Reminder: We are Wizards Documentary, Special Wizard Rock Show in Boston

124

Apr 25, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Previously, we told you about several screenings of the We Are Wizards documentary taking place over the past few weeks, with one large event due to take place this weekend. This film, which focuses on the Harry Potter fandom, is showing at the Boston Independent Film Festival. As noted before, following the screening of the film on Saturday, April 26, there will be a large event featuring several of the people from the films, including Brad Neely and our own Melissa Anelli, as well as a number of Wizarding Rock bands. Tickets to both the film as well as the separate ticket needed for the music event are now available, with additional information on all of this as follows:

Somerville Theatre: Screen 1, Saturday April 26, 04:00 PM. Tickets availablevia this link. Following the screening of the film, there will be a Wizarding rock concert featuring:

• Harry and the Potters
  • Draco and the Malfoys
  • The Whomping Willows
  • The Hungarian Horntails

The show starts at 5:45pm, after the film and a brief Q&A. Tickets for this event are available here.

20 Responses to Reminder: We are Wizards Documentary, Special Wizard Rock Show in Boston

Avatar Image says:

The ticket link isn’t working….help!

Avatar Image says:

AHH! I went last night and it was AMAZING! I can’t wait for Saturday!

Awww! That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could go. =::[

It was great!!

I’m kind of a late bloomer on the Harry Potter fandom scene, so this was a new and terrific experience.

The documentary is very well done. Josh Koury was very nice to answer a few questions by members of the audience, as well as Melissa and 2 more people, whom, I am sorry to say, I didn’t catch their names.

Joe and Paul were awesome… They’re so funny! Here are a few pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/leccia.laurence/WeAreWizardsScreening

And I got to talk to Melissa for a minute. I wish I could have stayed longer :’(. Again: congrats on the book, Melissa, can’t wait… I forgot to tell John: congratulations on your graduation!

Yay! for “We are Wizards”...

Avatar Image says:

I will be there for the documentary and show tommorow! I’m soooo excited! :)

Avatar Image says:

Oooh! I want to go! It sounds like a lot of fun. I just have to convince my parents to drive me to the Somerville theater…

Avatar Image says:

I had a great time yesterday, the documentary was really well put together. No one said John was going to be there! It was great meeting him! I’m really looking forward to the saturday one, which looks like it’s going to be even more awesome. :D

Avatar Image says:

squeee! im going tomorrow with my cousin. we are soooo excited!

Avatar Image says:

why does everything ever happen in the US only? there are so many HP fan here as well…. no wrock in Germany….. I should really consider emigrating ;)

Avatar Image says:

so excited! are you guys buying your separate tickets to see the wrock concert ahead of time, or are you just buying them when you get there? i preordered my tickets to the documentary, but I didnt preorder for the concert! should I?

Avatar Image says:

The documentary was great. It was so well made and it was such a great summary of our lives in the past couple years. I was SO excited that Melissa and John were there, and I got to meet Melissa which I have waited for for 2 years! I’m so excited for the DVD to come out so I can get it and watch it forever. Some parts had me cracking up, and some parts made my eyes water. It was powerful, emotional, funny, and amazing!! I wish I could make it on Saturday for the huge show with so many people I’ve wanted to meet (like the Whomping Willow!), but it’s ok. I got to meet Melissa and John, and that’s enough for me for now :)

Avatar Image says:

Laurence, i’m in the pictures on your link! BLUE HARRY AND THE POTTERS SHIRT BABYY

Avatar Image says:

Boy, we’re lucky here in Boston – wizard films, wizard rock, real Quidditch via a quick ride to Vermont, quick drive to Broadway and Equus, JK Rowling at Harvard in June, and Leaky Con in 2009! Not to mention an absolutely gorgeous vacation week weather-wise. Come, dring the Kool-aid, live here, it’s the best!

That sounds like it would be really fun. Too bad I can’t go… :( lol

Avatar Image says:

This sounds great! I’ll definitely be there. Although the site says tickets can only be bought at the Box Office now…I hope they won’t be sold out by the time I get there!

Avatar Image says:

Hay these guys sound good a wizarding rock band helps bring this coooooool world 2 life Oddment, Blubber & Tweek.

Avatar Image says:

Yay Christina!!! Glad I got you there :o)

Did anyone go yesterday, btw? How was it??

Avatar Image says:

It was amazing yesterday! The movie was a very good summary and depiction of fandom but the best part of the movie was Brad Neely. I had never heard of him before so I that was awesome that I got introduced to his commentary which I watched along with the movie last night and it was the funniest thing ever. The wizard rock show was amazing, I have never seen Harry and the Potters before so that was just beyond awesome. And one of my favorite parts of the show was when the Hugorian Horntails decided that they should create their own boston tea party and started throwing tea bags at the audience, I got like ten of them. Then afterwards Brad Neely was doing the commentary live at a comic store or something but I had to catch a train so I missed it and just had to watch it on my computer when I got back. best Harry Potter event that I have been to yet! it was only my second, and I am looking forward to many more!

Avatar Image says:

i played at haverd yard with the hungran horn tails

Avatar Image says: iBGaQI dkg93jfbkSdLk496c