Harry Potter: The Traveling Exhibition

118

Apr 25, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

There is some additional exciting news today for fans of the Harry Potter films, as the Becker Group, along with Warner Brothers Consumer Products are announcing a special traveling Harry Potter exhibition. According to this press release, this will be a “state-of-the-art exhibition highlighting artifacts from the Warner Bros. films based on J.K. Rowling’s beloved book series.” Due to debut in Spring of 2009 “in a major market,” this traveling exhibition will make stops at ten or more cities world-wide over a five year span. While specific ticket information and cities for this exhibition are not yet available on the official HarryPotterExhibition.com website, the press release indicates Harry Potter fans can expect to see quite a bit of items featured in the beloved movies, including “elaborate displays of authentic costumes, props and artifacts” and even “the Gryffindor common room and Hagrid’s hut.” They also indicate items from the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films will be added to later stops of the exhibit.

“We’re thrilled to partner with Becker Group to produce this multi-dimensional exhibition dedicated to the iconic Harry Potter film series,” said Brad Globe, president Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “Fans around the world will finally be able to see the incredible craftsmanship and detail that went into creating their favorite props and costumes.”

“Creating this magical tour around such a legendary property is a true milestone for Becker Group, both as a company, and a source of creative entertainment-based attractions,” said Glenn Tilley, president and chief executive officer of Becker Group.”We’ve dedicated ourselves to delivering an exciting experience for visitors that will meet the standards set by the films based on the novels by J.K. Rowling,” added Eddie Newquist, president of Becker Group’s Creative Studio and Exhibits.

44 Responses to Harry Potter: The Traveling Exhibition

Avatar Image says:

That sounds like a lot of fun!

Avatar Image says:

That sounds great! Can’t wait…so many things to look forward to in the next few years!

Avatar Image says:

It sounds great, but I bet that it want come anywhere near where I live (South Carolina). Its rare that anything I like or am interested in ever does, and no I don’t mean going to North Carolina or even Georgia. We are a state that people don’t tend to think of there being any fans here, oh well. I hope there are at least some good pictures of what I missed.

Avatar Image says:

This will be absolutely awesome! I will definitely be one of the first in line!!!!When the Star Wars exhibit came to town it was incredible. I KNOW that the Harry Potter display will be even better!

Avatar Image says:

Am I going mad or is travelling spelt with two L’s????

I’ve looked at the word so much now it has lost all meaning :)

This will be fantastic!

The wife and I went to the HP prop museum as part of the Warner Bros studio tour in LA and if this exhibition is half as good as that, it will be superb. The highlight was the ‘frozen’ Hermione from Chamber of Secrets.

Avatar Image says:

maybe you can spell it either way. ahhh

Avatar Image says:

Traveling is the American spelling, In the UK travelling is correct. Just one example of many differences in spelling. Not to worry, as long as we aren’t taking spelling tests. We all know what they mean, right? Min

Avatar Image says:

I’ve been at such an exhibition last year with my sister. We both took some pictures, so if you’re interested, head over to my sister’s Flickr. Her pics turned out much better than mine and she took a lot more: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaazizzle/sets/72157603351796778/

Avatar Image says:

schneefloeckli, thanks for sharing those pictures. They look great! I have a dream that once they finish the final filming they’ll open Leasden for a short period to the public for tours of the film set and props stored there before removing or destroying them. I don’t suppose I’ll ever get to see these exhibitions in the States.

Avatar Image says:

@ taysteblue, have a little faith! i’ll personally do my best to make sure you can see the exhibit. (just don’t hold me to that!)

Avatar Image says:

thanks minerva! yeah. like you say, I knew what they meant, I was just interested!

Avatar Image says:

Okay, a travel(l)ing exhibition sounds fun, but…..

I really wish Warner Brothers would focus their attention on something a teeny bit more immediate, like, oh, I don’t know, GIVING US SOME PICTURES AND INFORMATION FROM HALF-BLOOD PRINCE!!

That is all.

;-)

Avatar Image says:

World-wide? That means I might be able to actually go to it! I loved the Lord of the Rings exhibition at a museum whose name escapes me in London, hopefully the Harry Potter exhibit will be in London as well. If it’s in Edinburgh, I’ll still travel up there lol

Avatar Image says:

georgie – ‘traveling’ is the American way of spelling it. Here in UK it is spelt with a double l … I don’t know about Australia etc. though.

I would love to go and see this – fingers crossed for a London exhibition!

Avatar Image says:

AWESOME! totally going if it stops in Chicago!

Avatar Image says:

That music was craptastic. Couldn’t they even spring for “Hedwig’s Theme”? sheesh!

Avatar Image says:

omg omg omg omg! i want to see it so bad! thats awsome

how did harrys hair get so long when it was short in the last movie??

Avatar Image says:

Cool! It sounds like the Star Wars museum. I missed that because I was sick and I’ve been beating myself up for it ever since. Anything short of the end of the earth won’t keep me away from this! I’m definitely going :).

Avatar Image says:

This just sounds like an expanded version of the Harry Potter museum at Warner Bros. Studios. Although that one is frustrating because you can’t take any pictures, carry your purse with you or anything. They are very strict to protect everything. I wonder what “state-of-the-art” implies. I hope its more interactive! They don’t charge you to enter the WB museum though. If they are going to sell tickets to this, there better be a whole lot more to it!

Avatar Image says:

I soooo hope that they do bring this tour close to the Illinois area. The Order of the Phoenix was the first movie that my girls and I was able to see in theatre and it really got their interest in Harry and his pals peaked!! I would really love to be able to take them to something like this. By the way my “girls” are both ” special needs” age 66 and 23. My sister and daughter.

Avatar Image says:

The prop museum at the WB Studio tour is FANTASTIC!! I recommend it to any HP fan who is ever in LA. I’ve been twice. You can see props from all 5 HP movies, such as (oh god, here goes): Dumbledore’s glasses, his putter-outer, PoA costumes (trio and Sirius), GoF Yule Ball costumes, Lockhart’s costume, Quidditch gear, a replica of Harry’s cupboard under the stairs, the Golden Egg, the Goblet of Fire, the Triwizard Cup, a dementor maquee and hand, a Gringotts goblin, Tom Riddle’s costume from CoS, Ron’s omnioculars, frozen Hermione replica from CoS, original book artwork from Mary GrandPre (hey, that’s not from the movies!), the desk where Harry sat to write lines for Umbridge, Tom Riddle’s diary with the basilisk fang through it, the little dragon miniatures from GoF, Fred & George’s wizard wheezes, Voldemort’s robes from GoF, Lucius’ costume…

That’s all I can remember for now, but I know there’s a lot more. I don’t have a very good memory! All I can tell you beyond that, is that it’s amazing and this tour will be too!!! :)

Avatar Image says:

Taysteblue – I too am a long-deprived South Carolina HP fan. We are here! All you had to do in order to see that was be around here for the last book launch, read the many newspaper articles, or attend any of the several “last book” parties. Joejoe, if you have any pull, we’d love to see an exhibit come to us! :-)

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait! I really, really want to see the ‘Fawkes The Phoenix’ robot…

Avatar Image says:

That is going to be great! I went to the Exhibition they had to The Lord Of The Rings, it was a lot of fun even if it was not very big.

I hope they come to my town!!!! :)

Avatar Image says:

This sounds fantastic! I hope, it’s somewhat near me. If not, I could always take my nieces on a road trip. We’ve done it before! I wonder what the cost of the tickets will be? I hope, not too much! Even though, I would still probably go, if they were expensive.

Avatar Image says:

I WILL GO SEE IT. I HOPE IT IS CLOSE TO ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA.

Avatar Image says:

I am THRILLED about this! :) I hope it comes to the midwest somewhere… maybe chicago?

What’s exhibition. ??

Avatar Image says:

Did anyone else laugh when they mentioned Hagrid’s hut? :D Looks a like a lot of fun, I hope they come somewhere near Ohio.

Avatar Image says:

This sounds amazing. I hope it is like the Lord of the Rings exhibit I saw a while back…I wonder if some of the HP actors will appear with the exhibit when it premiers at different locations. Sean Astin came to the LOTR one in Boston a couple years ago!

Avatar Image says:

OMG that is so cool!! I mean, come on. This is pretty awesome.

Live, Love, Harry Potter!!

Avatar Image says:

That’s cool. It would be fun to see a snitch… :)

Avatar Image says:

I hope they come to the Washington D.C. area(no your ever does :( sadly)!!!!!!! It sounds fantastic!

Avatar Image says:

LOL. It sounds fantastic, but like Pixie, I couldn’t help laughing at the mention of Hagrid’s hut. Why does the WB think that Potter fans find that darn hut so fascinating? It’s usually the first image we see from the movie sets (though not this time around, thank goodness!), it’s all over the DVD extras and video games, and now it’s one of the centerpieces of this travel(l)ing exhibition. Really, WB, Hagrid’s okay, but we’re just not that excited about his hut. Really. We’re not. :D

Also, like Mountain Violet, I am much more interested at this point in getting some official HBP movie pics. In fact, I’ve reached the point where I think I’m just going to plop myself down right here in these comments, arms crossed and lower lip jutting out, and pout until I get what I want. C’mon, WB, GIVE US SOME MOVIE PICS!! Please?

Avatar Image says:

I’m sure it will tour for years so everyone has a chance to see it. I hope it’s a whole “experience” like the Titanic one is…

Avatar Image says:

australia?it’s sounds fun…but am all away in uk…far away….i do like the sound of it..and wish there were more info…

Avatar Image says:

australia?it sounds fun…but am all away in uk…far away….i do like the sound of it..and wish there were more info…

Avatar Image says:

Ha Glynis your right what was the deal with that music!!

Avatar Image says:

I DO HOPE this exhibition comes to London. It should be one of the first countries to hold it as its origins is British> wonder if any of the cast would attend if so I hope to be there. If it does come here I will be one of the first to get my ticket. PLEASE PLEASE COME HERE!

Avatar Image says:

uh-oh, another thing i must go to!

Avatar Image says:

I am totally going when it comes to New York. I mean..I am one of Long Island’s biggest fans!

Avatar Image says: it will start in london and then travel to the USA...hitting mayor cities.Avatar Imagebrianmca3 says: why not Edinburgh?,after all the books started and finished in this city,so it would be a fitting place for it,also jk stays here in this city as well,once more we lose out to london again,boy my kids are going to be dissapointed my niece was lucky to meet jk on one of the city buses,she told me she chatted with her,not stuck up like some lol,i remember seeing derek jacobi in edinburgh ,people said hello,and he just walked away very sniffy funny this town is the birth place of sherlock holmes as well,statue to be sen over from picardy place,the birth place of connan doyle the creator of holmes,holmes was based on an edinburgh surgeon called Bell ,who had a very keen sense of perception,ah well we can only dream here in edinburgh

Write a Reply or Comment