Movie Magic Magazine Feature on Future of Harry Potter Films

116

Jan 16, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Movie Magic Magazine, on newsstands and in bookstores now, talks of the last three Harry Potter films, “Order of the Phoenix, “Half-Blood Prince,” and “Deathly Hallows” in a multiple page spread in their January 2008 issue. Featuring scores of previously released photos from the “Order of the Phoenix” filming, the magazine contains interviews with Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling. In the interview with Dan Radcliffe, he speaks briefly of returning to the set after a filming break while Rupert, in his interview, speaks of the romantic turn taking place between his character and Hermione Granger. On that subject, he says:

“Filming a kiss scene or a love scene, that would be awkward, I think. I imagine the first time we do it, we might just burst into laughter, because of course we’re friends, and it’s just going to be strange at first. Of course, with movies, you have to film things over and over again, so eventually we’ll get it right, but the first time, if we have to kiss, it’s just going to be awkward as anything. Still, I think I’d like Ron’s kiss to be very enthusiastic. Harry’s first kiss was very nice, but I think Ron is going to be very enthusiastic about finally kissing Hermione.”

In addition to a look at the making of the fifth film, this magazine features Director David Yates and Producer David Heyman discussing beginning work on the sixth film, “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.” Photos and reports, we first brought you back in October, showing some of the first of the on-location filming of “Half-Blood Prince” in Lacock, England, were also included in this extended feature on the Harry Potter movies.

You can see a number of scans from this issue and read snippets of the articles here in our Image Galleries thanks to Magical-Menagerie.

Thanks Megan!

27 Responses to Movie Magic Magazine Feature on Future of Harry Potter Films

Avatar Image says:

I really like Movie Magic. It always devotes a large part of the mag (probably over half) to one particular film, so if that’s the movie you’re into, you get pages and pages of photos and info. It’s definitely worth getting whenever they feature a movie I like.

Avatar Image says:

Right on Rupert! I agree with Ron being very enthusiastic about his kiss w/ Hermione :) Woot. :D

Avatar Image says:

Aww I love what Rupert has to say about the kiss!

Avatar Image says:

I’m all for an enthusiastic Ron kissing Hermione.

Avatar Image says:

I think Rupert’s comment about kissing Hermione is not all that true. I think that at first Ron should be hesitant, because deep down I think Ron is scared of Hermione and what she thinks of him, but when he realises that it’s ok, he will be mare enthusiastic. THat’s just what I think.

Avatar Image says:

i love harry potter stuff.most of all i love harrys movies.i cant wait untiil he make a nother 1.

love
     bree

sounds interesting

Avatar Image says:

although… we never saw a kiss between them unitl DH in the books…. so i think that could be later on?

Avatar Image says:

Rupert is sooooo kind I love him so much, and i am extrememly excited about viewing the course of their (film) relationship. I love all of them, and I hope those movies will turn out to be spectacularly amazing.

Avatar Image says:

I got this magazine on January 5th….Leaky’s a bit late, eh? Also, this is the only “teen” magazine I read because it’s the only one with lots of Dan in it!

Avatar Image says:

Rupert is so cute! I can’t wait for the kissing scenes in the movies. All of them should be fantastic.

Hi

Avatar Image says:

I love Ruperts take on doing the kiss. I agree it has to be enthusiatic. This relationship and kiss has been building up from book one.

Avatar Image says:

As much as I hope Rupert said that quote, it really doesn’t sound like him.

Avatar Image says:

Oh ,my god-’’’Ron is going to be very enthusiastic about FINALLY kissing Hermione’‘-that’s absolutely right!!

Avatar Image says:

“I think Ron is going to be very enthusiastic about finally kissing Hermione.” Spot on, Rupert!

Avatar Image says:

Go Rupert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we want enthusiastic kiss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I am so enthusiastic to see these last two films. I do think they are getting better and better.

Avatar Image says:

And why isn’t this magazine available in Holland??!!

Avatar Image says:

“Enthusiastic”, lol. Well, you cannot say the guy doesn’t know his character :P

Avatar Image says:

I think Rupert has got it right – Ron’s kiss with Hermione does have to be a happy moment, not like Harry’s kiss with Cho in the fifth film. I really can’t wait to see it, and I hope they keep in the part where Harry has to remind them that there’s a war going on!

helloooo!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, reading this makes me excited to see Rupert and Emma kiss. Yeah, I imagine it will be very awkward at first, but that’s the kiss I’m really waiting for (as are nearly the whole HP fandom)! =_= Anyway, can’t wait for the last two films!

Avatar Image says:

I liked the feature overall being an avid Potterhead, however I was disturbed at some of the mistakes in basic facts. Like for instance they stated in the Life vs. Harry Potter section where they compared the character and real life actors, that Harry Potter’s favorite pet was “Hedge the Owl”. Hedwig is the correct answer. And Sirius Black’s favorite pet was the black dog Animagus? These are some fundamental facts that should not have been mistakes.

Avatar Image says: how can i get the magazine movie magicAvatar Image says: I'm really excited for Ron and Hermione! =D I love Movie Magic magazine. <3 I love Harry Potter!!! <3Avatar Image says: OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! it is going to be soooo sweet! <3 <3 <3

Write a Reply or Comment