382

Jan 19, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Brendan Gleeson has given two new interviews where the actor discusses his role as Mad-Eye Moody in the Harry Potter films. Currently attending the Sundance Film Festival, Brendan Gleeson told MTV that he would not be seen as the auror in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, but would return again for the film of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. You can see a short interview here, where he describes his broom seen in OotP as “the Harley Davidson of brooms,” and a longer interview here (note to parents: slight language caution for younger children) where Brendan Gleeson jokes around with actor Colin Farrell, who says it would be “genius” to be in a film series like Harry Potter, and said he would enjoy something like that. The premiere of “In Bruges” was held recently at Sundance, and you can see new photos of Brendan Gleeson (along with Colin Farrell and Sundance creator Robert Redford) here in our galleries. “In Bruges” also features Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort) and Clemence Poesy (Fleur).

34 Responses to Actor Brendan Gleeson Not in Half-Blood Prince, Will Return for Deathly Hallows Movie

Avatar Image says:

I didn’t know he wasn’t going to be in HBP, but thank God he’s in DH. It would be a travesty for them to cut out a fairly important death scene. Is he needed for HBP? I can’t think of him being doing much, but I should re-read it.

Why would he agree to do the 7th one but not the 6th? : (

Avatar Image says:

Mad Eye MIGHT be in the 6th book, but very very briefly and only at the very end during the fight and at the funeral, when the camera focus is going to be everywhere else but on the more minor characters in relation to what is going on at that present time. At that point in the series, Mad Eye has little to do with anything other than he’s an auror and he’s a friend of Dumbledore’s. That one is understandable. And thankfully he’ll be back for DH, so YAY!

^ PHEW. Ok that’s good.

Avatar Image says:

Brendan is so great. And Colin Farrell? Fenrir Greyback (?) all the way for him!

Avatar Image says:

I for one would not complain at all if Colin Ferrell was cast in Harry Potter :p Bit late though isn’t it? Don’t think there’s anyone left he could play.

Oh and yay for them including Moody in the final movie! But I don’t understand how they can sign all these people without having a script written yet? Surely they don’t know which characters will make the final cut?

Avatar Image says:

Oh, thank goodness! When I first read the headline I thought is said he would not be returning for Deathly Hallows! Glad to have him back!

Avatar Image says:

Dude…Gleeson is hilarious. Harley-Brooms for the win!!

Avatar Image says:

Colin Farrell=Epilogue era Seamus Finnegan?

I can’t really think of anyone else he could play. Yaxley? Random Death Eater?

In Bruges looks HILARIOUS by the way. I am very excited for it.

Avatar Image says:

That clip of him with Colin Ferrell is hilarious!

Avatar Image says:

Well, that’s as expected. Mad-Eye wasn’t even in HBP, was he? If he was, it was in a role so small that I don’t remember it, even after reading that book at least four times…and you’d figure he would come back for DH, or else there wouldn’t be any closure on the character at all. It is good to see all the pieces fall into place, though.

Avatar Image says:

I think Colin Farrell would make quite a good Yaxley. He’s probably too young to play Greyback seeing as he bit Lupin when he was a child.

Haha! Harley-Davidson of brooms. From what I saw in OoTP I can see where he’s coming from. Glad we’ll be able to see his final moments in DH.

Avatar Image says:

Colin Ferrell—-heck no….He will destroy the film….He is a jinx…every movie he has been in is a major flop….

Avatar Image says:

I cannot remember any specific scen in HBP with Mad-Eye. I would have been surpriced to see him in that movie. Colin Farrell…. did not miss him that much so far,,, Farrell as Bill? If the Bill character is casted anyway. neahh!!! doesn’t sound right somehow.\ there are many good actors I would like have seen in HP, till so far WB always casted another one then my choice and it always turned out fairly well.

Avatar Image says:

Whew. As long as he is in the last movie, I`m fine with it. & I don`t really remember Mad-Eye that much in the sixth book, so I’m fine with this. :)

Avatar Image says:

Now; that seems very unfair. Isn’t Colin Ferrell a American actor? Surely it was stated no American actors were allowed in the films. Eh..pretty unfair.

Avatar Image says:

yey! so they will be having 7 Potters then?

I don’t remember Mad-Eye in HBP at all, not even for the fight at the end.

Colin Ferrell is Irish.

Avatar Image says:

Canadians can’t see the clips, it’s “unavailable”

Avatar Image says:

Mad-eye.moody rocks!!! I want him at both movies….but I agree with everyone else…he’s important for DH….Ferrell…hmhmhmhmh….no!!!!! that would be to weird…he doesn’t have potter wibe

Avatar Image says:

hehe, those clips are hilarious with Brendan Gleeson, especially the last bit with Colin Farrell. I’ll be honest, i can’t see a place for Farrell, but just the fact that he wanted to join was great. :)

Avatar Image says:

Here’s an inspired casting idea (or not): Colin Farrell as Regulus Black. If they give us a two-part Hallows, they can surely afford to give us a brief flashback to young Regulus in his Death Eater days. I reckon he could be passed off as the younger brother of Gary Oldman, 20 years hence, pretty well.

Avatar Image says:

My question is, are they even going to have the battle at the end? I mean, they haven’t said anything about the casting of the DEs, even if they’re like extras, no Bill, no Mad-Eye, etc. I’m worried, that’s one of my favorite parts of the book.

But at least he’ll be in the 7th. :/

Avatar Image says:

No casting announced for Bill Weasley either, so who knows if his character is in the HBP movie. Simon Pegg as Bill works for me.

Avatar Image says:

I agree that Simon Pegg could be Bill if he is included if you have seen him he looks like he could easily be an older weasley, and that is a really cool idea whoever said that if they have a flashback of Regulus Black that Colin could play him he does look like a younger bro of Gary Oldman, I’m going to miss him as Sirius, his relationship with Dan as Harry was so believable, they both are such good friends in real life, I think thats why. I am glad that Brendan is returning as Mad-Eye, like me and many have said everyone they ever casted in these movies has fit the bill of the character they portray so nicely, and I am sure our new additions will be great as well!

Avatar Image says:

I’m not surprised about him not being in HBP because Moody isn’t in that book anyways. Atleast I sure don’t remember him. I only remember Tonks, Lupin, Dawlish, and some other aurors but no Mad-eye. I wonder where he was?

Avatar Image says:

I don’t know if Bill WEasly will be in movie 6, it would be a good way to introduce him, before movie 7. but then again harry could just first meet bill in movie 7.

Avatar Image says:

TBH I’m surprised Lupin and Tonks have made it into the HBP movie. There’s so much to cram in. Lupin will only be in a couple of scenes I imagine. The fight and funeral. It’s not surprising at all to see Moody left out along with the Dursleys and the Gaunts. You would need a longer movie to do parts like the Gaunts justice.

I wouldn’t hold out any hope for them ever casting Bill. In the movie they could bury Dobby on some random hillside and be off in 2 minutes, no Shell Cottage required. By the way, Dobby BETTER return or there will be BLOOD! er, trouble…

Alastor Moody ,the auror hi i love u avada kedavra

Avatar Image says:

I love those interviews. The two of them together are a hoot.

And I loved Gleeson as Mad Eye. I’m glad that he will be back for Deathly Hallows. I hadn’t thought of who they might get for Greyback, but I bet Ferrel would be good in that part. Hmmm, interersting thought.

Avatar Image says:

Moody was at dumbledors funeral at the end of book 6. but heck yea for his return in deathly hallows. moody’s broom is awsome.

Avatar Image says:

the only place i remember Mad-eye from HBP is at the funeral he wasnot one of the the ordermembers at Hogwarts for guard duty, they were Remus, Tonks and Bill Weasley with teachers also doing guard duty

Avatar Image says:

As long as they use a stand in for him during the funeral… or just like digitally add him in there LOL! I just REALLY hope they show a HUGE crowd of all magical people and creatures mourning Dumbledore… It would also be awesome if Olympe Maxime would be back too, to be with ‘Agriid and Grawpy. Hagrid is so sensitive, poor lad.

Avatar ImagecrazyforSeverus says: I wish he was in the half-blood prince. He's such a great actor and makes a great Moody. Can't wait for Deathly Hallows, even if he isn't in it for much.

Write a Reply or Comment