J.K. Rowling Updates Site, Says Not on Facebook, MySpace

101

Feb 29, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Our favorite author has updated her website this morning, with a new entry in the Rumors category, dispelling any notion that she has a MySpace, Bebo, Facebook page or takes part in any of the popular social networking sites. Jo writes:

No, sorry, not even one of them, though they do seem to lead very exciting lives, these fake J K Rowlings. I like to imagine them partying with all my imaginary friends (‘a close friend confided…’) in some bright and shiny alternative universe. But meanwhile, on planet earth, the dull human J K Rowling hasn’t got, and has never had, a profile on MySpace, Bebo or any similar site.

Thanks Bel!

27 Responses to J.K. Rowling Updates Site, Says Not on Facebook, MySpace

Avatar Image says:

It was obvious none of the profiles were her, but I’m glad she addressed it. Maybe a few people will be discouraged from making fake profiles? I can only hope.

Avatar Image says:

.. i thought bebo was for persons under the age of 14…

Avatar Image says:

She could address this until the cow’s came home. People who make fake profiles can never be discouraged. They refuse to live in the real world to begin with. I’m not a bit surprised to learn she doesn’t partake of such nonsense. Who needs a computer social network when you turn off the machine, get out, and make some real friends?

Avatar Image says:

“Who needs a computer social network when you turn off the machine, get out, and make some real friends?”

said the girl posting on the internet? ;-)

j/k

Avatar Image says:

Well it must really bother Jo if she puts it on her site. Glad she decided to have one so she can put things in the right focus.

Avatar Image says:

“in some bright and shiny alternative universe.”

hahahaha. I love Jo so so very much.

Avatar Image says:

:D I love these small updates she gives! Though most people knew this,it’s just the sheer fun way she writes it…love you Jo!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh G! I believed the profile on Myspace was real, I even read an article about it in an important newspaper of my country (= Italy)...

Hahahaha I love her!

Avatar Image says:

has someone noticed that the “Don’t disturb” sign IS BACK on the secret door????

Avatar Image says:

“I like to imagine them partying with all my imaginary friends (‘a close friend confided…’) in some bright and shiny alternative universe.”

cracks a rib Amazing!!!

Avatar Image says:

Hahahaha brilliant! Love u, Jo!

Avatar Image says:

are there any more movies going to be made?

Avatar Image says:

LMAO, god she’s hilarious. :D And yeah, nothing will discourage posers… but hopefully this will discourage other people from believing them.

Avatar Image says:

Jo is so hysterical! I did set up a MySpace account, though, so I could easily contact my Harry Potter friends who are far away and coordinate activities with the “real friends” that play Quidditch together every Sunday afternoon. It definately has a convenience factor. But, then again, I don’t have my own personal webspace and thousands of loyal followers who check it regularly…

Avatar Image says:

I don’t blame her one bit! I have a facebook profile and it is so annoying! (Yes, I should get rid of it, it really is a waste of time). Most of these places are often nameless people ‘posing’ to use a phrase already stated here, after the initial excitement wears off they are just another reason for not getting out and meeting people face to face.

Good on you, Jo!

Avatar Image says:

ROFLMAO! No doubt. Well, I will say this: Jo is a very savvy lady. I would imagine the LAST place you’d find her would be on MySpace or Facebook. After all, who wants their “inbox” filled with pleas for information and rants about the “latest…[insert item here]...I believe[if i’m not horribly mistaken] that is why she has her own website with “sites” to look at. I use Facebook and MySpace, to keep in touch with friends and relatives, who live a good distance away.[Several states away.] I have plenty of “real” friends and I am a reenactor, so I spend a LOT of time really “meeting” people….face to face! You go, Jo. The “real world” is SO much nicer! :D

Avatar Image says:

LOL. Jo, you are so my hero. :)

Avatar Image says:

No, no… I am the real J.K. Rowling. Aye. And if you believe that I have a bridge to Brooklyn to sell ya. See how easy it is to abuse the internet. No, I am not J.K. I am just prentending to be (very badly). lol. It just seems so appropriate in this post. Cheers to all. But really, don’t believe everything you read, unless its in a Harry Potter Novel.

Avatar Image says:

Crud! I swear it was the real JKR who slapped me with a trout and gave me a fuzzy navel on facebook a couple of days back.

Avatar Image says:

bwahahaha. Oh, JKR, you’re a funny one. Though, imagine the look on her face should she get an invitation for one of those random Facebook applications like “Which House Are You In?” or “Which Harry Potter Character Are You??” XD Hi-larious.

Avatar Image says:

darn..and i thought i friended her ; )

Avatar Image says:

It’s funny, I saw one of them once on myspace and they kept on saying that they were the actual Jo but the about me section was strangely in the 3rd person XD eg. J.k Rowling won this award and that award in such and such year (XD)

One wasn’t very convinced lol

Oh my stars, I love Jo.

Avatar Image says:

chuck out the fakes. HAHA well done Jo, but to be honest how dumb do you have to believe it’s hers

Avatar Image says:

jo is my friend on my facebook…i’ve been stumped!

jk…. :)

Avatar ImageG.Weasley says: PLEASE TELL ME THIS CHANGED!

Write a Reply or Comment