Helen McCrory on Narcissa’s Wardrobe in “Half-Blood Prince”

119

Apr 15, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Actress Helen McCrory is featured in a new article from the Times Online briefly discussing the attire we will see her in as Narcissa Malfoy in the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” film. While unable to give specifics about what her character will be wearing, she did relate the sensitivity of information such as a character’s wardrobe, saying: “I play Narcissa Malfoy in the new Harry Potter film. If I told you what I was wearing, I would probably have to kill you; it’s a bit like working for MI5.” Mrs. McCrory does go on to talk a little more openly about the style of the costume she’ll be wearing, stating:

“My costume is very couture, with beautifully sculpted silhouettes. The costumes are designed by my Parisian friend. Of course, style was battered into her at an early age.”

Images of the actress sporting many of the the looks she goes on to discuss in the article can be viewed right here in our image galleries.

“Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” will hit theaters November 2008.

38 Responses to Helen McCrory on Narcissa’s Wardrobe in “Half-Blood Prince”

Interesting.

Avatar Image says:

cool. Can’t wait to see some pictures and a trailer.

Avatar Image says:

Cool! I always imagined her being the top of witch fashion. Not quite like muggle dresses, but close.

Avatar Image says:

I def see Narcissa beinhg a couture person. Is it me, or are they being slightly more tight lipped with this film?

Avatar Image says:

I think of Narcissa as couture really high fashion. I think they did ok not great but ok

Avatar Image says:

cool she is funny, I cant wait to see more clear pics of her costume and her as Cissy. I agree they are more tight lipped about this film.

Avatar Image says:

I guess that TLC can’t post them for obvious reasons, but I’ve seen at least two pictures of her so far. I hope that this’ll make WB release some good quality shots of her before long. :)

Avatar Image says:

Interesting. I have always seen Narcissa in velvet and silk. A bodice like top, and a long skirt. And after Spinners End, I can just picture a long, fitted cloak, with a very deep hood. Made out of dark velvet, I think.

Avatar Image says:

I really wonder why they’re being so tight lipped.I have a feeling this movie will be the best in the series,for some strange reason I think they are keeping a secret from us and we won’t be seeing until it’s release.Ohhhh man I can’t wait.

Avatar Image says:

Narcissa Malfoy is supposed to be a blonde so this picture isn’t correct and I hope they make her as blode as her son Malfoy in the movie.

Avatar Image says:

she is blonde, there are already some pics of her out there

Avatar Image says:

cool looking costume but that looks nothing like Narcissa. but of course it could all look different in the movie. i sure hope so!

Avatar Image says:

The pictures on the galleries or by the news title is not her in Narcissa costume, guys… She will be blond and (I think) wearing green.

Avatar Image says:

In my opinion she should be wearing rich wich couture. Not muggle couture. Long red velvet cloak with deep dresses. Very wealthy looking because of who her family is. I for one am not very impressed!

Avatar Image says:

Leaky , Please put a disclaimer that that photo of her in the red dress is not from HBP. Each time there is a story about Helen that photo appears and people think it is her in HBP. :)

Avatar Image says:

That picture of her is how I always imagined Bellatrix to look: dark, elegant, and haggard.

Avatar Image says:

I’m sorry to say I do NOT like Helen Mcrory as the role of Narcissa Malfoy ! This may sound cliche but Jo Rowling looks EXACTLLY how I pictured Narcissa. She would have made an amazing Bellatrix tho to bad she got pregnant. I pictured Narcissa as a blonde for sure! And check out this vidio(link at the bottom) because this is basiclly my opinion on the matter, only I’m way to lazy to type it all pce <3

Avatar Image says:

well sadly michelle you and the rest of the disappointed, close-minded fans will have to get over it. Its actually really rediculous that they have to be what YOU envisioned in order to work. I have gone blue in the face saying this and frankly if no one has told you and other close-minded fans this yet,but if you go about life expecting everything to be ham- handed the way you expect you will be slapped in the face real hard. 99% of the time it wont. Stop the sick whining its getting really old. she IS Narcissa and will be in the last two, End of story and discussion.

Avatar Image says:

Ummmmmmmmmmm guys the pic above is not the way she looks as Narcissa,it’s a pic from a different movie.She actually looks awesome as Cissy in a different pic that is going around the net.

Avatar Image says:

guys in other sites there are some picture of helen on HBP set..playing Narcissa..and she is blonde..don’t worry

Avatar Image says:

that wardrobe descrption makes sense for narcissa as she has acess to Lucius’ considerable funds in gringotts and would have the best of everything including clothes, she makes sure Draco has the best and i am sure she would want the best for her self. Michelle i am sure she will be wearing a blonde wig, so your problem with that is a moot point

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to see more pics of her in her costume. The way she described it, its seems very much like Cissa. XD

Avatar Image says:

I think Helena Bonham Carter does a great job as Bella. I think she’s more used to filling the roles of slightly crazy people, too. Okay, either of them could have filled the role as Bella, but I actually do like Helen McCrory as Narcissa.

Just give her a blonde wig like Mr. Isaacs and she’ll fit the role perfectly. I don’t think the pic up there does her justice, but I saw her on TV the other day and I must say, she looks very much like I imagine Narcissa to look. Plus they haven’t really cast an actor who doesn’t fit their role before. I mean.. I was really unsure of Imelda Staunton as Umbridge, but it turned out she was great. I’m sure their version of Narcissa won’t stray so far off the canon as Umbridge, so have some faith, folks!

Ahh, I can’t wait for HBP.. I can imagine the beginning scene with the Spinner’s End street sign and the two cloaked figures already…

Avatar Image says:

I’m really starting to warm up to her!

I love Narcissa as a character. <33

I’m sure Helen will do well as cissy.

excitement

Avatar Image says:

can’t wait to see witch ‘couture’! It’s just what I imagine Narcissa to wear.

Avatar Image says:

For the people complaining about Ms. McCrory: It’s called make-up and hair dye. Jason Isaacs is a brunette, Tom Felton’s natural color hair is certainly NOT that white blonde shade and the Oliver Twins are brunettes as well, yet, I can not imagine a better Fred and George, Lucius or Draco.

Not only does Ms. McCrory remind me of Sigourney Weaver, I think she will be a perfect Narcissa.

Is there a link to the picture of her as Narcissa? I’d search the interwebs but I’m lazy like that.

Avatar Image says:

Sush Kneazel !!! we’re not allowed to talk about that on here… lolz. Sorry I’m just sore about having my comments deleted last time I mentioned those er certain… um thingies… :)

Alls I’m saying, is that I’m sold on Helen for the role. XD yayz!

Avatar Image says:

Holy hippagriff, things have lifted around here. I am glad to see you all giving her a chance everyone deserves one. Besides its just silly to talk before we know.

Avatar Image says:

BellaSnape, I think we are the same person. LOL I am always with you on these comments. There is so many compainers around here it is crazy.

Michele (with one L not the one complaining with 2 L’s) :)

Avatar Image says:

Why can’t people just read the others’ posts and start realizing that the picture is Helen in another movie? That is NOT how she will look as Narcissa and please keep in mind that actors can change their hair colors by DYING their hair or WEARING WIGS.

Visit this website to see Helen as Narcissa:

Avatar Image says:

@ Michele- Maybe your my long lost twin-LOL, its just good to know I am not alone talking to a wall. He he. I really cant wait for more pictures or something, all this secrecy is driving me nuts!

Avatar Image says:

OMG it seriously irks me off when girls say things like I wish she was younger and prettier- wtf, could you be any more high on yourself. They said she should be this GLAM thing , where in the books does it say she is this supermodel playboy like woman? By the way it wasnt on here its over on the snitchseeker boards. IT just kills me though to see people say things like that. She is a beautiful woman and for people who accuse her of being older than Naomi Watts they are actually the Same AGE.

Avatar Image says:

I agree Neil, they are being so quiet with this movie…I cant IMAGINE how quiet they will be for movie 7, pt. 2 & 1! Wow…All this secrecy is getting to me…

testing

damn

just a test

Avatar Image says:

Couldnt agree with you more BellaSnape. I think she will do a fantastic job. The pic of her they are using atm is one where she is ACTING a role.

Write a Reply or Comment