Helen McCrory Filming This Week as Narcissa Malfoy for “Half-Blood Prince”

113

Mar 04, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Actress Helen McCrory is filming her scenes this week in her role as Narcissa Malfoy in the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince”. Actor Damian Lewis, the husband of Helen McCrory, appeared on ITV’s This Morning television program, and said his wife was “extremely excited” about playing the part, and has “been on all the blogs, looking at how much more excited everyone else is” about this and the upcoming movie. You can watch the video of his appearance on the morning talk show here via You Tube (the brief comments about Harry Potter are at the very end of the interview).

Thanks Raadhika and The Daily Snitcher!

“And, should it prove necessary…if it seems Draco will fail…’ whispered Narcissa (Snape’s hand twitched within hers, but he did not draw away), ‘will you carry out the deed that the Dark Lord has ordered Draco to perform?” There was a moment’s silence. Bellatrix watched, her wand upon their clasped hands, her eyes wide. ‘I will,’ said Snape. Bellatrix’s astounded face glowed red in the base of a third tongue of flame, which shot from the wand, twisted with the others and bound itself thickly around their clasped hands, like a rope, like a fiery snake.”
-Chapter 2 “Spinner’s End,” Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

53 Responses to Helen McCrory Filming This Week as Narcissa Malfoy for “Half-Blood Prince”

Avatar Image says:

SO COOL! Its about time we get some news on this film coming in, this is several things in two days. YAY! :)

Avatar Image says:

...is she going to be blonde? i know, dumb question, but I haven’t been following the movie news.

AWESOME!!!

Avatar Image says:

ooooooooooooo. does anybody know what she looks like. CANT wait for hbp.

Avatar Image says:

I love her already for being excited!!!

Avatar Image says:

Cool. That means they’re probably going to be filming the Spinner’s End scene because that’s the only scene Narcissa is in besides that brief encounter with the trio in Madame Malkins and I don’t know if that’s big enough to be in the movie.

Avatar Image says:

This is quite exciting! I am still of the opinion [Yankee ignorance, pardon] that Angelica Huston would have been a great choice [I am currently watching ‘EverAfter’ with the lady, herself. However, she is decidedly American, and therefore, could not be considered [waaa!] I look so forward to seeing Ms McRory. [and, yes, anyone who asks: I would imagine that she will be blonde, as the description is ”...as light and pale as her sister is dark”...kind of a “no brainer” ‘eh?] Time approaches! YIKES!!!! :D

Avatar Image says:

Well, At last. Some semi-Draco news. oO Love Narcissa. This is good to know, but I won’t be happy until I’ve seen some pics.

ya-ay. spinner’s end!

also, can we find a part for damian lewis? pls?

squee

Helen is excited! that makes me excited! I love it when an actor really truly appreciates their job….

iiieeeehhhhhhhhhiiiieeeeeee I NEED some pics (real ones, no photoshopped ones.. i’m done with those!) soon!

Avatar Image says:

woooo shes excitedd thats gd news cant wait till they release pictures of the characters and stuff :):)

Avatar Image says:

YAY! She’s doing or that scene with Snape or scene in Diagon alley-with Draco,Harry,Hermione,Ron-I think….

Avatar Image says:

Oh, dear… I hope she was not discouraged by all the negativity her casting provoked from the fans. She doesn’t deserve that kind of treatment. No one does.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, so if for any reason they need a stand-in for that Spinner’s End scene, they can SO call me up, anytime day or night. I’ll apparate in a heartbeat.

Avatar Image says:

Aww well I wasn’t overjoyed about her being cast at first, but it’s nice to see one of the adult actors is actually enthusiastic about their part. I’m sure she’ll be great. :) And she is one VERY lucky woman for getting to film that Spinner’s End scene with Alan Rickman…

Avatar Image says:

while the description in the book does say she’s blonde, it doesn’t mean hollywood will follow that..that is why asked Confederate Lady.

They tend to not always follow book descriptions..

Avatar Image says:

AWESOMENESS< SPINNER’S END IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHAPTERS!!!

Avatar Image says:

oh yes. yippee. color me thrilled. yet another brilliant casting choice.

I don’t suppose they gave her a face lift first?

yanno. I think I’m just finally tired of going to see these re-written, loosely based on the books films. Thankfully, the new Indiana Jones movie comes out this year so I’ll have something done well that’s fun to watch.

Avatar Image says:

I’m so excited about this movie, particularly these scenes. I loved Spinner’s End. :D

I just feel bad for her coming on blogs and stuff, cuz there have been so many negative comments about her casting …. see, people should be nicer online. :)

Avatar Image says:

Good old Narcissa. I did come to love her. She was the only one of the parents who cared that her child could be dead. So cant be that bad.

I couldnt be over anxious could i?

Avatar Image says:

YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Thank you Helen , I love you as Narcissa, dont please let those peoples igonrant comments get in your mind and spoil your thoughts- your the best and cant wait to see you! She is very lucking she gets to hold Alans hand- or clasp it I should say! what I wounldnt give. Good luck dear.

She’s reading the blogs.

Uh-oh, some people were too harsh on their comments about her.

Avatar Image says:

So exciting because I think she is a terrific actress but I hope she didn’t go on the IMDB when she was looking at all the blogs. Most people on there are so against her playing Narcissa. If it was me I would hate to see what people wrote considering many comments have been really harsh.

I wonder if she has been on Leaky. The comment here haven’t exactly been glowing either.

Avatar Image says:

that gets me really happy when the actors are happy about harry potter=]]

Avatar Image says:

waiiiiit. correct me if im wrong, but doesnt the movie come out on NOVEMBER 21st?

“Yay! Movie news! So excited!!!! I already have plans to go to the dec. 21 midnight showing!!! squeeee!!”

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, it’s November 21st, 2008. Just to make it crystal clear.

And this is great, she definitely looks the part so I’m excited to see her in it.

I really hope they give us an idea of when the teaser trailer will be coming out- before what movies anyway. I really don’t think it’ll be out in theaters or online until around May or June. But it’d be nice of WB to give us a date of release! * hint hint *

Avatar Image says:

People- now I feel ashamed for those who critcised her in a truely terrible fashion, I really hope that she can just igonre those vicious comments. Really makes me want to cry- I would if I were her, but Im a little sensitive. Well certainly goes to show you outspoken people that what goes around comes around. and back to bite you. CHIN UP Helen!!

P.S. I apologize now if I get annoying

Avatar Image says:

Its always lovely to see an actress truly thrilled about their job. An actors job, and really the entertainment business in general, is a different breed of work than the “regular” jobs out there in that you can get excited in a different way. She gets to go to work everyday and be married to Jason Isaacs’ wife and the mother to Tom Felton. Heck, that’s a pretty darn good job! Not to mention her sister is Helena Bonham Carter! Her husband’s a BAMF, her son’s no shlub and her sister is the favorite of the most dangerous wizard of all time. Oh yeah and her cousin was wanted for murdering 13 people before being killed by her sister in a huge battle! Um…awesomeness.

I do feel awful if she is reading boards. I know many people don’t believe that the actors, directors, editors etc come on the boards and read what people are saying about them, but they do. I hope that this brings about a small change in the way people criticize on the boards. Hopefully under the realization that what they are saying could hurt those they are talking about.

Avatar Image says:

YEA MOVIE NEWS!!!!!!!! AND YAY ANS SQUEEEEE!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

YAY MOVIE NEWS!!!!! AND YAY AND SQUEEEE!!

Avatar Image says:

Nia: ur right i was thinking of twilight. thats dec. 12! I guess i conbined the dates. OOPS.

Typo corrected

Avatar Image says:

I, too, love it when actors are excited to play their Harry Potter roles! That usually bodes well. Best of luck to her and everyone working on the movie. Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

Avatar Image says:

I really, really hope that she will come back to play Narcissa in the last movie and not just drop out because of what she has read from unkind people who are unwilling to give her a chance. PLEASE come back for the Deathly Hallows movie too. We dont like it when they switch actors. I just hope that it is not to late, that she is discouraged from what she has read. GUYs who made this terrible mistake of negativity please for the next movie lets just wait to make judgement, think about it from your own perspective- put yourself in her/ his place, or whoever gets casted because we seem to do this alot.

Avatar Image says:

BellaSnape, she’s a big girl, I’m pretty sure she can deal with some disappointed fans. Also, her husband said she’s enjoying reading the comments from people, and that she’s excited about the role. Really I think she’ll be okay.

She’ll get on with Jason Isaacs, then, won’t she? heh

Avatar Image says:

I am really excited for the Half-Blood Prince. My first glimpse of Helen McRory was in the movie, “The Queen”. She happened to be the new Prime Minister’s wife in the movie. She’s everything I saw Narcissa have, her face structure just fits my image.

Avatar Image says:

I guess it’s good to hear that she’s really excited playing Narcissa!...I hope she does the part true justice just like HBC did to Bellatrix!.....And can’t wait to see how she looks like as Narcissa!.....And hopefully Yates didn’t ruin HBP just like he did the last one!.....

Avatar Image says:

I don’t know much about Helen McCrory, but it is reassuring that she is excited about her role. I am so anxious for this film to come out!

BTW, isn’t Damian Lewis absolutely delicious? I fell in love with him when he was in Band of Brothers.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !

Avatar Image says:

That is really interesting point Ria Mr and Mrs Malfoy both are very excited and egar to be in the Harry Potter movies- she must be a perfect match! thanks xb, I am just kind of motherly when it come to these kind of situations- I worry about how others will think- even for them. I’ll be quiet now I promise LOL

Avatar Image says:

I’m very much looking forward to seeing “Spinner’s End” – I’m sure Rickman, Bonham-Carter and McCroy will be absolutely brilliant!!!

This castings is SO WRONG

The part of Narcissa will ALWAYS belong to Naomi Watts….

Avatar Image says:

@ Lyserg- be alittle more openminded or get a life. Im sick of people saying that and Im sure alot of others are as well. I dont do shouting matches so this is all I have to say. SHE is Narcissa, get over it. Dont delete this post either staff this is as nice as I can get- believe me.

Avatar Image says:

That means they r keeping spinner’s end which means Bella!!!!!!! I love helena bonham carter!!!!

Avatar Image says:

She might not be blonde. Remember Dudley and Petunia? They are supposed to be blonde too, but in the films they’re actually dark-haired.

Avatar Image says:

I’m having a little laugh at the moment. Picture Helen and Jason with identical wigs ;)

Avatar Image says:

something tells me Malfoys have to be blonde and pale, so Im positve she will be.

Oooh yes!

I can’t WAIT for a trailer to come outtttt!

Avatar Image says:

heck, i’d be “extremely excited” if i was named boy with wand number four as long as i was in the movie

Avatar Image says:

If they didn’t bother making Harry’s eyes green, or making sure Harry’s father (in the flashbacks) and Harry had the same unkempt black hair, I don’t think they’re going to be too concerned about whether Narcissa Malfoy has blonde hair.

Avatar Image says:

I find it funny that I even have to say this: she will be BLONDE. Why you guys think otherwise is a little beyond me, just cause they have missed minor looks in characters doesn’t mean they are going to let this one slide. They deserve a little more credit than that. The makeup people are very good on the Harry Potter set, they will make her look like Narcissa- when Jason comes out of costume from looking like Lucius you could hardly tell it was him except his eyes, he has as dark of hair, but malfoys do have blonde hair, no worries.

Avatar Image says:

She has to be a great actress cause she has so cool parth(I don’t know why,but i always liked the Malfoys)anyway,I can’t wait to watch the movie and I hope that it’ll be better than the HPOP

Avatar ImagegaylebathanHP says: she looks pretty in the trailers and pictures right??

Write a Reply or Comment