Rupert Grint Meets Jack the Ripper!

287

Apr 07, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Rupert Grint has seen the Grim! Well sorta, as the Ron Weasley actor attended a special opening of the Jack the Ripper Experience in London England. You can see new photos of Rupert Grint at the London Dungeons, site of the The Jack the Ripper experience, here in our galleries. The website describes this exhibit as such: “1888, and the fear rises inside you as you enter Jack the Ripper’s Whitechapel. As you wander the stinking slums the true horror of his terrible crimes is revealed in bloody, graphic detail. And then a scream, the flash of a cloak and an evil smile as you come face to face with Jack the Ripper himself¦ will you survive?” You can read more about the legendary tale of Jack the Ripper via this link. (Caution to parents of younger children is given due to the graphic nature of the background story of Jack the Ripper.)

50 Responses to Rupert Grint Meets Jack the Ripper!

cool!

Avatar Image says:

giggles that does sound very cool! Too bad I don’t live in England!

Avatar Image says:

Oh Rupert you are so cute.

Avatar Image says:

This sounds like such a Rupert event. lol Glad to see him there, he looks like he’s having fun! Love you Rupert bb!

Avatar Image says:

Very good :), I’d have loved to been there.

Avatar Image says:

oh wow. id love to be able to go there and see that!

I knew i loved rupert for other reasons!
Avatar Image says:

Lol I agree that’s so rupert!you’re the cutest rup!

Avatar Image says:

This is more of a comment on the exhibition itself. I can’t help but wonder where are we going when people start exploting criminal acts as a way entertainment. It isn’t often that I speak seriously here and I am sure I will get bashed for saying this, but I find this whole Jack the Ripper experience a bit disturbing. It isn’t a fictional character, the man was a murderer for chrissake!

Avatar Image says:

OhoOoOlalala Rupert looks so HOT!! and the ride looks like so much fun, I’m glad he is attending some events now, he got me worried!!! Rupert looks like he is so much fun to be around, he is always attending to some fun and cool events.

Avatar Image says:

I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS SO HOT!!!!!!! AND MORE DOWN-TO-EARTH THEN THE REST OF THEM!!!! THOUGH THE OTHER TWO ARE GOOD TOO,BUT STILL!!!! AW, HE LOOKS SO CUTE

Avatar Image says:

Thanks, Fer_keeper, because you pretty much summed up what I wanted to say. It just seems really, really wrong to make an exhibition of Jack the Ripper. sigh It creeps me out, this exhibition….

But yeah, blahblahblahRupert is coolblahblahblah.

Avatar Image says:

If this freaks you out, don’t go to London…for years they’ve had “Jack the Ripper Walks” and all kinds of exhibits in Madam Tussaud’s Chamber of Horrors and the Black Museum. It depends if you are fascinated by true crime stories or not. Jack the Ripper is also a mystery as they still have never found out who he (or she) was, and the inspiration for tons of film, literature and fiction.

There are also ghost tours and so on. That’s England!

The London Dungeons is kind of the hokey/commercial one though. But it sounds like an interesting “interactive” exhibit.

Avatar Image says:

Fer_keeper this is also history, they are showin what happend in the past of UNSOLVED murders. Jack The Ripper not only grips the imagination and makes people wonder what kind of a person he/she was because i dont think they ever desided if the murderer was male or female. I find hime intereting enough to want to go on the “ripper walks”. but sadly cannot. AS for exploiting the act for entertainment value. What was Sweeney Todd? Fictional yes but still a crime. You didnt have to look at this news item if you didnt like the subject. I find it very interesting ruperts into this sort of thing. Personally i hope he watches ghost hunters.

LOL. These are cool.

Avatar Image says:

Rupert looks thin and a bit pale, notice his nose is red compare to his entire face. I don’t really know what is so cool about this exhibition, I found this freaky mroe than cool, on the other hand I heard Rupert likes scary and horror films, so maybe he is drawn towards this kind of thing…creppy!

Avatar Image says:

Aww, the kid still looks bland and ordinary. Just your average, normal teen. I’ve stopped expecting that he’ll turn handsome one day. What’s more important is that Rupert is still down to earth and enjoys normal, ordinary events like these. Yah, this is just normal. Horror chambers like these are a dime a dozen.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve been to the London Dungeon, back in 1997. It was very cool, and extremely creepy. If you’re into that sort of thing I’d recommend it, but it’s not for the faint of stomach.

Avatar Image says:

Haha sounds touristy but very cool.

Avatar Image says:

I want to know who cuts his hair! because it’s horrible! They’ve ruined the ginger! I love him anyway, but for DH I want his hair like in OOTP or DL!

Avatar Image says:

Rupert Grint seems to be having fun! I mean, who wouldn’t? If he or she saw jack the Ripper! Praise to rupert for being so brave. ( sarcasm) Just to point out. Rupert looks mighty dorky in that picture. No offense to rupert lovers around the world. ( i’m not a rupert lover)

Avatar Image says:

Wow Dien, excellent use of sarcasm (sarcasm).

Avatar Image says:

oh and I think the pictures are funny! Thanks leaky!

Avatar Image says:

Isn’t there a mention of jack the ripper in one of the harry potter books? Maybe I’m wrong but I thought Seamus or somebody mentioned that? I really hope I’m not confusing that with fanfiction… that would be embarrassing.

Avatar Image says:

Uh oh, Fer_keeper, you’d better alert Disney right away! Their movies, even the animated ones, often involve kidnappings, murders, poisonings, burglary. Not to mention, they’re quite famous for their pirate movies and ride (yeah, an upstanding lot those pirates were!) and their Haunted House ride, complete with severed heads!

Avatar Image says:

I’m a bigger Rupert fan then Dan because Rupert is 10 times better at acting but oh my lord his hair looks terrible! Why did they ruin it for the film? Obviously the hair stylist is blind!

Avatar Image says:

FUN! I wish I could go!=) and I’m glad there is some Rupert news cause we don’t get these very often U ROCK RUPERT!

Avatar Image says:

You do realise that the actually Ripper was never found, this Jack the Ripper is mostly speculation. Someone mentioned earleir that Rupert doesn’t make many appearances at places, but he does a lot more than either Emma or Dan do. He was at the play.com thing not long ago, and he shows up at a lot more premieres than either of the other two. Actually Bonnie Wright and Katie Leung go to quite a few premieres too. When are we actually going to get something hbp related? I don’t care about Rupert attending some low rate tourist spot. Oh, and Sweeney Todd was based on real cases of murder in Fleet Street.

Avatar Image says:

Ukkkk why couldn’t it have been in Edinburgh dungen why London!!! Anyways Rupert you are so very cute

Avatar Image says:

I love Rupert, but OMG the haircut?? He should sue WB!!

Avatar Image says:

I agree with the posters who feel that this a bit disturbing it’s not a display of butterflies. I am a lover of history so I do love the historic aspects of this exhibition of jack the ripper.

Avatar Image says:

I wanna go there it sounds soo funn!!! _

Avatar Image says:

ummm…enzie, I think you are getting me wrong. I do enjoy mistery novels, I am a fan of several series like Women’s murder club, Bones, Ms. Marple etc etc etc…But Jack the Ripper’s is not a fictional story, and that’s what makes it all more scary and repulsive. This man (woman)’s story is indeed intriguing, I won’t deny that, but I have never seen what’s fun in this sort of entertainment. And yet, I never said it was wrong, all I said was my opinion.

Anyways, I always appreciate good mockery!

Avatar Image says:

And for the record, Disney isn’t as innocent as it seems. Can you say anti-communist control freak?

Avatar Image says:

w.o.w. that sounds so kool… bout Jack the Ripper and all that chips and salsa… maybe rupert could use some things he’d seen at the place and help him w/ scenes in HBP and DH…. ; )

Avatar Image says:

That’s cool. I love Rupert’s jacket, he always looks great in blue and the details are pretty sweet.

Avatar Image says:

Gosh, Rupert is so cute =)

Avatar Image says:

People are going to have a hard time believing Hermione can fall for that. (sighs)

I won’t!!!

R/Hr FOREVER!!!!

Avatar Image says:

ooohh i’d love to go there! Jack the ripper is a very terrifying yet fascinating murderer…

Avatar Image says:

ever since he wore those converse at the paris premiere it seems every scenster in the uk has a pair

lol. spot on comment!

Avatar Image says:

Horror is only entertaining long after it is over, to those of you who have expressed concern on the subject of this entertainment. It is human nature to have a morbid sense of humor and interest. It’s an interesting story. Why else would people flock to the stories of the Salem Village Witchcraft Trials or Sweeney Todd? This looks like fun, even if it is tacky.

Avatar Image says:

@pagini: What a rude thing to say. If Leaky didn’t have that whole thing against insulting other posters, this would be a whole different comment. But now that I think of it, I’m not sure (obviously because I don’t know you and can’t hear your tone) if you meant that jokingly, which I hope you did.

Avatar Image says:

Rupert’s a nice guy but i agree with pagini, that is not a flattering pic.

Avatar Image says:

Apart from that, besides from the fact that Hermione falls for Ron and not for Rupert ;-), love isn’t about looks anyway.

Avatar Image says:

Miriam: “Rupert’s a nice guy but i agree with pagini, that is not a flattering pic.” No, but haven’t we all pics we wish no one would see. Plus, the hairdo is just, well, I think the hairdo is the problem. Rupert looks just fine.

Avatar Image says:

I from the East End where Jack the Ripper plied his um…trade and it still captures the imagination of people here today, especially in Whitechapel where the murders took place. It may well be a morbid fascination but no more than many others around the world. It was one of the great unsolved mysteries with hundreds of conspiracy theories surrounding it, not to mention it inspiring many films and books. If it’s not for you, fine, don’t visit the trail. But if other people want to learn more about it then that’s fine too.

I see some Rupert bashers have arrived on this thread, but luckily Rupert either won’t read the comments, or won’t care. He’s just a salt of the earth guy who knows how to enjoy his life. Big up to him and you haters can (as we say in East End) ” ‘ave it on yer toes”.

Avatar Image says:

Zee I completely agree with you. Im not from london or anything but i find this person very interesting. There is still so much out there about Jack The Ripper we are not sure on and want to find out the truth. Me? I want to know if the murderer was some sort of doctor. Because the way it reads and sounds is that he/she made cuts only a doctor would do….. but yea i think this is not JUST for the entertainment of it but also a historic bit to see. Like i said B4 I hope to heck Rupert watchs Ghost Hunters…

Oh BTW the salam Witch trials…... thats a whole other can of worms. That wasnt murder but i know what your getting at with that instance.

Avatar Image says:

I know…..I think he was a doctor too…its scary how he used his knowledge to do this kind of stuff shudders and @ pagini….Hermione loves Ron and not Rupert….but Rupert seems like a nice guy though.

Avatar Image says:

RUPERT IS SO CUTE,ADORABLE,SMEXY,FINE AND DID I MENTION CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS AWESOME AND COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I WISH I COULD MEET HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Write a Reply or Comment