Harry Potter Theme Park Construction Continues with Hogsmeade and More

114

Apr 30, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Construction continues on building the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction in Orlando, Florida. Courtesy of Screamscape and Orlando Rocks, we can see a host of new photos, including work being done building the snowy covered villages found in Hogsmeade. You can see these photos here and here.As readers will recall, the snowy covered buildings of Hogsmeade are part of the attraction fans will be able to visit at the Harry Potter theme park, as well as Hogwarts castle and more, as seen in the promotional artwork released when Universal and Warner Bros. made the official announcement last May. At last word, this new theme park is tentatively set to open December, 2009.

Thanks to Screamscape!

49 Responses to Harry Potter Theme Park Construction Continues with Hogsmeade and More

Bloody ‘ell!

Avatar Image says:

Didn’t anyone tell them that they’re supposed to build Hagrid’s hut first? ;-)

Avatar Image says:

This are cool pics! Yay! third to post.

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait to visit! Looking forward to more pics also.

Avatar Image says:

LOL, Pocketwatch! As someone once said “Don’t sweat the small stuff”! ‘Hagrid’s Hut’, I’m sure, is on the “list”, but the bigger projects have to go in, before they have a real “plan”...I think> Pictures are great and thanks, Sue!

Avatar Image says:

These photos are just exciting! Just looking at them makes one incredibly eager for the theme park. I can’t wait to see more of them, and thanks for sharing.

Avatar Image says:

Hey! so cool! i can wait for the rides and sights. i hope they do a Huneydukes so i can get all the HP candy and i can’t wait for the Gringotts ride!!!! (if there is one)

Avatar Image says:

I cannot wait!!!! I let it slip to my hubby that they were building this park and now he wants to take me for my birthday! YAY!!!!! My daughter is gonna love it!

Avatar Image says:

OMG! HP theme park is going to be so awesome! HEY…maybe all you US citizens can send me some money so I could go too…lets see- 1.airplane ticket from Croatia to US(and back)about-3000$, hotel for a few days (or a tent,I dont mind), HP park ticket and all that stuff well, I need about 5000-10000$....anyone?:D

Avatar Image says:

Well, all I see is construction work! But I am really psyched up for this as Universal and Disney theme parks in Florida are far ahead of any other theme park in the world, so this will rock. I am going to time my trip to America when Deathly Hallows part 1 is released so I can do both the theme park and watch the film on CityWalk. I only wish there could be some Leaky Conference/convention at the same time to truly round off my trip, perhaps LeakyCon2 in 2010 set in Orlando?!? ;-) I’ve never been to a fan convention before but would love to go to a Leaky one.

Avatar Image says:

If anyone was thinking of donating money to certain individuals flight ticket to visit the HP theme park, may I suggest to stop that train of thought. Perhaps instead donate it to one of Leaky’s charity affiliations, namely BookAid International & HP Alliance). Please don’t be suckered by certain individuals apparent innocence ;)

Avatar Image says:

Bad professor Potter! :( * then I’ll use testrals or broomstick : )...ha!

:D :D :D :D :D

Avatar Image says:

Iam told that people will be able to dine in the great hall,that would be something

Avatar Image says:

Om My Gosh!!! I cannot wait!!!

Avatar Image says:

OH MY GOSH! That is going to be AWESOME. :) I can`t wait for more pictures. Hooray . (:

Avatar Image says:

All these pictures of the park are weird so far…..Potter and palm trees just don’t mix.

Avatar Image says:

ya, where is the hot tub for hagrid’s hut that john wanted????

Avatar Image says:

omigosh omigosh!!!!!! we can eat in the great hall!!!! awsome. dude i wonder if theyll the house crests above each table

Avatar Image says:

I think out of anything in the books, what I’d love to see most is a ride through the department of mysteries. Or maybe even a show. It’d be pretty cool to watch a bunch of people reenact the dueling scene in OOTP.

Avatar Image says:

oops i missed a word. put ” have ” in between “theyll” and “the”

sorry brothers and sisters

Avatar Image says:

Hey Matea, you can get roundtrip tickets to Orlando from Croatia for US $1,000 on travelocity.com! Also hotels in Orlando are fairly inexpensive as long as you don’t stay inside Universal or Disney :)

Avatar Image says:

those pictures make me nervous… are they going to Leave ANYTHING Intact in the lost continent (meaning not touching it)

or it will all be transformed into harry potter or taken out?

I really hope they don’t take out the enchanted oak tavern- it is such a great restaurant

Avatar Image says:

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!! I want to see everything and the pic just make it harder to wait, but i love them!! I relly want to explore the castel, honneyducks and gringrots. Wornder what day and what price is opeing day with all the stars and Ms. Roling that is going to be great also.

Avatar Image says:

i was so excited when i first learned of this i wet my pants.

Avatar Image says:

I don´t see anything but construction work on the pics. Yet I fear it will be as horrible as disney land.

Avatar Image says:

To bad Cedar Fair didn’t think of this idea first! There amusement park Cedar Point is the best I have EVER been to! I guess I’ll have to travel to Flordia to check this one out though…can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

I’m going to Florida this September so I hope to see all the construction taking place hope there will be more to see and get some idea what it is actually going to look like finished.

Avatar Image says:

wow all this excitement is killing me….hehe dining in great hall funny lol

Avatar Image says:

That’s gonna be wayy awesome! : )

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think some of those pics r of the construction. It showed palm trees. That’s definitely animal kingdom. But anyway lol ill bet it’ll be awesome. ( ) ( ) ( . )

Avatar Image says:

I CANT WAIT… but but i cant really tell what the pictures are gunnna be:( o WELL PICTURES ARE FUN!!!

Avatar Image says:

I second Aunt Petunia. These of course are very early photos, but I don’t want to see any buttes or palm trees while under the magical spell of Hogsmeade. I want the illusion to be COMPLETE.

Avatar Image says:

omg i cant wait for this to open! me and my friend might plan a road trip to florida and go on the opening month. i agree with Aunt Petunia and ginevra, im going to be extremely mad if they put palm trees or any other “un-potterish” scenery

Avatar Image says:

That drawbridge in the picture doesn’t look like Hogwarts it looks like a dungeon!

Avatar Image says:

Cedar Point would NEVER have been able to build this. Cedar Point is not a theme park but an amusement park. Harry Potter required EXTENSIVE Themeing, which only Disney and Universal are consistent with.

Avatar Image says:

WHAT THE ANUS? how did i not know about this i? oh well it ridiculous i started crying when saw this becuse my family goes to Disney world all the time yay!!! that means the HPTP even if im the only one who likes harry potter out of my whole family.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAHHHRGHHH

Avatar Image says:

The only thing i want is to be able to taste butterbeer… PLEASE!

Avatar Image says:

@ Confederate Lady: I think Pocketwatch was making a little joke (I had a little inner chuckle anyway). When we see really early set photos from the Potter movies, they are almost always of Hagrid’s Hut under construction. They are also usually of similar quality—sorta small and far away and hard to figure out what exactly you’re supposed to be looking at.

@Professor Potter: There IS (or at least was) a Harry Potter Conference planned that will hopefully coincide with the opening of the theme park. I heard about it at Prophecy and is being planned by the same organization that did Prophecy and is doing Portus (I think).

Avatar Image says:

I’m already making a costume to wear! Just FYI, if HP world opens up close Feb 2010, there will also be 1000’s of race car fans there for opening of season, hotels very expensive!

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! I can’t wait until the theme park comes out! Hopefully I’ll be able to go the first summer after it comes out :)

Avatar Image says:

What an enticing and inviting entrance – great to get people’s imagination going. Good they have that up, it helps inspire visitors when they would like to see something of Harry Potter. I guess many people will have their pictures taken in front of that closed archway.

Looks like they are making progress – I do hope they make a beautiful bridge to go across the water. You never know about what they are building – off site so people don’t get disappointed yet. Quite a bit of it will be customized in pieces, then brought to the park to be installed. Hagrid is right now enjoying his hut – he still isn’t convinced about the condo deal in Florida but I am sure J.K.Rowlings is talking to him and making sure that he compensated.

I think she told him that he could have Norbert come back after all the shooting is done for the Harry Potter films. She did give him a burnt letter from Norbert who is agreeing to learn some proper forestry manners before he comes back to live with Hagrid.

Avatar Image says:

WOW!! These pictures just make me more excited for this theme park! I hope I can go visit it someday, I really really want to go! It’s really going to be one – of – a – kind!

Avatar Image says:

There is going to be an HPEF convention in Orlando during 2010 – and when the registration opens up – I’m first in line: me and 3 of my international friends. It will be the first time we all meet at one time – can’t wait. Pocketwatch, I ROFLed when I read your post – of COURSE they should’ve done Hagrid’s hut first – it’s tradition!

In any case – I’m looking forward to 2010 in Orlando, it promises to be a good time. And of course next year in Boston with the Leaky Crew. Guys, it’s time to update us on the LeakyCon!!!

Avatar Image says:

I wana move down to florda and camp there for the next year untill it comes out! OMG!

Avatar Image says:

sounds great!!! but i agree, they should have built Hagrid’s hut first!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Egads so exciting, Hogwarts will soon be only a 3.5 hour drive from me!!!

Avatar Image says:

djhsdjkfhjks i am beyond excited, Harry Potter is my life. This park is hopefully going to be amazing and feel like the real thing, especially to loyal Harry Potter fans like myself. I hope the people building this park realize that the point of it is not just to make money, it’s to thrill millions of huge Harry Potter fans that are surely going to break down crying the minute those gates open.

Avatar Image says:

I run OrlandoRocks.com and live 1 mile from Universal. I got down there almost daily for excersize and to get up to date constuction photos. I keep them coming. BTW – I got some really good one yesterday from a different perspective – From the other side. Don’t ask me how, LOL

Avatar Image says:

Hey! Sorry, but that first link, the Screamscape one, is so not a picture of the Harry Potter park! It’s an olde ride called Dueling Dragons. It woulda been so awesome if that had been HP though! Sadly, they’re not nearly as far along as what that picture shows. ;)

Write a Reply or Comment