Prince Charles Tells Julie Walters He Loves the Harry Potter films

118

Feb 28, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Actress Julie Walters was made CBE today at ceremonies held at Buckingham Palace in London, England, where the Harry Potter actress received this special honor from the Prince of Wales. Julie Walters, who portrays Molly Weasley, was made “Commander of the British Empire” at the ceremony, and upon presenting the award for her services to drama in the UK, Prince Charles told the actress how much he enjoyed the Harry Potter films. The Daily Mail reports:

“The Prince said he loved the Potters and said what great films they were and what great fun they were. “Then I told him I’m writing my memoirs at the moment and he said ‘oh you must have the editors constantly on’ and I said yes I know, ‘constantly saying have you got it done, how much more have you written’ – so he really got into that one.”

At this link you can read more and see a photo of Julie Walters with the Prince of Wales. You can learn more about these honors which are given to recognise exceptional achievement or service in the UK via this link. Congratulations Julie Walters!

34 Responses to Prince Charles Tells Julie Walters He Loves the Harry Potter films

Cool. Julie Walters is a greet actress

Avatar Image says:

I wonder if he’s read the books…

Avatar Image says:

This is fantastic BUT Julie should be a Dame by now.

Hey congratulations Julie!

Well, at least we know that the Prince has good taste in Movies and First Wives!

Avatar Image says:

Prince Charles likes the Harry Potter films?? Seems a bit weird. Anyway, congrats to Mrs. Walters.

Avatar Image says:

Rereading HP7 at the mo….can’t wait to see Julie as Molly then! Then again, I hope we get a few minutes of someone’s wedding. We need the movie to start on a high bright joyous note, so we can see it all go tumbling down…. And Julie would shine at such a moment!

Avatar Image says:

Ha ha! That made me laugh! Thats awesome! Congrats to Mrs. Walters!

Haha Cat, well said :)

Avatar Image says:

Do you think the Queen’s read Harry Potter? That’s quite funny.

Congrats Julie! That’s really cool ;D

Avatar Image says:

Maybe he’s the REAL Half-Blood Prince!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations, Julie Walters, for securing such marvelous recognition!

Avatar Image says:

Very well deserved! I have loved Julie Walters ever since “Educating Rita”

Nice to know that Prince Charles has good taste in movies!

Avatar Image says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA…...that’s so funny!!!! But I think he didn’t even watch the films. And he only knows that Harry is a wizard. HAHAHA but anyway-very funny.

I love Julie Walters!!! OMG-in Driving lessons-awesome!

Congratulations Julie…

YOU’RE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Remmber, Dan, Emma and Rupert made a charity short movie for the Queens birthday “missing handbag story”. So I guess the monarchy likes the films! Hopefully Julie Walters gets her momentous screen moment in Deathly Hallows. Gosh, quite a few characters will get their badass moment: Hagrid mid air dive off the motorbike in true Die hard style , Mcgonall’s supreme war charge and face off with the headmaster, Neville’s grandmother “excuse me while I go help my grandson” (well maybe not as she is never brought into the films)

Avatar Image says:

By the way CBE is second honour to Dame. These are the honours in order: MBE (Member of the British Empire), OBE (officer of the British Empire), CBE (Commander of the British Empire), Knight or Dame Lord. So when the heck is our Jo going to be Dame or at least be awarded a CBE? Not sure if she even got an MBE, anyone know?

Avatar Image says:

Woo!!! I can’t wait to see her pwn Bella: “NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!!!!”

Avatar Image says:

Professor Potter – JK Rowling is an Officer of the Britsh Empire :)

Avatar Image says:

I thought OBE was Order of the British Empire not Officer.

Anyway, well done Julie. I loved her in Educating Rita and especially remember her in Acorn Antiques and also the Two Soups sketch, which is one of the funniest comedy sketches ever.

Avatar Image says:

well I never, you learn something new every day! OBE is Officer. Order of the British Empire is the general term used to describe all of them.

thats cool=]=]

**Cool factt;;; US Presidential Candidate Barack Obama said in us weekly that he reads HP with his daughterr=]

Avatar Image says:

Thats right, Anne, they are all orders of the british Empire. And I just learnt from Amy that Jo has an OBE ! A belated congratulations there, dont how I missed that news ! But congrats to Julie who thoroughly deserves her accolade/

well deserverd aewsome yayyyyyy

Avatar Image says:

Professor Potter – I actually didn’t know until recently either! But she was made an OBE back in 2000 when I think most of us weren’t hardcore fans, so that might be why it’s a relatively unknown fact. If anyone wants confirmation, I found the BBC article from 2000 listing the people who were honoured that year – http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/793844.stm

Oh and Nina, thanks for the Obama tidbit, that’s so cool. =)

Avatar Image says:

I was following the links and found that Julie Walters was the delightful star of “Educating Rita” opposite Michael Caine. An Absolutely wonderful film about the changes in a 20-something young woman who elects to continue her education. If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations to Ms. Walters! I can’t wait for the Hallows movie and see her as Molly in that! It’s going to a class act!! And yeah, royalty does seem enraptured by HP. I remember that short movie Professor Potter!

Avatar Image says:

This comes out the same day it is announced Prince Harry is serving in Iraq and Afghanistan??? What the heck?????

It is Order of the BE

IAs it so happens, I will have an opportunity during 2008, to ask The Queen if she has read the books. But we will see if the occasion is appropriate at that time.

Avatar Image says:

That’s true, educating Rita was a really good movie. I think I’ve seen it thrice, but I still love it. Calender girls was good too. And what about ‘driving lessons’. I still haven’t seen that one.

Avatar Image says:

I recommend her on Victoria Wood show (including Acorn Antiques and the ‘Two Soups’ sketch). He comic acting is brilliant. (I have Educ Rita on dvd as well).

I reckon Jo will be upgraded to another Order at some point in the future.

Avatar Image says:

It´s nice that Prince Charles likes the HP movies, that shows once more that HP is for all ages and all social clases. And the books are verrry britisch.

Sometimes I can´t understand fully what Jo means when she describes some particular event. It´s thanks to friends in England who explain me the full meanings that I can follow the jokes or situations.

Avatar Image says:

Anne: The Honour itself is called The Order of the British Empire and the MBE, OBE, and CBE are ranks within that; so the correct style is Member of the Order of the British Empire, Officer of the Order of the British Empire and Commander of the Order of the British Empire. HTH.

Congratulations to Julie Walters on being made a CBE. Truly one of our best loved actresses.

Avatar Image says:

...and let’s not forget that she was also brilliant in “Billy Elliot”! I love that movie!

Write a Reply or Comment