Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger Named Among EW’s Favorite Fictional Lovers

104

Feb 14, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Entertainment Weekly has released a list of Pop Culture’s Best Couples, a ranking of 26 of our favorite true (fictional) lovers. The fictional pairing of characters Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series are included on the list. Along side such iconic fictional couples as Superman and Lois Lane, from the Superman comics; Ricky and Lucy Ricardo, from the classic TV show ‘I Love Lucy;’ and Ross and Rachel, from the TV sitcom ‘Friends;’ Ron and Hermione come in at number 8 with the following description:

RON WEASLEY AND HERMIONE GRANGER

The Harry Potter cycle

Jealousy, betrayal…love potions: That’s teen wizard romance for ya. Harry Potter’s best friends didn’t officially become a couple until Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows but their love/hate relationship turned soap opera in Goblet of Fire. At times they’ve been controversial (Ron/Hermione fans still have scars from their online wars with the Harry/Hermione faithful), but that’s as risqué as this teen duo gets.

Congratulations to our favorite Won-Won and Hermione on this day of love. :)

Thanks to Maponto for mailing.

171 Responses to Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger Named Among EW’s Favorite Fictional Lovers

Avatar Image says:

I think that Harry and Ginny should be included. :-) Along with Molly & Arthur :-)

Avatar Image says:

Awww!!! Yay! R/H are definitely my OTP—I’ve only been shipping them since I was 11 >.<

This kinda made Valentine’s Day worth it.

first?

i love this news

Avatar Image says:

from that list, aragorn and arwen are way cooler. :)

Avatar Image says:

Happy Valentines Day everyone! Great to see that my favorite HP couple made it on the list! Ahhh! I can’t wait for DH!

Avatar Image says:

hay! what about harry and ginny? o well r/h are a pretty good cuple arnt they? HAPPY VALINTINES DAY POTTER FANS

Avatar Image says:

Hey….what about Lyra and Will?

Avatar Image says:

Ron and Hermione as a couple << An epic WIN!

Avatar Image says:

Awwwwwwww….they are the best, my favourite couple from HP!! HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY ALL POTTER FANS!!

Avatar Image says:

Love it. So true haha lol

Avatar Image says:

I’m grinning like a loon here. This makes the ship debater in me very, very happy (even though I’m primarily a Harry/Ginny shipper). Go R/Hr! :D

Avatar Image says:

I agree pigwidgeon, but that only makes me gladder and prouder that Ron and Hermione were included on such a prestigious list. R/Hr forever! :D

Avatar Image says:

Awwww, that made my day. That’s a lovely news for a passionat Ron/Hermione shipper like me. But I agree with Cat. Harry and Ginny at least should have been added. But of course Ron/Hermione was the main romance of the series. :)

Avatar Image says:

Still I’m glad Ron and Hermione are on there. Hopefully 25 years from now, they’ll still be there.

mh.

Lyra and Will. I agree.

I love R/Hr 4eva! Yayz.

One of my fav pairings in the list. ^^

I doubt that they would have put my other fav up there tho…

Because it is Drarry. lol.

Avatar Image says:

Oh how cute – they made me so happy when they just flew into each others arms and kissed – if there is a list for extreme crushes I say Bellatrix’s crush on Voldemort tops all. Happy Valentines Day! I bought myself Bertie Botts every flavor Beans. they are very interesting just as described.

Avatar Image says:

You’ve got to be kidding me.

Avatar Image says:

but my favorite couples still tonks and lupin.i dont like hermione&ron

generally my fvavorites: 1.scarlett&rhett 2.oliver&jennifer (love story) 3.edward&vivian (pretty women) 4.sam&molly (ghost) 5.patrick&kat (10 Things I Hate About You)

Avatar Image says:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. This is the cutest thing ever ! This totally lifted my spirit! ;) and it made me a little sad. Haha. :) But that’s so cute. (the description) LONG LIVE R/Hr ! <3

Avatar Image says:

Yay! How cute! Those two were meant to be!

Avatar Image says:

Where’s John and Moochka on the list?

Avatar Image says:

Happy Valentine’s day everyone=) i think it’s great their one of them:D still i think another couple should be their to, but im not going to say their names,,,,but it’s from the Potter series;)

From Accio Quote and our own JKR:

First two reports from New York Bloomberg.com and The Leaky Cauldron have the first two reports on Rowling’s visit to New York this morning (there is another one tonight). It looks like there were some very good questions. MTV also have a report. Some highlights

Harry and Ginny are real soul mates. They’re both very strong and very passionate. That’s their connection, and they’re remarkable together.

Ron and Hermione, however, are drawn to each other because they balance each other out. Hermione’s got the sensitivity and maturity that’s been left out of Ron, and Ron loosens up Hermione a bit, gets her to have some fun. They love each other and they bicker a bit, but they enjoy bickering, so we shouldn’t worry about it.

Avatar Image says:

mickey mouse,cosby.hımm very seriously list:) really where are Dirty Dancing ,When Harry Met Sally,Breakfast at Tiffany’s,Sense And Sensibility stars.

definitely alan rickman’ play character very romantic than rupert grint’.come on this list colud not serious.

aww, that’s sweet.

Personally I was all for Harry and Luna getting together…

Avatar Image says:

and Lil ‘n’ Sev, though not permanently of course, otherwise we wouldn’t have Harry Potter!

SQUEEEEEEEE!!! My favorite couple, EVAR. They are so adorable. <3

Avatar Image says:

yay! glad to see that R/Hr made it in…. ive been shipping them since book 1!!! they so deserve it! happy valentines everyone!

Avatar Image says:

Harry and Ginny Ron and Hermoine Molly and Arthur James and Lilly Tonks and Remus

Yeah, I’m happy :-)

=) ommmg thats AWESOME

Avatar Image says:

it does my heart well to rub this in hp/hg shippers!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Ron and Hermione really are a true love that will be remembered among these classics!

Avatar Image says:

This should be a fun comments thread… waves Ron/Hermione flag

Avatar Image says:

Just wait until Twilight the movie comes out. I love Bella and Edward!

haha Lyra and Will, that’s a good one. My vote’s for Harry & Ginny. :D

Avatar Image says:

Go Ron and Hermione!! My primary ship is Harry/Ginny, but Ron and Hermione are my close second, with Tonks/Remus in a very close third. Happy Valentines day Ron/Hermione, and all fans of this ship!!

Avatar Image says:

YAY!!! I completly agree. Ron and Hermione-the best media couple ever!!! They have so cute,funny and tense relationtip through books and Emma and Rupert are doing it so well on the films!* Is it just me or we can’t wait to see Rupert and Emmas kiss in DH??? I’m so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I love it! Squee!!! I love that Ron and Hermione are the ones to represent HP here. Harry was the fantasy hero; Ron was the romantic hero. :-)

Avatar Image says:

Speaking of the ships from the Potterverse, this is the best choice, as Ron/Hermione is definitely the ship that was pretty obvious starting from Book 1 (oh yeah, there’s a fine line between love and hate). We’ve been following their relationship closely throughout the books, and I think it is fair to say that they are the central ship of the series. And, to my mind, Harry/Ginny are not the central ship (despite the fact that the main character is part of it), because Ms. Rowling didn’t seem to focus Harry’s love life as much as on Ron and Hermione’s :))) At least, this is the feeling I’ve got from the books =)))

Anyway, my favourite ship is Lucius/Narcissa, but it is obvious that they won’t ever be mentioned in such lists. So I’m glad that Ron/Hermione are there. They are really adorable together, and they deserve this :)))

Avatar Image says:

I’m pleased that they included this couple on the list. The trivial bickering between them and their tender affection for each other truly make them deserving of this recognition!

Tonks & Lupin!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve always loved R/HR, and fanfic really got me into H/G. So, I’ve technically always been an OBHWF believer! :) Yay!!

Avatar Image says:

Am I the only one who HATES Ron/Hermione??

Avatar Image says:

Martha, you’re not alone.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Cat, I think Harry and Ginny should be included!! But I understand they’re not… Let’s face it, the H/G relationship did not have such an impact as the R/H one. Ron and Hermione’s relationship always looked like a cut and thrust, you never knew if the next thing was going to be a cut or a thrust!! XD So we were all waiting expectantly and very excited. I think we got much more involved in the R/H relationship than in the H/G one!! XD

R/H forever!! ^ YAAAAAAAAAAY!! I love that they’re in that list!! ^ But I agree with Mollywobble on that the list makes not much sense… I mean, how could you possibly put Miss Piggy and Kermy the Frog before Elizabeth Bennet and Mister Darcy?? And Beauty and the Beast were not in that list?? =( I didn’t even know some of the pairings they listed there!!

Avatar Image says:

awwwwwwwww this gave me the biggest grin i’ve had in a while. they are just too perfect for each other. r/hr for eva!

Avatar Image says:

I love this news! Ron and Hermione have been and always will be the best OTP ever.

Avatar Image says:

That is so cool. Rowling really wrote the Hermione/Ron love story well. In fact, she obviously saved the most important kiss for last! Honestly, the Harry and Ginny plot wasn’t as likable. It was flat. I don’t know if was Ginny’s overbearing personality or the fact she was virtually nonexistant in book 7. Book 7 was the romance of R/Hr. Like I said, the best for last.

Avatar Image says:

yeah ok, but everyone knows the best harry potter couple is Harry/Draco, lol ; – )

Avatar Image says:

@ elkmaria “And, to my mind, Harry/Ginny are not the central ship (despite the fact that the main character is part of it), because Ms. Rowling didn’t seem to focus Harry’s love life as much as on Ron and Hermione’s :))) At least, this is the feeling I’ve got from the books =)))”

Actually, JKR spends 3 books talking about Harry’s romance-with Cho Chang. I’d say she builds that flawed relationship quite carefully. But the contrasts between Cho and Ginny are instructive-and more than just that Ginny doesn’t weep at the drop of a hat! He does want someone who’s emotionally resilient, like himself, willing to act/react, like he is, and willing to risk-which she learned from F&G. However, Harry and Ginny’s relationship isn’t as clearly developed, then, since Harry leaves her behind through Book 7. There’s more of their courtship that comes afterward-which we don’t see.

Drat those double-hypens!

Avatar Image says:

awww moin!!! h/g shud b der! ne1 kno wen wer gettin nu hbp stills?

Avatar Image says:

Awww, yay for Ron/Hermione. I love all the couples in HP, Ron/Hermione, Harry/Ginny, James/Lily, Molly/Arthur. The books make me feel so full of love!

What a wonderful day to talk about luuuuuurve!

Avatar Image says:

Hmm, I would definitely have to disagree with the order and contents of that list… Elizabeth Bennett and Darcy not being first.. humph… but I’m glad Ron and Hermione were on there =D PS- They’ve got to add Edward and Bella!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve never shipped R/Hr so much as ‘always knew it was going to happen’. I am glad it’s on the list, it’s probably the best canon ship in the series (except of course Albus/Gellert ) Speaking of which, I’m soooooo happy to see one of these ‘famous couples’ lists including gay couples! Especially since “The Authority” is my favorite superhero comics, Apollo/Midnighter is one of the best marriages in comics, and Midnighter is my absolute favorite superhero!! And “Brokeback Mountain” still makes me cry ;;

Avatar Image says:

this is cute, its great that a harry potter couple made the list, but H/Hr is so much better! they really mean fictional, R/H would not be a healthy relationship at all in real life (more like abusive), H/Hr just makes more sense in relationship terms, they understand each other and have deeper feelings than simply lust.

Avatar Image says:

Ron & Hermione are #2 on my Best HP Romance List. My #1 is definitely Arthur & Molly Weasley. When Arthur called Molly “Molly Wobbles”, that sealed it for me!!!

I agree with others about Lyra & Will, but unless you’ve read Pullman’s books, you probably never heard of them. I have yet to see “The Golden Compass”, but hopefully, the last two books will also make it to the screen.

Avatar Image says:

Yup, one of my fave lines in DH:

“Is THIS the moment?!”

Go R/Hr!

Avatar Image says:

Did Edward and Bella make the list?

Avatar Image says:

I disagree, I don’t like either of those characters or their relationship.

Hooray!

Well deserved.

@ aughra

I agree that Harry/Cho ship (which, by the way, seemed hopeless to me from the very beginning) was quite an important part of Books 4 and 5. But, to my mind, this relationship was included into the book mainly in order to show Harry growing up, while Cho’s character was left underdeveloped. Ginny is, obviously, a more developed character than Cho, but still, Harry is portrayed in much greater detail. This “inequality” is what makes the Harry/Ginny ship “lose” to Ron/Hermione ship in terms of literary prominence for me personally, of course :))) In case of Ron/Hermione, both characters are developed to the same extent, which gives the ship more flesh :)))

On the other hand, H/G leaves more space for ficwriters’ imagination :)))

Avatar Image says:

Oh… I am so glad!! Ron is the best… he is very handsome in my mind, because I did fall in love with him… I don’t like the nick “Won Won” because Lavender used this (duh… she is so boring)... Hermione is the best… c’mon… she is clever and so many other things… Ron/Hermione are the best couple in the world… This is my ship since I was 12… because I was Hermione and Ron was my ex-future boyfriens :P… and it is even today… hehe…

I very very love love love love the both of them!! Harry and Ginny are so cute too… but Ron and Hermione are perfect together.

Happy Valentine’s Day people… (in my country we celebrated this day in June 12, but whetever…)

Sorry my english wrongs, please…

Too much HP for everyone!!

Avatar Image says:

In my mind, it’s always been Harry and Luna, even though it’s not really real ;p

Avatar Image says:

Oh… I like so much Lyra and Will too… so cute…

Avatar Image says:

awww… i love ron and hermione together… i think Lupin and Tonks should b on there tho… and obviously Snape and Lily… Ive never liked James srry but idk y i think Snape and Lily r seriously the cutest couple EVER!!

-HPfreak

Avatar Image says:

This makes me irrationally happy. Woohoo!!

Avatar Image says:

Umm… Snape and Lily aren’t even a couple. They’re close friends and Snape loved her. Why does everyone act like this ship is canon?

Well I’m glad R/Hr made the list. They deserve it!

Avatar Image says:

so happy about this! EXTREMELY happy…it made my week! Oh, and someone said before how could a couple from ‘battlestar gallactica’ could be with one like ‘Romeo and Juliet’...simple: it’s all fiction, not iconic or something. Very cool list, too bad there’s no HG :-( , but I guess they had to choose, and RHr has been going on for a VERY long time! more than HG!

Avatar Image says:

I definitely agree with this. Ron and Hermione are an amazing couple and one of my favourites of any book I’ve read and I’ve read thousands.

Avatar Image says:

How cute! I loved the comment about the Ship Wars, it was so true.

After finding R/Hr, I scanned through the rest of the list looking for my other favorite fictional couples. I found one – of course, I knew that Elizabeth/Darcy would be on there, but I had to find it for myself. Heh.

Oh, and also, with regards to their listing for LotR… Beren/Luthien > Faramir/Eowyn > Aragorn/Arwen. Anything but that should have been included. gets off purist soapbox

Ron and Hermione FTW!!!!

I love them :)

Avatar Image says:

They’re my favorite couple! 625 baby!

Avatar Image says:

Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!!!!! it’s cool that ron and hermione were on here, but where are harry + ginny????? oh well. lol = ]

Avatar Image says:

My favorite couple of any book is Ron and Hermione. I love them fangirls That really made my day, LOL.

Avatar Image says:

Yay! i love it! but come on, where are harry and ginny, and mr. and mrs. weasley? althogh, i guess r/hr was more entertaining as far as all the jelousy and stuff goes. can’t spell hermione without ron!

Avatar Image says:

@chris-just had to say-LOVE the avvie!

Avatar Image says:

AWWWWW! That is so cool! This made my day! I always knew they were meant for ever- I mean who didnt?

Way to go Won-Won and Mione!

Avatar Image says:

Aw i love their relationship! Number 8? WOW! but what about Harry/Ginny??? I love them too!

Throws hands up

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throws lunch up

blech for ron and hermione! Yay for Harry and Hermione, Draco and Ginny, adn Luna for ron. So non canon, but thank god for fanfiction!

Avatar Image says:

w00t! Made my day! ^^ I knew it Ron and Hermione would stand some place, I KNEW it! :D

Avatar Image says:

RON AND HERMIONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they loved each other from the beginning!!!!!!!!!! the best couple ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

who’s heard the song Accio love by the ministry of magic!! well it’s about ron and hermione!!! here’s the link:

you better watch it sooo cute!!!!

Cool….

My favorite fictional characters? Snape & me…. LOL

Avatar Image says:

*There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione’s arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet.”*

XD I love this couple!

Ron & Hermione, FTW. Best couple in the whole series :]

Avatar Image says:

what a cute couple! i bet Harry and Ginny should be included to they look good with each other!

Avatar Image says:

HPfreak “and obviously Snape and Lily… Ive never liked James srry but idk y i think Snape and Lily r seriously the cutest couple EVER!!”

YAY!!! I’m not alone in loving this pairing, even if it didn’t happen because of that nasty James Potter!

Avatar Image says:

WOOHOO! I’ve been shipping R/Hr since book1. This totally made my Valentine’s day.

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I love hermione and ron. they’re definitely my favorite too. They remind me so much of Darcy and Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice. i just love that whole I hate you, I love you, I hate you, I love you- romance story. It’s the best kind. but I can’t wait to see the last two movies when hermione and ron finally get together.

Avatar Image says:

Aw i love Ron and Hermione together, they’re so cute. Just thinking of Rose and Hugo and their little happy family makes me smile lol. I love happy endings haha. Other cool couples I liked on the list were Ross and Rachel and Carrie and Mr. Big from “sex and the city”. Were Buffy and Angel on the list? I didn’t see them. If they weren’t on it they should have been they were such an iconic couple. They were on and off so many times and she had to kill him! Talk about tragic love lol. Much better then that stupid Battlestar Galactica couple.

Avatar Image says:

aww. that’s adorable. i love hermione and ron.

Avatar Image says:

I think that Harry and Ginny where not added because they are not a couple until the 7 book. But Ron and Hermione is a long battle between them don’t you all think?

Avatar Image says:

I liked and supported Ron/Hermione for years, but when she cut up his skin in HBP, I was out. There is no way that an author could ever write about a male character scarring the girl he liked for liking another boy and then expect that the readers would still root for the two of them to be together. I don’t care if the canaries were supposedly a “comic image”, they made Ron bleed and he still had scars weeks later (which you can figure out by calculating a few timeline things in HBP). It’s not healthy. It’s not cute. It’s not understandable. It’s physically abusive, and not only was Hermione never sorry, but she laughed about it in DH.

Avatar Image says:

Athena, Harry and Ginny were a couple since HBP… he kissed her in front of all Gryffindors, remember?

And about Lily and Snape, c´mon… Lily and James forever… they are like Hermione and Ron a bit… she said she hated him, but she was not… she loved him, she become his wife… she chosen him!! And Snape… I feel sorry for him, but Harry was only a child when he went to Hogwarts and Snape was so horrible since the beginning with him… He always humiliated Harry and was opressor (wth Neville, Ron, Hermione and so many others students). Snape was an adult, he could never be like he was.

However, he really loved Lily all his life… so this safe him… but I will never like him… much less with Lily!!

Oh… Ron and Hermione forever and ever!!

Avatar Image says:

C´mon Marauder, Ron also smile when Hermione laughed about the canaries in DH and, apart of this… where page in the seven books in the serie is writing that Ron bleeded and still have the scars??? I only can remember his scars from those “killer-brains”.

I am not defended what Hermione done, but I did act impulsively too… and now they married and have a family, two children and all…

Whetever… I love the both of them and together they are completed.

Avatar Image says:

I think this is great!!! They are such a cute couple!! They were sooooo meant to be together, and I am glad that the movies so far are hinting at this relationship happening. I was so happy during the seventh book when they finally kissed, and it was the perfect moment! Yay!!! Congrats to Hermione and Ron!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Last page of chapter fourteen, HBP: “The little flocks of birds was speeding like a hail of fat golden bullets toward Ron, who yelped and covered his face with his hands, but the birds attacked, pecking and clawing at every bit of flesh they could reach.” Weeks later, near the beginning of chapter fifteen: “Ron, whose hands and forearms still bore scratches and cuts from Hermione’s bird attack, was taking a defensive and resentful tone.”

If you have scratches and cuts weeks after being attacked, you bled. I could tell you how many weeks later this was, but I figured it out from the Lexicon timelines and they’re down at the moment. On the subject of Ron smiling when Hermione laughed about the canaries, I thought it was just morally repugnant for JKR to write that. The only way she managed to get away with it without a huge reader outcry is because Hermione is a girl and Ron is a boy. Can you imagine a book in which Veronica smiles when Herman laughs about the time he scratched and cut her skin?

And if Ron was covering his face with his hands and his hands have cuts and scratches, the birds were going for his eyes. You may have acted impulsively in the past, Praty, but I sincerly hope you never cut up someone’s hands and arms when you couldn’t get to their eyes.

I used to like Ron/Hermione, but I can’t in good conscience support a ship where one half physically abuses the other and the readers are supposed to think that’s okay.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with happy fan! Ron and Hermione are so cute i cant stand it. Oh how I wish I was Hermione!!!

Avatar Image says:

Aww, I agree with the statement about the scars..hehe, but I have to disagree with most of this artical. Really, H/Hr is soo much better! ;)

After all, Harry+Hermione= Harmony

Avatar Image says:

of course harry and ginny shouldn’t be on that list… harry lets himself get whipped pretty easily… at least ron and hermione act like real people. harry would let ginny boil his head if she wanted to.

they should have put Bella and Voldemort lol

Avatar Image says:

What a silly list. Fun, but silly. My personal list would definitely skip much of the TV sitcoms to include classics like Jane Eyre/Edward Rochester; Buttercup/Wesley (book or movie, both are fabulous); Benedict/Beatrice (Much Ado about Nothing, recent-ish movie version). Others too, but, like, whatever. I am glad they include Miss Piggy and Kermit, just for hilarity’s sake.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah!!! I love them, Those two were absolutly meant to be! :D Hermione <3 <3 <3 Ron 4-ever!

Avatar Image says:

Oh my gosh! I luv this couple. Congrats Won-Won & Hermione!

Avatar Image says:

Ron and hermione are so cute together! I love hat scene in the book! :D

Avatar Image says:

sorry but they should have put Bellatrix & Voldemort, Harry & Ginny, Mrs. and Mr. Weasley, etc. etc. LOL:)

Avatar Image says:

It’s really to bad that lavender and ron didn’t fall in love. those scenes were sooooooooo funny!

Avatar Image says:

Molly, Radcakesfan, etc: Yeah that’s right, fans know what’s good for the characters so much better than JKR.

Marauder: Actually, I thought it was hilarious. And Hermione has a long history of being rather brutal. Ron wasn’t the first victim of that. Nor did he honestly care after a while (he even joked about it) and for heaven’s sake they would not have pecked his eyes out. Way too over analyze comic relief. It’s like how people hate Ginny because the bat bogey hex sounds painful, or dislike the twins because they are “bullies.” It’s just supposed to be funny and especially since these are children’s/young adult books- slapstick humor is a common choice. Although, I admit that it’s nice to see someone acknowledging Hermione’s faults instead of calling Ron the abusive one (which is completely unfounded, Harry is closer to being abusive to Hermione ironically, especially in OotP).

Avatar Image says:

aaaaw Won Won and Hermy 4ever :) I also like Tonks and Lupin :)

LOL john I totally agree :p

Avatar Image says:

Ron only went with lavender to make hermione jealous!!! Marauder: Ron really broke hermione’s heart…thats why she did that!!! And ron didn’t mind later on. Anyway that was a hilarious scene!

Avatar Image says:

It took me forever to get used to R/H. I always like H/H…but i guess thats because the chemistry is so good between Dan and Emma on screen. But now that I’ve finally accepted it…and the chemistry between Emma and Rupert is getting better…. I actually like this pairing. I’m glad they made the list!

Avatar Image says:

EruditeWitch: The lust comment is the one that made me go “huh?” the most. I’ve seen the other misinterpretations so often, but based purely on lust? I can’t even think of a single time that Ron and Hermione express blatant sexual attraction to one another. At no point to they think “wow so and so is so attractive” even. “You’re a girl?!!” doesn’t count. It’s not based on lust at all. It’s two best friends forming an emotional bond and falling in love. Not to say they aren’t sexually attracted to each other, because of course they are. But yeah.

Avatar Image says:

Yay ! I’m so glad the H/R shipping made it !

Happy belated valentines day all hp fans out there !

Avatar Image says:

Oh and “You look great!” in DH but complimenting a girl you like when she’s dressed up for a wedding isn’t really lusting.

Avatar Image says:

Aw….I don’t even like Valentine’s Day, but this made it worth it. My favorites from the list:

R/Hr Rhett/Scarlett Lucy/Ricky Lizzie/Darcy Tony/Maria

The only thing I can’t figure out is why on earth Bella and Edward from Twilight aren’t on there!!! :P

Avatar Image says:

LOVEE LOVEE LOVEE this couple. Times TEN BILLION. :) I don’t understand how people could ship H/Hr ! I mean come on?! Can’t you see the chemistry between Ron & Hermione?! :) But oh well, I have nothing against those people. =)

Avatar Image says:

AWWWWW, that’s soo cute (: good for them, RON AND HERMIONE, THE REAL HARRY POTTER COUPLE <3

Avatar Image says:

OMG this is soo cute and much deserving!!! They were meant to be from the moment that troll stepped into their school bathroom. I have just a small comment to make as to why Harry and Ginny weren’t included, and I think it’s because everyone witnessed Ron and Hermione’s love/hate relationship for seven years and saw it blossom and grow, whereas Ginny and Harry’s relationship materialized in the last two years, and even then it was broken off until the very end. But I l still love both couples! :)

Avatar Image says:

Nah, can’t see chemistry between ron and hermione OR Harry and what’s her name. Maybe the movies will turn me around on that but if the books couldn’t do that… I think part of the problem is that I could care less about what happens to Ron or anyone else really except for Harry. Ron’s like the equivalent to oh Bingley in Pride and Prejudice, I don’t really care about his happily ever after . Forget the details. That’s what it’s like for me for Ron. Since Hermione is so smart and intelligent, committed, blah blah blah, fleshed out so to speak, I want to see her with Harry. He was the saddest, loneliest tragic figure and the ginny storyline/character just didn’t do it for me- it cut in here and there in the oddest dollops. That last book was torture whenever she came up- made me want to chuck the book in the nearest fire-uh, barbecue. And ron, sorry, he seems too weak minded for hermione, which is why that locket or whatever could affect him so. ducks lol

Avatar Image says:

Here come the harMOANians!

Avatar Image says:

Ron and Hermione are sooo adorable! I know they would get together from the moment they met on the train! :D :D :D

Avatar Image says:

Does this elderly lady with some life experience really have to explain that lust is always a part of a romantic relationship? Come on! Without lust there would be no romantic relationship. Without the physical aspect the relationship would be a friendship.

Harry and Hermione? Please, really, get over with it. They are two awesome characters who have a unique friendship bond with each other. They are single children who have found a brother/sister they never had in real life. That is something special and it should not be downgraded just because some people can’t accept that they never felt romantically for each other.

Harry and Hermione have a deeper relationship? Where? They have a deep relationship but certainly not deeper than Harry/Ron or Ron/Hermione. It was Ron after all who offered himself up for torture in Hermione’s place. Hermione cried for weeks when Ron left instead of enjoying her alone time with Harry.. That’s a canon fact and it’s a bit sad IMO that we still have to discuss it 8 months after the final book resolved the shipping questions once and for all.

Ron and Hermione are already a classic and they deserve it. Period. ;)

Avatar Image says:

I love the comment about the R/Hr’s and the H/Hrs. It so true, I argued with those daft H/Hr’s online for years. HA!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve always been an Hr/R shipper and, since book five, a H/Luna shipper :-)

But by the end of the 7th book I hated Ron as a character so much that I couldn’t understand why Hermione was still so interested in him! So I wasn’t interested in their kiss when it finally happened. It just irritated me considering all the urgency in the story at that moment. I was as frustrated with them as Harry was and wanted to slap them both!

On lack of obvious clues as to their mutual feelings for each other, I think it’s due to two things. Ron’s lack of experience or confidence with women; that’s why he needed the book 10 Failsafe Ways of Charming Witches or whatever it was called (I found it really amusing watching him try to putt it all into practice in book 7). Plus, the books are seen through Harry’s eyes, so whereas we get to hear about certain feelings going on in Harry’s ‘stomach area’ we don’t get to hear about what’s going on inside Ron, because presumably he’s also not very good at talking about it with Harry :-)

Harmony forever!

eh, ron takes off and abandons them for food. Harry has a few things on his mind , like, ever since he finds out this mean ol’ guy tried to kill him , y’know? Talk about h/hr being brother and sister annoy me as they aren’t actually sibs, which means they could develope deeper feelings for each other. I prefer my ship, thank you very much.

Avatar Image says:

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyy! Ron and Hermione forever and ever and ever as happily ever after!! wooooohoooooooooooo!!! Love them so much!

Avatar Image says:

It’s been so long since I was on here! I wonder whether anyone remembers me?

I went through a grieving period, so stopped visiting fan sites; even stopped reading the books for a while; it was too painful. Anyway, I see there are still shippers on here.

Avatar Image says:

Radcakes fan: You seriously think Ron abandoned them because of food? Honestly there’s no use in debating with someone who makes such base assumptions and won’t even give other characters a chance. That’s your loss, honestly.

And they are like brother and sister. Blood isn’t that important. That’s just what they are. Harry himself says it, and if you love Harry so much why not respect his canon feelings?

Avatar Image says:

that is sooooo cutiee i always liked the fights between them they r funny but now they r together and that is so cute, i like minnie and mickey mouse they r cute 2

Avatar Image says:

I guess for Radcakes fan, she knows more the characters better than Jo. Sad.

Avatar Image says:

radcakesfan, feel free to throw Deathly Hallows into the BBQ, Laura Mallory has one already prepared! Fandom will miss you, but we’ll get over it.

Avatar Image says:

Who else is just happy to know that we see them kiss in DH?????

FINALY!!!!!

YAYAYAYAYAY

this news make me happy!!!! whoop whoop

by the Way LEAKY ROX!!!

Avatar Image says:

radcakesfan: “eh, ron takes off and abandons them for food. “

I DARE you to go to the ‘Pair’s reaction to Ron’s return’ or the ‘Ron Weasley: Hero or zero?’ thread on the forums and say that again. I freaking dare you.

Because you don’t deserve to be a fan if you can’t comprehend what’s been written in the books just because you’re mad that a romance that never existed didn’t happen in a book that was never about romance.

In case you are confused, here are the links:

Avatar Image says:

aw this is SO great! i cant belive harry and ginny arent on the list, i mean harry IS the main character, but its so great that ron and hermione got on there. I had to reread the kissing scene several times because at first i thought i was hallucinating, then i yelled aloud “FINALLY.” but was this list about fictional characters that arent from books? because i wud have luved to have seen edward and bella (twilight series)on that list if it was.

Avatar Image says:

OH and btw, THANK YOU Accio_HP7, because ur comment makes complete and total sense. i never understood how people thought Harry/hermione would work.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, but atleast Harry and Ginny won this poll over R/Hr; http://www.voote.com/jsp/WAppServerPage.jsp?TransID=RVOTES01&VoteID=3774 I like R/Hr too but H/G, it’s got something extra for me. It’s my fave

R/Hr FTW :)

They re the Best Couple > THE ROMANCE of HP > I know Harry is the main character … but Face with it ==> Ron Weasley & Hermione Granger are ROMANTIC HEROES lol

Avatar Image says:

Heh, i knew eruditewitch would be having conniptions. Good lord woman, you’re frothing at the mouth. Aren’t you taking this a tad too seriously? Yes, you’re right on the money when you say this book is not about romance. Sorry, r/hr doesn’t interest me in the least and i could care less. Ron has always been portrayed as weak, he was the most affected by the lack of food and knew he could always go home. Hermione certainly wasn’t perfect in the books, there were times she couldn’t handle harry , so perhaps she didn’t deserve Harry. I do like to think the extreme times they were going through would affect them somewhat, and once grown up , she would turn to someone like Harry. How many people marry their school crush ? I think H/Hr had more in common personally, and ron reminds me of the dumb guy in Friends, just not studly.

Avatar Image says:

Ron & Hermione R the cutest thing ever!!!

Won & Hermione 4EVER!!!

YESSSSSSSSSS :D

Radcakes:

Of course I’m having a conniption. I find it funny you’ll say things like that in a non-discussion setting. It must be you’re afraid to make those arguments in the actual forums.

Ron did not leave because of lack of food. That is a fact that has been discussed numerous time.

But all you want to do is state your opinion…so you’ll stay here. I understand. You don’t want people to poke holes in your arguments. Just remember, my offer still stands. I would love to see you say any of those things in a characterization thread and have them stand up as a viable argument backed by canon in the books. I’ll eat my hat if that happens.

Also, why don’t you use your real online handle instead of hiding? Obviously you’re familiar with me. You must just like to jump into places with a mask on, yell your hairbrained opinions, and jump back out without any contradiction or discussion.

Avatar Image says:

Nah, just lurk on other forums. Saw you going nutso in other places. One could say you are taking a fictional couple neither of whom are the main character in a fiction series waaayyy too seriously. It looks like too much trouble to post on some of the other sites-it’s easier /simpler on this type of comment board. Anyway, it’s not really all that important, and it’s not like you’re going to change my mind, so what’s the point? It’s like discussing Sam Gamgee /rose from LOTR. Who cares? There are a lot of other fans who think differently than you do, so get over it.

Avatar Image says:

I’m not getting all up in arms about shipping. It’s about what you’re saying about Ron. It’s false. I just don’t like wild eyed opinions with no basis in fact. It’s a personal preference of mine. Yes it is fiction, but it’s hard to imagine a fan of the books we all love to be so grossly misinterpreting it. Don’t you ever get frustrated at someone who disagrees with you, but never offers up a specific reason as to why?

Avatar Image says:

I also don’t appreciate your characterization of me as Nutso and throwing a conniption. Does that mean others who are posting on here are crazy as well? So what if I get mad when people say such bad things about Ron? I’m a fan. It happens. I’d feel the same way for any other fictional work I’m endeared to. I also don’t like when people can’t see the good in Lyra, or Liir. It just so happens these are harry potter sites, so that’s what I focus on.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, wow, that’s funny … comparing Ron and Hermione with Sam Gamgee and Rosie Cotton! Comparing Ron with the brave and honorable Samwise is fine, but Hermione and Rosie couldn’t be further apart if you tried to find another unlike fictional comparison. Hermione is every bit as important to Harry as Sam was to Frodo! Ron and Hermione are equally important main characters, and describing Ron as weak is delusional. Yes, he had a harder time with spiders, and had problems while they were camping in Deathly Hallows, but he still, on the whole, was a brave knight whose primary role is to defend Harry and Hermione.

Anyway, I’m happy to see the quarreling couple on the list!!!

Avatar Image says:

Harry and ginny should have been on the list! Theyre the main couple in the books not Ron and Herm! Why aren’t they there!

Avatar Image says:

For anyone who doubts Ron’s love for and devotion to Hermione, here’s three words:

“Take me instead.”

That’s not lust, it’s love.

Avatar Image says:

Ron and Hermione completely deserve this fun little honor. Whine all you want. It’s not going to change the fact they’re canon and lots of us are tickled pink about it.

Avatar Image says:

“This list doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. How can you have such Iconic characters as Romeo and Juliet, Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett, etc., on the same list as the couple from Battlestar Gallatica. I know it’s a popular show, but come on!”

Yeah I know it is pretty weird….or like how they have Jim/Pam from the Office, but not Booth/Brennan from Bones….it’s a pretty random list in general…(Like Titanic wasn’t mentioned either!)

Or the fact that they have R/Hr period on the list—come on! rolleyes Just because HP is popular doesn’t mean that the most prominent couple in the books (no matter how awful they were) should qualify!

Or how about that nonsense about “still bearing scars from online wars with the Harry/Hermione faithful”—give me a break! As if Herons were the picked on minority rather than the other way around….rolleyes What a load of rubbish, as Ron himself would say!

Avatar Image says:

^ Oh get over it will you? People at EW obviously liked R/Hr. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend? So what that your pairing wasn’t in the books? Why can’t you just move on? Go read fan fiction.

Avatar Image says:

“Ok H/G aren’t there > They re not the main couple > I like them but R/Hr is the main romance of this fantasy book …”

Exactly. :) R/Hr have the romance of the books. They had the obvious one that flowed through the whole series and finished off with a swept-off-her-feet kiss!

Avatar Image says:

Totally fab that they included Hermione and Ron. They shoulda included harry and ginny and Molly and Arther!

Avatar Image says:

@mollywobbles23: i totally agree with you.. they could whine all they want, and it wouldnt change a thing.. it’s already there,printed

Avatar Image says:

I still can’t believe there’s h/hr shippers. And there are heaps of draco/hermione shippers!!! Gosh. some of my friends that don’t read the books thought that harry wiill end up marrying hermione…i mean y do they all think it’s harry and hermione…and i tell them hermione married ron and harry married ginny…then they say harry should have married hermione coz she’s better then ginny. I mean ron deserves hermione not harry. RON AND HERMIONE FOREVER!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m just glad no one on this site is propoting Hermione/Snape

Avatar Image says:

Haha- that’s a good one Rachel! (Me too) I’m so glad Ron finally got Hermione. I stuck with them all the way!!! :)

Avatar Image says:

awhh! that is soooo sweet!! they should have been before superman!! lyra and will are first in my book! and edwerd and bella

Avatar Image says:

Err no I’m quite sure Ron himself would not agree with you!

As for the first part of your statement, aren’t the H/Hr fans the ones who threw the hissyfit in this thread?

Avatar Image says:

I (personally) was VERRY happy when in book 7,I finnaly read what I was waiting for since I realised that there were Ron and Hermione being characters.And it’s verry good to see (for real) what they meen to each other,at first place. Still, Don’t you think it,s just a bit stupid to make comparasion between SNAPE and Hermione?! Or evan HARRY?! Gosh.. I mean,wasn’t it obvious that Rod and Hermione will end up togather since the moment she told him that he has a dirt on his nose??? Come on people… Isn’t J K Rowling sopose to be worring about the characters SHE is making,and you just have to be there to support her -NOT to tell her what to do???? Give her a rest. She has all ready done a LOT with just whriting the book and giving us the opportunity of reading it! Ask yourself : Just how many books as good as HARRY POTTER have you ever read??? I bet not many!!!

Right on.

I like it how the little blurb mentioned the Shipping Wars. Those were hard times. I think my blood pressure rose a bit during those times. The Ron/Hermione kiss in Deathly Hallows helped it go significantly down thankfully.

Avatar Image says:

Aw! I LOVE Ron and Hermione. I have ever since about the thrid book or so and they are definetely my favourite fictional couple. I LOVED that they were on this list!

Avatar Image says:

Wow! IMO, Ron and Hermione are the most wonderful character in the Harry Potter universe, and the best couple too. This news made my week :-)

This list is retarded..

Avatar Image says:

Ron + Hermione are a good couple, but I’d still like to have seen Harry and Hermione get together.

Avatar Image says: ahhh!!!..i knew from the first harry potter movie that ron and hermione will be a couple!! (CUTE COUPLE AREN'T THEY?)because of all those fights between them,the jealousy,and of course saying cute words to each other! ^_^...♥♥♥ ahh..i heard that EMMA AND RUPERT ARE DATING!OMFG!I hope in real life that they're gonna be a couple too! 7th HP movie..... i can't hardly wait for that long kissing scene of ron and hermione!!!*drools* RON ♥ HERMIONE FOREVER!!!! Avatar Image says: dá pra alguém traduzir

Write a Reply or Comment