Magge Smith Diagnosed with Cancer; Prognosis “looks good”

349

Mar 18, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

The Telegraph has reported today that Dame Maggie Smith, known to Potter film fans as Prof. McGonagall, has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She has had a tumor removed and has undergone a course of chemotherapy; the prognosis “looks good,” a friend of hers told the paper.

Everyone on staff at, and, we’re sure, reading Leaky wishes this fine actress a double measure of luck and health to counteract this difficult turn of events.

You can write to Dame Maggie Smith at Leavesden Studios:
c/o Harry Potter Production
Leavesden Studios
P.O. Box 3000
Leavesden, Hertfordshire
WD25 7LT
United Kingdom

On a related note, for the past few weeks, have been discussing (on PotterCast) releasing a limited-time “pink” version of our holiday charity album, Jingle Spells, to benefit breast cancer research. As this news highlights that issue through a Potter lens, we would appreciate those who would be interested in buying a copy leaving a comment here so that we could get an idea of how many to order and whether it’s a good idea. This would be donated to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. (I will be taking part in this walk in October; to contribute to the cause please visit this link.) Our Jingle Spells holiday fundraiser brought in more than $34,000, and the donation has been made to Book Aid (expect a full post on this matter shortly); for this run the blue cover art would be turned pink.

(And PS, if you are still having a problem receiving your holiday order of JS, contact me privately, please, as this post isn’t the place to address it. There are probably a few straggling missing orders out there and we want to make sure to get everyone’s.)

226 Responses to Magge Smith Diagnosed with Cancer; Prognosis “looks good”

Avatar Image says:

I’d buy it. This could be the few dollars needed to inch us toward a cure. Anything for Professor M!

Avatar Image says:

OMG Prof. McGonagall, i hope everything goes well, we love you very much.

Avatar Image says:

Very sorry to hear. May God Bless you… and I do hope everything goes well… we Love You very much.. from the bottom of our hears….

Avatar Image says:

I’d buy it, anything to help. I am so thankful they are saying things look good for her, I hate for anything to happen. She’s the perfect McGonagall

Avatar Image says:

Oh yeah Deff. i buy it, cost dont matter to me i do anything for Prof. McGonagall, i cant wait to see her in the final battle at school.

Avatar Image says:

I would absolutely buy a copy of JS and additionally, I want to know where I could send Dame maggie a card wishing her a quick recovery? Please put this out there so, all Harry Potter fans can have this to send their personal well wishes. There is no one like Dame Maggie and what she has contributed to British film in general and the Harry Potter series specifically. I couldn’t ever imagine losing someone like her after the series lost the “real” Dumbledore, Richard Harris….....

Avatar Image says:

I’d definitely buy the book.

Good luck to Ms. Smith. I hope all goes well.

Avatar Image says:

Good Luck , hope all goes well.

Avatar Image says:

Really sorry to hear about Maggie Smith. I’m glad to hear the prognosis is good and hope she has a full recovery!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I love Maggie Smith and I hope she gets well soon, I couldn’t imagine anyone else playing McGonagall. As a side note, I have to say how much I love Leaky for all the good work that has been done and will be done in the future, I respect you guys so much.

Avatar Image says:

I was sorry to hear about this, and hope that Ms. Smith is feeling better soon.

Avatar Image says:

I will buy one…Wishing Maggie Smith a quick recovery.

Avatar Image says:

I would definitely be interested in the cd. Both my mom and my best friend’s mom have been battling breast cancer for over a year now, so I will do anything I can to help!

Also, super congratulations on doing the Avon walk – I did the Breast Cancer 3-Day last year and am planning to walk again this year. It is a huge commitment, but so incredibly worth it! Be proud of yourself – you’re doing a great thing!

Avatar Image says:

I’d be definitely interested in buying a CD to benefit the Avon walk.

Avatar Image says:

Hopefully maggie has a full recovery. As for the cd i would most definatly buy one if its all going to a good cause. Cancer is killing people left right and centre and it about time we did something about it !

Avatar Image says:

I too wish Dame Maggie well. I’d buy a copy of JS, you bet.

Avatar Image says:

I am so glad that it looks like she will be okay. HP can’t suffer another loss. Harris was bad enough. I really hope that she gets better soon and that everything turns out alright. She is brilliant and I want to keep her! If JS starts selling again, even though I already have it, I would probably but a “Pink” copy anyways. This is an important enough cause.

Avatar Image says:

thats very bad news i hope she recovers=(

Avatar Image says:

My thoughts and prayers go out to Dame Maggie. I would definitely buy the pink edition of JS.

Avatar Image says:

Put me down for a copy of the CD. Healing thoughts, prayers and best wishes to Maggie Smith, please get better soon.

Avatar Image says:

My thoughts and prayers also go out to Dame Maggie Smith and her family. Hopefully all of our positive energy will help her in making a full and speedy recovery.

She seems like such a wonderful person and I’m really looking forward to seeing her play a larger role in HBP (when Dumbledore dies), and DH (I pictured Dame Maggie Smith screaming when she saw Harry’s “dead” body, and when she get’s involved in the many battle scenes).

This will be her most important and hardest battle yet, and I wish her all the best. God Bless.

Avatar Image says:

My dear Maggie, I wish You fast recover and I will pray for Your health every day I promise. Get well soon and continue making us happy with Your talent as a great actress and a great woman!

Avatar Image says:

Maggie I love you, i hope everything will be alright. You are OUR MCGONAGALL.

I hope she ‘ll be well. It’s very sad news… :-(

Avatar Image says:

Oh, what terrible news! Ugh, gosh I’ve known 4 people to go through breast cancer and only one of them is still going strong. ;(

Let’s hope that such an inspring, lovely person and amazing actress will recover as quickly as possible. She has done an array of brilliant films, not just playing the wonderful McGonagall in HP. Prayers and love to her and her family!! These things are not easy to go through.

Avatar Image says:

Let’s hope that such an inspiring, lovely person and amazing actress will recover as quickly as possible. She has done an array of brilliant films, not just playing the wonderful McGonagall in HP. Prayers and love to her and her family!! These things are not easy to go through.

Avatar Image says:

As one of the best actresses in the world, and playing one of my favorite characters I would certainly try to donate in her name.

Let’s all send good vibes her way, or prayers if you are religious.

Avatar Image says:

Good luck with everything and recover quickly, Dame Maggie Smith!

I would like to buy a copy of JS too! Let me know!

Thanks for the updates, Leaky.

-M-B-W

Avatar Image says:

Oh my God. I feel so, so sorry for our own McGonagall! -Could you imagine that the worst thing happened, and there wouldn’t be any McGonagall in DH? Or at least not the real McGonagall. ;/

Avatar Image says:

HPNR (harrypotternewsreel.blogspot.com) echoed this story a few hours ago. It is quite sad, really, but it is good that she’s doing okay. Best of luck to her.

I am interested in the Pink Jingle Spells, fyi, Sue.

Avatar Image says:

I’d buy it in a heartbeat. Keep heart, Maggie. You’re such a brilliant actress, I hope and wish you’ll get all the support you need to fight against this.

Avatar Image says:

i hope everything turns out okay for u magge! ur an amazing actress and seem like such a nice person, may god bless you.

Avatar Image says:

I would love to buy the Pink Jingle Spells Cd. I wish Dame Magge Smith the best of luck, having my mother going through cancer, let’s me appreciate the hard work it goes into the recovery.

Avatar Image says:

i wish a full and speedy recovery to Dame Maggie! I would like to purchase a copy of JS

Avatar Image says:

Add my name to the list of prospective buyers, please.

Avatar Image says:

OMg this is so sad! My thoughts are with her! Hope she gets better soon!

Avatar Image says:

Get Well Soon Dame Maggie Smith! Or better… Get Well Soon Professor!

P.S: Melissa, you spelled her name wrong on the news headline. It should be Maggie not Magge. Just giving you a heads up :)

Avatar Image says:

I would certainly buy a copy of the CD, especially for such a good cause. Best wishes to Dame Maggie and i’ll certainly keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Avatar Image says:

I would be interested in buying the cd!

Avatar Image says:

I teared up when I read this news. I’m glad she will be OK, but cancer is still really scary.

Avatar Image says:

All my best wishes for Dame Maggie for a fast and full recovery.

Avatar Image says:

Awww…I wish her a full and speedy recovery. She truly is the perfect Professor McGonagall. :)

Avatar Image says:

Dame Maggie- my healing thoughts and prayers go out to you. I have had both grandmothers and several great aunts fight and SURVIVE breast cancer. Good luck, take care and stay strong! God bless our one and only Professor Minerva McGonagall!

Avatar Image says:

Oh I wish you godd luck with all my heart Maggie . I know that you will be perfectly all right. :)

Avatar Image says:

Sending healings spells your way, Dame Maggie. We could not have anyone else than you for our dear Minerva McGonagal. Recover quickly.

Avatar Image says:

That’s awful, but I’m glad they caught it early. Maggie Smith is the most awesome person in the HP films! One of the only good things about those films actually.

Avatar Image says:

i hope you aren’t feeling all that bad! You are like the one true mcgonagal! Get well soon!

Avatar Image says:

Am so sorry to hear of her illness. Sincerest good wishes for a fast and full recovery!

Avatar Image says:

I fel so sad for her, but happy at the same time that the prognosis is good. I plan to persona;ly send her a well-wishing note – thanks for putting up that info. Professor M is one of my favorite characters and probably my favorite HP teacher. I hope everything goes well for her and the rest of the cast for the last 3 films.

Avatar Image says:

That was quite a shock when I read it this morning. All my best wishes for a full recovery. Maggie is absolutely the perfect McGonagall and the pinnacle of our acting world.

Avatar Image says:

Aww…This is terrible! I hope Maggie has a quick recovery! I will most likely buy a copy of JS!

Avatar Image says:

Dame Maggie Smith in my view is such a wonderful and unique actress. I enjoy every film she has been in since seeing her as Miss Brodie (the Prime of Miss Brodie – must see british classic). I wish her well in her recovery. She must take it easy though especially at her age. I have to say, if it means no more potter films then so be it, they are only movies at the end of the day. I actually think she would want to still make the potter films but her health must come first. Ava Kadvra to those evil cancer cells!

Avatar Image says:

I’m sure she’ll be alright. I’ll pray for her every night

yay for Maggie!

Avatar Image says:

i hope that Dame Maggie come through this as quickly and as easily as possible

i’d buy a pink copy of JS

Avatar Image says:

My heart and prayers go out to Maggie Smith and her family. I was raised on movies like Clash of the Titans, The Secret Garden, and Hook, no one could have played Proffessor McGonagall but you, I wish you well.

I’d buy it!

Avatar Image says:

I am so glad that it seems Ms. Smith will be fine. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Avatar Image says:

Get well, Dame Maggie! What’s the cost of the CD?

Avatar Image says:

I would totally buy it. I hope she recovers well and quickly. it is so sad!! but we can all do something to help by supporting the amazing Miss Melissa.

Avatar Image says:

I never got around to getting a CD in time, so I’l definitely buy a “pink” Jingle Spells. :) I know how it feels to have a family member experience this disease. My thoughts and prayers are with you Dame Smith.

Avatar Image says:

I echo the sentiments of everyone here, especially ‘Professor Potter’...it doesn’t matter if she never makes another Potter movie…yes, we’ll miss her. But it’s more important to have her well. I, too, would like the CD. I got mine, at Chirstmas. I also know at least three other people who would love it [cost, please!]. They are Potter Fans, and we all love Dame Maggie Smith. Get well, Maggie, we love you. Prayers, wishes and all good luck, in your battle! ‘Avada Kadavra to those cells!

Avatar Image says:

This is positively terrible! I wish her the best of luck in coping with this and hope she overcomes it!

Avatar Image says:

As a multple cancer survivor, all I have to say is I m praying for you Mrs. Mc (Maggie) !!!!!

Go “PINK”!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I will totally buy this album. I didn’t know about Jingle Spells until it was to late, so I am all over buying this one. Plus that I love pink does help. Put me down as a future buyer!

Avatar Image says:

I am definitely interested in buying the special edition CD, and know the money will be going to a wonderful foundation and important cause. I wish Maggie Smith all the best and that she can combat and overcome this disease that affects so many people and families.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve admired Dame Maggie Smith for 30 years—she’s an irreplaceable treasure and I wish her all strength as she recovers.

Avatar Image says:

Best wishes to our favourite tartan-wearing professor! Hope she feels better soon x

Avatar Image says:

Good luck, Maggie! I wonder if they’ve taken her to St. Mungo’s?

Avatar Image says:

All the best wishes to Ms Smith! You are such a wonderful actress! Please do stay strong, we’re all with you in our minds. My older sister is currently also fighting breast cancer, so I would gladly want to support the Pink JS.

I would be interested in the CD too, but how about the shipping cost to Germany?

Avatar Image says:

I know a few people in my family with breast cancer and i’m sad to find out that Maggie Smith has it too. >< i’d be interested in the jingle spells cd! i think its a great idea! _

Avatar Image says:

I hope she gets well soon, i think i’ll send her a get well soon card.

Avatar Image says:

My thoughts are with you, Dame Maggie and I pray for a speedy and healthy recover. God bless you.

Avatar Image says:

If it’s different songs I’ll buy, but I already have Jingle Spells; so I probably wouldn’t buy another copy.

Avatar Image says:

It’s horrible that Dame Maggie has breast cancer. I really hope that she gets well soon.

Avatar Image says:

I’d buy one. All the best to Maggie Smith – all in our house wish you a complete recovery, you’re in our thoughts.

Avatar Image says:

She’s so tough! One of the many reasons I admire her.

Avatar Image says:

I was so surprised to hear this. I hope that everything goes well for her and that she has a full recovery.

Avatar Image says:

On March 8th, 2008 I lost my sister to Breast Cancer. It is one of the most horrible deseases around. The pain is still very vivid in my heart.

I will pray for Dame Maggie. She is my favortie character in the Harry Potter series which is why I use her name. :)

Get well Professor MCG. and count me in for the CD.

Avatar Image says:

I’ll def buy one of the CDs!! My aunt was just diagnosed with cancer… so it’s great that you guys are doing something to help to cause!

Avatar Image says:

Yes, I certainly would buy at least two copies of the pink package. I do love and appreciate Dame Maggie as the actress who has bourne the memory of so many great roles for me, not the least of which has been the “bloody brilliant” Professor McGonagall . I would hope that aside from that Potter connection we can all support this cause for all the women and men ( yes, men do get breast cancer) we love and appreciate in our lives. Just a little recommendation for older fans. For anyone who ever loved a difficult woman or questioned how someone else could, Dame Maggie Smith had a comedic turn in ” The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood” which bears watching. I hope and pray the best for her and all those who face the same battle with courage and dignity. Let them know they are loved and never alone.

Avatar Image says:

I’ll by a copy or two or three of anything you want to put out for this.

Avatar Image says:

How horrible, I’m glad that they caught it early though. I wish Dame Maggie the best, she definitely has the right mind set to beat the beast. Cancer is a horrid disease, and I hope she makes a full recovery. Best wishes from here in the states!

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

To all those who is only interested in buying if “it has different songs” as you “already have a copy”, buy it for a friend! Just buy it, if it’s offered! You’ll be helping Dame Maggie and how many countless others! I’ll bet JKR might even be interested! {it could happen! :D]

Avatar Image says:

Perhaps her popularity will bring renewed efforts and greater attention to the cause. I’ll buy 5 copies.

Avatar Image says:

Aww… that sucks, man I hope she gets better. She’s awesome. Good luck Maggie Smith.

Avatar Image says:

Keep fighting Professor! Best of wishes and speedy recovery! Us HP fans will never give up!

Avatar Image says:

i hope maggie well! i’d definitely buy the cd as well.

Avatar Image says:

I would definitely purchase several copies! Wishing the best for Maggie!!

Avatar Image says:

OMFG!!!!! i hope she recovrs shes so good!! Anyway kinda odd aint it? prof. mcgonagall gets hit by multiple stupefies in the chest n now shes got cancer???

Avatar Image says:

I would buy a non Xmas wizard rock benefit CD but I’m not likely to buy another Jingle Spells.

Avatar Image says:

My very best wishes to Dame Maggie Smith, I’m very glad to hear that she is doing good, she is the absolute perfect Professor McGonagall and was one of the precious few highlights of GoF.

Avatar Image says:

I would purchase a “pink” copy of Jingle Spells to support such a worthy cause. Thank you, Melissa!

Good Luck Maggie! this is very deppressing :(.Good luck again Maggie

Avatar Image says:

It ruined my day to hear this God Bless You Maggie Smith and hope you get better God Bless you and your family and friends :( For Harry <3

Wishing Dame Maggie for a full recovery

Avatar Image says:

Get better Maggie we need you around

Avatar Image says:

I am confused. It would be Jingle Spells, just pink? Or there would be a new CD about McGonagall, and breast cancer, or wait, I’m having an epiphany- a benefit CD with love songs, because you know, pink, Valentine’s Day, love, all that. A bunch of shipping songs!

Sorry, I ramble.

God Bless, Dame Maggie. My heart goes out to you.

Avatar Image says:

I wish Maggie will have great heath.Good LUCK and God bless you.

Avatar Image says:

Get better Dame Maggie, I will keep you in my prayers.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I feel so horrible about this news. :( But I am glad the prognosis looks good. God bless you, Maggie!

Avatar Image says:

Get better Dame Maggie, I will keep you in my prayers.

Avatar Image says:

Hang in there Dame Maggie! You can beat it no problem!

Avatar Image says:

I hope Dame Maggie smith gets well soon.

I hope to buy an album too.

Avatar Image says:

I’d be interested in buying Jingle Spells: Pink!

Best of luck Maggie Smith—

Avatar Image says:

Oh goodness, I hope she will be okay. My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone suffering from that devestating disease.

Avatar Image says:

You will be in my prayers. And I think you shold make Jingle Spells pink.

Avatar Image says:

This is what I love about our fandom whenever someone needs a little help, like the people in Darfur or people who benifit from book aid, everyone flocks to help them. So I wish Maggie Smith the best of luck and I really am so happy that I could be part of such a caring and fantastic fandom

Avatar Image says:

I would buy one. Maggie, I dought you’ll ever read this but I just thought that I would tell you that we all are wishing you a rapid recovery. God bless you.

Avatar Image says:

=[ This isn’t good! I hope you get well soon Maggie Smith!

PS I’m going on the Breast Cancer walk tomorrow, so I’ll raise a lot for you too! =] Walk the Walk!

Avatar Image says:

I’d definitely be interested in buying a pink copy (or two) of the CD. It’s a great cause, as was the initial run (which I must say, made a great gift for a potter friend).

Congrats, Melissa, on walking in the Avon walk. I’d love to do the Philly 3 day, but I dont think I’m quite up to it. My plan is to do it before I turn 45.

Best wishes to Maggie Smith.

Avatar Image says:

ANYONE: If there is a BREAST CANCER WALK NEARBY your home, I would sugest doing it (it raises alot according to the number of people who do it) You might have to donate money to participate, and that helps too.

Avatar Image says:

My thoughts go with her. We know she can win this fight!!!

If money orders are an option I will certainly buy one or two Jingle Spells.

Avatar Image says:

I would LOVE to buy a pink version of JS – especially knowing that it’s going to a good cause! Many prayers and best wishes to Dame Maggie Smith (and all others battling breast cancer).

Emily

Count me in.

Avatar Image says:

I would sooooo by it! for wizard rock and to help find a cure!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, those cancer cells don’t know what they’re in for, having attacked Professor McGonagall! They should be afraid, very afraid! This is one tough lady, and I know she’ll be fine. God bless you, Dame Maggie! Many healing thoughts and prayers are coming your way. I imagine you’re about done filming HBP, so get some good rest for a few months and be ready to come back for Deathly Hallows and Charge those desks! :)

Avatar Image says:

Dear Dame Maggie, my heart goes out to you and your family. Having been through it with my Mum I know just what you’ve been going through. I wish you a full and speedy recovery!

It’s a sad fact that we never quite realize just how frighteningly common this disease is, until it hits close to home. Wouldn’t it be a great tribute to Maggie Smith if we could all get together and support Melissa as she tries to raise money for the Avon Walk. It’s great that so many of you seem to want to buy the pink Jingle Spells CD, but for those who already have it or feel they can’t afford it, it would be lovely if you could sponsor Melissa, even just a small amount. $1 from everyone who reads this sad news about one of “our” Harry Potter actors could raise a lot of money and make a huge difference in the fight against cancer!

Avatar Image says:

I’ll buy one. Hang in there Maggie!

Avatar Image says:

Count me in—I’d be happy to buy a copy.

I’ll buy a cd!

Maggie Smith is so brilliant, I wish her the very best of luck and health. Thanks Melissa for doing the walk!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG. I hape she gets back to health very soon. We’re all praying for you!!!

Avatar Image says:

All my heart to Dame Maggie Smith. I would gladly buy a copy of Jingle Spells in pink to support the Avon Walk. Bless you for doing the walk Mel. It’s an inspiration to other to get involved. Plus think of the great exercise!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I’d buy it in a heartbeat!

Avatar Image says:

I wish you a speedy recovery Maggie! You will be in my thoughts!

Avatar Image says:

I also wish Dame Maggie Smith well. I would buy three copies, one for myself and my daughter (11), my mom and my sister as well since we are all Harry Potter fans and we all enjoy watching her play the part of Prof. McGonagall. Get well soon!!

I’d probably buy it!

Avatar Image says:

I wish Dame Maggie Smith a complete and speedy recovery! I love her portrayal of McGonagall. I’d be glad to buy the special edition of the cd.

Avatar Image says:

Thoughts and prayers for Professor M. I would definitely buy another copy of Jingle Spells. My Mom is a breast cancer survivor….this is such a worthy cause.

Avatar Image says:

I would do anything for that elegant, lovely Lady. Count me in!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I would love to buy a copy! Good luck, Professor.

Avatar Image says:

We love you Dame Maggie! I’d buy a copy of JS.

Avatar Image says:

Relieved to hear that the prognosis for Maggie Smith looks good. Hoping she gets better real quick!

Avatar Image says:

I forgot to add that I would be interested in buying a “pink” copy of JS. Anything for a good cause and Maggie Smith!

Avatar Image says:

I’d be very interested in buying a “pink” copy of Jingle Spells. Go for it! runs off to write a letter for Maggie

Hope she get’s well! Get Well Soon!!!!!!!!!1

Avatar Image says:

That’s so sad… my best wishes are with you!

Avatar Image says:

Ms. Smith is most certainly in my heart and prayers.

Avatar Image says:

I’d love to buy a JS Cd to help out. Best of luck to Maggie!

Avatar Image says:

You go, Dame Maggie!! You can beat this thing! I’ve had two friends who battled this disease and won. You’re as strong and formidable as your character Prof. McGonagall. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Avatar Image says:

We all wish you well Ms. Smith, and send our love. I know I’ll be praying for you!

Avatar Image says:

Oh that’s so sad to hear. Wishing Maggie Smith a full recovery…:)

Avatar Image says:

Hey Melissa! I’d definitely be interested in purchasing a copy of Jingle Spells, especially if the money goes towards raising breast cancer. My aunt died of breast cancer, and another aunt has been battling it for years. I know the effects of it on families and the impact it has on families, it’s devastating. Count me in :) I could probably give about $15-$25.

Avatar Image says:

Well, if she could recover from four stunning spells at her age, she can definitely recover from cancer. Your fans are praying for you Maggie!

Oh, and I’d for sure buy JS!! :)

Avatar Image says:

I wish you all the best, Maggie! Brilliant actress!

i’d buy it :)

Avatar Image says:

I can relate to Dame Maggie Smith. My Mother in-law is currently batteling breast cancer. She just completed her chemotherapy and is moving onto radiation treatment this week. She had a double masectomy and re-construction surgery in one go! I just can not imagine Maggie Smith having the strength to film her parts. From what we’ve learned, you may have two lines but have to wait around all day to get called on set. It’s a waiting game. My Mother in-law, Linda, is wiped out and tired all the time. She was a healthy, strong lady, but now, she’s very tired all the time. You develope anemia from the white blood count level being too low. Well, my prayers go out to brave Maggie and her family.

I would totally buy it!

Avatar Image says:

That’s really sad, but it’s good to know that her treatment’s going well. Wishing her a fast recovery and hope she returns to good health soon.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve always admired Maggie Smith she is such a wonderful actress. I hope all goes well.

Avatar Image says:

Maggie S will be in my prayers…she’s a v good actress..and we Brits r proud of her….not just for HP films,but 4 her amazing stage,movie,tv work.

I would buy a pink copy!

I was really shocked when i read this as i didnt get to read the whole article straight away but dame magdie is a strong woman and i wish her all the best.

I would buy a pink copy!

I was really shocked when i read this as i didnt get to read the whole article straight away but dame maggie is a strong woman and i wish her all the best.

I’m in.

I adore you Dame Maggie and I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. You can tell from the comments here just how much everyone loves you.

Is there some way all these good wishes could be sent to Dame Maggie?

Avatar Image says:

Good luck to Maggie, I really hope she gets better!

Melissa – I would definitely be interested in buying Jingle Spells because I haven’t really listened to wrock before but I would really like to get into it and Jingle Spells seems like a great compilation album to spark my interest! Good luck with the Avon walk =)

Avatar Image says:

I hope Dame Maggie a speedy recovery, she’s one of my favourite actresses

Avatar Image says:

Hi Kristen!! My mum battled breast cancer for three years too!!! She’s fine now, but I’m still slightly shocked about the news…But she’ll surely get better if the diagnose is good, Maggie seems a strong woman.

Best wishes to Maggie, I hope she makes a full recovery =(

I’d definitely buy pink Jingle Spells!

Avatar Image says:

Dame Maggie Smith is one of my favorite actresses, even before Harry Potter. I really hope she gets better, amd that’s not only because of Harry Potter, but because we all are Human Beings and as Kingsley Shakelbolt so rightly said in Potterwatch, “[e]very human life is worth the same, and wortg saving”* So all our best hopes, prayers and wishes for Maggie Smith and I wish her a full recovery.

*Quote from “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” American hradback edition, page 440 by J. K. Rowling

Avatar Image says:

I will buy it! I wish Maggie Smith a quick recovery, breast cancer is one of the cancers you have the most chances to survive to, so I hope she will be okay very very soon!

Avatar Image says:

That’s very sad. I hope she fights it off.

Best wishes for recovery! Be strong!

Avatar Image says:

Oh my god… I wish her the very best luck, and I really hope she gets better! She is the perfect McGonagall and is a very talented actress.

Avatar Image says:

Many wishes for a speedy recovery for Dame Maggie Smith!!!

And – I would totally buy a copy of “Pink” Jingle Spells…

totally.

Avatar Image says:

My best wishes for her. I really hope she gets better. Both my parents died last year of two different sorts of cancer.

Avatar Image says:

I would absolutely buy one. Good health and blessing to Maggie!

Avatar Image says:

Best wishes and hope goes for you Dame Maggie Smith.

Avatar Image says:

Oh no!!! Dame Maggie is my favorite (working) actress—British or American. I so admire her in films such as The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie and My House in Umbria. I am DISTRAUGHT to learn that she has cancer. May she have a speedy and triumphant fight. Harry Potter fans and film buffs everywhere will rally their thoughts and prayers. We love you, Dame Maggie!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

oh my goodness! Dame Maggie, I am praying for you! I haven’t been on in a while so I haven’t heard the news until today- I’m glad that the prognosis was good, however. Praying!

Avatar Image says:

Definitely would love to buy one!!! Let us know when!!

Avatar Image says:

Good Luck Maggie…your in my Prayers .

Avatar Image says:

I’m so sorry to hear this… Good Luck to Dame Maggie on her recovery. And yes, I would love to by Jingle Spells to support finding a cure for breast cancer.

Avatar Image says:

I’d probably buy one, as I didn’t get a chance to order the original

Avatar Image says:

I would deff buy the cd. Besides the fact that Maggie Smith got Breast Cancer, my grandmother got it at the end of last year, so this hits close to home.

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!! i would deff. buy a copy anything to help out poor old Professor M i love saying her name. could you put up an adress where i could send her flowers or a gift or card or something because i just totally and completely love her and if something happens and she can’t be in harry potter anymore then i would kill someone because i just love her soo much maybe i could go and see her and wish her well in person yea that sounds like a good idea. I love er soo much and really hope she is ok it just would be harry potter without her and i’m a hug fan. I read the book like over and over and over aain. I have so far read the seventh on about 25 to 30 times i lost count i just love how each new time you pick u something else and it helps inhance your understanding. I wish that harry potter were real and i could go to hogwarts cause then i could learn al kinds of cool stuff not the pointless stuff i learn now in school. I could get a cat and an owl omg how cool would that be.. I think i will go buy a cat and see about the owl part well by then off to buy my cat.

Avatar Image says:

I wish all the best for Dame Maggie Smith. Her friend seems to think everything is going well, so I’m hoping she’s right. I’ll keep you in my prayers, Dame Maggie Smith!

Avatar Image says:

i really hope she gets better.the world wont be the same without her.good luck!

Avatar Image says:

Oh my goodness this is awful. I’ll pray everyday for her in an effort for her to get better. Any recent news on how this will effect her parts in the HP6 movie? Hopefully she can take her time and recover from this awful thing. I would totally buy a copy of the CD for sure!!!! SELL THEM SELL THEM! SAVE MS. SMITH-MCGONNAGALL!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’d love to buy a Jingle Spells cd/contribute to cancer research. I did a cancer walk last year – it was an emotional, phenomenal experience. God bless Maggie Smith! She kicks butt, I’m sure she’ll kick this!

Avatar Image says:

Would be all over a pink copy of Jingle Spells. Missed the boat the first time around and I’d love to help out my “pet cause” and support a talented actress. Count me in!

Avatar Image says:

I hope Dame Maggie gets completely well soon. My love and prayers for this wonderful lady and for all those who have to go through the same terrible illness.

Avatar Image says:

I’d buy the CD! I just loved Jingle Spells and I would definitely love it in pink. Plus anything to help find a cure for breast cancer (or any and all types of cancer) is worth putting money towards.

Avatar Image says:

I would like to buy a copy. Best wishes to the best professor Hogwarts has had in many years.

Avatar Image says:

I think it a wonderful idea. I would buy a copy.

Avatar Image says:

OMG. sobs i really hope she recovers. yep Richard Harris’ death was really bad enough. we can’t lose our dear McGonagall!!! I want the book but I probably can’t buy…=(=(=( sniffsniff… <3<3<3 Dame Maggie. Wish you well!

<3<3<3

Avatar Image says:

I missed JS at Christmastime, so I’d love it get a copy. And it’s a great cause, what could be better?

Avatar Image says:

I’d order one too! That breaks my heart to heart about Maggie….she is such a fine actress! But I am glad things are looking well in her grim situation. Potter just wouldn’t be the same without her…

I’d buy it…

I’m wishing Maggie a swift recovery as well

Avatar Image says:

I’d be interested in a pink Jingle Spells as I missed out on it the first time around. Good luck to Maggie Smith; Professor McGonogall rocks!

Avatar Image says:

I would buy one, i missed the previous one!

Avatar Image says:

WHAT THAT IS SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE LIVE MAGGIE YOU ARE GOOD PLAYING MCGONAGALL IN HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE FAITH AND GET BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I am not Minerva. Maggie Smith is Minerva. That’s the way it is and that’s the way it should stay. A very speedy recovery to her.

Avatar Image says:

NO! i hope she gets a full recovery fast!

Avatar Image says:

I PRAY YOU WILL BE HEALTHY SOON.

Avatar Image says:

GET WELL SOON !!!!! I PRAY YOU WILL BE HEALTHY SOON.

Avatar Image says:

Maggie, I have been a fan of yours since you played Wendy in “Hook”, that is when I fell in love with your acting…You are a pro and bring a presence to the stage and film that I believe most actresses would crave to copy.

Get the best care and fight! I can’t imagine anyone else in the role of Prof. McG.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are all behind you and are pulling for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Put me down for a Jingle Spells cd too, I missed out also, didn’t hear the podcasts until too late!!! Way to go Potterfans, always willing to put our money behind a good cause!

Avatar Image says:

BEST WISHES TO YOU. I HOPE YOU HAVE A SPEEDY RECOVERY.

Avatar Image says:

I would definitely buy a copy of JS and I wish Prof M a full and speedy recovery.

Avatar Image says:

It recovers completely it will wish quickly.

(I’m Korean student. I hope you can bear with my poor English. Please understand that I’m not really a good writer of English.)

Avatar Image says:

id buy it anything for maggie and to find a cure for cancer

Avatar Image says:

I am very sad to her hear about Maggie Smith’s Breast Cancer diagnosis. However, I have faith that she will recover. As the daughter of a Breast Cancer patient, I can relate personally to this story. My mother was diagnosed last October. She was afraid to go to the doctor because she knew she would have to face her illness. Ten years ago, she survived another form of Cancer. She was Cancer free for several years until she found a lump in one of her breasts. There was no prior history of Breast Cancer in our family so we were all shocked to learn of her diagnosis. After her surgery, she spent a month or so recovering in bed. A week later she started chemotherapy. It’s only been a few months, her fight continues but she is doing a whole lot better. Sometimes, I forget she is even sick. I know at first it might seem like the world is ending but it isn’t, not really. So long as you continue to hope and pray, you can beat this monster called Cancer. I remember her telling me a few months ago that no matter what obstacles she had to face. She would face them bravely and would continue to survive the battle because she had already survived life and would forever cherish her time spent in this world. I wish her all my best. My mother says you will be in her prayers and she wishes you a speedy recovery. I really admire Maggie Smith as an actress. I just loved her in the films “A room with a view”, co –starring Helen Bonham Carter, and film “The secret Garden.” I absolutely love you in the role of Professor McGonagall. I’m extremely grateful for the hard work you have done in bringing this character to life. I wish you the best in your recovery.

Avatar Image says:

Sign me up! The more money that can be raised, the closer we are to a cure!

Avatar Image says:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! DONT DIE, MAGGIE!! I WILL DO ANYTHING TO HELP YOU FROM DYING!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

My prayers are with Dame Maggie. Many couragous women have fought this same battle & have lost. i sincerely pray that Dame Maggie is not one of those. I have great admiration for you Dame Maggie!

Avatar Image says:

i would really like to receive one, if it’s possible to get it in italy!! i hope dame maggie smith will be better soon

Avatar Image says:

Best of all wishes to Dame Maggie. She is in our hearts and prayers. A ‘pink” copy of the disk would be welcomed as a way to pay respect and help this worthy cause.

Avatar Image says:

OMG! I wish her the best luck and God bless her! She is just AWESOME as Prof. Mcg! She’s awesome in all her work!

Avatar Image says:

Good luck Maggie! You will be in my thoughts and prayers! You are such in incredible actress… not only as the perfect Professor McGonagall, but in practically every British film of repute, and many others!

You are absolutely phenomimal!

Radish :)

Avatar Image says:

Dame Maggie is like family and I know all of us HP FAMILY wishes her the best heart warming thoughts we all can mustard up in a trying time in her life. If JS starts selling again, I’d buy one.

Avatar Image says:

Is sad to hear that, I hope the doctors catch that on time, she will be fine with this new medications and technology. The best for her, I know a lot of BC Survivors with a fullest life after the Diagnosis, but the most important is don’t give up!! (chemo is horrible but is only for a short period of time, hair goes to a secondary terms, your life is first!)

Avatar Image says:

I’d buy a copy…PINK like a FLOYD!

Avatar Image says:

I too want a copy of JS “Pink”. May your recovery be a speedy one, Dame Maggie. God Bless you. We love you!

Get better real soon!!

Avatar Image says:

I would absolutely buy a pink Jingle Spells. :)

Avatar Image says:

awwwwwww. pooor prof. McGonagall. get well. ;) :) :)

Avatar Image says:

So sorry to hear about Dame Maggie. My thought are with her and her family. I hope for a full recovery. She’s one of the best!

Avatar Image says:

Our Dear Maggie! Get well soon, Wishing you the best and sending you lots of love from Hungary: Mariann.

Avatar Image says:

I’d definately buy one. Get well soon Maggie!

Avatar Image says:

sending best wishes and love. i sat a few seats away from her when i went to go see Othello in January and she was so graceful and lovely. get well soon Maggie

Avatar Image says:

I sincerely hope you feel better soon. Best of luck!! :)

Avatar Image says: Where do I get help to help someone overseas to firght with breast cancer, she is my son's grandmother, and the family resources are scarcing, which means that if we stop helping her financially she will die, do you know any organization that can provide us with resources to continue the chemotherapy? she resides in Guatemala. Thank you for any information you may provide.Avatar ImageCatherine says: omg, i hope she is okay! omg....breast cancer is horrible, so horrible, my aunt has it....omg ist awefull!! wearing pink. buying pink.

Write a Reply or Comment