PotterCast 140: Are YOU Smarter Than John Noe?

364

Feb 26, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The 140th episode of
PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is online this evening with the world premiere of “Are You Smarter Than John Noe?” where five callers match wits with our own John Dawlish. In the news this week, the PotterCast Trio talks of David Yates possibly returning to direct the “Deathly Hallows” film, the new scene added to the “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” film, and further HBP casting announcements. Along with this we have the latest Bit-by-Bit where we talk about Bill and Fleur’s wedding as well as the appearance of Xenophilius Lovegood and Luna. The topic of socks are on the minds of our Scribby5 girls, who discuss spoof essay “Sock It To Him” and update on their latest spoof essay call. Finally, the PotterCast Trio is joined by Meg from the SugarQuill to discuss the particulars of the upcoming PotterCast Acting Troupe. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Are YOU Smarter Than John Noe?”

- The first edition of ˜Are You Smarter Than John Noe?’
- First Bit of Chapter 8 ’ Bill and Fleur’s wedding.
- Official Acting Troupe announcements and audition deadlines. Act quick!
- Record yourself as one of the characters.
- Speaking of acting¦ Movie 6 news!

RT: 1:12:59

Editors: Stede Bonnett, Samantha McManus, Liz Turney and Andrew Garner

Scribbulus
LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (33 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (8 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

52 Responses to PotterCast 140: Are YOU Smarter Than John Noe?

Avatar Image says:

FIRST TO COMMENT!!! :) Cool!

Downloading now…

Have a great night everyone! :P

Avatar Image says:

Second to Comment! Cool! wow! never been 1st or second b4.

downloading now too! what new scnene in hbp and are they still doing dh in 2 prts?

COOL. 3rd

Avatar Image says:

Downloading as soon as it shows up on my iTunes. Can’t wait to hear it. I’ve actually been waiting all weekend for this, showing how much of a life I DON’T have xD. You guys rock!

Avatar Image says:

How about Hugh Laurie for Xeno Lovegood? I want to see Hugh in HP!

Avatar Image says:

Caracticus: I like that idea. Hugh Laurie is a genius and an amazing actor, that’d be great.

Avatar Image says:

Yates back for DH. . . . I’m going to scream and have a tantrum.

Avatar Image says:

I so am auditioning for the troupe

In a word… yes.

Avatar Image says:

great episode guys—really funny, i was laughing out loud at “Are You Smarter Than John Noe”

Avatar Image says:

Ahhhh! I could have dominated “Are You Smarter Than John Noe?” I was in hysterics the whole time and shouting the answers aloud, earning many funny looks for my family. But I names ten Hufflepuffs in about 20 seconds,at least seven Fred and George products, and Snape’s parents. Good job everyone who played though (: “Hibbidy Dibbidy” = best Beetle the Bard story XD

Avatar Image says:

Bit by bit really touched on something important about the use of Polyjuice Potion in the Deathly Hallows. After I read the book the first couple of times I realized that if the movie(s) match the scenes from the book that use Polyjuice then Dan Rupert and Emma aren’t going to get to do some of the most exciting scenes in the movie.

Dan only gets to do “The 7 Harrys”

Dan doesn’t get to do “The Wedding”

None of them get to do the Ministry or Godric’s Hollow

Emma doesn’t only gets to do half of “Gingotts”

Avatar Image says:

As a wannabe voice actor I’m jumping with excitement about auditioning – what address do we send the auditions to, exactly?

Avatar Image says:

hahaha andy was hysterical, i loved him, he sounded mortified when john said ifrit fire or whatever kudos to him

Avatar Image says:

TEASING US WITH EMARGO TALK! WHY?!

Avatar Image says:

Cool!! I’m downloading now!!!

Awesome!

yay,LOVE Pottercast!! :)

Avatar Image says:

Do you know what is Pottercast? Can you explain? I live in Russia and I do not understand what it is

Avatar Image says:

have I missed 139 ? I live for PotterCast you guys are awesome !

Avatar Image says:

Dont get me wrong, i LOVE Hugh Laurie. but i really dont think that he would be a good actor for these movies.. other wise, amazing actor! i love watching House (:

cant wait to hear the next PotterCast !!

Avatar Image says:

Haven’t commented in a while, so here goes! @Sarah Weasley:Don’t get your cart before your horse! Let’s wait and see how Mr Yates does with’HBP’. WE could be suprised…at least YOU will [perhaps] Personally, I thiink he’s a great choice. JMHO

Avatar Image says:

I lost my voice screaming out the answers to the questions!

Avatar Image says:

Christopher Lloyd is still alive, and I think he would be perfect for Xeno.

awesome

For anastasia.

Privet. Nadeyus chto ti poymesh eto. Moy Ruskiy ne ochen horoshiy. Na Pottercaste oni obsedovuyut vse o Harry Potter. Oni raskazivuyut novosti pro filmi, naprimer kto budet v novim filmi igraya kovo, y potom obseduvuyut chast knigi dari smerti. Potom yest Scribbly5, gde oni obseduvuyut sochineniye kotoriye ludi posilayut im. A kontze, nu, bivayut razni veshi. V samim novim pottercaste, oni sozdali novuyu igru, gde oni zvonyat ludem i sprashivayut u nih i u johna odin vopros. Kto pravilno otvechaet viigrivaet.

Ya chitayu chto eto ochen interesniy i smeshnoy. Stoit poslushat.

Avatar Image says:

can i make a small suggestion…...I love the whole pottercast and im speaking in general here. i have listened to them all ….until we get to scribbulus….I cringe….sorry ladies…..I know you have to write things down to know what your going to say….but its just so scripted….i hate to be harsh….but maybe try just talking…this way it wouldnt sound so very scripted.

Avatar Image says:

Are You Smarter than John Noe? was hilarious with a capital H, you guys are geniuses (pun completely intended). I heart you John!

Avatar Image says:

NO NO NO I love the giver but for those of u who have read it u just cant turn it into a movie, it just cant be done!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

If you aren’t convinced Hugh Laurie could do a great Xeno Lovegood, you should watch his older work, specifically “Fry & Laurie” in which he co-stars a sketch comedy with Stephen Fry. It’s so good, and it show off his wacky side that ‘House’ doesn’t portray.

YYYAYYYY ! finallyyy. [`d]

Avatar Image says:

I know that she is probably busy filming or at school, but if you want to have a amazing round of “are you smarter than John Noe?” then you have get one person and one person only. Miss Evanna Lynch.

Avatar Image says:

I think Chloe should demand a recount on the Beedle the Bard question, which was the four tales mentioned by Ron. One of John’s was The WarLock’s Hairy Heart, which is the tale Jo added later and not mentioned by Ron, so the score on that round was actually 2-2

Avatar Image says:

What about The Phoenix Files?

Avatar Image says:

yay…i so look forward to new PotterCasts! they entertain me while i work. to answer Anastasia, PotterCast is a podcast produced by Leaky that discusses Harry Potter news, fan culture, films, and, of course, the books. it’s the best Harry Potter podcast available. it’s available for download (only in English, as far as I know) on itunes or from the PotterCast website.

Avatar Image says:

Confederate Lady, I’ll give Mr. Yates one more chance with HBP, but I was highly unimpressed with OotP. And I really am not pleased with the fact he’d adding in a scene to HBP that isn’t in the book when he could be spending that time and money to stick a lot closer to the book than he did in the last movie. I’ll give him another chance, and I’ll be fair, but I just think adding another scene is a mistake. There is plenty he could use from the book without having to add anything in. Perhaps I’ll be surprised though, who knows. ;)

Avatar Image says:

Wow, that’s so weird. I’m currently rereading After the End (I read it a loooong time ago), and I’m loving it just as much as I did bthe first time. I’m really glad Meg is coming back to write for this next generation thing. She’s an amazing writer.

I do have one question though… is this thing only going to have the next gen kids or will their parents be involved too? It would seem so weird to not have a Harry.

Avatar Image says:

was john serius (hehe) about the scene in Half blood prince? with bellatrix and death Eaters?

it seemed serious, but you never know with john…

Yes he was I’ve read that scene. It’s true

Avatar Image says:

That was a GREAT episode! “Are you smarter than John Noe?” Gosh, I was laughing so hard! And great jingle ;-)

Avatar Image says:

You guys should have Headmaster Neville Longbottom!!!

Avatar Image says:

What made this episode for me was the Final Fantasy mention.

John, my love for you has grown by leaps and bounds. xD

Anyways, a great episode, as always~.

Avatar Image says:

I think Professor McGonagall would be a perfect headmistress. Heck, I might read for her for the SugarQuill.

By the way, Vote for Leaky on Podcast Alley!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic episode as always guys, cant wait for the next one.

Avatar Image says:

I’m thinking Sprout for Headmistress. If Neville’s in Herbology, it’s a good chance. =-D

Avatar Image says:

Am I the only one who can’t get this do download?

Avatar Image says:

Am I the only one who can’t get this to download?

Avatar Image says:

Did anyone catch how we record ourselves for the audition and where we send it to?

Seriously, I think John is smarter than me :(

Avatar Image says:

So I always listen to you guys when traveling to school. I listened to this eposide while traveling back home today. And it’s getting funnier and funnier and suddenly Sue screams that THEY DIDN’T THROW HOUSE-ELVES!!!! I laughed out loud in the bus! Omg, i was ashamed and coughed it away, but couldn’t stop smiling. :P

Oh, and… I didn’t know at all that she was the author of After The End. But years ago i was on the sugar quill a lot and everybody said that this story had to be read. I wasn’t that much into fanfiction but i printed the whole thing as well!! So i thought when they were trying to remember the title that it was that and i was right!! :) yay Ok, i’m typing too much! (first time responding though ;))

Avatar Image says:

Saw someone on imdb suggest Michael Palin for Xeno. Love that idea.

Avatar Image says:

Hey… loved the pottercast… when is the next one comming out? I laugh every time that they said about flinging house elves… it was hilarious…

Avatar Image says: i'm keeping my fingers crossed for hugh laurie as xenopilius!!! glad to see some like-minded folks! XD

Write a Reply or Comment