114

Mar 15, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

There is new video online tonight from last month’s filming for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at Gloucester Cathedral in England. Cable channel E! broadcast a new interview with actors Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), and Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) that included new footage of scenes featuring Harry and Ron walking through the corridors between classes, where Ron says “I don’t want to take potions.” In the interview Tom Felton gives positive news to fans who are anxious about key elements remaining in the movie, as he says that after reading the book and comparing it to the script, he really can’t tell where there has been an obvious cut. We also hear more from Rupert and Dan in this new interview, which you can watch here in our galleries.

“Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” continues production in England, and will be released November 21, 2008. Thanks much to Raadhikah and theDailySnitcher!

62 Responses to Half-Blood Prince Location Filming Video and Interview with Tom Felton, Rupert Grint and Dan Radcliffe

Avatar Image says:

That was so awesome to watch. I love Rupert, “But I don’t want to take potions.” <33

Avatar Image says:

SECTUMSEMPRA!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!! sorry, i just like saying it.

Avatar Image says:

that was fun looking great-looking forward to seeing the film-Nov is a long way off Dan looks and sound wonderful and looking where they are filming—like going back home

Avatar Image says:

that was fun looking great-looking forward to seeing the film-Nov is a long way off Dan looks and sound wonderful and loving where they are filming—like going back home

Avatar Image says:

this looks amazing…..........with the robes…...so cool!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

urg man, this is not helping me…

i cant wait until november. :-D

-MBW

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Tom you were a BIG help- if the actors cant tell the difference then we certainly shouldnt worry about it. This is making me even more excited, I wonder how he likes his newly casted mother? But Im very very eager to see this November cant come soon enough for us!!!!! Rupert- I dont want to take potions! Dan looks dapper in that one quick scene.

Avatar Image says:

IF someone could tell me: Why wasn’t Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) present?

Avatar Image says:

I’m sure American child stars and those around them are doing the best they can, even though they aren’t blessed to live in England.

Avatar Image says:

I know Rupert is shy, but why can’t he give a straight answer to a question??

The interviewer asks him what’s included in the movie from the book; what key things were kept in? And Rupert just answers “er ya it is quite a big book, its actually one of my favourite ones”, and then scratches his head. Wtf?

Avatar Image says:

Thanks starfish for reminding us on a fanatical Harry Potter site who Emma Watson is!! Only joking

Avatar Image says:

I can tell you things that were cut and I haven’t even seen the script, just the list of cast. What’s T.F. talking about?

Avatar Image says:

whyyyy are they shooting in a new ‘cathedral’? what was wrong with the original castle that has been Hogwarts since the Socerer’s Stone? Are they planning on using that castle in this movie? they better, they changed so much crap in the last movie it was unrecognizable compared to the book. they should keep it as close to the books as possible in my opinion-i mean, they aree multi-million/billion dollar selling books, but i am glad to hear they’re sticking to the book more in this movie than last. but can someone please explain to me the catheral?

Avatar Image says:

sighhhhhhh I want it all..now. HBP DH 1 and 2….. what day is it? when can I see this stuff? Not til NOVEMBER! awww comon! someone help me. more more more. gimmee harry n hogwarts and all that now!

@Confused

They’re going back to the one that was used in PS and CoS. There was a different one used in PoA, GoF, and OoTP.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, awesome! Thanks to Tom for clearing stuff up, because now I’m sure they haven’t too much of the key stuff!! I can’t wait till November!!

Avatar Image says:

@Confused: I think they’ve used the cathedral a number of times, they have a fair few different locations that make up Hogwarts, not just one castle!

Also I don’t know how far Tom can be trusted to say that very little has been cut lol. Actors don’t always have the same opinions as crazy fans :P Still, it sounds promising!

Avatar Image says:

Woo-hoo! It starts! In dribs and drabs, and sudden huge explosions, the publicity machine begins its work. ~ dances ~

Also: 250 DAYS!

Gosh I love this fandom! \o/

Avatar Image says:

Well if Tom doesn’t think anything major has been cut, I don’t think we have to worry.

Aaaaaaargh Rupert drives me insane. Why can’t he speak CLEARLY? He just mutters and scratches his head, no wonder he got cut off AGAIN. And he didn’t even answer the question!!

Avatar Image says:

O-M-G! They actually made Harry look HOT! He looks like he should….minus the messy hair, but, dang!

I can agree 100000% with Dan on the difference between American child stars and English child stars. They are simply well grounded and made to hold respect for their elders and fellow actors. Unlike our stars, Britany Spears, who crash and burn before their 20.

I love Rupert and his dry humor, “But, I dont wanna take potions.” He’s getting cuter all the time. The magic begins, people!

Avatar Image says:

i saw this on tv today, dan is so cute!

Avatar Image says:

@helena123 – He didn’t answer the question BECAUSE he got cut off again. I think most people can understand him, but I don’t even see the point of keeping that 2 second clip of him in their news story if they are just going to cut him off.

Avatar Image says:

Was Ron’s comment about potions suppost to be hilarious. because i thought it was, so i sent the video to all my friends on MSN and laughed until some sense was re-installed :P

Avatar Image says:

@starfish, I seem to remember reading that Emma was revising or sitting exams at the time, so wasn’t filming.

Nice that they included Tom, who seems very intelligent and articulate. I’m looking forward to seeing more of him in the next two (three) films. If he thinks important stuff hasn’t been cut then it must be reasonably true, at least where his character is concerned :)

@Andrew, they wouldn’t cut off a decent answer. Rupert’s comment probably ended with a ‘yeah it’s cool’ and then nothing. Journalists have commented on how frustrating he is at interviews.

Avatar Image says:

Does that mean Sectumsempra is likely to be in the movie?

Because Shirley Henderson does not seem to be in the cast list. o-O

Also, You totally gave Draco a side parting. Auuugh!

WB,
Avatar Image says:

Can I just say I was actually there, in Gloucester when they were filming. They were there for three days and Emma wasnt there so I presume she wasnt in any scenes there. I think, and Im not totally sure, they were filming Dumbledores funeral. It was so great everybody was SO nice and Rupert, bless him, looked really bashful. Also because it was cold and we were waiting the crew gave us all a signed picture and chocolatte cake! And as the cast was leaving they rolled down there windows to say hi and wave and Dan’s hair looked SO much better then in OotP! Just for Id tell you all! Oh and Alan Rickman was there too!

Avatar Image says:

Why is Draco not in his robes/uniform?

Avatar Image says:

If they were filming Dumbledore’s funeral, then Emma also should’ve been there, because Hermione is there in the funeral too. Are they going to return to Gloucestar again?

Avatar Image says:

I even wonder if Tom read DH,lol! does he usually read the books,i cannot remember if he said he has…........... i loved it when i saw they had gone BACK to this Cathedral—it looked incrediblely in PS/SSand COS.gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i totally agree with Dan about American And English child actors[he has said before there are ,of course exceptions…..Jodie Foster being one of them….he said and he is so right] it is probubly one reason his parents did not want him making the HP filmsin Hollywood.[they are so wise]

the Cathedral looked incrediblely ’’great’‘

Avatar Image says:

Goucester cathedral has been filmed as part of Hogwarts in many of the films so most likely. They had this massive white screen up and if you walked the other side of it you could see a fake wall of hogwarts. Also I dont think you can say whether Emma should have been there or not because even if they were filming Dumbledores funeral there (and many people thought they were) we dont know whether she would have nessessarily been in the bits they were filming. Also Hagrid was there too. It was a really good day and they didnt mind people wandering into the cathedral either even tho they were filming there. Have a picture of Yates on my phone!

Avatar Image says:

@ tintantonks, you didnt happen to see a glimpse of the white tomb did you, I really hope they include that it should look pretty. I know that was dumb question , why would they be sitting around facing nothing. But was just wondering.

Avatar Image says:

i think they filmed this before Emma Watson even started working on the film—in December

@Confused:

They have used the cathedral from a bunch of the movies. Hogwarts Castle is composed of just one big castle. if that were true, why would they constantly be moving the set? they would just do all of the castle shots in one location, ..but they cant so they have to make due and find flices that fit their criteria.

@Everyone: YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY! NOV. is so far away! the suspence is killing me!

Avatar Image says:

This was filmed in Gloucester Cathedral, in February. Emma had already started to shoot but she wasn’t in those particular scenes. When they filmed, Maggie Smith and Rickman were there and somebody said (it was in the news) it was the scene in which McGonagall tells Harry and Ron that they would be able to be in Slughorn’s class. that’s why Emma is not there. The scene isn’t about Hermione. That also explain Ron talking about wanting to have potions. Dumbledore’s death or funeral would imply a lot more of the main cast child actors: Matt, Bonnie, Emma, Evanna, etc.

Avatar Image says:

Well, I can understand Rupert fine and I’m not even a native speaker. Anyway, I think Rupert is a ‘genius’ :lol: I get the impression he blends out in most interviews (the same questions over and over again anyway) and just hears some key words like ‘book’ and ‘movie’ and gives his standard answer ‘It’s a big book, one of my favourite ones’. That’s that. And that’s why we end up with answers that don’t really seem to fit the question. I have to say, I recall having seen that from other actors as well. :)

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!! That’s totally awsome!!!! I can’t wait for half-blood!!!!! Draco rox!!!!!! I cant wait 4 sectumsempra!!!!Abd dan looks hot like always!!! Lookin forward to the kiss!!!!!!! Half-blood cant come sonner!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah that would make sense maybe it wasnt Dumbledore’s funeral then! But they also built aparatus that would be able to lift the characters in the air. Not quite sure what for. Also I forgot to say Molly Weasly was also there (cant remmeber the actors name) we saw her drive up in her car. So perhaps it wasnt just the Slughorn thing. Her presence was puzzling tho, maybe a hospital scene?

Avatar Image says:

We do treat actors rather differently here in the UK than you do in the States. And not just actors ; we tend to assume that audiences have some degree of intelligence unlike those awful people who decided to change the name of Philosopher’s Stone becaise they thought it might confuse the US audiences.

If I was an American, I would be so angry about this implied rebuke to my intelligence. US audiences deserved and deserve more respect..

Apparently, Jo is still angry about this and with good reason.
Avatar Image says:

Awesome news! BUT OMG-Ruperts and Daniels hair looks terrible!!! especially Ruperts. I want his hair like in Driving lessons,and Dans hair like in POA. because thats real Harry and Ron!!!

Avatar Image says:

I love Rupert’s line when they film. Lol. It fits in perfectly. I really do hope they put that part in. :) Oh, and WHAT happened to Rupert’s hair? Oh my. Uhh. Yeah. :) But whatever, he’s still really good looking. XD

Avatar Image says:

Oh yeah, matea – I TOTALLY agree. I loved Rupert’s hair in DL, and his hair was OVER THE TOP GORGEOUS in Order of the Phoenix. I wish they kept it like that. Now it just looks like Rupert’s hair is a lightly colored tomato. :( Gosh, I hate saying that about Rupert – it makes me depressed. Lol.

Avatar Image says:

Is it November yet? HBP is my favorite book!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

@M Jones: Yeah, but I think it also deals with the decision to leave out a lot of slang from the American books. I know when Dan was interviewed in the States, the interviewer used the word ‘dough’ (referring to money) and Dan was very much confused. I think it was just easier for them to change things due to the differences in culture and language, like they do for many other countries.

Avatar Image says:

And now-let the great hair debate begin! LOL

Avatar Image says:

If someone could tell me: Why wasn’t Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) there?

Avatar Image says:

starfish, if you scroll through the comments you’d see your question was already answered. :) Emma wasn’t there because her character was not needed for any of the scenes they shot there.

Avatar Image says:

Thank you Tom, for reading the book!

Avatar Image says:

Tom said he couldn’t think of anything left out, but Emma Thompson isn’t listed among the cast and that would mean that the scene where Harry learns about Snape listening in on the prophecy (at the Hogs Head) won’t be in the film. How, then, is H going to know about it? And I think that’s important.

Avatar Image says:

@ tintantonks- did you recieve my question about the white tomb? and the actresses name for molly weasley is Julie Walters, ask me anyone from the movies and I probably will be able to tell you.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t understand why Rupert can’t talk properly. Surely he would have been given PR lessons by now to help him or something? The guy turns 20 this year. there is no reason for him to be so inept. I feel bad for any journo who has to interview him.

Avatar Image says:

The comments that Tom Felton gave are certainly reassuring. I did, however, expect for the HBP film to conform more closely to the source material, seeing as it is only 2/3 the size of the Order of the Phoenix, if not less. The book is very easy to adapt as far as I am concerned.

Avatar Image says:

Okay Dan get over it! It is all about the accent. There I said it and that is the greatest difference. Ugh, the reporter didn’t even ask for his opinion on the difference all he wanted to know was how do you spot the extras from the professional ones.. And can he please speak to the reporter face to face and not give his back to the guy.. All my other boys, Ron and Tom looked fabulous. I love how comfortable they appeared,

Avatar Image says:

Sorry BellaSnape must have got side tracked! No I didnt see the white tomb at all. But there was a massive area outside the cathedral that had scafolding all around it and weather sheets so it could of been in there. I am only speculating tho. What sort of shocked me was I couldnt believe how nice everybody was. You sort of believe that they wouldnt let you within 100 feet of where they were filming but thats not true at all. it was really nice and regards Rupert mumbling I just think that he is really shy. That is the way he appeared to me anyway.

Avatar Image says:

@Pelusa, “It is all about the accent. There I said it and that is the greatest difference. Ugh, the reporter didn’t even ask for his opinion on the difference all he wanted to know was how do you spot the extras from the professional ones..”

You’ve got completely the wrong end of the stick there! Firstly, he never asked Dan to ‘spot the extras’, for a start the people that were shown on the video were not actually extras but ‘professional’ film crew (shows what little opinion you have of other people involved in filmmaking)!

Secondly, he asked an opinion of Dan. He asked why Dan appears so down to earth and Dan gave an answer, as you might expect.

Thirdly, the main difference has absolutely NOTHING to do with accent!! Not from where I’m sitting in the UK. It’s a common perception we have of American ‘showbizz’ that it focusses too much on ‘stardom’ to the extent that actors become divas. It’s true that child actors in the UK are not treated like little princes/princesses, and there are plenty of people on set who would put them in their place if they expected that. Consequently there are no child ‘stars’ (divas) in the UK.

Avatar Image says:

jeez Dan and Rupert’s hair look really really bad, they don’t even look like Harry and Ron anymore. They haven’t looked like their characters since POA i don’t think…

Avatar Image says:

Thanks! I hope its in the movie.

Avatar Image says:

It says that when Tom compared the book and the script he couldn’t tell where an obvious cut was, well that’s bullcrap because i’m sure people are going to easily notice that the gaunts aren’t in it, and that’s an obvious cut.

After saying that though i’m still looking foward to seeing in in November.

Avatar Image says:

I just want to say that Dan makes a really valid point about child actors in the US. I live in Hollywood and while there ARE a lot of nice things about living here (i.e. good food, good shopping, the Harry Potter museum); the general culture is shocking to me and it’s definitely not somewhere I would raise a child. Very often I see child actors and even non-actors being spoiled by their parents/schools/employers to the point where they lose respect for everything in their lives. Then they get bored, and turn into the type of person you see in Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears.

Sometimes I turn around and look out my window at work only to see the paparazzi HOUNDING Britney just because she decided to go out for the afternoon or whatever. It’s awful!

I’m definitely not saying that every child in Hollywood is like that – there are always exceptions – but people here in general just need to chill out a little bit and enjoy a normal life. :)

Avatar Image says:

i agree with the people about the child stars here as opposed to in England… anyways Liam, how do you know they aren’t involving the Gaunts in the film? does it say that somewhere? That would be a pretty big mistake and i’m sure Jo would correct them if they tried leaving it out… the gaunts play a large part in the memories. as for rupert’s interview… he may have a speech problem or difficulty doing interviews such as dysphasia difficulty speaking anxiety, or even a stuttering problem that comes up only when he isn’t under pressure to get things right… some people are great actors, they just can’t do interviews for some reason, no reason to beat him up about it!

Avatar Image says:

Well Laura I read about the Gaunts not being in it a while ago and there not on the casting list, so i decided to post a topic asking wether they were going to be in it or not, and every answer i got back was no. A lot of the people seemed really upset that they were going to leave them out. I will look for proof that there not in it, however i’m like you i’m just praying that they are in it.

Avatar Image says:

No, the Gaunts are not in it… I wonder if Dumbledore will explain Harry about the ring, without using the Gaunt’s memory…?

Write a Reply or Comment