“Deathly Hallows” Director Update: Heyman says Del Toro Not Really in the Running

118

Jan 28, 2008

Uncategorized

There is news today regarding a possible director for the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows film. As we have been reporting, director Guillermo Del Toro has repeatedly expressed an interest in directing the final Harry Potter film, however today Potter producer David Heyman says this will not be the case. Empire magazine reports that they recently spoke with Mr. Heyman who “that Del Toro was sadly not really in the running because “he’s rather busy.” The Hollywood Reporter has an article today stating that Mr. Del Toro is in talks to helm the widely anticipated The Hobbit films (with Peter Jackson producing), and this would not permit enough time for Guillermo Del Toro to take on the Harry Potter film as well. As announced previously, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is due in movie theaters sometime in 2010.

Thanks roger!

Posted by: SueTLC





171 Responses to “Deathly Hallows” Director Update: Heyman says Del Toro Not Really in the Running

Write a Reply or Comment

Finding Hogwarts

The Leaky Cauldron is not associated with J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., or any of the individuals or companies associated with producing and publishing Harry Potter books and films.