PotterCast 145: The Fantastic Four

364

Apr 01, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The 145th episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is now online featuring a foursome of PotterCast fantastic-ness and the latest installment of “Are You Smarter than John Noe?” In the news this week, we bring you new information on the possibility for a May debut of the “Half-Blood Prince” trailer, a teaser report the Slughorn Christmas party scene in HBP, Harry Potter influences at the university level, Jo presenting a literacy award to prison inmates, and much more. We also have for you an update on the current situation with the Harry Potter Lexicon. Next, four PotterCast listeners match wits with our John Dawlish in a the latest edition of “Are You Smarter than John Noe?” Our Scribby5 girls then return to discuss a number of topics related to their essays and a new contest they have launched. Canon Conundrums makes its return featuring Sue, John, and Frak batting around theories and ideas, trying to figure out which Hogwarts house Alastor “Mad Eye” Moody was sorted into. Finally, John and Frak bring us up to date on their excellent eating adventures in California, the quartet’s favorite Jason Isaacs role, and a new contest that allows you buy a real life (virtual) PotterCaster for yourself. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“The Fantastic Four”

- The teaser trailer for HBP.
- HP at University, and College Quidditch teams.
- There is a contest going on at www.scribbulus.com!
- MadEye is in the house.
- Hufflepuff’s going for the gold¦ Olympic style!
- John and Frak have been eating their way through Southern California.
- I own you on Facebook.
- And more people that are smarter than John Noe.

RT: 79:12

Editors: Stede Bonnett, Samantha McManus, Liz Turney, and Andrew Garner

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (36 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (12 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

38 Responses to PotterCast 145: The Fantastic Four

Avatar Image says:

YAY Pottercast!!! It was so excited to find my Itunes downloading the latest episode. listens now =D

Avatar Image says:

YES! YES! YES! QUARTET FTW!

Avatar Image says:

ZOMGGG I turned on iTunes and it was downloading a new Pottercast!! I was so extatic!! THANK YOUZ

BTW I LOVE THAT ITS GONNA BE A FOURSOME!!! FRAK= AMAZING New host! hheehe

k rant done.

Avatar Image says:

WOOO!! I didn’t know if there’d be a new one this week (since the one last week was late), so I’m quite happy to see this new one!

JOOOY

Avatar Image says:

Yay!!! The new pottercast!!! Now I can go do the dishes while doing something that is actually fun… what a concept!

Avatar Image says:

I’m three weeks behind on Pottercast! I don’t have a convenient time to listen now that I quit my job (to have a baby in three weeks). I have a feeling that I may miss the next several weeks too, but at least I’ll have lots to catch up on when I’m staying at home after the baby comes! She’ll grow up on Harry Potter, I guess!

Avatar Image says:

I cant get the direct download to work _

Avatar Image says:

YES!!! The quartet FINALLY!! Can’t tell you how long I was waiting for such an episode, and when I saw I-Tunes downloading it, I was like, YAYY!!! Can’t wait to listen!!! :-D

Avatar Image says:

Never skip a week again Sue!

Avatar Image says:

Must go download right now! lol

sorry kinda off topic but were the april fools prank? lol come on leaky there always so intresting lol

John Noe, I’ve been meaning to tell you I’m in love with your voice ;) i

and i have a question I would love to hear talked about: why can Harry not see thestrals until book 5 after he has seen Cedric die, when obviously he watched his mom die when he was little. Is this because he is too young of age?I dunno, i just reread book 5 and its bugging me.

thanks for getting me through another day, you guys!

Avatar Image says:

Can’t listen til tomorrow. sad face

Avatar Image says:

Yaya i love pottercast! it makes my week! i hope you guys are not going to make me supper depressed and tell me that you will talking about books other than HP as part of your weekly shows!!!!!! P.S i always have loved you show (you were my first podcast ever) and have always loved the trio but i dont think it would be a bad idea to keep Frack around hint hint ;) anyway i love you all esp. Sue Hufflepuffs forever!

Again….

ACTING TROUPE???

Avatar Image says:

3 things – 1: Frak you laugh just like Ewan McGregor! 2: Have you guys ever asked JK why Ravenclaw’s mascot is an eagle! Ravens are so much more clever or why not just call it Eagleclaw? 3: Thanks for finally talking personally about the lawsuit. I too love the Lexicon but cannot support the book version fiasco.

Hey Frak (Pellegrino!),

I can tell you from personal experience that the spell for making ice (in your drink, or across your lawn) is “ZAMBONI!”. ;)

Avatar Image says:

OMG this just makes me jump for joy…...nothing more to say =))))))))

Avatar Image says:

Yes, when are you going to get around to the acting troupe stuff?

Avatar Image says:

SO sad Jo’s intro says “The Pottercast Trio”...

Avatar Image says:

John + Sue + Melissa + Frak = Pottercast love2 (It’s supposed to be a little two)

Avatar Image says:

John + Sue + Melissa + Frak = Pottercast love4 (It’s supposed to be a little four)

Avatar Image says:

If only #128 and #126 would download either through iTunes or direct download, I’d be really, really happy.

Avatar Image says:

ahahaha when John said Shirley Temple played Moaning Myrtle in the movies, i thought I burst a gut from laughing so hard! :D

the answers to are you smarter than John Noe:

1. Ogg 2. Care of Magical Creatures 3. Olive Hornby 4. Shirley Henderson

Now, is there anyone that would actually believe that I only had to look up the last question?

BTW, Shirley Temple’s still alive. And to be fair to John, I copied this off IMDB’s Where Are They Now:

(1998) Recipient of Kennedy Center Honors

(1989) U.S. Ambassador to Czechoslovakia

(1976) U.S. Chief of Protocol

(1974) U.S. Ambassador to Ghana

(1969) Delegate to the United Nations

(January 2006) Awarded the Life Achievement Award from the Screen Actors Guild.

(January 2006) Presented with the SAG Lifetime Achievement Award by Dakota Fanning and Jamie Lee Curtis.

(1988) Release of her book, “Child Star: An Autobiography”.

(2006) Release of the book, “Shirley Temple: A Pictorial History of the World’s Greatest Child Star” by Rita Dubas.-----------

John, you can feel better about yourself now. :D

Avatar Image says:

Yay for PotterCast!!! Happy April Fools!! And congratulations, Economrs.!!! Good luck!!!

Avatar Image says:

Great show!!:) and keep the quartet,it’s awesome!!

Avatar Image says:

oh and just a question,i’ve been just wondering if you will make the dvd commentarie on PoA?maby it’s just me but i miss the commentarie on that one:(

Avatar Image says:

Profiteroles are a French pastry. Not italian….

Avatar Image says:

I dont have a Leaky Lounge account, but I had to say I applad Leaky for being so professional about the Lexicon Lawsuit, or atleast in the public, they have everyright to have an LTT moment and be all #$%^&^%$#!, i really hope the relationship can be repaired post trials, but if not, I will still us both, they are 2 seperate entities one in new, one is reference which I used for a HP trivia contest i am putting on

anyway thats my speal

Avatar Image says:

I loved this pottercast! Frak is a great addition to the team. In fact, my healer just perscribed a pottercast a week in order to keep the death eaters away.

Also i want to thank you for discussing the Lexcion issue, you discussed it so humanly and i really appreciate and respect the hard discissons leaky had to make. I know that no matter what happens i’ll only be being the scottish book (w/ its chapter designated to dwalish=]). Oh and great discussion on Moody, i tottaly agree with the slytherin house. It’s nice to see a good role model come from that house. Love LOVE you guys!

Avatar Image says:

Guys, on the reports that RDR may be calling JKR to the stand, it’s known as calling a hostile witness. It’s not necessarily common, but it does happen.

Avatar Image says:

Just to be clear on my previous comment, I’m not saying the report is valid, I’m just saying some parties to lawsuits find it necessary to call a hostile witness.

Avatar Image says:

Woooooo wow! Although I’m Korean, I hear this PotterCast. Because, Korean Society(Every company, college, University …) need English skills. So I study ‘listening English’ by PotterCast. Therefore, I really Thanks to Pottercast!! although i can’t catch every words, but i can feeeeeeel Pottercast!!!

^^* I want to continue this cast!...

If you want to make Korean Pal, Send a Email this adress ‘[email protected]’. Thank you for reading my comment! I’m Korean student, so It can be wrong to my words.

Avatar Image says:

I totally agree with your decision to break links with Lexicon. I’ve been quite vocal on the boards about how wrong I think their action is and how much damage it will do to the fandom. A brave decision. Well done and totally support you.

Avatar Image says:

This was such an awesome pottercast!!! You guys are so funny! and about jo’s intro, since the trio has now become four, I guess she’ll just have to come back on the show soon… :) good excuse isn’t it?

Avatar Image says:

loving the four thing going on

but they wont talk on myspace i wonder why ?

woe is me

Avatar Image says:

The emotion of Leaky leaving the floo network came through loud and clear with a great sense of sadness at a huge decision by the whole staff. I was glad to hear you all finally talk about it. I only wish the Lexicon had left the network and let the other 3 partners continue on, maybe someday…............

Avatar Image says:

Pottercast was awesome. The scribbulus section was garbage. Learn how to voice act or don’t read off a script.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t get into pottercast.com!! please help!!

Write a Reply or Comment