Radcliffe and Leung Receive Nod for OotP Kiss at MTV Movie Awards

116

May 07, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The nominations for the 2008 MTV Movie Awards were released today and actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Katie Leung (Cho Chang) were recognized in the category of Best Kiss. The much talked about on-screen kiss between the two actors joined moments from other films such as “Disturbia,” “Enchanted,” “Step Up 2,” and “Juno” in this particular category. Voting is open now until May 23rd. You may vote your choice in this and all other categories via this link. The seventeenth annual MTV Movie Awards will be hosted by actor Mike Meyers and be broadcast live from California on Sunday, June 1st.

Congratulations to Dan and Katie!

45 Responses to Radcliffe and Leung Receive Nod for OotP Kiss at MTV Movie Awards

Gratz Dan! Katie! =D Good Luck. ;D

Avatar Image says:

I’m hoping the H/G kiss will have a lot more chemistry. Harry/Cho was blah, but it’s great because that’s exactly how it should be! :)

Avatar Image says:

I want to see Ginny’s Birthday Kiss with Harry in DH. It might change the movie’s rating.

Avatar Image says:

BLAH harry/cho. still, that’s way cool that harry potter got nominated for SOMETHING!!! (plus, it was a pretty great kiss…)

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations to Sharii-Ann and Libby for not writing – “yay, first post!”

I will KILL katie Leung and Bonnie Wright if its the last thing i do

Avatar Image says:

That kiss was just CREEPY!!!

dude, 8th post!!!!!

okay, that was just gross. they dont talk all year—or not much, then, hey, uh, wanna make out? okay! h/g will be sooooooo much better. but whatevet. anything harry potter that gets recognized is good with me

Avatar Image says:

Anykind of good HP recognition is good

Avatar Image says:

Whoa if the meaningless H/C kiss gets a nomination.. imagine how crazzyyyy the hype and acclaim will be for the huge H/G and R/Hr kisses!!! (especially the latter.. 7year long build up, anyone?)

Avatar Image says:

meh… Harry/Cho, still happy cuz it’s something HP…and I hope you’re right about the H/G and R/HR kisses (I bet the latter will definitely be nominated for best kiss!) XD

Avatar Image says:

“Hugs and Kisses” all ‘round! Way to keep ‘em smiling, Dan and Katie!

Avatar Image says:

Sure, awards are nice, and maybe it’s because I’m not a woman, but I hated the Harry and Cho kiss. It would have been fine if it had just stopped after a few seconds, but they had to do the whole pan up from their feet to their faces, although I will admit the Cedric picture made it alot better.

Avatar Image says:

OMG didnt that kiss take like 30 retakes….

wow i guess it was worth it wasn’t it!!!

I THINK THAT THE BEST KISS WILL BE RON + LAVENDER.

THAT GIRL IS

NOT

WORTH

RUPERT

GRINT.

but the 7th movie will have the best kisses…..

XDDDD

Avatar Image says:

Yay for nomination and all but it wasn’t that great a kiss. I’m voting for Juno.

On a side note Mike Myers is hosting so it should be a good show.

I too hope R&H get a nom in 2011 or whenever we get the last part.

Avatar Image says:

Oh boy, I can just imagine when DH comes out, the Dan/Emma kiss and Dan/Rupert kiss being both nominated for Best Kiss in those awards… and the Dan/Emma kiss winning O.o

Avatar Image says:

My vote would be for the super nova evil h/hr kiss! That should burn up the screen. Depending on where the movie breaks, maybe that one will be in teh first half of the DH. Otherwise, looking forward to seeing hte h/g kiss.

Avatar Image says:

My vote will for the big RON AND HERMIONE kiss!!!!! I can’t believe emma will have to kiss both dan and rupert!!

Avatar Image says:

Hey why isn’t what I wrote posted?!

Avatar Image says:

cool go dan and katie ! the harry and hinny kiss should be good, the won won and lav lav kiss should be a bit comical, the best kiss inthe entire series willbe a tie between giiny’s birthday kiss to harry and hermione laying oneon ron for saying to get the house elves out of hogwarts

R/Hr KISS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Harry/ Cho kiss was the most pathetic kiss I have ever seen. ten year olds could done it better. it was totally lame.

I’m also soooo looking forward to see Emma kissing Dan and Rupert. I’m jelaous. I think Ron/Hermione will be the best screen kiss! while I was reading it for the first time there was smile on my face and tears in my eyes. it was brilliant. and personally I think Rupert is better in kissing than Dan. Rupe has sweet mouth and it sort of fits with Emmas:D

Avatar Image says:

It’s kind of hard to believe there wasn’t another movie kiss better than h/c for this category, but whatever. After the 7th movie, it should be a big battle between H/G and R/Hr for Best Kiss…can’t wait!!

Avatar Image says:

Isabel, is Dan and Rupert gonna kiss?! I must have missed that part in Deathly Hallows

Avatar Image says:

Erm…oO…I missed the Harry – Ron kiss as well, but if there was one, it will be definitley the best rofl For the Harry-Cho kiss: it shouldn’t win! There were better ones, but I think that’s what made this kiss good for the roles…Harrys first kiss and then the end of their realationship… ^^

Avatar Image says:

You see thats why DH was the worst book in the whole series! The stupid kiss in DH wasn’t even REAL! It was just JR thorwing a bone to those sad H/H shippers. BTW, it will computer generated!!!! Also like MTV has no other nomanations! If two are going to be nom from DH, it will be Harry/Ginny and Ron/ Hermione.

Avatar Image says:

Lol Potterpal, They did and CoNGRATIONS!

Avatar Image says:

So not voting for this kiss, as much as I love Harry Potter. Sorry, but the Juno Kiss was much more awesome.

Avatar Image says:

Regardless of how much important anyone think this moment had on the story film-wise, there is no doubt in my mind that this was done very tenderly, superbly well executed by both Dan and (perfect Cho) Katie and well directed. I enjoyed it and imho, I think the films made this an important part of the story, as it was about Harry and his angst and frustrations that everything is against him. Even when he thought he had something special to love, it was wrenched from him through apparent betrayal. So Cho IS important to his story in the film as much as she was in the book, except the movie simply plays it out differently. And so the kiss moment thoroughly deserves this recognition.

Avatar Image says:

ew. not really into 15 year old make-out sessions! it just feels creeeeepy…

Avatar Image says:

wooo!!! well done dan and katie Obviously all them takes were woth it as i always say “practise makes perfect” :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

but i think the real awards will come with harry and ginny in the next film and rupert and emma well good luck to every1 and congratulations Dan & Katie :):):):):):):):)

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I just can’t wait until DH, just to see if Emma does indeed kiss Ron and Harry. Not because I want to see it, but mainly because I want to see the Emma haters overflowing with their slobbering wrath on the postings. Can’t you just see it now? “Why do people keep telling her she can kiss when CAN’T!!!!!!!” I can hear the facial pimples breaking out now. Wonderful!

rofl Susan ^^

Avatar Image says:

although I LOVE harry potter, i love Juno more, it’s my favourite film of all time + enchanteds great to. and i think i’ll just save my vote until harry + ginny kiss. not to keen on cho chang.

Avatar Image says:

Sorry, Dan and Katie, I voted for Ellen and Michael in Juno.

Wouldn’t it be funny if next year, Dan and Bonnie were up against Rupert and Jessie for best kiss?

Avatar Image says:

The Cho/Harry kiss was very awkward, I don’t really think it deserves to win. Shia in Disturbia should win… ;)

Avatar Image says:

EWWWW! srry but the harry/ginny kiss better be better than the harry and cho kiss. sorry cho fans but i really dont like her!!!!!! GO GINNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Did I ever tell anyone that I HATE Cho!!!!Oh well i do!!!!!! But still its hp related soo…i voted. I just can’t wait 4 h/g kisses!!!!It will be so much better and smoother. Harry/Cho was akward if u ask me!!!But still…go Harry..NOT cho!

Avatar Image says:

Rofl, ok, I missed the Dan/Rupert kiss too. Whoops. My bad. You guys know what I meant =D

Avatar Image says:

Juno should win. I love that kiss! Michael Cera is such a cutie.

Avatar Image says:

The fans who are hoping that the H/G kiss will have a bigger hype than the H/C kiss is bound for severe disappointment. Filiming is now over for HBP and no mention at all of the H/G kiss, not even much hype for Hary’s next girlfriend. In OotP, a year before the release of the film, the media was already talking about Harry’s kiss with Cho. Can’t say that happened with H/G. There’s even more talk of Ron’s snog with Lavender than the H/G romance. And al I can say is – I approve! The H/G relationship isn’t much to spark a mistletoe anyway. Badly written romance…

Avatar Image says:

I think it was more hype about the H/C kiss bcause it was Daniel’s “first” kiss on screen (though nobody was thinking of December Boys .).

And now everybody is talking about the R/L kiss because its Ruperts first oO….or something like that.

Avatar Image says:

. . . in the movie the kiss was blah (as it should be!) but the mashup they did for the MTV awards clip is hot.

Muahaha! Dude, that’s what I thought too! :) The funky music made the kiss SO much better. :) And so that made me want to vote for it. It sounded hot & ten time better. :D

Oh my GOD, I cannot WAIT for the R/Hr kiss in DH! I only hope that Emma doesn`t kiss Dan, though. :( Because then it will ruin the kiss between Ron and Hermione. Can’t you see it now? People will mistaken that Harry and Hermione are together! But that’s just what I think. Haha. (: Anyway, I REALLY, TRULY, DESPERATELY hope that there won’t be a H/Hr kiss. =) Save it for only Hermione & Ron. <3

Avatar Image says:

Best? really? Bah, I could care less about Viacrap and their opinions, to be honest. Hopefully the Harry / Ginny kiss blows them away, because the OotP kiss wasn’t even supposed to be great.

Write a Reply or Comment