Presenting the Leaky Login

124

Feb 08, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

We’re happy to introduce to you today a brand-new feature from Leaky – the Leaky Login. This is the one, all-purpose login you need around Leaky and our forums – one login gives you access to post on our forum, Leaky Lounge, in our image, video and fan art galleries, and will include many more features in the future, including our main page news comments and other areas to come.

You can log in, now, at the side of any of our pages. By registering for a Leaky Login account you join more than 75,000 fans in an ever-expanding community. It’s your one-stop access point to all our different areas, to make commenting and interacting easier than it’s ever been.

Remember, if you have a login for any of our galleries or our forum, you already have a Leaky Login, so just enjoy!

All the credit on this one goes to our Super Alex and Nick Poulden. Thank you so much, guys!

37 Responses to Presenting the Leaky Login

Avatar Image says:

It won’t let me do it. i tried it 3 times, and it kept going back to the same page.

I can’t register either. How very strange indeed. Must be Nargles

Avatar Image says:

It works perfectly for me. Great idea and great work, guys!

Avatar Image says:

You are not the only one, I’m having the same problem. :(

Avatar Image says:

Me too! what’s going on?? I tried it with 2 different e-mail addresses.

Avatar Image says:

dude its not working! ga!

Avatar Image says:

That’s weird, because it works for me. We’re on it; Alex is out but will be back later.

Avatar Image says:

It worked for me!! Thanks a lot, it’ll make my life easier!

Avatar Image says:

Doesn’t work yet. I get this error:

“You must be at least 13 years of age or older to register for Leaky Login and you have to type the number six thousand nine-hundred fifty-seven into the box at the bottom.”

...but I checked that I’m over 13 and have read the agreement, and I entered 6957 too.

Avatar Image says:

I got the you must be 13 years or older and type the 6957 thing too and I tried it 2 times.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah I had the same problems with registration. And then I reread the part of the post that said that if you are a member of the lounge, you already have a login!!

Login worked perfectly fine, after I stopped trying to register. :)

Also, I’m very excited about this feature… I can just see the potential in the future. Thanks, Leaky!

worked for me.

Maybe you guys have wakspurks (sp?) in your hard drive somewhere that are temporarilly causing it to space out?

Avatar Image says:

I left, waited then came back and now it is working! Great idea, if a little frustrating at first, definitely worth the effort!

Avatar Image says:

I check the box and i put the number :s

Avatar Image says:

I tried register several times, the message “You must be at least 13 years..” keeps pupping up.. I’ll try again later on

Avatar Image says:

Works fine for me except i cant log out. I click logout and it just reloads the page and im still logged in.

Also im just wondering will the universal login enable anything on the news site(the on im were on right now). Will it be intergrated into commenting on a news article? Because theres no point typing in your name and email if your logged on already.

Avatar Image says:

Does this mean we don’t need to put out name in the comments box or our e-mail? you guys should, if u can, make it do this so we can comment w/o having to type in all this info every time we wanna post a comment. Pretty pretty please?

Avatar Image says:

Just thought of something… does this registration page require scripts to be enabled in the web browser, for it to function properly?

Another thing: have you compatibility tested with all major web browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)?

I use Firefox and never allows script unless it’s really needed, which case I must manually enable the scripts per site basis.

Avatar Image says:

wow!! great new feature and I can now participate even here in the main site!!

Avatar Image says:

just wanted to say mine’s working, although i didnt need to register since i had an existing account at the forums.

Avatar Image says:

Just adding my name to those who cannot complete the log-in process. Last time I checked, I was over 13 and could transliterate numbers …

Avatar Image says:

I logged in without any problems apart from my username didn’t appear when i typed it. It was like my user name was a spoiler !!! When I highlighted it the name did appear then. Cheers guys.

Avatar Image says:

I got in I got in I got in!!! dances At first it wouldn’t let me, but I went to the Lounge and changed my password. Then it worked with the new one! :) So you guys who have problems with already existing accounts might try that. At least it worked for me.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t login using my account and I can’t registrate a new one :(

It works for me…

Avatar Image says:

just a test comment, logged in…

Avatar Image says:

Just to say I registred 5 minutes ago via the Leaky Lounge. That was working well, the link above wouldn’t work. Now I could login without a problem.

Avatar Image says:

!!!!! It’s telling me my username and/or password is incorrect at the third try….I can log on at the Leaky Lounge…great idea, it just seems to not be working properly for some of us….

Avatar Image says:

is there an area restriction for the login? like, does it only work if you’re in the states?

Avatar Image says:

FYI, I seem to have the same problem as Helios Lightra. I have an account on the Leaky Lounge, and I can log in there with my name and password—but when I try to use the same name and password at the Leaky Login, I get a “username and/or password is incorrect” error.

Looking forward to seeing… er… whatever this is!

Avatar Image says:

won’t let me register, either. I’ve never had an account. The error it gives me is that I need to be 13+ and type the number in correctly. I have done both of these, so I am quite sad that I’m still barred from using the site.

Avatar Image says:

it’s not working for me either! i’ve tried it atleast 5 times today and yesterday, i’ve tried 2 different email addresses, i’ve made sure to check the box that i’m 13 and’ve read the terms of use, and typed in 6957. and i don’t have a username for the leakylounge or anything. every time it comes back saying-”You must be at least 13 years of age or older to register for Leaky Login and you have to type the number six thousand nine-hundred fifty-seven into the box at the bottom.” Help!

Avatar Image says: ha28az5nom9drhus Avatar Image says: Вот это да... Это финиш... Наверное пора бы расслабиться и отдохнуть :) Avatar Image says: Увлекательно написано! Надобыотметить на ХабрХабр. :) Avatar Image says: I checked the 13 years of age thing AND typed the number, but when I go to login it won't let me. It says the username or password is incorrect, but that can't be right because i wrote them down. I've tried several times to log in and it's very frustrating. I do not have a login for the lounge either.Avatar Imagelexanena says: Hey! yeah it was really weird just now!! D: so, my friend's Myleaky was logged in but when i tried to log out of hers to log into mine, it just reloaded the page(?!?!) it's kind of the same problem as Crom... but just now when i was gonna comment, it said i needed to be logged in to comment so i *guess* it must have logged ou t at ONE point(?) hmmm...

Write a Reply or Comment