Cho Chang “Yule Ball” Doll from Tonner Now Available

120

Apr 29, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Earlier this year we told you there were to be new Cho Chang dolls from Tonner, makers of high end collectible dolls. FAO Schwarz has now updated their website to indicate the limited edition Cho Chang “Yule Ball” doll is now available for $175.00 (USD). Based on actress Katie Leung who portrays Cho Chang in the Harry Potter films, this doll is 16 inches tall and “wears a beautiful satin gown embellished with embroidery. Her long, sleeves extend from an Asian-inspired kimono with satin and lace trim. Cho Chang is crafted of fine quality vinyl/hard plastic; she has 14 points of articulated movement, and she features hand-painted facial detail, rooted saran hair and wand. Display stand included.”

For those that missed it previously, the Cho Chang doll dressed in her Hogwarts uniform is now available here in our Cauldron Shop. You can see the full range of Harry Potter dolls from Tonner (note several are sold out, alas) via this link.

Thanks Margaret.

33 Responses to Cho Chang “Yule Ball” Doll from Tonner Now Available

Avatar Image says:

Thats a pretty little doll ,but i wouldnt spend that much money on it…

Avatar Image says:

Great…something for my dog to chew on!

Avatar Image says:

Mugglenet’s alright but Leaky is better in my little humble opinion. Cool little doll, though … Where’s POTTERCAST!? Update please! What the be going on with him PotteyCast? I’m going CRAzzzyyYEE! :-P Love me! I’m obsessive and annoying! WheezaaH! Whew… ok, I’m done with my little panic attack. :) LOL

Avatar Image says:

Cho’s dress in the movie was one of the prettiest. I dunno if this Tonner doll does it justice, but it’s interesting to see the flower detail on the bottom. Pretty stuff.

Hermione’s dress was awful in the film, but the Tonner Doll actually made it look pretty when I saw it at Comic Con last year. The ruffles in the movie-version should’ve been more pronounced, not so limp (I thought Hermione looked gorgeous, but her dress made her look like she came from a shipwreck!..)

ANYWAY, this is so frustrating that we can’t get literally any news. WB is being a pain in the behind about HBP. They’re waiting til May. But I’m tellin’ ya, Mother’s Day, May 1st, we better get SOMETHING. Or I will be really po’d.

But thanks Leaky, for trying really hard to give us any news at all. :)

Avatar Image says:

The doll is very pretty, but I agree with Libby that it doesn’t do justice to the real Cho Chang/Katie Leung, nor to the gorgeous dress she wore in GoF. I also agree with Kami that no doll is worth that much money, imho.

Still, it’s nice to get some HP news of any kind. Thanks, Leaky!

a little late, no?

Avatar Image says:

It does seem like they were a little slow on the uptake on this one. Next thing they’ll be coming out with a Quirrell doll! This doll barely looks Asian much less as pretty as Katie. As long as it took them to get it on the market, you’d think they could have crafted if more life-like. Lovely doll on it’s own, just not a very good rendition.

Avatar Image says:

As a follow-up to Felipe’s comment, I have to admit that I’m getting curiouser and curiouser (yes, I know ‘curiouser’ is not a word) about Pottercast. It’s not so much that there isn’t one (although that’s unusual enough), it’s the Ominous Silence from the Leaky admins on the subject.

(Gah. We need some HBP pics, so we’ll have something to talk about, rather than obsessing over missing Pottercasts all the time! LOL.)

Avatar Image says:

WHERE IS THIS WEEK’S POTTERCAST!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING EXCITEDLY SINCE SUNDAY!!!!!!WHERE IS IT! Nice doll, by the way.

Avatar Image says:

its a beautiful doll, but i would never spend that much money on it unless im a crazed doll collector,lol.

and yes, where is the pottercast for this week? im missing it.

Avatar Image says:

I’ll be as succinct as possible:

Doll pretty. Katie prettier. Want Pottercast.

Avatar Image says:

not feeling the doll…at all! Doesnt do katie justice. Pottercast was up last nite for awhile, wonder why they took it down?

Avatar Image says:

Just a little observation of mine, but I’m getting the feeling that Leaky should broadcast another PotterCast… ;) I always tend to catch up on those like 3 months after the fact ;x oops!

The clothing on the Tonner dolls is very nice, but I honestly get a little weirded out by the way they are sculpted.

Avatar Image says:

It’s amazing what you learn when you venture over to the Leaky Lounge.

For all those wondering about the mysterious PotterCast #149: JeffHPFan, who I think edits the Pottercasts, says he thinks there were some technical and audio problems with #149, which is why they had to take it down. He’s hoping to have it back up soon.

If you want, you can read it for yourself here: http://www.leakylounge.com/PotterCast-149-A-Hist-t61513.html&pid=1598497#entry1598497

Avatar Image says:

I want GINNY’s, not Cho Chang AGAIN!!!

Why are they pushing her character so much????!!!!

Avatar Image says:

A lovely interpretation of Cho’s dress. I can’t really see the face very well but seems they couldn’t capture Katie’s charm. Overall a pretty doll.

Avatar Image says:

Why on Earth would anyone pay that much from a lousy store like FAO Swartz. I returned there Voldemort Doll because is was poorly packed and damaged on arrival, it took months to get them to issue a credit for the amount, and there customer service sucks.

Two Daydreamers is a doll store in Northern California. I have 7 Harry Potter Tonner Dolls from them. They have the Cho Chang doll now and it’s only $119.00. Here is a link to there Cho Chang order page.

I want a Luna doll!

Avatar Image says:

I wonder why a Cho doll? I would think a Ginny or Luna doll would sell more. The dress looks very nice, though.

Avatar Image says:

i would rather get a hermione yule ball doll!! Her dress was sooo pretty in the film!!

Avatar Image says:

Maybe they’re pushing Cho dolls because KL is far more beautiful than BW; whiny Ginny fans. Or maybe because Ginny is an entirely pointless and badly written character – at least Movie!Cho is the impetus for Dumbledore leaving. All the accessories you’d ever need with a doll of Ginny, canon or films, would be a maternity dress.

Avatar Image says:

Matter of opinion, Jane. I don’t think KL is “far more beautiful” than BW. I think both girls are gorgeous. I’m pretty indifferent to Cho’s character. I like Katie, though.

I still think a Luna, Ginny (and definitely Hermione) doll would sell more than a Cho one. Nothing against the Cho doll, but it’s clear those other girls are the main characters. No need for you to get so uppity over this fact lol.

Avatar Image says:

pretty doll, but its better in the movies

Avatar Image says:

Can’t understand why they made a Cho doll, especially so long after OOTP came out in theaters. Cho basically vanishes in HBP, makes very little sense to me—especially for $175 dollars???? I don’t know that there are any people who are THAT big of Cho fans. Plus they Yule Ball was ages ago…good god, I hate WB.

Avatar Image says:

Jane—For the record, I am a HUGE Ginny fan and I think BW is…how can I put this kindly…downright ugly. Anyway, I think you might be right about why they’re pushing the Cho doll.

Avatar Image says:

HA HA HA! I would pay for it maybeeee 1 $. LOL…Cho Chang doll!

Avatar Image says:

Jane, I personally think both Katie and Bonnie are lovely girls. And remember, just because you dislike Ginny’s character in the books and movies, doesn’t mean you should dislike Bonnie Wright. You don’t know her personally—give the girl a chance.

Avatar Image says:

This does not do Katie justice at all…it doesn’t look like her, and the dress was differeft too.

Avatar Image says:

I can not wait to get mine! She is so cool and only an edition run of 100! This is Tonner’s best HP doll in the sculpt area!

The reason they are pushing Cho’s character is the reason everyone has been saying why push her character? OotP was her last major and maybe entire role in the HP world. She deserved to be made.

Ginny will be made for HBP, don’t worry Ginny fans! Also, the next student Tonner is making is Luna and the next adult is Dumbledore. And i am thinking Bellatrix also(not confirmed). Expect to see those in the fall. Maybe prototypes at the San Diego Comic Con.

As to this Ginny vs. Cho, that is crap. They are both great characters that contribute nicely to the course of the story. No one is better than anyone. And who cares who is prettier? It only matter what they contribute and what they contribute is two amazing characters to the HP world.

Avatar Image says:

I think it is a good thing they have the Cho Chang doll. I think they will come out with the other Tri-Wizards dolls that were at the Yule ball some day as well. So having Cho is for the collection in the whole.

I went and emailed Tonner to see what the number was for her because it’s not written any where that I can see and I did find out the edition size is 100. So I went and bought her because I have all the others so I might as well get her as well :-)

I have Harry, Hermione, Ron and soon I will have Cho. But I was to slow to get Draco in his outfit one for the Yule ball ); Maybe some day I will get him cheap on ebay LOL. But I Have all of the Trio in their school robes and their Yule Ball outfits so my collection will almost be complete some day down the road :) And I think she is very pretty but I will let you know for sure when I get her. Leaky keep up the great work you do for all us fans…....

Avatar Image says:

Very cool pan! I only have the trio in their robes. And I hope to get Draco and Cho in robes as well. But I really would like to get the YB Cho also! I hope I can get her before she runs out!

Avatar Image says: Hi Everybody, I just became a part of this forum here and I (am excited to be a part of it. Just love the atmosphere here. Outstanding work by the admin and mods and every member around. Just to start off, I would like to ask first if you're into those dressup doll games. Because if you do, then imma have to ask you which one is better---Barbie or Bratz games? Barbie games inspired a lot of other games. Bratz may deny it but the concept of many if not all Bratz games originated from Barbie. Take for example the many dress up games that Bratz fans are so addicted to right now. The ideas of these games all came from Barbie. Who invented changeable clothes, customizable accessories and colourful nail polishes and hair? Barbie did. Who incorporated real like perks like cars, hotels and hot cribs? Barbie did. On the other hand, Bratz are so popular. There is no question about that. They are loved by kids and adults alike. This is the reason Bratz games are so popular. Whenever there is a new Bratz game, expect the millions of Bratz fans to play it. There is even a war going on between Bratz and Barbie fans. Who’s better? Who’ sexier? Who’s classier?Avatar Image says: would love to be a part of it. Just love the atmosphere here. Outstanding work by the admin and mods and every member around. Just to kickstart, I'd like to ask first if you're into those dressup doll games. Because if you do, then imma have to ask you which one is better---Barbie or Bratz games? Barbie games inspired a lot of other games. Bratz may deny it but the concept of many if not all Bratz games originated from Barbie. Take for example the many dress up games that Bratz fans are so addicted to right now. The ideas of these games all came from Barbie. Who invented changeable clothes, customizable accessories and colourful nail polishes and hair? Barbie did. Who incorporated real like perks like cars, hotels and hot cribs? Barbie did. On the other hand, Bratz are so popular. There is no question about that. They are loved by kids and adults alike. This is the reason Bratz games are so popular. Whenever there is a new Bratz game, expect the millions of Bratz fans to play it. There is even a war going on between Bratz and Barbie fans. Who’s better? Who’ sexier? Who’s classier?

Write a Reply or Comment