New Audio, Video Interviews with J.K. Rowling at South Bank Show Awards

Jan 30, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Yesterday we told you that Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling had been honored at the South Bank Show Awards. We now have three videos containing new interviews with Jo, as well as footage from the award ceremony which will be broadcast on UK channel ITV February 3.

Scottish TV let us know about their news report where you can see Jo receiving her award, as well as hear some lovely comments from Lord Attenborough, and a new interview with JKR after the ceremony. To watch click here. Additional reports are available from Sky News and The Telegraph.

Also, Jo took part in a new interview with BBC Radio Five Live program host Simon Mayo, and you can now hear this radio interview via this link, where Jo jokes at her relief at not having to write any more Quidditch scenes.

Thanks to STV, Neil, UHP and all who owled with links!

16 Responses to New Audio, Video Interviews with J.K. Rowling at South Bank Show Awards

Avatar Image says:

The video link isn’t working for me…

Avatar Image says:

Remove the %22 from the end (this is a space), and it should work fine!

Avatar Image says:

Any new post-DH information in those interviews?

Thanks, Jonathan!

Avatar Image says:

Such lovely comments from Lord Attenborough, Jo looks very touched ( I love what she says in the interview, that sometimes it just hits you ” wow, look where I am ” ). She deserves it all.

Avatar Image says:

Lord Attenborough would be great as Xenophilius Lovegood!!

Congrats to Jo! Her acceptance speech was very nice. It’s amazing to me how humble she remains. One would think she’d be used to the attention by now. She still seems kind of suprised by it all.

Avatar Image says:

Aside from the award itself, I have to congratulate JKR on her clothes. She is consistently well dressed. Coat and dress she was wearing? STUNNING. So few people with lots of money dress themselves well with it, but JKR always does.

Avatar Image says:

Her voice sounded like she was on the brink of tears! She must really treasure this award very highly indeed. As for Lord Attenborough, I have always had so much admiration for the great man. Wonderful that he has presented the award to our Jo.

Avatar Image says:

There’s an extra treat in the Simon Mayo audio clip because Jo’s gracious comments at the awards are followed by Mayo’s scheduled interview with Peter Sallis, a.k.a. Gromit’s pet Englishman, Wallis.

God I love this woman!

Avatar Image says:

Just listened to the radio interview, duh, now I understand her broken up voice! Wow, it really has just sunk in for :)

Avatar Image says:

She made me want to cry!!! Its all over, and look were ALL of us are. We are som enthralled by this book!! Personally, its changed my life!! I mean, never , have i ever, been an obsessive fan before, except for my dear Harry and of course Jo!!

You totally deserve it Jo!! and dot question it for a second!! You did it all !!

• SO enthralled

(sorry, no spell check!!)

Avatar Image says:

I always love hearing from her. I know it sounds selfish but I really wish she did more interviews and such. What an amazing lady.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations, Jo. Your work was an Outstanding Achievement indeed and I am delighted that it was recognised officially in this way. You achieved more than you could possibly ever realise because of the friendships that have been made between devotees of the magical world of Harry Potter.

Avatar Image says:

i think (well no one really cares what i think) that J.K. Rowling is a very sencative person. she is so emotional.

Write a Reply or Comment