Robert Pattinson Talks Cedric Diggory, Twilight Movie and More

368

Feb 25, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Actor Robert Pattinson is the subject of a new profile in the Evening Standard Magazine. In the article, Robert discusses his various films including the upcoming Little Ashes about the life of artist Salvador Dali, “Twilight,” based on the popular novels by Stephenie Meyer, as well as mentioning his role as Tri-Wizard Champion Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Saying he is nothing like his Hufflepuff counterpart, Robert Pattinson says that “I was never a leader, and the idea of my ever being made head boy is a complete joke. I wasn’t involved in much at school, and I was never picked for any of the teams. On the doomed fate that awaited the Hogwarts champion, the actor gave his reaction to learning the fate of his character as he noted “I looked at the other actors, and thought “God! Lucky you! You’ve got another three films guaranteed!” GoF director Mike Newell is quoted as describing Robert Pattinson: “Cedric exemplifies all that you would expect the Hogwarts’ champion to be. Robert Pattinson was born to play the role; he’s quintessentially English, with chislled public schoolboy good looks.”

You can see new photos of the handsome young actor, as well as read the entire article here in our galleries.

62 Responses to Robert Pattinson Talks Cedric Diggory, Twilight Movie and More

Avatar Image says:

he is sooo hot and a good actor too..gosh.. i love u robs! i wish he could come back for HP but that ll never happen…life is soo unfair… HP and robert rock!!! kisses rox

Avatar Image says:

I loved Robert in GOF and now I can’t wait for Twilight to come out.

Avatar Image says:

Hmm. I swear, I feel like the only teenage girl who isn’t crazy about Twilight. I tried reading the books but I just thought they were… nauseating :x I do wish I liked them though because I adore Robert Pattinson – guh, those new pics are gorgeous!

Avatar Image says:

I’m not crazy about Twilight – though I have read the whole series more than once and I’m anticipating the fourth book – but I’m excited to see what Robert does with his role as Edward. If anything, the books and film will be a fun, guilty pleasure left to me in the vacuum of the HP books’ absence. :)

That being said, it’s wonderful to hear about this article and about Robert in general. I think he’s an adorable young man and I’m happy to see him getting more work/exposure – especially in something as big as Twilight, however much people don’t like it lol.

Thanks for posting the article, Sue!

Avatar Image says:

When I had first seen Robert’s pictures I didn’t like him at all…But when I watched the film..he had that Cedric spirit..his body movements, his face expressions..everything shouted CEDRIC!!! Which makes him a beautiful choice and a great actor in my opinion..Keep up the good work!!

Avatar Image says:

I completly agree with Amy S, nauseating is the correct word to descirbe it. I had to stop reading half way through the first one. The books were so lovey-dovey every other line was like- oh edward i can’t possibly live without you, you can’t love me as much as i love you, blah! i guess i’am just not into that whole romance deal. But, i like Robert he seems really down to earth.

Avatar Image says:

Congrats ladies. I’m sure you’re excited Sue.

I’m personally looking forward to the Dali film. He’s one of my all time favorite artists, right up there with Escher and da Vinci.

Avatar Image says:

I loved him as Cedric and I am dying to see him as Edward in Twilight!!

Avatar Image says:

Rob is great…for a young actor, he shows such maturity and a versatility to mold into different characters quite well – I noticed that in GOF and was pretty impressed by him. I’m glad he’s got some great movies lined up, and I hope to see them.

As for Twilight, I think I’d only go see that movie just because he’s in it. I thought the books were all right, but I didn’t think they were particularly “OH EM GEE AMAZING! I LOVE EDWARD AND BELLA!!!” as a lot of others think :) Still, I was very surprised when I heard Rob was playing Edward. I think he’ll be fantastic though :D

Avatar Image says:

i’ve never really had any interest in reading twilight but hearing what you all have to say i might have to. as for rob i thought he was brilliant in GOF but i think daniel is better looking. just my opinion XD

Avatar Image says:

Twighlight? I know the writer is really good, but whoo, where’s the plot? Vampires battle werewolves for a lady’s love? Ai-yi-yi. Cheap romance novel. No offense though. I haven’t read the books(sheepish titter)

I love him. Period. XD

Avatar Image says:

Hey Jean of Lauria, I highly recommend that you read the books! I mean before I read Twilight I also kinda thought it was a “cheap romance”. But afterwards, I became ridiculuously obsessed with the series! : )

Avatar Image says:

And my love for Robert Pattinson grew even bigger when I found out he was playing Edward. YAYYYYYYY ROBERT! :D

Avatar Image says:

I don’t mind the romantic aspects of Twilight, but of course that series can never come close to HP in my book (biased much? ;) ) The only part that really irked me was when Edward left and Bella freaked. I mean, I get that you would get depressed if your love left you, but you can’t just role over and die. grrh.

@Jean- you should give the books a shot, there’s a lot of action that has nothing to do with wining the lady’s love (though I concur, if it was that would be pretty “Ai-yi-yi.”)

Avatar Image says:

I’m also one of the few girls and I can’t say that I know a single person that isn’t crazy about Twilight. I really hated the book and the way Meyer kept on going on and on about how hot he was just really annoyed me. There seemed to be no general plot to the books until you have gotten about 2/3rds through it. I absolutely agree with the people who called the entire saga “nauseating” it was, I felt like throwing up. Bella really has no girl-power that she brings into the story and she is a Mary Sue, in my opinion. I also agree with Rachel, because I find it kind of hard to believe that a girl would just get all depressed because a guy left her. Okay, cry over it and everything, but to go to the extent where you act like one of the living dead is kind of ridiculous and I find it completely unbelievable. On top of that, the only reason girls seem to like it is because Edward is “OMYGODHESOHOTSQUEEEEE!!!” which truly annoys me to no end. They aboslutely hate Bella and are over their heels in love with him. I mean, what are girls today turning into? Only liking some guy because an author goes on a 300+ page rant about how hot he is? It is sickening, really. Okay, I’ll stop with my rant here, but I’ve got to say that I did like Robert in GoF, just that in the graveyard scene he acted really stupid, unlike in the book. In the book, he had no time at all to react and just died before he even knew what was happening to him, but in the movie Cedric was looking at everything and Harry said “Oh we’ve got to get out of here” and he was kind of like “Er… what…. why….???” and it seemed to me that he did, indeed have time to react. Yes, he did do a fantastic job nonetheless, except for that part, which nags at me whenever I rewatch the movie.

Avatar Image says:

I liked the Twilight series, but I’m not sure if I’m going to see the movie – might ruin the characters I’ve already pictured in my mind, and I don’t exactly see Rob as Edward, but I’m sure that he’ll do great, and it’s probably hard to cast someone that many people picture differently. :)

Avatar Image says:

You were great as Cedric Diggory Rob! It is too bad that you had the unfortunated pleasure of being the first to kick the bucket, and also start a new death trend for the series. But it was very moving and as with all the other actors and their own characters, I cant see anyone playing him but you- even when your character is mentioned in past tense in the books I picture you in my mind. Good luck with roles to come.

Avatar Image says:

just a guess, but people talking about this Twilight book probably should specify that you are talking about a “bella” from that book or whatever and not our Bella that we know from Harry Potter. may get confusing

Avatar Image says:

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice the similarities between Bella’s reaction when Edward left and Tonks’ reaction when Remus left?

Avatar Image says:

Okay, yeah that was me Eugenia with the lengthy I-don’t-like-Twilight-rant. I just feel like adding that I think he will be nice for the Twilight movies even though I dont’ like Twilight at all since he is such a good actor. Okay. :)

Avatar Image says:

Robert was a fantastic Cedric. One of the greatest casting choices made for the films, IMO.

I have to admit, I had never heard of the Twilight series before Leaky posted the news that Robert would be in the film. Thus far, I’ve only read the first one, and it’s…nothing special, really. Like many other posters, I got really fed up with Bella’s endless declarations of love. Though the action towards the end of the book was rather thrilling, lol.

Avatar Image says:

A movie about Salvador Dali, eh? They should do an Escher movie instead.

Avatar Image says:

I am a HUGE Twilight fan, and am extremely, extremely excited for this movie to come out. Of course, I’m hoping it doesn’t turn out quite as bad as other films that have been adapted from amazing novels coughcough but I think that Robert is going to be simply amazing as Edward.

Huzzah for Twilight :D

Avatar Image says:

The Twilight series is, to me, just a fun piece of literature and is addicting depending on your mood. I’m reading “Eclipse” right now, and it’s alright but a little annoying to read. I am not a huge fan of it becoming a movie, because I think that ruins the imagination- and plus, the first one has practically no plot. I like the second one, even though I really don’t like the character of Jacob and that is currently annoying me in “Eclipse”. For the first movie they’d have to change the script quite dramatically to make it into a blockbuster.Sorry if anyone thinks different. It’s just not a series I want to be seen made into a movie- the books are fine on their own.

Avatar Image says:

Did it not bother anyone else that he said something about Cedric being head boy? Cedric died in his 6th year, therefore he couldn’t of been headboy.

Avatar Image says:

^ No, that didn’t bother me. The interviewer perhaps asked him if he was ever prefect/head boy in his school career and possibly got their information about Cedric wrong.

Avatar Image says:

Robert’s perfect for the role of Edward. He dyed his hair well before the photo shoot of Twilight was schedule stating that it helped him be in character and focus. That shows how proffesional he is. I totally SUPPORT him. I wanted Gaspard Ulliel for the role at the beginning but Robert was an excelent choice and I never doubted about him. In fact I trusted again in Summit Entertainment because of him haha.

BTW I recommend to read Twilight series. I can’t get the books out of my head hahaha and I’m desperated to read Breaking Dawn. Even Emily Osment and Whoopi Goldberg are reading them hahaha.

Avatar Image says:

The Twilight series are some of the worst books I’ve ever read. It’s like stuff from fanfiction.net. Bleh.

Avatar Image says:

Twilight. Haven’t read it, though it sounds good. Maybe I’ll try it.

Avatar Image says:

I LOVED the HP series and was nearly devastated when it ended. I am currently reading the Twilight series for the 2nd time. (I never read any HP books twice). I absolutely LOVE the books (maybe it’s my fascination with vampires.) I totally understood how Bella felt in “New Moon” after the break-up. She was/is totally and completely in love with Edward. If you couldn’t understand where Bella was coming from….well….maybe you haven’t met that one person that makes your heart skip a beat or make you weak at the knees when they close to you. LOVE is a beautiful emotion but it can hurt like HELL when it abruptly comes to an end.

As for Robert playing Edward in the upcoming Twilight movie….I think he will be great!! I was excited to hear he took the part. I can totally see him as Edward. GOOD LUCK Robert in all your future success!! : )

EWWWW.

TWILIGHT.

Why, Robert, why?

Avatar Image says:

@BellaSnape: I know you’re biased because of your name, but I think we’re all on the same page. Why would anyone be talking about Bellatrix? How random would that be? lol.

Anyway, I remember reading New Moon was painful, so I understand some people’s opinions. But I missed the character Edward (Bella annoys me often), as well as the rest of the Cullen family. They’re the reason why I read. Though, I do give Bella a pass, because Edward and her are clearly above a high school romance. Her distraught state is qualified. (This is a different world. This is a guy who watches her sleep and has saved her life multiple times, they spend A LOT of the day together, etc. It’s intense.) Also, she eventually tried to move on, so she deserves some credit.

But I know, as a crazy HP fan, that Twilight will never be as great as HP. I know I may be biased, but even if I wasn’t an HP fan I know the facts are there. Twilight was my substitute in between HP books. It was a page turner not written impressively, but enjoyable nonetheless. I’ll see the movie, but I know where my heart lies.

Avatar Image says:

He is so handsome! I loved him as Cedric in GoF!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, Robert Pattinson was a pretty fantastic Cedric, all things considered. I do think that Cedric is probably harder character to play than he looks; after all, he’s a pretty-boy who has it all – looks, talent, popularity – and is therefore the type of person who it would be easy to resent (as, indeed, Harry does), but Robert nailed him, giving the right sense of honest, down-to-earth decency that makes you warm to him quite easily. It’s a shame that, by necessity, we won’t see him again…good to see he’s doing OK for himself anyway, though. :)

Avatar Image says:

I am just finishing up the 3rd Twilight book – these are a fun read but don’t come close to the HP series.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t really care that I’m being a crazy fang-girl (ha,ha) so…

OMGSQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEEEEEEESOOOOOOOOOOOHOTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, I really REALLY love Edward Cullen. (And I think Rob will do a great job, even though that’s not exactly how I pictured him) :)

Avatar Image says:

Ithink this is great.I love Rob in Ring of Nibelung(I think that is the name of the movie) and I adore him as Cedric.Go Rob,I hope you do a great job.

Avatar Image says:

Ok..its really stupid to bash the books,(Twilight), i have read both series, and liked both, I LOVE THE BOOKS TWILIGHT, they are good books, theres more than just bout love in it also, how about read them, and Eugenia its more bout how he respects girls, if u read the book than you would seen that also! But Rob will do wonderful!!!

Avatar Image says:

I guess wat im trying to say is, if you cant say nething nice bout the books than why say nething, thats not right, to sit here n mouth bout someones work, someone spent alot of time on, people out there enjoy, n some dont, of course thats gonna happen, the same with Harry Potter, but u shouldnt sit here n say how sucky it is, and how bad it is, cuz i dont c any of you publishing books do i?, nope!

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Johnna, you can’t argue about something that you know nothing about. Read the books, then come on here and say something. It’s logical logic. Stephenie Meyer went on and on about how ‘hot’ Edward is because to a human, he is amazingly gorgeous. Since it’s in Bella’s perspective and Bella is a human, she goes on and on about it. Edward is a romantic and that is why he is so attractive to teenagers, all of us girls are hopeless romantics.

Avatar Image says:

hahaha …. I totally didn’t see him as Edward, I was laughing for a week ….. had the hardest time finishing eclipse because i kept imagining him and my hands kept shaking.

couldn’t help it ….

but YEAH, Twilight has no plot and no offense but Robert’s acting wasn’t really spot on for GOF … so they kinda match (don’t hurt me)..... hrm …. maybe a fantasy romance will straighten him out ….

sure enough …. he’ll have screaming rabid teenageFANGIRLS running after him for the rest of his life.

Avatar Image says:

I love the twilight series and i try my best not to compare them to harry potter ever because they are two completely different series in my eyes and i love them both in different ways. Im really excited to see him in twilight and i was upset to hear that he got so much angry fan mail…

Avatar Image says:

Nicely put Johnna! You GO GIrlie!!!!

Avatar Image says:

i have to say i absoluetly LOVE the twilight books! they will definitely never ever beat harry potter to me, but i think they are great and i cant wait for the films! i think rob is a great actor…and i probably helps that he is pretty hot too ;)

Avatar Image says:

That’s cool, i didn’t no he was going 2 play Edward! I read Twilight cuz about half of the peaople in my class had read them and they all said they were really good. It’s not my favorite book, though. Harry Potter is still #1. Anyway, I can’t wait 2 see the movie!!! =]

Avatar Image says:

Robert Pattinson as Cedric Diggory has been juzz simply outstanding!!!the charisma of hiz marvellous acting haz captured so many hearts..ofcourse including mine! I juzz simply love him very very much…mah God ….he iz so handsome…so smart ‘n talented actor .I must concede here that he has done full justice to the character of ‘Cedric Diggory’ in harry potter ‘n the goblet of fire.’m sure he iz gonna be one of the most promising actor in the days to come…..i luv u soooooooooooooooo veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy muchhhhhhhhhhhhh…...NISTHA.

Avatar Image says:

My babysitter loves that series and she was looking it up when Robert Pattison came up and I said oh thats Cedric and thats how I found out. I can’t imagine him as a vampire though. Robert is handsome though.

Avatar Image says:

hay my school library has twilight, new moon, and eclipse( all of the twlight sieries) and i’ve read all of them i love those books . i’ll love that movie. Ahhhh…..edward and bella.

its a shame that robert wont be in any other HP movies
Avatar Image says:

im sorry but im like totaly upsest with vampires

Twilight???

OMG!! Since I have read HP ABOUT A DOZEN TIMES I started Twilight and read all three books in 3 days. My mom almost never left Barnes and Noble every time she came home i needed the next book!

Can’t wait!!

Avatar Image says:

Not to sound like a crazy obsessed fan girl, but…

TWILIGHT! <333333333 Now he’s my Hufflepuff AND Vampire hawtie!

OK, the teenage girl stuff will end now.

Avatar Image says:

i totally agree with amy. i could only get through a few pages, but i had to stop. so many people are saying its going to be the “next harry potter”. am i the only one in saying that the twilight series doesn’t hold a candle to hp?

Avatar Image says:

No, I doubt the Twilight books will ever catch up, in any way, to Harry Potter, although I take immense pleasure in reading the vampire series. The fact that it appeals mostly to teens, particularly girls, considerably narrows the amount of readers, as well. I hardly think they’re just for anyone to read. I mean, my brother barely tolerates HP. He might just projectile vomit at the storyline of Twilight itself. Also, adults might find it silly.

Avatar Image says:

I sort of think that anything that people say is going to be “the next Harry Potter” is really not going to happen. When Harry Potter first came out, no one was saying that it was going to be like the …. next Lord of the Rings or Narnia or something. I actually don’t think there will ever any quite like Harry Potter but if there is, people won’t be calling it the next Harry Potter, it will just sort of come out of nowhere. That said, I doubt that Twilight will ever reach the popularity of HP since it’s seems to appeal to girls more than boys in general, even though if is very popular.

I agree with what people have said about Bella lacking “girl power”, she mopes around a lot moaning about Edward and she seems a bit helpless and whiny at times. I don’t really think that Stephenie Meyer’s writing is really all that good. The books are okay for a quick, entertaining read but they don’t really seem to have all that much substance when you get down to it.

But I will not deny that Edward Cullen is COMPLETE vampire hottie.

Avatar Image says:

you have some good points there, emma. twilight doesn’t seem like it has much substance, except a romance plotline. the first time i heard that line “next harry potter” came from a inteview with stephanie meyer on the Today Show. the interviewer was saying that twilight was going to be the next hp. but by seeing the clearly dominant girl crowd of fans gathered around her, i think not.

Avatar Image says:

ok look this is how it is at my school twilight is the best book ever(SO not my opinion) Rob did good in harry potter! but i’v looked at resent pictures of him and the gal thats gonna play bella and she looks fine but…omg rob! not ur best pic ever dude! gosh i hope ur lokk better in the movie but…YIKES! no offense i lov yeh and all but…at my school we say that ” Movie Edward is ugly!” in sad to say that i agree with ur most recent pics but im sure you’ll look better on the big screen!(just thought i would let yeh know that u might want to get knewer better pics!) lov u guys!!! HP RULES,ROCKS,AND EVERYTHING INBETWEEN!!!!!<3

Avatar Image says:

Twilight is okay…they’ll never be like Harry Potter, not even near (c’mon, who doesn’t know who Harry Potter is?) but they’re pretty entertaining. I think we’re used to breathtaking plots and plot twists (like HP’s) so that’s why Twilight seems a bit… I don’t know…like something’s missing… maybe a plot? lol but yeah they’re pretty good!

you suck!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I think that Robert is the PERFECT Edward!!! he will do such a great job in the movie.

Avatar Image says:

hmm to be honest twilight really isn’t all that great…the general story of twilight is good but it really could’ve been written sooo much better. pretty much the whole book was edward and bella going all mushy with each other, asking each other of their background information, and saying stuff like ‘I love you, I would rather die than have you hurt’.....no offense but the stuff they say were soo corny and repetitive. there were no plot until like the last fifty pages. it was a bit irritating and i had to put it down for a while.

the only thing good about this is knowing robert pattinson was going to be in the movie…which got me to read the book in the first place. and since many ppl say that twilight was the better book of the other 3 or 4 books, and since i already dislike the first one, slim chance i’ll be reading the other ones

i’m not saying it’s absolutely horrible and should be banned…i just don’t think they’re what every fans praise them to be…

Avatar Image says: Twilight was too much like Underworld. There were too many similar plots and story lines. Teenagers are absolutely gushing over it as if its something totally new but the ideas and storylines are completely ripped from other sources. She didnt have a dream, she watched a movie and changed it to suit kids. It makes an ok read but it isnt original and it isnt as good as people go on about.

Write a Reply or Comment