Flying Auror Style: Natalia Tena Talks Filming as Tonks

117

Mar 20, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Actress Natalia Tena talks flying, wizard style, in a new interview with the Swindon Advertiser where she discusses her role as Tonks in the Harry Potter films. Saying she has been filming recently for her return appearance as the Auror in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, she recalls filming her flying scenes for “Order of the Phoenix.” Stating she really loved the flying sequences (“The flying stuff was so cool,”) Natalia Tena describes the process used in making these scenes as she noted “We are wrapped in green skin stuff and have this pole attachment. It moves like a buckaroo. They take a plaster cast of your bum so you get a proper seat on the broomstick. I love heights and these hot men (the technicians) blow air at me to make me look sexy – it was amazing,” she said.

Admitting that she had not read the Harry Potter books nor seen the movies before she landed part of the Auror, she talked about her first audition for the role. “At the first audition I tripped over a chair, but I loved the idea of the hair changes that Nymphadora has, because that’s what I do,” said Natalia.The actress truly believes in magic.”I was born on November 1, so Halloween was always important and on my 18th birthday my mum gave me a witch’s broomstick and a wooden spoon, showing that I had become a witch and a woman,” she said.

In addition to filming her role for the sixth Harry Potter film, Natalia Tena is currently appearing in the stage production of The Clean House at Bath’s Theatre Royal in England which runs until March 22.

50 Responses to Flying Auror Style: Natalia Tena Talks Filming as Tonks

Avatar Image says:

Great interview. I love her personality!

i <3 Tonks :D

Avatar Image says:

omg i love her. did u know she speaks spanish, yea she’s so cool. she reminds me of me and she’s perfect for the role of tonks

Avatar Image says:

I really adore her!!! They couldn’t have found a better Tonks.

Avatar Image says:

She sounds like such a fun person! She is now on top of my list of people who I would like to have lunch with. Then maybe afterwards we could go and dye our hair purple or green or what have you…

LOL. She sounds hilarious. I love this part:

”...these hot men (the technicians) blow air at me to make me look sexy – it was amazing,”

So many LOLZ.

Avatar Image says:

Nat Tena is SO cool… I really like her Tonks, and she tripped over a chair on her 1st audition?! That’s so Tonk-ish! :D

Avatar Image says:

She is great as Tonks. I loved watching her on “Trailing Tonks” on the DVD too!

Avatar Image says:

She’s so funny. They really do get great people in these films, don’t they?

(I’m boggling at the idea of having a plaster cast made of one’s bum, though.)

Avatar Image says:

A broomstick and a WOODEN SPOON?? lol I think I woulda slapped my mom for the latter. She’s perfect as Tonks, I bet she’d be so much fun to hang out with in real life haha.

Avatar Image says:

Ashley, I agree, I was LOLing so hard when I read this bit- ”…these hot men (the technicians) blow air at me to make me look sexy – it was amazing,”

LMAO I love you Nat. <3

Avatar Image says:

When I first saw the movie, she really annoyed me . . .

. . . but when I saw her behind-the-scenes thing on the OotP DVD, I really grew fond of her. She’s quite funny and very fun to watch—seems like she would be a really cool person to meet!

Avatar Image says:

You know, her getting the part of Tonks has to be fate. I mean, she did trip over a chair at her audition, that’s practically screaming ‘pick me’. ;-)

haha shes funny

Avatar Image says:

So Tonks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tripped over a chair! I can’t believe that they take a plaster cast of their bums though!

Avatar Image says:

I really liked Natalia’s portrayal of Tonks in OotP, and I’m thrilled to find out we share a birthday! Well, at least the date. :)

“I love heights and these hot men (the technicians) blow air at me to make me look sexy – it was amazing!”

LOL!

Avatar Image says:

Its so awesome to hear the stories of filming the HP movies. I liked Natalia’s character in the books and she did Tonks justice in OOTP. I can’t wait to see her in Deathly Hallows.

Avatar Image says:

She’s so cool!!!! Could they have found a more perfect Tonks? And that “tripping over the chair” thing, gosh, that’s totally Tonks. I’d love to meet her!!

Avatar Image says:

THANK YOU SUE FOR THIS!!!

You gotta love Nat, if you don’t ..well, there’s something wrong with you. Can’t wait to see her back for HBP. :)

Haha! She’s so cute. ♥

Avatar Image says:

eww. she hasn’t read nor seen harry potter

Avatar Image says:

Oh wow! She has the same birthday as me! woot!

Avatar Image says:

She’s way awesome. I’d totally hang out with her all the time if I worked on the films lol.

Avatar Image says:

Gotta respect a woman who flies brooms and plays accordion…although not necessarily at the same time. ;-)

Love her ♥

Avatar Image says:

Natalie was always perfect for Tonks, seems to have natural comedic timing too. I thought it was a pity that we didnt get more of her in OOTP. The film teased us at the beginning with some fun moments with her. I felt the “Dont call me Nymphadora!” part was slightly jarring and left unexplained in the movie but I suppose it was just a nod to the readers as I dont think non readers would have understood what that was about.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, she is lovely! Oh I’d love to be able to change my hair at will!! Chemical colouring is such a messy business and it takes ages for the stuff to fade! I wonder how they do it at fashion shows though, the models seem to change their hair colour by the minute!

Avatar Image says:

haha! she’s so good as the role of tonks. [:

Avatar Image says:

Echoing thanks, as well, Sue! Too cool @Professor Potter: I know what you mean, about the audience “not getting it”...of course, if there were any Irish, in the audience [and I can’t imagine there NOT being, somewhere] they would understand the changing of her hair to red! [“Irish Temper” LOL] Nat is great! Can’t wait to see her in HBP!

Avatar Image says:

haha,she’s so cool.I loved the extra stuff with her on the dvd!

Avatar Image says:

WB should sell the bum-casts of cast members on eBay! For charity, of course.

Avatar Image says:

She sounds so fun, I hope we see more of her in HBP. I agree w/ Professor Potter, it annoyed me so much that they didn’t show more of her in OOTP. Nat is perfect for the part, can’t wait to see her in HBP!!!!!!

P.S. Love the idea BiliusSue!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m another one who didn’t really register Natalia from her limited screentime in OotP, but who really warmed to her when I saw her in the DVD’s “Trailing Tonks” featurette. She seems like a genuinely warm, funny and off-kilter person – I, for one, loved her impromptu rendition of her self-penned Chistmas song, mostly because it was so utterly random and bizarre. More than anything, it convinced me that she embodies the winningly eccentric character of Tonks, something that the “tripping over a chair” anecdote seems to reinforce. Hope to see more of her in HBP!

Avatar Image says:

She’s always liked magic but she had ignored Harry Potter for such a long time? Now that sounds strange! I don’t mind her, she’s not bad at all, but I wish Tonks’s hair would be bubblegum-pink and NOT violet…

Avatar Image says:

It’s true the whole plaster cast thing, they showed a costume documentary of OOTP last summer and there’s like a flap in the seat of their trousers (like all in one pyjamas) were the seat goes underneath it so you cant see it on film. Weird

Avatar Image says:

Natalia is GREAT! ”...and the hot men blow air at me to make me look sexy…” HOW AMAZING IS THAT! But the bum-casts idea is a bit freaking BiliusSue. What exactly would you do with it? A really big ashtray?!

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!! THATS MY BDAY TOO!!!

and i SO believe in magic!!

@ siena:

Its called wigs. Its a ver y common practice

Avatar Image says:

She has my birthday! YEAH! I love her. Now I know why, she is fun and crazy like me too, haha. She is really cool though. I liked her in 5 and the Trailing Tonks as well. It’s funny how her and ‘Luna’ actress are so like their characters. Great girls!

Avatar Image says:

Love her! I really hope they don’t screw up her storyline on the movies!...

Avatar Image says:

She’s so cool. The right Tonks! I just hope we’re going to see love relationship Tonks/Lupin. So sweet… I was born on March 8th,but I also believe in magic : )

Avatar Image says:

this pisses me off another hp actor that hasnt read the books or sceen the movies! that should b manintory!

Avatar Image says:

I love Nat she’s so awesome, fits the role for Tonks soo much haha it proves it when she triped over that chair, SO something Tonks would do haha. She has an awesome personality and seems like she’s always fun to be around. luv ya <3

Avatar Image says:

She states that she didn’t read the books or see the movies BEFORE she auditioned for the part. That could very well mean she has since seen the movies and/or read the books.

I only have issues with actors not reading the books before stepping in front of the camera if they play the characters all wrong. Nat was fine as Tonks, unlike others in the cast (cough…cough…Gambon).

Avatar Image says:

I was originally disappointed with the dicission to change her hair from pink to purple, but after I saw her acting and fiery personality, I loved her for the role! I hope she’s in it more, considering her role in the plot of HBP is more subdude and depressed. I just luuurve Lupin/Tonks!

Avatar Image says:

She’s a great Tonks! I love her.

Avatar Image says:

omg, nat ur so awesome! I bet its so fun playing Tonks. Too bad u have 2 die in deathly hallows. wonder how that will b done in the movie. Good luck!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I love Natalie! I really loved her in the Touring with Tonks section of the OotP DVD. And she sings really well, too! O.O LOL She just seems like a really fun and funny person! Very approachable, too and snobbish at all. Haha. I think she enjoys being on the HP set even more than the kids do. XD

Avatar Image says:

if you saw ‘trailing tonks’ on the second disk of OOTP you will find how funny she really is! i love her! she made that video herself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Avatar Image says:

TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS! TONKS!

the plaster cast of her bum thing was funny!

Write a Reply or Comment