PotterCast 150 and the Unsung (Unvoiced?) Heroes

364

May 05, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Today we celebrated our 150th Harry Potter podcast, PotterCast, and instead of a big celebratory show we decided on a celebratory post. It takes a village of house-elves to make this show go, and the ones who you rarely, if ever, hear on the show are who we celebrate today.

(Thanks to Frankie “Frak” Franco for the excellent drawing!)

It’s hard to believe this show has lasted this long with such enthusiasm and hard work behind it. You may hear only a handful of voices on the show each week, but behind each one of those voices are many equally important contributors to the show who don’t get nearly the attention their work merits. So let’s thank our non-vocal PotterCast talent:

First, our transcription team, who work their fingers down each week:

The Transcription Elves: Abbey, Alysia (Starlysh), Amber (ladymadaysia), Candace (freedomstar), Catherine (words of wisdom), Delana (Overcast), Jeff (JeffHpFan), Joan (Chinagrrl), Josh (always_a)sidekick), Kate (mugglebornkat), Kayla (bubblehead), Kelli (eponine244), Lily (MissJubilee), Lisa (bitznbats), Maryann (SusannaMio), Melissa D. (FelixFelicis1980), Pascal (nebka), Patty (theleakyflasher), Quinn (nrossi), Sarah W. (Poet), Shawna (dumbledore18).

The Proofers: Corena (lilinferi), Delana (Overcast), Leah (Padfoot4Eva), Maryann (SusannahMio), Melissa P. (mollymom)

Our coder, Sarah (stampsgal) and finalizer Doug (BigD)

The Witchy Helpers: Kimmers (flipendo) and Kimberley (kimpopo)

Our Elf Manager Stephanie (StephanieElf) and elf managers emeritus kadi, kimmyblair, sunnyelf and kimmparker.

Next, our PotterCast editors: Stede Bonnett, Andrew G., Jeff Gregory, Samantha and Liz T.

And last but certainly not least, all of you who are still listening and come to our live shows. 150 shows ago we would have never thought that you’d still be downloading the show now, so thank you! Everyone mentioned here deserves a huge round of applause; thank you all, it honestly would not be PotterCast without you.

Here’s to another 150!

45 Responses to PotterCast 150 and the Unsung (Unvoiced?) Heroes

awww! this is so cute and sweeet! Go PotterCast! Love you guys<3

Avatar Image says:

that is some cool artwork!

Pottercast rocks. Thanks to everybody for the time they put into it.

Avatar Image says:

Go everyone who helps bring us Pottercast! Without you, the world would be a darker place.

Avatar Image says:

You are all the best! Great drawing Frak!

Avatar Image says:

Thanks to everyone at pottercast for such an enduringly entertaining show! everyone loves you! that artwork is great frak! xx

Avatar Image says:

Well nitwit blubber oddment tweak and congats on 150! Keep up the amazing work… you guys make me smile! :D

Avatar Image says:

Frak’s drawing is so cute! :D

Avatar Image says:

Oohh… well thank YOU, for giving us the show week after week, (some a little later than others) but still, i don’t know what i’m going to do if the show’s over!!! i love you all … Long Life to Pottercast!!

Avatar Image says:

you guys rock! i have been listening to you since day one, you’ve all been an interesting and always entertaining part of my life these last three years, keep it up , we love you!

Avatar Image says:

There is so much really good stuff in the Pottercasts, but what I like best is how often you have me in stitches. I’m with you…here’s to another 150!

Keep up the GREAT work guys!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

OH guys thanks to eeryone who puts effort into pottercast,i love the show so much and would be devastated if it ends. I just hope you guys love making it as much as i love hearing it. Again thanks for all the work the unsung heroes do! 150 OH BABY!!

Avatar Image says:

I love PotterCast! I can’t believe it was almost three years ago that I listened to the first PotterCast! I then appeared on the second one as a voicemail! I cannot tell you how thrilled I was about that! Thank you for making me laugh, understand Harry Potter better, and just everything! Lots of hugs! <3 :)

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for brightening up my week these past 150 episodes with Pottercast! I think this deserves a round of butterbeer as well as a big SQUEE!!!! cheers!

Avatar Image says:

AND THANKS TO THE ENTIRE POTTERCAST TEAM! YOU GUYS ROCK!! Lots of cookies, hugs, love, and kisses! <3

Avatar Image says:

Thanks to everyone who’s involved in PotterCast. I’ve been listening since the first episode; you make me laugh so much, you brighten up my day. You guys have been the highlight of my week for almost 3 years now. Don’t know what I’d do without you. Lots of love <3

Avatar Image says:

PotterCast is so much a part of our lives now it seems difficult to imagine life without all you guys who make it possible to really think about what we have read. CHEERS GUYZ

Avatar Image says:

Thanks to everyone who is involved with PotterCast. You make us happy, and considering how many we are, that’s a big ammount of happiness!Here is to many more!!!

Avatar Image says:

i would personally like to thank… Abbey, Alysia (Starlysh), Amber (ladymadaysia), Candace (freedomstar), Catherine (words of wisdom), Delana (Overcast), Jeff (JeffHpFan), Joan (Chinagrrl), Josh (always_a)sidekick), Kate (mugglebornkat), Kayla (bubblehead), Kelli (eponine244), Lily (MissJubilee), Lisa (bitznbats), Maryann (SusannaMio), Melissa D. (FelixFelicis1980), Pascal (nebka), Patty (theleakyflasher), Quinn (nrossi), Sarah W. (Poet), Shawna (dumbledore18).Corena (lilinferi), Delana (Overcast), Leah (Padfoot4Eva), Maryann (SusannahMio), Melissa P. (mollymom)Sarah (stampsgal)Doug (BigD)Kimmers (flipendo) and Kimberley (kimpopo) Stephanie (StephanieElf)kadi, kimmyblair, sunnyelf and kimmparkerStede Bonnett, Andrew G., Jeff Gregory, Samantha and Liz Go PotterCast…... :P

Thanks Pottercast,

We are so grateful for the time and effort you put into making such a great show for us.. words can’t express the joy it’s brought to so many people…

And the great things you’ve done for the fandom and the wider world.. I hope you guys are proud of yourselves, all of you, because we all are immeasurably grateful for all you’ve done.

May PotterCast live in infamy!! :D

CHEERS!!

Avatar Image says:

Thank you soooo much PotterCast! You don’t know how much you saved me from my Post-Potter Depression. So thank you from the bottom of my heart, I wish I could have been there from the beginning (in the process of downloading old episodes). And last, but certainly not least(probably second) a big shot out thanks to…Abbey, Alysia (Starlysh), Amber (ladymadaysia), Candace (freedomstar), Catherine (words of wisdom), Delana (Overcast), Jeff (JeffHpFan), Joan (Chinagrrl), Josh (always_a)sidekick), Kate (mugglebornkat), Kayla (bubblehead), Kelli (eponine244), Lily (MissJubilee), Lisa (bitznbats), Maryann (SusannaMio), Melissa D. (FelixFelicis1980), Pascal (nebka), Patty (theleakyflasher), Quinn (nrossi), Sarah W. (Poet), Shawna (dumbledore18), Corena (lilinferi), Delana (Overcast), Leah (Padfoot4Eva), Maryann (SusannahMio), Melissa P. (mollymom), Our coder, Sarah (stampsgal) and finalizer Doug (BigD) Kimmers (flipendo) and Kimberley (kimpopo), Our Elf Manager Stephanie (StephanieElf) and elf managers emeritus kadi, kimmyblair, sunnyelf and kimmparker,Stede Bonnett, Andrew G., Jeff Gregory, Samantha and Liz T. And finally to the PotterCast Quartet…to many more years of squees, buritos, pelligrino, and good dicussion!

HERE’S TO ANOTHER 150! CHEERS POTTERCAST!!

Avatar Image says:

Thank you soooo much PotterCast! You don’t know how much you saved me from my Post-Potter Depression. So thank you from the bottom of my heart, I wish I could have been there from the beginning (in the process of downloading old episodes). And last, but certainly not least(probably second) a big shot out thanks to…Abbey, Alysia (Starlysh), Amber (ladymadaysia), Candace (freedomstar), Catherine (words of wisdom), Delana (Overcast), Jeff (JeffHpFan), Joan (Chinagrrl), Josh (always_a)sidekick), Kate (mugglebornkat), Kayla (bubblehead), Kelli (eponine244), Lily (MissJubilee), Lisa (bitznbats), Maryann (SusannaMio), Melissa D. (FelixFelicis1980), Pascal (nebka), Patty (theleakyflasher), Quinn (nrossi), Sarah W. (Poet), Shawna (dumbledore18), Corena (lilinferi), Delana (Overcast), Leah (Padfoot4Eva), Maryann (SusannahMio), Melissa P. (mollymom), Our coder, Sarah (stampsgal) and finalizer Doug (BigD) Kimmers (flipendo) and Kimberley (kimpopo), Our Elf Manager Stephanie (StephanieElf) and elf managers emeritus kadi, kimmyblair, sunnyelf and kimmparker,Stede Bonnett, Andrew G., Jeff Gregory, Samantha and Liz T. And finally to the PotterCast Quartet…may you have many more years of squees, buritos, pelligrino, and good dicussion!

HERE’S TO ANOTHER 150! CHEERS POTTERCAST!!

Avatar Image says:

Opps, sorry about that everyone XD (tried to make a correction AFTER I hit the “post” button XP)

Avatar Image says:

Awww MELISSA! We love PotterCast and unvoiced or not we would never remove our tea cozies, not even after the great rebellion in which we take over the world!

Thanks for the thanks and here’s to 150 more PCs to proof!

<333 Leah

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for making cleaning the kitchen the funniest hour of my day! Keep it up the great work.

Avatar Image says:

That is so true. I’m so glad these people are willing to spend time and effort on Pottercast every week. Being a fan wouldn’t be the same for me without it. Thanks guys!!!!! :)

Avatar Image says:

Been with you guys since the beginning. I don’t listen much anymore, far too busy and my iPod doesn’t work, but when I do, it’s like hanging out with old friends. Keep going strong guys!

Cheers! _

Avatar Image says:

thanks for all your hard work, everyone! You guys (and gals) rock! :)

Avatar Image says:

Thanks to everyone involved with the PotterCast!! Love you all! You make my life all that more enjoyable :D

Avatar Image says:

I didnt realise it was such a big team! Unsung heroes, indeed. Thanks Pottercast team for 150 hours of entertainment, interviews, discussions, opinions and quite often, hilarious comedy! You’ve all worked hard behind the scenes to give us the best podcast than anyone else in the world, and I am not just talking about Harry Potter podcasts. You all rock.

Avatar Image says:

Oh I didn’t know so many people were involved in PotterCasts!

Thank you everyone – your hard work is much appreciated xD

And great drawings Frak ;)

Avatar Image says:

thank you for 150 amazing shows!!

Congratulations PotterCast!

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!

Thanks for helping me thru my work day :-)

WOW!!!

I never paid attention to the drawings, but Frak is wonderful!!!

Avatar Image says:

We love you, PotterCast staff! Thank you so much for all your work!

Avatar Image says:

woopwoop. WE LOVE POTTERCAST.

WELL DONE TEAM!

Avatar Image says:

I love you guys, you made my last summer’s dredge to the most horrible office job imaginable unbelievably entertaining. I owe you my sanity! Thank you PotterCast

Avatar Image says:

Thanks you guys… so much. It means a lot. But of course, to the PotterCast quartet, we wouldn’t be here without you, so thanks for the awesome 150 episodes you have given us! Cheers to many more happy PC episodes :)

Avatar Image says:

This really makes my day. Everyone participating and listening is awesome. I love you guys.

Avatar Image says:

YAY for pottercast for adding an extra spice to my life…! lol

Avatar Image says:

YAY! I’ve listened since the very first episode was released and I’ve loved every moment! Thank you so much to all of those mentioned in this post! You make my PotterCast world go round! : ) : )

Avatar Image says:

Go PotterCast!! You guys brighten my week and give me something to look forward to! Heres to another 150 shows and more! :-D

Avatar Image says:

Let’s bring back the old school Cannon Conundrums…....this sorting hat business has run its course…........

Write a Reply or Comment