors Guild

116

Jan 12, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The Art Directors Guild will honor Harry Potter production designer Stuart Craig this year, as he will be given a special Lifetime Achievement Award. Stuart Craig, who has been nominated for the Oscars twice for his production design work on the Harry Potter films, and has won the Academy Award three times for his work on other films such as The English Patient and Gandhi, will be given this special honor when the Guild presents their awards next month.

Also, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix has been nominated for an award from the Art Directors Guild, receiving a nod for excellence in production design, Fantasy Film category. Other films nominated along with Stuart Craig’s work on OotP include Dennis Gassner for “The Golden Compass, Rick Heinrichs for “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End,” Harley Jessup for “Ratatouille” and James Bissell for “300.”

The 12th Annual Art Directors Guild Awards will be presented in Los Angeles, California on February 16. Congratulations Stuart Craig!

17 Responses to Stuart Craig to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award from Art Directors Guild

yay! first to comment! congratulations Stuart Craig! : D

Avatar Image says:

Go Stuart Craig!!! I would vote for you….designs in OOTP are stunning!keep with good work

Avatar Image says:

Truly if there’s one man we have to thank from these movies to keep true to the books it is indeed Stuart Craig. That man is consistently taking what I had in my head and building the real thing. Who knows Harry Potter could have been made entirely in green screen if wasn’t for this man’s work and now his helping to design the theme park so we can all see it. Mr Craig every Harry Potter owes you a huge deal of gratitude, and here’s mine. THANK YOU!

Avatar Image says:

I concur, Kiwi Mc I. I really would like to see him win an Oscar, for his work! Especially on ‘Order Of The Phoenix’. The man is a genius! Congratulations,Mr Craig! And Thank you, as well!

Avatar Image says:

Bravo! Congratualatons Stuart Craig!

So VERY deserving!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Mr Craig! He is amazing, he deserved so many more Oscars, I can’t believe he has not win one for the HP movies yet.

Avatar Image says:

I love what Stuart Craig has done with the HP films. One of my favorite examples is Umbridge’s office in OOTP.

I think you really need to see the films multiple times in order to fully appreciate the wonderful work this man does. There is so much going on in the background that you just don’t see the first time around. This guy is really good!

CONGRATULATIONS Stuart Craig!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yayyyy!!! I love all thoe other movies, but i must say, Harry’s the best!!!

Avatar Image says:

Great work Mr. Craig. However, I think the competition is a little stiff this year. I don’t think you will get by Pirates or 300 this time around.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with all thee above, In my opinion so far the ministry of magic was the most breathtaking of all! it was so beautiful! Great job Mr. Craig you really deserve it!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Stuart Craig! (And on a side note, you mean Gandhi.)

Avatar Image says:

congratulations!! That’s great!! You deserve it, the Ministry was breathtaking! and everything in all the HP movies!

Avatar Image says:

i’m sorry but 300 was just crap. a bunch of guys with red table cloth wrapped around their necks and their spandax boxers yelling t’his is sparta’ and insulting my entire country. it was bad enough that they couldnt get the looks of anything or anyone on the Persian side right, now awarding that kind of crap is like thanking them for adding up to the pile of misinformation and misrepresentations that is food for people’s ignorance, especially in this part of the world where most people are under the impression that they are direct descendants of at least one of those 300 spartans.

if that movie wins anything ill seriously reconsider my decision about the IQs of people in this 'arts director's guild'. theres as much truth to anything in that movie as there is to the existence of Knargles.

i cant believe HP is being compared to that kind of garbage. thats a serious slap in the face. after all that work, look what they’re competing with!

Congrats Daniel…. I mean STUART Craig! XD

You deserve it my man, your work makes these movies magical more than anything else. :)

Avatar Image says:

Yay! If there’s one thing in the HP movies that has never disappointed me, it’s Mr. Craig’s art direction. Indeed, for me personally, it was the one redeeming thing about PoA. Congratulations to him!

Avatar Image says:

Absolutely agree with Danielle – the one thing that never let’s me down in a HP-film is the amazing art work of the sets, with every little ting right… It’s amazing! No one could have done that better, I am sure of it!

Thank you Stuart Craig, and congratulations =)

Avatar Image says:

I salute your achievement! You have brought to LIFE the wonderful world of Harry Potter. Your attention to detail is remarkable. It is part of why I have enjoyed watching the Harry Potter films.

I wish you success with your new designs for the Universal Hogwart’s – Hog’smead, and Harry Potter World.

I feel you deserve to be honored for all your hard work, and beautiful designs you have created! You have made a World Wide Audience appreciate the Craftmanship of British Design, and also perked the tourist trade up as well!

I wish you an emotionally rewarding time working on the upcoming Films of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!

Write a Reply or Comment