Julie Walters Discusses the Burrow Set and More in New Video Interview

121

Apr 07, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

There is a new interview online with Julie Walters (Molly Weasley) where the actress discusses filming on the set of the Burrow for the Harry Potter films. In a very funny interactive interview with Screenonline, Julie Walters gives some new details on things found in the set of the Weasley home in Chamber of Secrets, describing the pan being magically washed in the sink, and more. She says in terms of detail and the decor, it was the “most divine set” she has ever worked on, she adored it, and wishes they would film more scenes in the Burrow. She also jokes we should all write and encourage more scenes there and with her character of Molly Weasley as well.

This video interview is a unique interactive interview, where you can choose a category, and the subsequent questions where Julie Walters gives new details about her work on the stage, in films, being nominated for the Oscar award, going to Buckingham Palace in London to receive her OBE award, and life with her family. To watch the segment where she describes the beloved Weasley home, click here and select your video preferences (broadband narrowband etc). A new window will pop up, select the category “Family” and then click where it says “In real life, my house is a bit like the house of Mrs. Weasley.” Editors Note: While we are most interested in the Potter aspect of course, please be sure to check the various other categories as well for a truly delightful and engaging interview with this lovely and funny actress. Enjoy! Thanks so much Bekah!

31 Responses to Julie Walters Discusses the Burrow Set and More in New Video Interview

Avatar Image says:

Love this actress. Julie was at her funniest in Chamber of Secrets, with her howler, her endeavours to get Lockheart’s signature etc.

Avatar Image says:

What a fun interactive thing! I saw loads of questions, and some had multiple answers. I can’t imagine the kind of work that went into this interactive interview. Hearing her talk about Mrs. Weasley was a blast. I defintely agree with Professor Potter, she was her best in Chamber of Secrets. :)

Avatar Image says:

I absolutely adore this woman! She is such an amazing actress. And what a wonderful sense of humor!

I loved the interview, especially the way it was done by Screenonline. Hearing her talk about her family, why she became an actress (some very funny stuff there), working on HP and with Victoria Wood – it was a blast! And if you take too long to choose a question, Julie will get after you. It’s hilarious!

I agree with you Sue. What a FUN site that is!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, dont answer a question and she will get impatient, great fun. Almost feels like playing those old PC FMV games.

oooooooooo yeah.

could someone tell me how to post a pix w/ a comment

Avatar Image says:

jesus, i never knew she was so funny!

That must have taken some work to make!

Avatar Image says:

Yes, I was also wondering how you pic with your comments

Avatar Image says:

Good. I like it when I click links just so nothing at all can happen. It makes my day complete, really.

Avatar Image says:

I’ll write my letters now! MORE JULIE PLEASE!

Good thing Deathly Hallows spends considerable time at the Burrow. And the extended movie time should give her, her due.

Avatar Image says:

I cant wait to see her fight at Hogwarts in the last movie!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, that’s the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. Some of her answers are very thoughtful and poignant, about school and her mother, but some are just laugh out loud funny. I’m not quite through all the questions yet, but I loved the one under “Work” and the question “I was filmed by a naked camera man.” Funniest story ever.

I knew there was a reason I like Julie Walters so much. It’s her fabulous sense of humor and sense of fun. Thanks for the link, TLC.

Avatar Image says:

This interview was HYSTERICAL and in such a cool format. I especially loved the answer to the school years question.

I so cannot wait to see her in DH, both in the Burrow and at Hogwarts.

To answer puzzle’s question, you can put the pictures in using the website Gravatar to link an avatar to your e-mail address but as you can see by my picture that it doesn’t always work…

Avatar Image says:

She’s brilliant! Love her! There is so much more of Mrs. Weasley in DH. Can’t wait. I love that character. NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!!! She is so funny!

How DO u post pix w/ ur comments someone tell me!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

That was absolutely wonderful. Julie you are a remarkable girl truly remarkable !!! Such a fantastic interview . SUPERB

Avatar Image says:

I’ve now finished watching the whole thing, and found it also quite entertaining to click on the “wrong” answers. Sometimes she said things that were just funny, but other times she had side conversations with the crew. You get a real glimpse of Julie Walters the person. I’m adding her to my list of people I’d love to meet for a cup of tea and conversation.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I can’t WAIT to hear her say her famous line as she brings Bellatrix down! And you just know she will have a blast (so to speak!) filming that scene. I don’t think that’s a line we have to worry about them cutting…too many people would be furious! :)

Avatar Image says:

OH MY GOSH! That was the coolest interview ever! I totally loved how I got to choose questions and stuff. :D I wish every interview was like that. =)

Avatar Image says:

That’s so COOL! It would be so great to have interactive videos with the HP actors, in or out of character! Ooh, and interactive Pottercast interviews with Melissa, Sue, and John. Heehee.

Avatar Image says:

I LOVE this woman so much, the stuff about the virgin mary not crossing her legs is just hilarious!

Avatar Image says:

HIGH-larious!!! I have to agree with Eeyore. Tea and convo it is!!

Avatar Image says:

That was HILARIOUS!! I never knew she was so funny!! Love you Julie Walters! I can’t WAIT for her scene in DH in the battle where she battles Bellatrix! It’s going to be a classic! :-D

Avatar Image says:

I’m with Robbie. I couldn’t get anything, even when I supposedly was enabling popups.

Avatar Image says:

Julie Walters – a British treasure – a British institution.

Avatar Image says:

i did not enjoy the interview that much

Avatar Image says:

I’m so glad i found that site- to think i was just doing boring research for my degree, and up pops Molly Weasley to alleviate the boredom and distract me! lol so glad others like it too.

and i agree, Julie is going to be fab in DH movie!

Avatar Image says:

this was just amazing..wish every interview would me like this=D

Avatar Image says:

Here, here, Julie! Absolutley agree that their not taking advantage of the amazing Burrow and all the Weasley crew! I could watch just an hour of Burrow scenes over Hogwarts.

Avatar Image says: lavidjioAvatar Image says: Avatar Image says: