Jason Isaacs Comments on His Hope to Return for “Deathly Hallows” Film

322

Feb 14, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Actor Jason Isaacs has spoken once again of his hope to return as the character of Lucius Malfoy in the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” film. While there is no new information, this interview with Rotten Tomatoes does feature the actor discussing this subject and more in comments made at the BAFTA awards earlier in the week. Quotage:

“I hope I’m coming back for seven,” Isaacs told [Rotten Tomatoes], “Dan’s going to Broadway to do his play for a long time, so I don’t know when or if I’m going to come back. But I’ll be even more bitter if I don’t get to return for seven!”

Readers will remember Mr. Isaacs has spoken of his wish to return in previous interviews over the past number of months. The seventh Harry Potter film is set to begin production early next year.

55 Responses to Jason Isaacs Comments on His Hope to Return for “Deathly Hallows” Film

hahah first?

That’s awesome…;

Avatar Image says:

Who else could be Lucius Malfoy? Come on world let’s get real here.

Avatar Image says:

How can there only be two comments here? LOL.

Jase, we hope you come back for seven, too! We love you. xo

Avatar Image says:

I normally laugh at people who plan to boycott the films because of characters/scenes being cut, but umm… if they cut Lucius (or Bellatrix, for that matter) I highly doubt I would even want to see Movie 7. And I’m sure I’m not alone on this.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, surely they wouldn’t cut dear Lucius. They wouldn’t dare, not with me and my legion of fangirls at their throats! That really would suck. ;)

Avatar Image says:

Honestly, no one else can play Lucius. He’s perfect in the role, and he’ll be amazing acting as the scared!Lucius in DH. Love him. They’ll definitely need him back.

Avatar Image says:

I am positive he will most definetly be back with Helen and Tom right by his side, Lucky Helen she gets to hold his hand according to the first chapter, what us fangirls wouldnt give! I think that if he or Alan doesnt come back there will be a furocious mob of fangirls protesting.

Avatar Image says:

Squeeeeeee! He has to be in it! It’s important in the book. The Malfoy’s journey is as important as anybody elses! Plus we love Jason. Squeeeeee!

Avatar Image says:

I just like to say squeeee. And.. the casting of Lucius and Snape are spot on! I wouldn’t kick either one out of bed for eating crackers.

Avatar Image says:

They won’t cut him from seven…nor would they recast him. Granted, he may not get as large a part as he has in the past in seven, but he’ll get screen time. We’ll see him at Malfoy manor at least when the trio is there. And I’m sure he’ll be in the Battle of Hogwarts (because, c’mon, they’re going to have EVERYBODY that isn’t dead make an appearance there).

Avatar Image says:

Bahaha Jason is still the coolest xD. We Lucius fans are so lucky ;D.

Avatar Image says:

I absolutely agree with you there beth!!

Avatar Image says:

He’ll be back for sure…they just won’t cut a deal until they’ve wrapped HBP. Don’t worry – all will be well. :)

Avatar Image says:

안녕하세요~ 저는 한국의 서울에 살고있는 해리포터 팬입니다. 한국에서 해리포터 영화 개봉할 때마다 항상 봐왔는데요~ 올 해에 6번째인 ‘해리포터와 혼혈왕자’ê°€ 개봉한다고 í•´ì„œ 기대하고 있습니다. 다니엘 래드클리프, 엠마왓슨, 루퍼트 그린트.. 그리고 ê·¸ 외에 모든 출연진들 항상 건강하시고 열심히 촬영하세요~ I love HARRYPOTTER !! ♥

Avatar Image says:

Hee.. It’s so nice to hear about an actor who loves to be in these films! I can’t wait to see Jason don the blond wig one last time!

Awww….he cares! :P

I hope he’s coming back for seven too!

Avatar Image says:

I think it would be a hoot to see EVERYONE from the past films (Sean Biggerstaff, et al, the rest of the names evade me right now) in the final film. If only we could bring Richard Harris back … I had always hoped to see his mild-mannered Dumbledore go wand-to-wand with Voldemort!

Avatar Image says:

They can’t cut Lucius Malfoy’s character from book 7, no way no how. And Jason Isaacs is PERFECT for the role…so, don’t worry Mr. Isaacs, you’ll be back, for sure!!

Avatar Image says:

He has to be in the seventh movie but I hope that don’t cut any of his scenes, especially if the movie is split into two parts like it has been rumored that it might be. My one wish for the seventh movie is that they don’t cut many scenes in it. When they cut scenes in other movies I was not happy but I think that if they cut scenes for the last movie, I will be really, really pissed off.

One thing that I just love about Jason is that he seems to really enjoy being the HP movies unlike the rest of the adult cast.

Avatar Image says:

First, if they cut Lucius out, alot of people will boycot the film and just buy an illegal copy of the dvd..

Second, i highly doubt he will be cut, why the heck would they cut him just for the last film.. that’s stupid..

Third, squeeeeeeeeee! Jason <3

Fourth, i like Ginevra’s idea! But how will they do that? I mean, Katie Bell has been replaced, Pansy has been replaced (twice)... etc. It would be nice to see the whole Weasley family in DH for a change.. and Pleghm perhaps.. And ofcourse Gary Oldman (as a spirit, when Harry.. you know) and don’t forget, they should put Nearly Headless Nick and Moaning Mirtle in it too.. at the end battle.. that the ghosts are fighting as well… and kreacher.. (right i’ll stop)

Fifth and Last, Squeeee… JASON!

Avatar Image says:

They won’t cut him out, his character is to essential for the plot.

Avatar Image says:

The problem with Mr Isaacs is that he is far too good-looking …. he makes me fancy the old coward Lucius Malfoy….

No, but jokes aside, he is a fantastic actor and I hope he’ll return. Maybe we’ll stand a chance of seeing him as Malfoy if they decide on two parts for DH. I really hope they’ll do that.

Avatar Image says:

Mr Isaacs is brilliantly cast as Lucius and consequently he does have quite a large fan base so I seriously doubt they’l recast him. But whether or not they’l keep all his scenes in the book in, I dont know. But if they split the film into 2 they probably will as they will then have more screen time to fill. His enthusiasm for playing Lucius is great and so refreshing from hearing the other adult actors moaning, Mr Fiennes (not sure about spelling!) for example.

Avatar Image says:

i would die if they cut him, it would be the end end of the world, i would seriously hold like a protest or something, lucius is my favourite character, well at least we will definatley see narcissa which is brilliant and i cant wait. Lucius Malfoy and Jason Isaacs are hotties i love them pleaseee be in the last film arrrrrrr

Avatar Image says:

I luff teh Malfoys plotline!!!

they must be in movie 7!!!

Avatar Image says:

He was on Richard & Judy last week, and he was talking about last time he saw Jo, right before DH came out. And he was begging her to break him out of Azkaban, and she looked round to check no one was listening, and said in a whisper “He’s out, first chapter” and did this zip the lips action hehehe. Also was talking about him and Gary filming with the 2nd unit, while the main one was filming Dumbledore and Voldy’s scene. And he and Gary were asking the 2nd unit director if they can do this and that. It was rather funny hearing it :p

Avatar Image says:

Hi ginerva! [ and everyone else!] Let’s not get TOO “off topic” here. I am pretty sure, given some of the “hints” about #7 being two movies, there is a pretty good argument for “not cutting any scenes”.That would, of course, include MrI Isaacs! Jason Isaacs is PERFECT for the role, and it IS pretty pivotal to the storyline. I think we’ll see “everyone” back, for #7 , and what “reunion” would be complete without Lucius Malfoy!?

Avatar Image says:

Ah, they wouldn’t dare cut Lucius…the Malfoy plotline is far too crucial, and he’s a pretty big part of that. He’s also a character that they’ve used a lot so far, so they wouldn’t just leave his story dangling with no closure…

All of which is good, because Jason Isaacs is one of a few instances where I think the films actually improved and enhanced what was in the book. Before seeing CoS, I always pegged Lucius as having a severe, business-like feel to him; seeing Isaacs in the role, with his sneering voice and flamboyant look, made him really come alive as a much more colourful and enjoyably hissable character. Full marks to the filmmakers for that, and of course, full marks to Jason. :)

Avatar Image says:

“One thing that I just love about Jason is that he seems to really enjoy being the HP movies unlike the rest of the adult cast”

Definitely! He always speaks of having a great time, but you don’t ever hear that from anybody else. Except maybe Gary Oldman, anyway. sniff Sirius. :(

I hope they have him back – his voice and wig are great!

Avatar Image says:

I love Jason’s sense of humour. He’s so funny the way he begged JK to let him out of prison because he couldn’t bear to miss another HP film. They won’t cut him out of 7.

Avatar Image says:

and I’m really looking forward to seeing this biopic of Harry Corbett (who I have always kind of fancied). Jason looks like him so it’ll be great. I hope Leaky let us know when it’s released, otherwise I’m bound to miss it.

Avatar Image says:

I love the way Jason Isaacs plays the character of Lucius Malfoy….I know Lucius Malfoy’s character doesn’t play a vital role in the final book..but i think it’s best for the final installment to have all of its character to return for the final movie…..That will give justice to the phenomenal ending of the BOOK that lets muggles believe in magic!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I LOVE him as Lucious—he is totally perfect. [I don’t say that about all the adult actors] And I think it would be more likely -if they make two films—that he WILL get to be in it as they will be able to put more of the book in-hence more Malfoy—who would then not be cut because of only a twoplus hour film. I think the fall of the Malfoy family is important to the last book and film.

Avatar Image says:

I’m sure he’ll be back. why wouldn’t he be? he wants to be in it and Lucius plays a prominet role in the movie. they can’t leave him out!

he is seriously the only one who could portray Lucius perfectly.

Avatar Image says:

Seeing the broken-down Lucius Malfoy in Deathly Hallows is an absolute must.

Avatar Image says:

Do you think that Helen and Tom will be back with him- just curious? I think there is no reason why they wont most likely be back along with him. It will be so cool we get to see all the Malfoys together on screen in their house. I love how the casting director casts these people they just seem to fit the character they play so well-all of them. They make them jump out of the book- if you know what I mean.

Avatar Image says:

seriously speaking, i cant see how they would even consider cutting any of the Lucius Malfoy parts, he’s been featured heavily in previous films so much so that the non-book reading audience are very familiar with him, it would be a waste just to abandon the character for the7th film in lieu of his wife. if the filmmakers are finding it tough distributing enough screen time between characters then i’d rather have Lucius Malfoy do all his and Narcissa’s parts (yes including the pivotal Dark Forest scene)

Avatar Image says:

He’s going to be in DH, don’t worry. Besides I want Malfoys scene because I want to see Ron screaming: HERMIONE

Jason, you´re the perfect Lucius. We love you! ♥

I love me some Lucius!

But, they’ll definitely bring him back, since they’ll need to provide a “come uppance” for a character that has antagonized Harry on and off since “Chamber of Secrets.”

Avatar Image says:

We have to have Jason Issacs back. No one can do Lucious Lucius like him. I want to see him defeated, running madly around Hogwarts looking for Draco. And even though he is a hottie, I would still love to puch him in the Dept of Mysteries when he says to Harry “I know” with that fake compassion.

Avatar Image says:

I want to see both Him and Helen running around for Draco-true parents is what they are.-maybe alittle over the top

Avatar Image says:

Ooooh, we MUST have Jason in DH!!! He is wonderful (and he enjoys doing these films soooo much…) Lucius has to be there!!!

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think Jason Isaacs has to worry himself about not reprising his role in the final film. I am certain Warner Brothers studios executives, alongside the film’s producers, are very much aware of the barrage of criticism and disparaging comments they’d receive from many a Lucius fangirl. ;)

Avatar Image says:

Of course he’ll be back, he’s iconic to the films. The producers know that. While Radcliffe may draw the younger crowd, Isaac’s is important in drawing the older crowd. WB would never sacrifice that.

Avatar Image says:

They gotta bring him back! It’s going to be so much fun to see voldy torturing Lucious! Hehehe

Avatar Image says:

It would be really sad if they cut Lucious from the 7th movie, of course they can, and nobody could play Lucious better than Issac. No worries Issac we’ll all raise hell if they do cut you!

Avatar Image says:

I think I haven’t seen an actor more eager to continue to play a role in Harry Potter then Jason Isaacs. who else went don’t on his knees for JKR with: “Please, please let me out of Azkaban?” and how much I like him as the mean and arrogant Lucius, the Lucius in DH will be far away from that. It hard to imagine Lucius without the flamboyancy Jason put into that character – the original ideas at Warner was more along the Fudge line – so I am very curious how much Lucius there will be left when Jason had to put away that same flanboyancy and perform a pathetic Lucius.

Avatar Image says:

no way they could cut Lucius from DH ( how else could voldy get his wand?) and cut bella? sxcorpius malfoy would have a better chanceof going into Griffindor house then that!

Avatar Image says:

no way they could cut Lucius from DH ( how else could voldy get his wand?) and cut bella? scorpius malfoy would have a better chanceof going into Griffindor house then that!

Avatar Image says:

I loved all the scenes in DH with Lucius. And who could do better than Jason? I’m watching the movies just to see him:) Would love to see the scene when he has to give his wand to Voldemort or the whole Malfoy Manor chapter. Could be done so excellently…

Avatar Image says:

We have to have him back it just can’t happen its all wrong Lucius has to give his wand to Voldy and the Malfoy Manor is not going to look right with out him plus we all girls need some eye candy…... How would Narcissa and Lucius look as Grandparents to Draco Son Scorpius that just a funny thought…........................

Avatar Image says:

its all wrong Lucius has to give his wand to Voldy

I wonder if my heart is strong enough when seeing Snakey explode on the whitescreen, reading it was almost as traumatic as reading about Hedwig.

Avatar Image says:

If it wasn’t for the Malfoys Harry would be dead before he could destroy Voldemort. So no cutting any Malfoys. And Jason Isaacs is one of the best actors there, he kicked ass in OotP.

Avatar Image says:

I love Jason Isaacs, he IS Lucius. Lucius is one of my favorite characters, if they cut him out of 7 I will be so pissed, they always cut out the best stuff.

Write a Reply or Comment