Ticket Prices for “Equus” on Broadway

272

Apr 11, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Earlier we told you that “Equus” would preview on Broadway September 5, formally open on September 25, with tickets to the play becoming available as a special to Amex gold card holders this weekend. While that still holds true, tickets to the general public will go on sale April 26 via Telecharge.com. We’ve had many many requests for specific information on these ticket prices and details on the dates of the play starring Dan Radcliffe and Richard Griffiths. As of today, the prices and dates are as follows:

Detailed Pricing Information
Orchestra: $116.50
Mezzanine (Rows A-H): $116.50
Mezzanine (Rows J-L): $66.50

Wednesday matinee:
Orchestra: $111.50
Mezzanine (Rows A-H): $111.50
Mezzanine (Rows J-L): $61.50

Premium Seat Prices:
$251.50

Saturday evening:
$301.50

Wednesday matinee:
$151.50

All prices include a $1.50 facility fee.

Tickets purchased online and by phone are subject to a per ticket service charge of $7.00 and a per order handling fee. Handling fees vary by how your tickets are delivered.

DATES & TIMES

Dates & TimesEXCEPTIONS
Added Performance: Friday – November 29 @ 2pm
Monday – December 22 @ 8pm
Friday – December 26 @ 2pm
Monday – December 29 @ 8pm
Friday – January 2 @ 2pm

Time Change: Thursday – September 25 @ 6:45pm (opening night)

NO PERFORMANCE
Saturday – September 6 @ 2pm
Thursday – November 27 @ 8pm
Wednesday – December 24 @ 8pm
Thursday – December 25 @ 8pm
Wednesday – December 31 @ 8pm
Thursday – January 1 @ 8pm

Additional information regarding parking and directions to the Broadhurst Theatre where Equus will be showing can be found via this link.

49 Responses to Ticket Prices for “Equus” on Broadway

Avatar Image says:

thats practically everyday, some with two performances each day for the next 6 months. thats gonna get pretty tiring wouldnt it?

i couldnt recall, but was the West End schedule this rigorous as well?

Avatar Image says:

What about the time in November he’ll be promoting HBP? Is they play shutting down for that time or are the understudies doing the performances? The people that don’t really follow HP (and don’t realize he has a film to promote) but do want to see Daniel in this play may be disappointed if they go to the play during HBP promotion dates.

Avatar Image says:

Oh my word I am sooo tempted to buy tickets and make it a getaway for hubby and me. What to do, what to do…(wringing hands)

I really, really want to see Equus! But I live in Iowa! :(

Avatar Image says:

You do realize the pictures of Dan as Harry in GoF you chose to illustrate this news have nothing to do with Equus, right?

Avatar Image says:

This is pretty much what the West End schedule was like. They do get Mondays off once the previews are over, it looks like. But eight shows a week is standard.

Not that I’m exactly surprised, but wow, these are verrry expensive tickets.

Avatar Image says:

lily: Yeah, pictures seem to be chosen randomly (by a code, I’m guessing).. when the new is about Dan, there’s a Dan picture. Get over it lol

Anyway, wow, those prices are high O_o; ... I got tickets for the french version in montreal (live there) and they cost me less than 35$ (I got student price)

Avatar Image says:

yes this is pretty much the West End schedule, which was Tue to Sat evenings plus Wed and Sat matinees.

Dan could do HBP promotion (chat shows etc) on Sundays or Mondays throughout this period. Also, I notice Nov 27 is no performance, doesn’t HBP open about that time? That date sounds a coincidence. I wonder if it is the Premiere?

Avatar Image says:

This is Broadway – the prices are “up there”, so to speak. The average ticket, though, seems to be about the same price as the London tickets.

On dr.co.uk, the web mistress is saying that he is scheduled to perform in every performance AND plans to attend the London and NY HBP events. That’s the only info I’ve seen on this yet. Leaky’s Order partner hasn’t reported this info.

Avatar Image says:

wht abt the time ard hbp premiere/promo/junkets/press conf/photocalls etc-will run fr world prem to early dec?will he get off?will only emma/rupert be doing it?come onetht is dan too…equus-find a stand in?anyone got details??

Avatar Image says:

Keep in mind, he will have the daytime free for any publicity. Actors in Broadway shows, even the non-famous ones, do a lot of cross-country travelling on Monday to return in time for the Tuesday performance. As for the prices, they are high for a play, which usually never charge the same amount, but that is the standard top price of a ticket on Broadway. Good thing I get to see this show 6 times a week for free!

As far as Radcliffe’s schedule…the producers worked diligently with Radcliffe to determine what days he will need to be away from the show and worked the schedule around it. Since only Radcliffe and Griifiths are the only non-members of Actors Equity, the show’s producers are required to compensate the cast for an 8-show performance schedule, and they aren’t stupid enough to put someone else in. Plus it seems to be around the holidays, when Broadway shows change their schedules to maximize attendance.

Avatar Image says:

That must be really exciting for Daniel and challenging too. I guess he will do just beautifully as he has done since the begining of his career… He will be able to handle Harry Potter publicity as well as his play’s. Maybe they are not going to use him as much for interviews for Harry Potter, they might be using a bit more of Alan Rickman, since his character plays a big role on this movie… Which wouldn’t be bad at all! :) I’ve just finished to read the play (Equus) and I was blown away by it… Now I totally understand what might have drown Daniel to it… I really would love an opportunity to see him on stage… I wish they would travel around the US with it, that would be awesome… just dreaming :) heheh

Avatar Image says:

Anne: November 27 is Thanksgiving Day, and shows don’t usually run on T-Day or on Christmas Day. It looks like they’ve scheduled extra matinees to make up for it, though.

Avatar Image says:

Its great you guys are getting to see Equus with Dan, i highly recomend it to anyone that can go ! Its 100% awesome !

Avatar Image says:

ME AND MY FAMILY IS GOING TO GO, IM SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow those ticket prices!!! You certainly need to have a few quid if you’re thinking going to see a Broadway show. Guess it being round holiday time, the prices will be higher?

Avatar Image says:

I also checked both the theatre and ticketcharge websites, and there does NOT appear to be any onstage seating, as there was in the West End production. Anyone else have other info on this?

Avatar Image says:

I hope they have student rush or standing room tickets. Those are usually about $25 and you can get them the day of the show. I really want to see it, but I can’t afford those prices! I live in New York and I think it has been about 7 years since I bought a full price theatre ticket.

Avatar Image says:

My friend went to see it!! She said it was good and her new favorite saying is “I saw Harry Potter’s hairy potter!” HAHAHA

Avatar Image says:

danradcliffe.com.uk is saying that Dan’s publicist is reporting that Dan will be available for all the listed performances.

There are a few boxes according to the seating chart and there are the “premium seats” which may still be on stage seating, but when I saw the London performance, I don’t know if I would want to be looking at the back of the actors. Guess we will know for sure on the 26th.

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone have any advice about what would be the best seats to get? I’m so tempted to pick up some tickets the moment they’re available but those prices are steep. But still, it’s sort of a once in a life-time experience and it’d be great to see Dan live. I live only about 20 minutes from the city so I know I could get there, no problem.

Seating advice, anyone?

Avatar Image says:

Since I’m Dutch and a student I will never be able to see the play with Dan. Those prices are very steep. But what I’m wondering is. Where can you find the play to read it? Are there websites or do they just have them in the american libraries? Or has it been published as a novel?

Avatar Image says:

Oh my god, sooooo expensive- $301.50? I saw this in London- paid £37 (about $75) for the on stage seats (which I assume are premium seats). View was excellent, the actors didn’t always have their backs to us and it was definitely an original view.

Maybe not for $250 though…

Avatar Image says:

Petra, It is by Peter Shaffer, Penguin Books here in the US is the publishing company. Isbn #9780140260700.

Avatar Image says:

Just so people know, the premium seats are NOT onstage seats. They would have clearly specified if the seats were onstage. Premium seats are in the center or sides of the orchestra, usually dead center, and they can vary from row A-J. They’re basically there for the tourists who are crazy enough to pay those types of prices. With a show this popular it can sell out extremely fast (like Wicked, Jersey Boys, etc.) and these seats are so expensive so they don’t get sold right away and so people who are really dying to see the show can still see it without having to resort to the scalpers.

Honestly, I’m doubting that they’ll have student rush for this, only because it might sell out! Otherwise you’d have to start to stand in the rush line at like 4am…something not to uncommon from Spring Awakening’s rush. They’ll most likely have standing room though, which is when the show sells out and you stand in the back of the orchestra.

Avatar Image says:

If you were British you get the tickets cheap (weak dollar against the pound) But I think you have to really insane to fork out that kind of cash. I know its top quality theartre, but seriously, that much!? I wonder if Melissa will be trying to get her hands on tickets :p

Avatar Image says:

The tickets go on sale on my birthday so I’m making someone, anyone buy me the tickets, I’m a poor student as well but this is truly once in a live time and I’ve read and adored the play. Anyone know what the deal with premium seats is?

And also, the preview on September 5th, is that free, will Dan be there?

The irony in all this is that I leave for university in England (partly inspired by HP) like Sept. 15 so will have to wait till December to see it!

Avatar Image says:

This is Broadway. They don’t do student rush or on stage seating. No such thing. For that you go to off or off-off broadway shows. Here is the seating chart. It is on the website linked above. http://www.telecharge.com/seatingChart.aspx?showTitle=Equus&seatingChart=Broadhurst1108.gif” alt=”Broadhurst Theatre Seating Chart”

Avatar Image says:

X-PEN-SIVE!!!!! Maybe too expensive for me… I’m already saving up for a life-long-dream trip to Ireland and other parts of Europe for my grandmother and I and thats quite a lump of cash to gather… now tickets up to 300+ dollars!? wow, I don’t know how good are my chances to see Equus in Broadway.. :o((

Avatar Image says:

Wow, those prices are ridiculous! I might be in the US over that time (live in South Africa) but in rands, one of the normal Equus tickets would cost me over R1000! It’ll have to be the $65 one. I don’t know how they expect to make the play accessible to a wide audience by charging so much (but this applies to Broadway shows in general) ... theatre should be for the people!

Avatar Image says:

actually, many broadway shows offer student rush tickets or standing room only…there’s a good chance equus might as cat on a hot tin roof is offering them (same theatre)

check out link below: http://gonyc.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=gonyc&cdn=travel&tm=7&f=10&su=p284.9.336.ip_p531.49.336.ip_&tt=2&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.talkinbroadway.com/boards/index.php%3Fcategory%3D%26rush%3Dshow%26order%3D

Avatar Image says:

@Nylorac, thanks for the isbn, maybe I will order it, I hope it won’t be to expensive. And has to be imported. the libraries don;t have it in their collection.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, I know about the standing room only discount tickets (never happened to the shows I wanted to see when I visited), but never heard about student rush (maybe because I’m not a student). So sorry about the wrong info on that. It’s still like the lottery and I guess you just have to find out if the show is a sellout on the day you want to see the play. I gave up after the second show I wanted to see was a bust, I ended watching a very good off-broadway play instead.

Avatar Image says:

I purchased tickets this morning with a regular AmEx card.

The Gold card gets slightly better seats, but anyone with an American Express card can purchase tickets right now.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, um, I’m definitely going to see if they do student rush-those are usually about $20-$40, with good seats. There’s also the TKTS booths and all. Not paying full price, can’t do that! (I love living in New York…)

About the box seats: what a lot of people (ie tourists) don’t realize is that, while you may pay tons of money for the private box seating, they actually usually aren’t very good seats. They’re on the sides of the theater, and you’re much better off NOT in a box seat, because you’re so far to the side.

Avatar Image says:

I got my tickets, I got my tickets!

Avatar Image says:

If you people think that this is going to have Student rush or SRO, or obstructed view tickets available later on you’re deluding yourself, and I doubt this will ever make the TKTS day of offering.

This is going to sell out.

Avatar Image says:

So which seats are the best? Orchestra or Mezzanine or Premium? AHH, no one seems to know =/

Avatar Image says:

Just managed to get my one ticket for Sept 20 matinee at the $116 ($128 by the time you add all the surcharges) in the orchestra about mid-way back, but I’m already seeing some scalpers in play with tickets on Stubhub.com going for $550 apiece for a Saturday 8 p.m. show! Killer. The lowest I saw on that site was $238. None of these prices was for “premium seats” either.

Avatar Image says:

The prices are expensive but this is a once in a lifetime thing for me. I just would like to know the difference in the seating. What is the difference in the Orchestra seats and the Mezzanine seats. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks!

Avatar Image says:

Orchestra is the floor. Premium seats are the center section for about the first 5-10 rows.

Mezzanine is the balcony. It hangs over the orchestra. The first row of the mezzanine starts around row k of the orchestra.

I saw Equus in London twice – once in the mezzanine, and once third row center of the orchestra. The full visual effect of the play is better from the mezzanine imho.

Avatar Image says:

Call me crazy but isn’t broadway usually dark on mondays or is that just for the musicals?

Avatar Image says:

Thanks JoAnne…that was a big help in deciding what tickets to get. My friend and I are going to take our vacations during the week of opening night so we can see it. I am so excited…just can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

So basically Premium seats aren’t the optimum viewing experience? I just want to be able to see Dan as close as possible lol (and see the whole play well of course , not shallow, I’ve read the book!)Money isn’t really an issue as it’ll be a birthday gift.

should we try to go?

Avatar Image says:

i know this play is not pg13, but does anyone know how old you have to be to get in. and that song about potter was extremely tacky. It sounded like some bridal shower gone wrong on Bridezilla.

Avatar Image says:

Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think i will stik to hp moves thanks

Avatar Image says:

SQUEEEEE I just bought tickets for December! Can’t Wait!

Avatar Image says:

hey, i was wondering if anyone knew the difference between the preview and the official performance

Write a Reply or Comment