Tick Tock, PotterPuppetPals Top at YouTube Awards

Mar 22, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape has people singing along, and singing praises as the popular Potter Puppet Pals video was named a winner at the recent YouTube Awards. The video was a winner for “Best Comedy” as the awards acknowledge the best user -created videos of the year. The video features puppets of Harry Potter characters singing (including the always melodious Professor Severus Snape) in “The Mysterious Ticking Noise” video which you can watch via this link to YouTube. You can also learn more about these very funny Potter Puppet Pals created by Neil Cicierega at their website, here. Note to parents: These funny videos are family friendly, save the latest installment which has a clear PG-13 rating.

Thanks to everyone who emailed!

84 Responses to Tick Tock, PotterPuppetPals Top at YouTube Awards

Avatar Image says:

I LOVE POTTER PUPPET PALLS! KIDS RUN AROUND MY SCHOOL SINGING “TICKING NOISEALL DAY! WE GOT OUR CHORUS TEACHER TO PLAY THE VIDEO IN CLASS

CONGRATS!

PS I THINK IM THE FIRST POST! PLUS, THIS IS MY FIRST POST

Avatar Image says:

hums along LOL Love The Potter Puppet Pals, especially The Mysterious Ticking Noise (The elder Swear is funny too XD)

Avatar Image says:

As a Snapefan, I totally approve.

Avatar Image says:

...And now I have that song stuck in my head!

Avatar Image says:

YAYYY! I sing Potter Pals Mysterious Ticking Sound in my sleep. :D This video totally deserved this award! ANGST ANGST ANGST ANGST. hahahahaa.

I love POTTER PUPPET PALS!!!my favorite are Wizard swears and Wizard angst

Avatar Image says:

wow this is great this is my altime favorite vidio on youtube

Avatar Image says:

I heart PPP! Plus the fact that I (unknowingly) went to high school with the creator is pretty cool!

Avatar Image says:

wow this is so cool this is my favorite vidio on you tube is so cool my i also like bothering snape

(bother)

Avatar Image says:

wow this is so cool this is my favorite vidio on you tube it is so cool I also like bothering snape

(bother)

Avatar Image says:

THIS VIDEO WAS AWESOME luv the tune, glad it won, but it coud go tifout the dumbledore wifout clothes…. U WOUD SAY THT IF U WERE A TRUE POTTER FAN:P

Avatar Image says:

I have to agree, air73. Bothering Snape has me rolling every time. In fact, when I want to aggravate someone cranky, I say, “Let’s go bother Snape!” Nearly everyone in the room always knows what I am talking about, and starts laughing in anticipation, or they start singing “Snape, Snape, Severus Snape, Dumbledore!”

Avatar Image says:

Bother! Bother! Bother! Bother! Bother! Bother! Bother! Bother! Bother! Bother! Bother! Bother! Avada Kedavra!

Avatar Image says:

“I like the part where he stops moving!”

GO NEIL!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Okay we so have to reenact this on the boards…

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape, Snape, Snape, Severus Snape…

DUMBLEDORE!

Avatar Image says:

Warm Welcome to booknook716!

That was great!! I have never seen it before and it was hilarious!!

“Snape,Snape,Severus Snape” is gonna be stuck in my head all day!!

go potter puppet pals!!

Avatar Image says:

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape. DUMBLEDORE!

HEEERMIOOONEEEE!

Ok, after the epic madness of the caption contest, I seriously fear for our healths…

harrypotter…harrypotter

harrypotter…harrypotter

Doh..we missed Ron…

Voldermont, Voldermont, voldie voldie voldie Voldermont Voldermont

Seriously, we have to stop this! Personally, I thought the David Blaine vid was the funniest. But the puppets are of course very funny too. I kinda enjoying this Easter break ;)

Avatar Image says:

Voldemort, not Voldermont ;)

Avatar Image says:

Bizzarely amusing. Way to go!

Avatar Image says:

The best one is WIZARD SWEARS! Funniest thing I have ever seen EVER!

Avatar Image says:

I have 8 seconds of it as my alarmclock sound (IKEA Slabang), you can record you’re own sound with this. :D

Ooh voldy voldy voldy voldemort :p

Avatar Image says:

My hubby, who is not into HP at all, even goes around the house singing “Snape, Snape, Severus Snape.” It is my all-time favorite video. “Very catchy.”

Avatar Image says:

yeah the first time i watched it i was stuck in my head forever. Its really funny i didnt even know youtube gave awards

Oh I love Neville as the potato

HEHEHEAHAHAHA hilarious

crap diddnt mean to post that 2 times

Avatar Image says:

Am I the only one who thinks these are incredibly stupid and so NOT funny?

Avatar Image says:

Woooohooo!!! Love this video!! Congrats Neil!!

Avatar Image says:

I love the Potter Puppet Pals! Hahaha, poor Harry’s such a git in all of them.

Congratulations, Neil!

Avatar Image says:

‘What. is. this. RUMPOUS?’

Hehe. I say that a lot. :D

Avatar Image says:

I wonder what Jo thinks? I bet she’d laugh.

Avatar Image says:

“Am I the only one who thinks these are incredibly stupid and so NOT funny?” – K

Probably, but that’s ok. To each their own I suppose.

I heart PPP. I’ve been watching them since the beginning. I just think it would be SOOOOOOOOOOO cool if the cast did this as a DVD extra. Although Michael Gambon (sorry if it’s misspelled) doesn’t need to be naked. I say we should “bother” Dan’s, Rupert’s, and Emma’s boards and tell them to do this. Hopefully they can rope in Alan, Michael, and who ever plays Voldy.

Avatar Image says:

Ron, ROn, Ron Weasley! I’m so glad I voted for it! IT ROCKS HARD!

Avatar Image says:

I was shown the PotterPuppet Pals one night when I went to go babysit last summer. I was oddly disturbed that the little kids who I had been a nanny for for years (and still think of as 3 and 4 but who are now in the 4th and 5th grade) showed me these videos. But the second I saw them I couldn’t stop laughing. The second I got back to California, I showed my roommate. Anytime we say the word “Ooh” we both have to follow it up with “Harry Potter! Ooh!”

Love you Potter Puppet Pals!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, it’s hilarious. - It can be a bit Potter-racistic. But, it still great! (;

Avatar Image says:

I love potter puppet pals, and they really deserve it. It really annoys me though that people who aren’t fans have started singing it all the time. I’ve heard people who’ve made fun of hp before singing it randomnly at school. i know it shouldn’t really bother me, but it does. i know. i’m weird.

Avatar Image says:

“I just think it would be SOOOOOOOOOOO cool if the cast did this as a DVD extra.”—Posted by Amy Napierkowski on March 22, 2008 @ 02:11 PM

What a wonderfully cracked idea. We can dream, can’t we?

< tries to imagine Ralph Fiennes agreeing to this > < fails >

Avatar Image says:

Oh, and by the way: 243 days! Woo-hoo!

Avatar Image says:

I don’t usually go to YouTube, but this was worth it! “Mysterious Ticking Sound” was great! And their version of my all time favorite: ‘Bohemian Rapsody’.....EXCELLENT

BTW! I LOVED Voldemort with hair! TOOOOO funny. :D

Avatar Image says:

@Mountain Violet: It wouldn’t be that odd for Ralph Fiennes to sing. I don’t know whether you ever saw The Prince of Egypt? It’s an animated film and Fiennes does the voice of pharaoh Ramses II. He actually has to sing but his singing capaceties are, erm, modest. ( Well, he does try ;D )

Avatar Image says:

Oh, it wasn’t Mr. Fiennes’ singing abilities I was questioning; it was his willingness to participate in such silliness. ;)

Avatar Image says:

I loooove them… PPP are awesome! Mysterious ticking noise gets stuck in my head and my another favourite, Wizard Angst had me in hysterics when I first saw it.

“Harry Potter, Harry Potter UH Harry Potter, Harry Potter YEAH Harry Potter, Harry Potter UH Harry Potter, Harry Potter – that’s me!”

“My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can’t held down a girlfriend and I’m surrounded by peep goblins and peep all the time. I mean what the peep?

“What’s Harry doing..? -ANGSTANGSTANGST.”

“Ron invaded my personal bubble!”

I mean they’re all pretty classic, aren’t they?

Congrats Neil!

I need to make The Mysterious Ticking Noise my ringtone – it’d be hilarious.

....BOTHA!

Ron, Ron, Ron WEASLEY, Ron, Ron, Ron WEASLEY

Avatar Image says:

i love it. i’m so glad they won!

at school last year, me and my friends made a performance out of it, where each person did a different character. actions included. it spread through the school really quickly, and it drove practically all the math teachers mad. (we had a habit of doing on the way to maths class)

(Snape, Snape, Severus Sanpe!)

Avatar Image says:

I love potter puppet pals!!! especially the mysterious ticking noise!!!!! yaaay! im happy it won! i voted everday for it!!!!! _

Avatar Image says:

“NAKED TIME!” Gotta love Dumbledore on PPP! YAY I’m so glad they won I voted for them everyday!!

Avatar Image says:

A Year ago i first saw Potter Puppet Pals, and ever since I have been obsessed with them! They are very funny, and def. deserved to win!!!

Avatar Image says:

Hey everybody! Looking for a Harry Potter MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). Well look no further. Ime EvanB one of the few developers of Hogwarts Online. If you would like to find out more you should check out the Web Site at http://www.hogwartsmmo.webs.com or join our Forums at http://www.freepowerboards.com/hogwartsmmo! Thank you.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations, PPP! I got all of my little cousins singing “Ticking Noise” at Thanksgiving. It’s so catchy!

Avatar Image says:

Ron: I found the mysterious ticking noise, it’s a bomb…

BBBBOOOOMMMM!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I actually found this yesterday and watched all the videos! They’re great, and hilarious! =D

I love Potter Puppet Pals! I just watched Wizard Swears and it was hilarious :D

Woo I actually voted! xD

It was tough though, they were all very good.

Avatar Image says:

“I’m surrounding by effing Goblins and crap all the time!”

Yay for Neil Cicierega!!!

Avatar Image says:

i’ve been watching these videos for months now and they never get old! me and my friends sing the songs and repeat the lines word-for-word all the time!

i looooveee them!

:]

Avatar Image says:

I may be a much older Harry Potter Fan (56) BUT I’ve loved this particular Youtube ever since my Nephew put me onto it in October 07. BRILLIANT.! (& VERY Catchy).

Auntie B

That’s so cool^^

We ran around singing it in Berlin last year, such cool song:P

Avatar Image says:

haha!! congrats!! at a retreat i went to they did skits and one group did this one and like everyone watching on the bleachers just started singing along and dancing… it was amaZing and everyone @ my school sings it and all someone has to do is say snape snape in the middle of class and everyone will join in… even some of the tearchers have seen it and will sing along because i showed everyone and now its like a craze =] well earned

Avatar Image says:

Just a warning to parents – I watched a bunch of these with my kids and most were ok but there was some unexpected use of the F word and other obscenties. Maybe those have been weeded out or bleeped out by now but I suggest pre-screening if you don’t want your kids to hear that kind of stuff. That said, I think these are hysterical and love the Mysterious Ticking Noise. Congrats to the Puppet Pals!

Avatar Image says:

snape! harry! snape! harry! snape! harry! snape! harry! snape! harry! snape! harry! DUMBLEDORE!

ahahahahaha wipes tear from eye They deserved that award.

But my favourite one is Wizard Swears. That one’s just too funny for words.

Avatar Image says:

Cordelia – you are right, some of the other similar videos are awful. They are not all by the same person though. Neil Cicierega’s work is funny and almost entirely family-friendly. Even the “Wizard Swears” video is ok for my 10-year old. It doesn’t get much spicier than “cauldron bum”. But i made sure i watched it myself first, just in case, since you never know what you’re going to get on the internet.

Avatar Image says:

OH I AM SOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!! I love this. My friends and I sing it during school and it annoys our teachers but our classmates think it is hilarious!!!!! Go NEIL!!!!! I found out the news yesterday on the morning show ‘Sunrise’! They put on the video and everyone was laughing….even my parents!!!!!

‘Snape, Snape, Severus Snape. DUMBLEDORE!!!’ hehe…..so funny!!!!

Avatar Image says:

i always crack up even when somebody just MENTIONS the name ‘potter puppet pals’!

Avatar Image says:

oh, god, its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY AND STUPID AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!! I HAVE NOT SEEN THE WHOLE THING, BUT ITS SOUNDS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey, go on you tube and type in ‘if i ever leave this world alive’ and find the one that says ‘deathly hallows spoilers’ enjoy!!!

Avatar Image says:

uh, oh. I JUST CRACKED UP FROM JUST READING THE COMMENTS!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! DUMBLEDORE!!!! SNAPE, SNAPE, SEVERUS SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE is uh, oh right BEHIND YOU!!!! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!! SNAPE WILL KILL YOU IF HE SEES YOU WATCHING THE VIDEOS, SO BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

PPP ROCKS! The only bad thing about them is not having a new video every week. Bothering Snape is hysterical, and Naked!Dumbledore is soooo IC! I love it to bits, really.

Avatar Image says:

Oh my god I freaking LOVE Pottter Puppet Pals soooooo much!!! _^ Haha the mysterious ticking noise is deffinatly my favorite soo glad it got the award =] ha. I found the source of the ticking! its a pipe bomb! YAY! BOOM Voldymort Voldymort oo Voldy Voldy Voldy Voldy Voldymort!!! lmao. The Elder Swear is good too. beeep Daniel Radcliffe beeep hippopotumous. lol. n wizard angst is hilarous love it. Also love the part in Bothering Snape where all the sudden Dumbledore’s like “NAKED TIME!!!” XD haha i burst out laughing every time. i prolly saw like all of em i am a true ppp fan ^_

*Britt*

Avatar Image says:

Hahaha me and my friensd always sing this. definitley deserves that award!

Avatar Image says: i love him Avatar Image says: i love him Avatar Image says: i love him Avatar ImageTom riddles girl says: Potter puppet pals rox bothering snape wizard swears and ron's dissease are my faorites, eertime i watch i laugh Avatar ImageTom riddles girl says: though i do hum to the tune of the mysterious ticking nose alot much to the annoyance of my friends.Avatar ImagecrazyforSeverus says: Potter Puppet Pals are amazing. I never get tired of watching them!

Write a Reply or Comment