David Barron Confirms New Scene Added to “Half-Blood Prince” Movie
Feb 21, 2008
As some of you may know, there have been rumors floating around on the net for sometime now regarding a new scene added to the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film. In a new interview with Australia’s Herald Sun, producer David Barron confirmed that there will indeed be one new “pivotal” scene added for the sixth Harry Potter film “set at Ron Weasley’s family home (aka The Burrow), that wasn’t in the book.” In the interview, David Barron does not give away details of this scene, but says it was added with Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling’s full blessing.
David Barron’s full quotage is as follows:
“We don’t often have things that aren’t in the book,” producer David Barron told The Back Room.”But this was brought in because Jo (Rowling) was able throughout the quite lengthy book to keep dropping little snippets of what was happening in the outside world-there’d be people reading newspapers and talking about how somebody’s parents had been killed or somebody had been withdrawn from school because their parents didn’t think it was safe. And we’re made aware that the Muggle world is also experiencing these disasters, but thinks they are disasters rather than the work of Voldemort. The book is peppered with those moments, but we couldn’t do that quite so easily in the film. So (the extra scene) comes in the middle of the film and it just reminds us the world is no longer a safe place. Even in what would normally be considered the safe haven of the Burrow, nobody’s safe. I think you’ll like it. It’s quite effective.”
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is currently in production, and is due in theaters November 21, 2008. Thanks to the Snitchseeker for emailing!