PotterCast 149: …A History

364

May 01, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The 149th episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is here tonight with a packed show, a possible Hogwarts professor from Hufflepuff, and a few special guests. First, we have for you news on the now confirmed release date of part one of the “Deathly Hallows” film, an upcoming Harry Potter Exhibition, the “Half-Blood Prince” video game, and a JKR documentary coming to ABC this fall. Canon Conundrums is up next with a discussion which focuses on finding a Hogwarts house for Professor Grubbly-Plank. We then have for you a MailBag segment where the PotterCast quartet and two special guests answer four listener voicemails about the recent WB/JKR vs. RDR Books trail. Our Scribby Five girls are back once again with a segment on the recently published essay from the April issue of Scribbulus. After that, the long awaited Acting Troupe auditions are here in part of one of this ongoing PotterCast feature. Finally, we have for you a Hogwarts rap, an introduction to Frankie Planky, and the first review of Melissa’s upcoming book. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

”…A History”

- Be there 2010-11-19.
- New JKR documentary will be aired in the fall on ABC.
- To which house does Professor Grubbly-Plank belong? Hufflepuff vs. Ravenclaw.
- We answer your questions about the trial in the MailBag.
- Acting troupe auditions: Part 1.
- Contradictions, contradictions and more contradictions!
- This month the Scribby ladies discuss an article in the Quibbler written by Xenophilious Lovegood.
- An impartial review of Melissa’s book.

RT: 75:04

Editors: Stede Bonnett, Jeff Gregory, Samantha McManus, and Andrew Garner

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (34 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (9 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

28 Responses to PotterCast 149: …A History

Avatar Image says:

WHOOO HOOO first to post!!! just got finished downloading…..=) whee

Hey Congrations on a Nother great episode! loved it

Oh happy day! :-)

Avatar Image says:

was this up briefly on Itunes on Monday, because I got this episode then…. or is something just crazy?

Avatar Image says:

“Hooray, hooray!” sang Rilo Kiley through my earphones as I opened up the page and saw that the episode was up! Hooray!

Avatar Image says:

Mizukey, no, you aren’t going crazy. It was up on Monday, but they forgot to put the acting troupe stuff in it so they had to take it down. Extra ten minutes now!

Avatar Image says:

yay! now my week is complete

Avatar Image says:

Aw… My iTunes library isn’t updating.

Avatar Image says:

as always cant wait to listen!!!

Avatar Image says:

WOOOOO! The prospect of listening to PotterCast tomorrow has brightened up the end of my week considerably.

. . .on Tuesday I was going through withdrawal.

Avatar Image says:

You know those kinds of week @ work that feel like an A-Bomb has been dropped? Thank goodness Pottercast is here to ease the trauma. :)

Avatar Image says:

Yay! Much awaited episode. Better be another new one next Monday. ;) Keep em coming, Pottercast. Foaming at the mouth

Avatar Image says:

It was great! I loved the auditions and the mailbag and the book review (lol). Btw, Melissa, I pre-ordered your book a few days ago. I love pre-ordering because it’s like a present to your future self.

Only one problem…I tried to vote over on PC.com, but when I clicked on the one I picked, nothing happened.

Avatar Image says:

Mizukey, compare the length of your pottercast yesterday with today’s one. Is it different? We were deliriously conspiracy crazy yesterday due to being starved of any new Jo Rowing books.

Avatar Image says:

I always find there’s a new pottercast just when I don’t have time to listen to it! I will make this my top priority after my lectures ;)

Avatar Image says:

John thinks Melissa’s book is awesome! Of course he will say it but I believe he genuinely means it and I think it will be because 1. Melissa rocks as a journalist, always rooting out the true facts 2. She is great with words, so will be entertaining 3. Melissa really knows the fandom of Harry Potter not from a geeky perspective but as a fan site creator herself with incredible contacts from all parts of the fandom including the Goddess herself, Jo Rowling! Her Pottercast hosting are always authoritative but down to earth and entertaining so of course her book will be AWEWSOME! I really look forward to its release, is it in November (think I heard Sue say it in the background)?

Avatar Image says:

Again I beg….with Canon Conundrums..more Cannon, more Conundrum and a whole lot less retroactive sorting hat. If there are no more Conundrum in Cannon…and surely there are…but if there are not then let Canon Conundrums die with dignity befoer y’all end up trying to sort the Earnie the bus driver…or his shrunken head.

Said with love in my heart!!!

Avatar Image says:

when’s the book published Melissa?

Melissa,

It was so good to here your rant on the media on this case and that you realize that it is the media’s operational standard these days. It is so frustating the way the main stream media covered this case. It is a clasic case of wealth envy that appears to drive almost every article. It is absurd. Thank you for spreading the work that the main stream media is so lame and I hope that you really make a further impact as a journalist in the future.

-Lisa

Avatar Image says:

actually sorting earnie would be fun…good idea lol im crazy

Avatar Image says:

Agree with Trustsnape…....please, no more discussion on sorting minor characters.

Avatar Image says:

I have to loudly agree with Melissa’s statement that the first story a person reads is the most important one in forming their opinion. I have seen so many commentors who state their opinion based on things totally unrelated to the issues in the case, and you are not able to inform them of the inaccuracies in what they say because they read it in THE MEDIA and you must just be biased if you say any differently. I’m not even talking about trying to convince them of which side should win, I’m talking about just basic facts about the case. It’s almost scary how much sway the media has, and you really don’t realize it until you see the media get something wrong and you see that people would almost rather believe in something false than admit that the media got it wrong.

Avatar Image says:

I got worried that there wasn’t going to be a new pottercast this week, but you delivered, Thanks!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I get so excited when there is a new PotterCast!

PS: Remember to celebrate Pottercast 150!

Avatar Image says:

This was a great PotterCast. The mailbag stuff about the trial was great. Melissa’s rant was dead-on about the press coverage on the trial. I read some of the articles and thought to myself that the reporter’s only leg work was to read other reporters summaries and then paraphrase. WOW! That sounds like it could be trial testimony!

Avatar Image says:

Halleluuuyyyyaaaahhh!!!!! I can’t wait to listen! I’m so late on this news… I’ve been busy busy, but like there’s always room for Jell-O, there’s always time for PotterCast!

Avatar Image says:

I’m excited about your book Melissa!

Avatar Image says:

Wonderful episode! And I’m glad we finally got an update on the acting troupe! Good job guys and liked listening to all the questions and answers! I hope we’re done with rial stuff for now at least, it’s been pretty depressing. Good to know we’re moving on to more fun stuff like the acting troupe! :-D

Write a Reply or Comment