115

Jan 27, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

As a follow up to our previous post , crews from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince continue to prepare for location filming at Gloucester Cathedral in England. Thanks to TLC reader Becca, you can now see some additional photos of the work and sets being prepared for filming due in the coming days and weeks. Anyone who attends the filming, please send in your reports and photos and we will post.

UPDATE: This is Gloucestershire has another preview article online this am, noting that costume fitting is to take place this week for the 174 students who will be seen as extras in the upcoming sixth Harry Potter film. The students are looking forward to getting fitted for their Hogwarts robes, as one student notes “I’m very excited about seeing the celebrities, and I most looking forward to meeting Emma Watson (Hermione). I can’t wait to have my costume and am excited to see what house I will be put in – I hope it’s Slytherin.” Year six pupil Emily Summers said: “The two things I am looking forward to the most are watching everything going on around me, like filming and getting my costume fitted, and having my hair and make-up done. I love Harry Potter and I am really excited about being in the film because it is going to be like we are really at Hogwarts.”

Thanks much Becca!

35 Responses to Additional “Half-Blood Prince” Location Filming Photos ; Costume Fitting this Week at Gloucester Cathedral

Avatar Image says:

Hmm … it’s kind of hard to say what they’re going to be doing based on these pictures, but Gloucester Cathedral looks really nice.

Avatar Image says:

Sweet!!! I wonder which scenes are they going to film there…If they’re filming battle or Dumbledore’s death that means they done half job already? are they filming in turn or out turn???

Avatar Image says:

I don’t know why, but Harry Potter fever in my system is currently dead. Hopefully it’s rekindled when the movie opens.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Julia what scenes will be filmed here I cannot decide what scenes as they do not tie in with the characters reported to be coming

Avatar Image says:

I get the sense that those wooden boards constucted on the ground are for the cameras and crews who aren’t allowed to destroy that well maintained lawn.

Avatar Image says:

I love how…normal everything looks. Because when average people make movies, they are just as messy off camera as this huge film. How cool is that? And where are my shots of the actors filming??? lol.

Thanks Becca :)

Avatar Image says:

i think its going to be really good. ive been to Gloucester catherdral and its amazing. thanks for the pics Becca.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks, Becca! I hope your friend who is an extra in this shooting sequence is having a grand time (and you’ll need to point him/her out to us when the film is available, right???)

Avatar Image says:

Thanks a lot for the photos Becca and Leaky. They are much appreciated.

Avatar Image says:

The place looks beautiful. I’d be excited but-

I heard somewhere that the Sectumsempra scene in this movie is being cut to get the film the rating that WB want.

If so. I’m boycotting. :( I feel quite strongly about stuff like that. I’ll have to wait and see… bleh.

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad to take the pictures and let everyone else see them. It’s not everyday something like this happens nearby.

I’m hoping they’ll be doing some filming outside. If they do, I also hope they won’t lock up the cathedral but continue to let people walk through. If this happens then I might be able to take more pictures!

Avatar Image says:

Maggie Smith is there. This is the important thing.

I LOVE her.

Avatar Image says:

Those pics are awesome!! Thanks so much Becca!! God I hope that alll the inside scenes (corridors and some classes, not like the great hall annd places like that) are filmed at Gloucester! It’s so Hogwarts!!

Ian- I knoww! She is awesome, and I’m excited to hear she’s in the scenes being filmed here!

Avatar Image says:

I’m thinking they’re gonna shoot something totally out of the blue that we’re not expecting. Like a flashback that’s not even in HBP. They need to make up for what they didn’t do in Ootp.

Avatar Image says:

As I’ve said in the other article’s comments, one of them is the location of where the fat lady portrait originally was, so looks like they’re going back to where it used to be!

Avatar Image says:

I think they’ll be doing a tracking Draco scene or Moany Myrtles bathroom, if so I can’t wait!!

Exciting….thanks, Becca!

Avatar Image says:

i really luv hp book… <_>

Avatar Image says:

The Harry Potter books and movies are really ausome!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

WHAT? Emma Watson’s gunna be there? Oh i am so jealous. Of course I was jealous before that with the likes of Helena, Robbie, Julie and Dan. In case anyone was wondering the last picture that was added is of the costume marquee. It’s massive! But it’s all closed off and guarded, which is a shame because I would have loved to go in with my friend. =[ I’ve actually said I will pay her to get some autographs, although my birthday is coming up so I’m hoping no money will be involved. _ If she’s allowed that is. I’m not sure if anyone knows but the extras are going to be used in “an opening scene at Hogwarts” whatever that means. So it could be right after the feast, or my friends theory was that it was going to be Apparition lessons.

Avatar Image says:

It doesn’t really matter WHO’S there, does it? I see 174 really lucky kids! 174 kids who will have the experience of a lifetime! Yep, they are being really respectful of the Grounds at the Cathedral, also!....as it should be!

OH YAH! Thanks, Becca, for the great photos, and Happy Birthday! :D

Avatar Image says:

happy birthday becca! You must be glad to have this friend!!!

I hope you’ll tell us what scenes they will film! I cannot wait to hear stuff like that…!

Avatar Image says:

i cant wait helena bonham carter,daniel radcliffe,maggie smith’s pictures

Avatar Image says:

I am not sure about Bellatrix being in these scenes. She isn’t there in the books, and the only scene she could really be added to would be the death eater scenes in Hogwarts at the end, but having Bella present unbalances it, for example I could see her torturing Dumbledore, or even killing Dumbledore before Snape got there, because sitting around and waiting for Draco to act isn’t in her character. The most senior death eater on the tower before Snape arrives needs to be a restraining influence, and Bella isn’t.

Avatar Image says:

HEY dont talk about me like that! just kiddin! your quite right Bella needs a straight jacket herself- got a little too punch drunk from the dementors those long 14 years! Especially the way Helena portrays her, she does it so well and so crazy, she also remains to have that scary beauty about her- love the costume helena designed for her fits her perfectly.

Avatar Image says:

I doooon’t care if she’ll stay there not speaking or not…I want more screentime for Helena and Bellatriiiiix…hahahaha!

I think she will be, let’s say, the Carrows and Fenrir of the book all into her. She will be the paranoid, sarcastic, ready to kill Death Eater next to Draco and she may shout “Do it Draco or let ME do it” something like that. At the same time, she will be laughing at Dumbledore all the time. I’d love it…”What about a little Crucio before you die?” haha…that would be cool. And I think that wil lbe her role on the Astronomy Tower. Also, except for Draco and Bellatrix…I think…that Narcissa and Wormtail will be up there too along with three-four masked Death Eaters…from what we’ve seen, the Carrows and Fenrir are probably cut (i want them…especially Fenrir) so why not? Wormtail will have this stupid, scared look on his face and Narcissa will be cold and at the same time panicked if her son will be able to do it. And I think she will try to push him to do it…

About the battle in the corridors and at the grounds…I think it will be mooore breathtaking than in the book. I hope so…it won’t be just running-throwing spells-running-throwling spells-running-fighting with Snape-the end. It will be more climactic…I guess Mc Gonagall,Ron,Hermione,Luna,Ginny,Neville,Lupin,Tonks,Molly,Arthur,Flitwick and maybe even Slughorn will fight in th ecorridors and the towers…and it will be cool to see wide shots of the towers with lots of lights and spells etc…and I alsoo think that they may expand battle scenes at the grounds around Hagrid’s cabin and the wooden bridge etc…it will be good if done like that. Just HOPE not to cut ANY duel with Bellatrix…lol. And the final bit of the battle with DEs fighting Hagrid and burning his hut and Snape battling Harry…I hope it will be like that!

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for the pictures, Becca! They are exciting :) Happy Birthday to you as well!

Avatar Image says:

right on, john. i agree 110% what you’re describing would kick.

Avatar Image says:

EAREAR’ to that as well John, Snape and Bella need as much time as they can get , epecially Bella- Helena does her so well she needs a chance to shine, Im almost certain Alan will have his chance with Snape this time- we all know why. Harry Potter and Snape= book 6

Avatar Image says:

I love harry potter! I am a TOTAL FANATIC! the books rule!

Avatar Image says:

Parvati, no-one from the movie has said that, so if someone has told you, that person is inventing it, because no-one really knows.

I have a question for you all: they used this location to film many scenes from the first 2 movies, do you know why did they stop using it? I feel very curious they stopped using it and now they decided they want to film there again…

I hope they don’t change many things…. I like Helena too, but she was not there in the book, and it would totally change the scene if she is there in the movie. Harry would want to go an fight her becaus eof what she did to Sirius. So it doesn’t make sense id she is there. In this one Harry is focused on Snape.

Avatar Image says:

1have got all the books and dvd’s read them over and over i am now bown loading all harry potter books on to cd, as for jk rowling the best to invent such entertaing books and for the deathly hallows my word what insparaion. now i can’t wait to see the half blood prince ….....

mrs jk rowling god bless

J.K. Row. Girl dont stop to writing!Write a books for Hogworts subjects.See ya