Report: Auditions to Begin for Characters at Harry Potter Theme Park

Mar 30, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

With construction now underway on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, work begins on other facets relating to the theme park in Orlando, Florida. As such, we’ve gotten a new report today stating auditions are now, or will soon be, underway for actors to portray an assortment of magic related people, including characters from the Harry Potter novels. Word is that they “are casting all the major parts for the characters in the books,” in addition to others such as “a wand instructor for the kids. They basically show kids how to do wand magic tricks.” Others “will be traveling actors through the park playing the parts of wizards that come together in duels. They have specific spots in the park that this happens for special effects. For example, one wizard throws a spell at the other, the other reacts, does stunts and the places around, or behind them, bursts into flames or there is an explosion.”

Finally, in one very cool piece of news, reportedly “there is going to be a ride through Gringotts that is based on the rails through the bank. There will be a stage show that comes from Goblet of Fire of the scene in the grave yard where Harry fights Voldemort.”

As fantastic as this sounds, please keep this in the rumor category for now, until we can obtain further information on this. As announced previously, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is under construction at Universal Orlando, Florida, with the latest report stating a December, 2009 opening is planned.

Thanks so much T!

123 Responses to Report: Auditions to Begin for Characters at Harry Potter Theme Park

Avatar Image says:

That is SO cool if this is true! Too bad I won’t be living in FL then. :( That sounds so awesome!!! squee

Avatar Image says:

All theme park news excites me! I can’t wait to see it all happening ! Definatly conquering my fear of flying for this !!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, sometimes I wish I was 10 years younger and lived in the USA! Potter fans should definitely try out for these roles. Getting to play-act in the Potterverse while encouraging children and their families to read? What a cool job THAT would be for a year or two!

Avatar Image says:

I wonder how they will implement the light sizzle beam effects between wand duelling (if at all they have it)

Avatar Image says:

yay! first comment i think! i really hope the thing about the gringotts ride it true because i think that would be amazing. and i love the idea of having wizards doing duels and wand instructors.

Avatar Image says:

It all sounds GREAT!!!! They should have made it in Europe though!!! After all, Harry is British…

Avatar Image says:

OH OH! i want to be umbridge!!! please…

Avatar Image says:

Good luck to whoever is going to go to audition! Anyone who lands these jobs is going to have a spectacular time!

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait! Good Luck if you are planning on auditioning! It would be such a fun job if I was an actor, or had any talent when it comes to acting.

Avatar Image says:

English or not… America gets always everything!!! It’s not razzism, it’s just that sometimes I feel like I would like to participate at something potter and I can’t because I live in Australia…and nothing I repeat nothing is ever organised here!!! They’ ve never had a premiere of the movie, never had a conference; there’s a WB village here and, u know the movies r WB’... so why is UNIVERSAL doing this project?

I don’t understand!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Orlando is the land of the greatest theme parks in the world. I am a Londoner and been to Orlando 4 times and never tire of the theme parks of which Disney World and Universal Studios (including Islands of Adventure) are leagues ahead of any other in the world. Here in UK, I think Alton Towers is our best park but that is a just a back garden child swing compare to the big production goliaths in Orlando. They are truly an experience not to be missed. it is the only place where a Harry Potter theme park can be done with the best production with no expense spared. If done in UK, the budget would be much less. Unviersal attractions pay a great deal of attention to detail in all areas including the queueing up. Staff actors are vibrant and top notch in making an attraction seem real. If any one is concerned about the performers having American accents, so what? Its the performances and entertainmet value that matter most. Besides, they may train the actors to speak with English accents but its not important. So I for one cannot wait to go back to Orlando for a 5th time, and emerge myself in that Harry Potter experience.

Avatar Image says:

AMAZING!!!!... though, I wonder how old you have to be to get a job there…

Avatar Image says:

Everything that Prof. Potter says makes good sense and I also think Orlando is an ideal place because of it’s year-round good weather. A summer storm may rumble through now and then, but it won’t be closed due to winter weather. I’m a thousand miles away, but I am making plans to be there the year that it opens. (God willing. :))

Avatar Image says:

@ Bea ‘Sorry, but Harry is English. Not British’

But Hogwarts is in Scotland, does that mean that the rest of us in the UK can’t be as proud of him as you English? (From a middle aged Welsh person)!!

Avatar Image says:

WOW!! Ok, I won’t get my hopes too high, but it just sounds so exciting!!! Much as I wish I lived in Orlando, I’m happy that the theme park is being made in orlando itself. i agree with Professor Potter, that place has the greates theme parks on Earth and Universal Studios will make sure thet the park gets nothing but the best!

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! I will have to save some money to make the trip from Missouri to see this place when it’s finished!! If I could get a part, I’d even move to Orlando! I don’t care what, just as long as It’s in Diagone Alley, or Hogsmead. I’d even sweep the streets for Harry!

Avatar Image says:

It sounds so interesting. I hope that I will visited once in my life, I am so far from florida but I hope that I will see it in life once.

Avatar Image says:

I think the most popular characters that visitors will crowd around are Snape and Hagrid and ironically, Harry, Ron and Hermione might be the least popular! Unless they are in duelling action with deatheaters etc.

Oh and Bellatrix might be quite popluar too if she’s beautiful, sexy but evil looking and threaten visitors with the crucio curse!...hmm might linger around her for a little longer. Of course all that depends on how well they are performed.

Avatar Image says:

Damnit! I live in the UK, and I have virtually no chance of getting there until I’m about 30! Ah well, never too late…

thats the spirit!!

No it kills me that the most fabulous theme park imaginable (obviously since its HP!) is in the faraway place called Florida!!! I live in Ireland and will probably never get there till i’m well of age! I agree with ats her name, its NOT fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;(

Avatar Image says:

I know for a fact that all the actors who audition for the parts of the roles have to have (or at least fake) a passable English accent. Or British if you want to think of it that way. As for WB asking Universal to do the park instead of Six Flags itself, my husband made a good notation in pointing out that it may be because Six Flags is not doing so hot in the financial department. What if they can’t afford to build this massive undertaking that is the Wizarding World? What if they don’t even have the land to put it on? Besides, people come to Orlando, Florida for all (or most) of their vacation and theme park needs. With Universal, Sea World, Disney, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and all branching outs of, who would not? Although I live about 45 min away from Orlando and the last time I went to a theme park was about 7 years ago for Grad Night. But we are already planning on taking a trip with Wizard World opens for sure!

Avatar Image says:

Sorry, but Harry is English. Not British. And yes they should have made it in England. But it would have been easier for everyone to place it in an existing theme park and so Orlando fits better. Posted by Bee on March 30, 2008 @ 08:51 AM

Actually, Harry is Welsh if you want to get specific, and the last time I checked Wales has their own football team soooooo that would not make him English.

Avatar Image says:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! I WANT TO BE HARRY’S DAUGHTER LILY!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I know that I might be 15 but I am still planning on buying tickets for opening day! WOOT!

Avatar Image says:

That’s it! I’m moving to Florida and begging them to take me on.

Hmmm….wonder who I could be….not one of the kids, obviously, unless I were Epilogue (or a few years post-Epilogue, ahem) era.

:D

Avatar Image says:

This is amazing! I’m delaying my trip up there if this really will be ready in December 2009! =D

Avatar Image says:

Keeping this all, in the “rumor” category, I am excited! I live “across the pond” and I’m glad it’s here! :p Not that I’ll get to go, mind you, but it’s a great place. I respect the English/Welsh/Scottish, but hey, YOU got all the Books first! [and the movies, too, I believe!] ROFL! Yep, we do have our “occasional Hurricane’”, but they usually only produce some good rain, in Orlando! [never fear!] I hope they have “traveling Diagon Ally Shoppers”! That would be awesome, too! GO, OLIVANDER!

There might be a way I could audition!!!!!!! :D

Avatar Image says:

To audition for Universal (any role) you must be 18 years of age or older, and a specific audition for anything Harry Potter isn’t anywhere on their audition web site. They did hold an audition a few days ago for stunt performers though, as they usually do every few months.

Avatar Image says:

I’m eighteen and live in downtown orlando and my accent pretty good. And i’m a theatre major. If i don’t get a job i’ll be flippin sad.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, I’m pretty much in the same boat, except I’m now graduated with a BA in Theatre.

The auditions for the theme parks are insane, there are tons of people. For anyone planning to audition, just expect to be there the entire day, even if you arrive early. It will be especially crazy with an audition for Harry Potter characters. Bring sunscreen because they only let so many people in at a time, and if it’s sunny or raining, bet you’ll still be waiting outside.

Avatar Image says:

Hurry John! Before someone takes the role of Dawlish before you!

Avatar Image says:

Cool, Courteni and Miss Rogue. If you get the job and they don’t make you sign a non-disclosure in your own blood, maybe you could tell us about it. ;)

Oh, by the way: 235 days to HBP!

Avatar Image says:

I cant audition:( but i re read it to see if wat there planning and it sound PRETTY DAMN COOL!!!

Avatar Image says:

OH MY GOSH! I knew they might make a ride with Gringotts in it! Whoa! :) I’m so flippin’ psychic. x) AND I predicted there would be actors who would have duels! Oh my goshhhhh! This is so cool! =) I can’t wait to go! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! I wonder if they’ll have a ride with the Ford Anglia!? That’d be so awesome! :] AND HOLY MOTHER OF A BANSHEE! The Goblet of Fire part seems SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool! Oh god. *breathe, breathe. My gosh. :D

Avatar Image says:

I have no doubt that they will be able to find actors here to do a great accent. If you have been to Disney lately there are a few great guys plays Captain Jack Sparrow who are so dead on you think you are watching Johnny Deep. They not only have his voice they have his mannerisms it is awesome to watch. I think that Universal will go to great lengths to make sure the people playing the HP actors for the theme park will be just as good.

I think they picked Orlando because It is the most visited or one of the most visited places in the world for non US residents. I live here in Florida so we get little tid bits like that in our news papers all the time. Plus WB is and American company and the US spend the most money on the HP books and movies. I am not saying that is fair or anything but since Orlando gets so many non US residents and so many US residents spend alot of money on HP it is a win win for WB to put it here.

Avatar Image says:

This is crazy awesome stuff. I’m just thinking of all the logistics in costuming and casting and dealing with the guests…best of luck to Universal.

Avatar Image says:

You mean I’ll be able to get my picture taken with the Weasley boys?? faints

Ohhhhhhhhh, Maple. ::faints with you::

Do you think they’ll have ALL the Weasley boys, like the books?

And what about poor Fred? :-(

Avatar Image says:

Nobody dies at Disney, Violet. :) I’m sure George will have his Fred and Snape and Dumbledore will be skpping through daisies together.

Avatar Image says:

Ahahaha! But it’s not Disney, now, is it? ;)

Avatar Image says:

Oh, you’re right! gah – not Disney. Then I’m sure we can expect gritty realism, then. pfft.

Avatar Image says:

Yes, the streets of Hogsmeade will be awash with Muggles’ blood, I’ve no doubt. ;-)

Avatar Image says:

It’s much better to have the theme park in USA than England because in England it’s rain very much but in Florida, USA, it’s always warm and good weather.

I think this theme park is very exciting. I realy want to visit it when it’s open. It’s still a long time but i would never stop loving Harry and his wonderful world.

I hope that they don’t do it to ’’proffesional’’ (to much effect, if you understand what i mean). I hope it will be like in the Harry Potter book and don’t to much thing..

Avatar Image says:

i realllly hope that this is true. i like in PA but i would sooooo go to the park if it would b like this!!!!

i hope i’ll get to go once its done…. :)

Avatar Image says:

OMG I forgot about accents. If these “actors” don’t stay in character then it’s going to be so bad cause it does matter. Imagine Harry etc with American accents. Shudder.

Michele I’m not saying your lying or anything but I would really like to see some proof that more non-US residents visit Florida than say LA or NY cause I really don’t see how that can be true. LAX is the second busiest airport in the world and one of the main stop overs for flyers. If it had to be in the US then it should have been in LA. To me Florida makes not sense.

I still think this park should be in the UK or Europe. I don’t know if I’ll ever go. Florida is not high on my list of the places I want to visit before I die.

And the whole Harry Potter is English not British thing is getting old. It can be classed as both so it’s not that big a deal.

Avatar Image says:

Hmm…I am one of those terrible skeptics who doesn’t think this park is going to work out. I really want to be optimistic about it, but I have this unshakeable vision of stores filled with Harry Potter action figures rather than “real” wands. I think Universal is probably the best place this could happen, but at the same time, I’m having a hard time picturing walking through Hogsmeade with the Florida sun shining down on you. It just seems…Out of place. I wish it could be somewhere in the UK, though I live in the US. I love visiting Florida, don’t get me wrong – it’s a great vacation spot! But I’d really prefer drizzly England to sunny Florida for something involving Harry Potter, strange as that sounds.

I know they’re counting on the American HP fans to turn out for this, and are expecting more money from them than they could gain from the people of the UK. Numerically speaking, there are more HP fans in America than in England. I get that. But I would be willing to travel to England or Scotland if I knew it was going to be really good! I’m a college student, so it’s true it would be cheaper – much cheaper! – for me to fly to Florida than to the UK, not to mention hotels and the like. But I would save money but ahead of time and I think I would be able to go, and I think I would enjoy it more.

I don’t know – I guess I shouldn’t judge before it’s completed and I’ve visited. I just question some choises, and whether or not it will be a real Harry Potter expierence or not.

Avatar Image says:

Yikes, just realized what a rant that was!... Length of speech does get overlooked sometimes when one is passionate about an opinion ;)

Avatar Image says:

I seriously wish that I was old enough to get a job there/ lived in Florida… It would be fun just going there as it is though. I HAVE to learn more!

Avatar Image says:

i’m in canada and i would Not be willing to fly to the UK for an HP section of a park attached to a second rate theme park. i don’t know what you guys are thinking but this is an add on to an existing park, not a stand alone entity. Orlando is a top family vacation destination – NY and LA is more a business hub, air fair to Orlando from anywhere in the US or Canada is less than half that to fly to London not to mention conversion rates, food, lodgings, ect are all much more expensive im the UK. lets not forget that it’s been said many times that US fans are much more fanatical, also this park can not survive on fandom alone who are willing to travel hundreds of miles. no one out side the fandom are going to fly to the UK for a themepark, however those who like the HP books but also like Universal studios, Disneyworld, laying on a beach, will fly to Florida.

this really is a no brainer, wether it’s “fair” or not.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, I’m SO EXCITED!! Ooh, duels! I wish the best of luck to those who audition! Ahh, a Harry Potter nerd’s dream come true…

((freaks out)) AGHHH.

If ONLY I lived and did theatre in FL, this would’ve been my DREAM job. To be Hermione! Or Romilda! Or ANYONE.

Now I’m really depressed. :( lol

Avatar Image says:

I’ll definitely be heading out to Orlando to pay a visit to the Harry Potter theme park. Gotta do something to kill time during the two year dry spell between Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows Part One!

@ siyrean

That’s a good point – the majority of HP fans wouldn’t fly out to the UK, and people who aren’t huge fans definitely wouldn’t. But that is looking at it from a purely money-making standpoint. Yes, the most money will be gained from placing the HP area in Florida. But quality wise, I would really prefer somewhere in the UK.

Anyway, I know most people couldn’t afford/wouldn’t want to/just don’t like the idea of flying out ot the UK for it. I just personally wish it could be as realistic as possible.

This sounds sooo kool!!!

OMG I am so excited!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m so lucky I live a hour away from Island Of Adventure. Can’t wait to be the first on the rides.

Avatar Image says:

It can’t be helped if I jump “Snape”... teehee!

Avatar Image says:

Thats is amazing, im so going in 2009… it willl be aweseom to take photos with the characters….its just four hrs away..

Avatar Image says:

I would LOVE to audition as Ron, seeing as I look oddly enough like Rupert.

Avatar Image says:

I would kill to play Hermione. I’ll be a junior in high school though. You have no idea how much I want to go, audition, and if I get the part, drop out and forget about college (I’m aiming at Princeton, mind you!). I live in the Tampa Bay area. Auditioning would totally be worth it.

@ Aqua

“Basically (and this is just one naive person’s opinion), I would rather go to a place that really feels like Harry Potter England because it is England, than go to a place that feels like a really fabricated version of England…In Florida.”

As a Brit (Welsh actually) I personally would like to see something similar to Hogwarts itself being built. NOT a theme park but an actual building & grounds of some description that can be turned into Hogwarts school, the grounds, Hagrids house etc. Maybe for day trips & even sleep overs. Some nice rich entrepreneur is needed for this venture!!! Imagine it, going through the castle & Peeves the poltergeist throwing water bombs at you. FANTASTIC!!!

Avatar Image says:

This is so exciting! I wish I were free to audition. I’d try out for Professor Trelawney. Even Though I use McGonagal’s name, I don’t think I could be stern enough for her. Anyway, although I’m not young, I intend to get to that amusement park some day.

Avatar Image says:

I really want to be able to audition in this.

Can you tell me where this is happening so I can participate in this?

Leaky staff, please e-mail any details to how I can audition if you have this information, thank you!

-Justinn.

Avatar Image says:

there’s really no one i could audition for…i’ll just teach the kiddies how to wave a wand, i suppose.

Avatar Image says:

That would be such a snazzy job! Oh well. The actors had better not talk american though.

Avatar Image says:

oooh Grubbly-Plank, I’d go there for a weekend! Personally, I’m hoping they keep some of the large film sets after the films are done so that we can walk around them. I’d love to visit the common rooms and dorms.

But I agree with Professor Potter and others that a theme park will be done far better in the USA than the UK. It would be amateurish in the UK. I think this one sounds like it will be good.

[....Though if you’re interested in a history lesson, the ancient Britons or the British were really the original indigenous population of England and Wales. The culture was eventually to survive more in the West of the country, especially Wales and Cornwall, because invasions from the East watered it down or eliminated it elsewhere. The Welsh and Cornish languages are ‘British’ languages…]

Avatar Image says:

How are they putting in gringotts if were just seeing hogsmeade and hogwarts? Are they putting in additional parts like diagon alley?

Avatar Image says:

@ anne “Can I be pedantic and point out that Harry is British AS WELL AS English or Welsh (my own preference is that Harry’s Welsh)? The nationality ‘British’ is used to cover Wales, England and Scotland.”

Absolutely, I couldn’t agree with you more, it’s just that someone earlier said that Harry was ENGLISH, not British, which as you know can get some folks danders up!!!

Avatar Image says:

got to tell you my brother works at universal and he said the potter project is the biggest in the park using part of the lost kingdom world and developing property that have never used before .it is going to be unbeliveable!!!! so everybody get ready to be amazed. they are using the same man who designed the sets for the films fantastic huh

Avatar Image says:

I wish I lived in Fl so I could audition! But my family can’t wait to go when it opens!!

Avatar Image says:

Very cool. Though I seriously doubt I will have enough talent or time to audition for a part in this reveloutionary theme park – I definitely want to be there opening day.

Avatar Image says:

I’d like to add to my earlier post, before someone gets offended at my comment that a theme park ‘would be amateurish in the UK’, that I’m from the UK! I had accidentally deleted reference to where I was from, and so realized it might sound offensive without that.

Hi Grubbly-Plank, my comment about British/English etc was not aimed at you but at those early posts that seemed to be confused :)

Avatar Image says:

Wow, I am so excited for the theme park! I am totally going to audition! It’d a be great experience since I’m planning on majoring in Theatre/Acting. Maybe I’ll check out the colleges down in Florida, just to be on the safe side…

Avatar Image says:

I didn’t actually think about having characters in the theme park. It seems too impossible to try and make another Harry Potter other than Daniel Radcliffe. I’m up in Ontario, Canada and just 2 weeks ago took what i think was the last trip to Florida with my family (I’m 16) Bugger!

Avatar Image says:

Almost makes me wish I lived in Florida. ‘Course, I cant imagine a part I could be, cept maybe Hagrid…

Avatar Image says:

I’m with Justinn! I’d really like to audition. I need a job soooo bad. I love the Potterverse. I have bushy brown hair and rather big teeth. I’m a fair actress. And did I mention I need a job soooo bad?

Come on, Leaky Cauldron, help a girl out!

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait for it to open! and I am wondering how they will map out the entire place too, I mean, i really don’t know for sure but if we are only getting Hogwarts and Hogsmeade then it wouldn’t be cool because Diagon Alley is super important as it has The Leaky Cauldron, Olivander’s, Gringotts, etc etc etc! It would be Amazing If they had it so you could enter the Wizarding World throught the Leaky Cauldron and then enter Diagon Alley, then have Hogwarts and behind it Hogsmeade – I think that would be the best layout. Man! I wish we had more info about the plans and stuff… I mean why do they (WB, Universal) care if we get more info? It’s not like they can steal the idea as no one else can do anything like it or they’d be infringing copywrite or something and they wouldn’t have Jo’s permision! Come on WB and Universal! PLEASE give us more info! PLEASE I beg you!

Avatar Image says:

Does ANYONE know if they have already started auditions??? Me and some people wanna tryout but I don’t want to travel all the way and no even get a chance. ANYONE!?

Avatar Image says:

im defiannally tryin out ill prob make it i hope im his biggest fan and all my ringtones are harry potter this is awsome the theme park i hope its a sucess yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I am so moving to Florida! Screw college! :) I think I’ll go tell my parents that I have given up the dream of going to law school to instead persue a career as a wand instructor at the Wizarding world of Harry Potter. :) :-)

Avatar Image says:

The comments about Harry being English and not British was confusing to me as I have always known that England is in Great Britain. How you can be English and NOT British is beyond me. Having said that, I hope the new theme park lives up to our great expectations! ;-)

Avatar Image says:

Auditions are sporadic and they are making up the parts they need as they get more and more plans for the park. Right now I think auditions times and dates are being spread around just the Orlando area but there are no set dates but I’m not sure. Just keep looking at their website. It says right now that there are no positions available right now but they are already deciding what’s going to be played of course. There is going to be a Diagon Alley based on the one in the movie. And something (cause they really have to if you think about it) to do with Quidditch.

Avatar Image says:

I want to audition! I live in Miami and this would be the ULTIMATE summer job haha

Avatar Image says:

I’m stoked….can’t wait to take the kids and walk into Harry’s world. I didn’t even really get into Harry Potter until a few years ago (when my youngest daughter got a little crush on Harry)...now it’s Potter mania in our house…books..movies…lego’s…action figures…posters…anything and everything all over the place. I can’t wait to see her face when she sees it for the first time. That alone would be worth travelling half the world for…luckilly we only have to drive an hour…but still….I’d find a way to England for it if I had to.

Avatar Image says:

So totally moving to FL!! I can’t wait until this theme park gets built. I think it’s going to usher in a whole new theme park experience.

Avatar Image says:

G2save G2save G2save…I am now very determined to alter my vacation plans. To Orlando i come. squeeeee. This is really awesome specially if it will really look like the one they show in pictures (plans) it’s really like the Hogwarts Castle and Hogsmead with all the snow. Fantastic

Avatar Image says:

Hey! Maybe John can audition! I wonder what the opportunity for career advancement is for this sort of job… Nevertheless, that would look awesome on a resume: “Was Neville Longbottom.”

Avatar Image says:

I work for Universal, and I talked to very reliable sources on the Harry Potter auditioning process and time frame. They won’t be hiring for anything with Harry Potter until around next June. Sorry guys! The Wizarding World needs to hurry up and open!

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!! Im going to audition!!! It sounds soo funnn!!!! I ve been to the USA and I really like it so maybe its time to get a job there!!! =P

Avatar Image says:

I cant keep myself in check ,Sue! I must shout to the heavens about these rumors. Im so excited! I think John Noe would be the perfect John Dawlish, dont you. Hey, Moochka, or however you spell Melissas cats name, could go out for Mrs Norris, and Sue could be Madam Rosemerta!

I was just on You Tube and watched all three half blood prince sneak peeks. Im stoked! QUIDDITCH is back! This looks like an enormously FUN movie. It’‘ll be dark, but all the relationships and fallout’s have to be established. Without it’s romance, heartache and treachery Harry wouldnt have that added sense of sadness of what he’s leaving behind. Deathly Hallows is all about sacrafice and Half Blood Prince lays down the foundation for it! CANT WAIT!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I think this is a great idea for a theme park. However I have one question…

WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE WORLDS HARRY POTTER FANS????????

Avatar Image says:

AHHH!!!! w00t!! I’m so Excited!! I’m already saving money for this place, it’s going to be the coolest thing EVER. I can’t wait till it opens!

Avatar Image says:

Haha,I’ll be around 18/19 when the park opens.A great summer job I was thinking! Wouldn’t mind staying in Orlando instead of raint England for 8 weeks ;)

That’s SO lame.

Avatar Image says:

If you want a fairytale experience in Europe, I would recommend a trip to the Netherlands and especially the Efteling (www.efteling.nl). It is one of the best themeparks in the world, according to experts, it has even won the highest price in themeparks and its for all ages.

I’m Dutch, so don’t mind the enthusiasm :p I’ve visited it loads of times.

It has a fairytale forest but also cool rides and villages. One area looks a bit like Hogsmeade (Anton Pieck plein en Volk van Laaf, for people familiar with it) and they said that Hogsmeade in the movie is partly based on Dutch houses, but I can’t see that, except the likeness with the ones in the Efteling.

But I can’t wait for the opening of the themepark and when I have a job after university, save up and have a theme park vacation in Orlando. :D

Avatar Image says:

Whoever gets the part of Snape, I’d like a date, plzktnxbye!

Avatar Image says:

COOLZ :) Anybody know EXACTLY when the theme park will open? Darn it’s gonna cost A LOT just to fly to US, but i’m definitely going no matter what! :)

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait! It makes me want to quit my job and go audition!

Avatar Image says:

Sorry meant Harry not Haryy!

That’s SO COOL!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

“Can I just ask how is Haryy Potter Welsh? I thought he was English. I’m not trying to offend anyone but huh?! It doesnt matter really but I’m just curious. Anyone help me out?”—Posted by tintanktonks on March 31, 2008 @ 11:22 AM

Because his mother’s name was Lily Evans and Evans is a Welsh surname.

Avatar Image says:

i know this sounds weird… but if its a british book.. and a brittish film.. and had british charactors… it should be in britain.. i live in the uk.. but its not american… when do we ever get somthing the americans want? its kinda fustrating that there gonna be able to take the credit for a theme park… when all thats really american in it is.. the build… and it really anoys me to know that i will never be going there…ohh well.. its only a mabye..lol

Avatar Image says:

Oh c’mon. Only Americans are gaudy and brash enough to take the initiative to make Harry Potter Land!! (speaking as a gaudy American!). It doesn’t matter where it came from. Besides, he’s world loved, right??

Avatar Image says:

OMG, OMG, I started freaking out when I read this. I live 2 hours away from Orlando(1hr 45min if there’s no traffic) AND I’m an aspiring actor. I will definitely be auditioning to be one of the characters. Gah, I’m all giddy now. I have really thick eyebrows, maybe I could be Krum, but if they’re going to base your looks on the characters of the movies it’ll be hard since I don’t look like any of the actors :(

Avatar Image says:

I lived in Orlando for 8 years – it was awesome and I regret leaving! For those who are worried about the weather, it’s not too bad. It even gets nice and cool in the winter months between November and February, which coincidentally is a really good time to go there because of how inexpensive flights and hotels are (less crowds too).

I’m guessing one of the reasons they chose Orlando over LA or UK is because of the price of the land. Paying less for land to build the theme park gives them more money to put towards making the guest experience better. :)

Avatar Image says:

This makes me feel special ‘cause I like in Orlando. I have a friend who currently works there (Universal Studios), and I know someone whose father is working on this Harry Potter section of Universal. :D I can’t wait to visit!!!

Avatar Image says:

I hate the idea of a theme park. It sounds so incredibly cheezy. You are going to have HP wannabes walking around, looking more like “goofy”. I hate that they are building it in sunny Florida. It would have translated much better on the east coast with the change of season.

awsome

Avatar Image says:

Keep in mind this is ONLY a theme park, a few thrill rides with a story/movie set feel, not an attempt to create the real HP world. Universal, with the blessing of JKR and Stuart Craig, will make it as authentic and fun as a park with rides can be. The Islands of Adventure is a perfect fit with its movie/fun reading themes of the other “islands”, Dr. Suess, comics/comic books(Spiderman is my favorite!), and Jurassic park. The supporting infrastructure and tourist base is already in place and successful. I live near Orlando and have had season passes to Universal for many years, and I know what they build will be first rate and fun. BUT BEWARE, new rides tend to be crowded and break down often, so it may be best to wait a few months after opening. Also avoid summer and holidays. BTW, random, something the UK has that the US will never have, REAL castles! (Or any buildings much more than 200 years old. ) I hope to visit the UK some day….

Avatar Image says:

It’s in Orlando because theme parks are what people go to Orlando to see. If I go to Europe, it won’t be to spend time in a theme park.

Avatar Image says:

tintanktonks asked: >Can I just ask how is Harry Potter Welsh? I thought he was English. I’m not trying >to offend anyone but huh?! It doesnt matter really but I’m just curious. Anyone help >me out? Mountain Violet replied: >Because his mother’s name was Lily Evans and Evans is a Welsh surname.

Firstly, just to show I am not being nasty to the Welsh, I am Welsh born of a Welsh father with the surname Evans (incidently, my name Susan can be translated as Lily!). As I was born in Wales, I am Welsh but my mother is English. I now live happily in Suffolk countryside working for a Scottish bank!

Lily was an Evans before her marriage. She must have lived in Spinner’s End as thats where she meets the young Snape. So where is Spinner’s End? This is in the North of England. Not Wales. So, was she born in Wales – we don’t know. It may be that her father was Welsh and her mother not and that the whole family lived in England. Let us assume she has lived all her life in Spinner’s End before going to Hogwarts, which makes her English.

James Potter is not Welsh either. Don’t know where he lived before Godrics Hollow but the implication in the books is England.

Godrics Hollow seems to be in the West of England. It MAY be in Wales. It was AFTER Harry’s birth that the Potters moved to Godric’s Hollow so let us assume the family lived elsewhere before that move.

So, Harry is born of two English parents with perhaps a Welsh grandfather! And it is likely that he was born in England which makes him English born.

Or British!

To be frank though, does it really matter? Britain encompasses the whole of Wales, England and Scotland. Harry Potter’s world encompasses the West of England; bit of Wales at least (through the Forest of Dean which straddles England and Wales); London; Northern England; Ireland (Goblet of Fire Quidditch World Cup) and Scotland! I have never come across such a wonderfully inclusive book so why should anyone quibble about where people in the book were born!

Still wish Harry Potter’s world was being built in England/Scotland/Wales somewhere though!

Avatar Image says:

Theme parks are overrated and overpriced. It’s true you do go to Orlando for the parks, that’s what makes it so tragic.

Avatar Image says:

YES! I LIVE IN ORLANDO!!!!

Avatar Image says:

This is amazing! Im living in Florida, and soon to be living in Orlando! But im able to go there anytime. When I was living in the UK I did not realize when seeing Harry Potter that this would actually happen! Its so intresting on how far Harry Potter has gone. Its gone from books, to imagination. From Imagination to movies. From Movies to Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

itz brilliant to heard that!! i am so exited about the news and hope to visit there soon…. can’t wait! Marilyn for Cambodia

Avatar Image says:

I am glad that it is in Florida because nothing ever happens there (i should know because i live there) and finally this will let alot of people visit and maybe even the real actors/actresses.Everybody thinks of Florida as so fun for all its theme parks and stuff but it can get a bit boring after awhile. I think Disney would be a better place for it because i has soo much more rides and it feel more alive than Universal.

Avatar Image says:

I could totally be a witch, even if I do have to use a cane to get around. I could hack it! I’d MAKE myself hack it, if I could get an audition! Augh!

Avatar Image says:

THIS IS SOOOO COOL! I can probably drive there!! to lazy thoe… rather take the airplane.. its faster too… yay for living in Canada… I sooo want to go there and go on the Gringotts ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG that place sounds like so much fun. i cant wait to see what kind if people they pick to play the parts of the characters. i want to see who they use as malfoy. that gringotts ride sounds like so much fun. i wonder if you get into the park through platform 9 3/4? that would be so cool.

Avatar Image says:

I am an actor and I want to know if these are REALLY being announced. It honestly would be my dream to play this role. If anyone has any info on them please reply to this.

Write a Reply or Comment