Jessie Cave Profiled in New Magazine Article

121

May 08, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Actress Jessie Cave, who is set to portray Lavender Brown in the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” film, is briefly featured in an issue of ASOS Magazine where she comments on her first on-screen kiss with fellow actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley). The twenty-one year old actress, who was cast last year in the role of Ron’s girlfriend in the film, says the following of filming that particular scene:

“It was a bit embarrassing. Our first screen kiss was on my third day of shooting.” says Jessie. “It’s been an amazing experience though. I’ve been completely immersed in the Harry Potter world since filming started last year.”

The article also goes on to note her involvement in publishing a book of her illustrations. Thanks to JessieCaveFan, you can view a scan of the article over in our Image Galleries.

“Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” will arrive in theaters this November.

Thanks to Joey for mailing!

46 Responses to Jessie Cave Profiled in New Magazine Article

Avatar Image says:

Cool!i’M FIRST!Oh,sorry for suh a kiddish words…It’s good,some HBP news!I’m awaiting for the trailer and photos

Avatar Image says:

Yay!!!Half-blood prince news! Haha, just wait until rupert’s fangirls watch that kiss….

Avatar Image says:

This girl is ssoooooo lucky you know rupert is like hot. as in super. and she got to kiss him!

you are one lucky girl, jessie.

Avatar Image says:

Call me fiendish, but this news is a little late in coming. It was from SnitchSeeker and, in fact, the scan originally came from http://jessiecavefan.for-fan.org/.

wow..

5th..

that’s new..

anyway.. i think she’s going to be awesome as Lav Lav.. As long as she loses those glasses :P

Avatar Image says:

That’s awesome! I think she looks like a neat Lavender. Looking forward to seeing the movie..as we all are!

Come on teaser trailer!

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! WB a trailer, please!! or at least some pictures.

Avatar Image says:

Well they got the kiss out of the way ;D

awww i wonder if some acting coaches tell you how to kiss :P im sure it’ll be great in the movie, maybe the kiss will get nominated aswell hehehe

Emma’s turn sooon lol

Cant wait to see Jessie’s scenes in the movie, im sure she’ll do great :D

Avatar Image says:

I’ll be interested to see the scenes that involve Lav Lav/Ron/Hermione, I hope it’s as funny as in the books. I wouldn’t much want to snog Rupert.

Hopefully this means we’ll be getting more hbp news.

Avatar Image says:

It’s odd. I always pictured LB as black. Hmm … I guess Ron’s not down with the swirl after all.

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s cool how they chose someone not too dissimilar looking from Emma. Dare I say that she’s BETTEr looking than Emma?? Of course, she’s a few years older than her. It will make it easier for Hermione to look upset that Ron is with a hot-looking Lavender!

Robbie:

But you may have thought that because there was a young actress billed as Lavendar in the original film.  In the snogging scenes in the 6th book however, it appears that she was caucasian (don't know where one ends and the other  begins).  Probably a simple case of casting before the whole storyline came out.

Fred escorted Angelina to the Yule Ball in GOF.

Why does it do that?

Robbie:

But you may have thought that because there was a young actress billed as Lavendar in the original film. In the snogging scenes in the 6th book however, it appears that she was caucasian (don’t know where one ends and the other begins). Probably a simple case of casting before the whole storyline came out. Fred escorted Angelina to the Yule Ball in GOF.

Avatar Image says:

I like Jessie Cave, lucky lucky girl she is. But still, i guess i can close my eyes at that part (I love Rupert!!!!!) anywhoo, i always love HBP new XD

Avatar Image says:

I wonder if this kiss will be in the trailer….like the last one was :)

Avatar Image says:

I already hate her. Not just because she kissed Rupert…she looks a little bit weird…and naughty. perfect Lavender though @performingmonkey- better looking than Emma? are you out of your mind? our Emma is the most beautiful young actress on the world. Scarlet, Keira….who? There is only one name-Emma Watson. I want to see HBP pics. I can wait for trailer a bit more, but please WB-pics!!!

Avatar Image says:

Also, it wasn’t her first on screen kiss cause she was making out with a bushy haired dude in Summerhill,lol

Avatar Image says:

I thought that too Brianna, her first on screen kiss was on summerhill, anyway I can’t wait to see those scenes and she sounds a little bit like Rupert wich I think they probably spent too much time together because of their scenes, and what is wrong with WB??! why is there no news yet??! COME ON WE NEED SOMETHING WB A PICTURE AT LEAST!!!

Avatar Image says:

lol matea – what’re you on about? She’s a fair bit prettier than Emma. Not that Emma isn’t pretty or anything, of course.

That’s cool about the book of illustrations, although the glasses show a very strong resemblance to the ones that my Grandma wears.. Not that I know anything about fashion, of course :P

Avatar Image says:

I think Jessie is really really pretty and I like her style, I mean I used to think Emma was like the prettiest one but now I realize that they make her look that way to make a difference between her and the other girls, I think Emma is cute but Jessie is sooo adorable and gorgeous!!

I’m sooo jealous!!!

Can’t wait until HBP – I’m sure she is going to be amazing in it!

Avatar Image says:

I think she’s really pretty, but I always pictured Lavender as kind of your average gal. Hmmm… Poor Hermione!

I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE RON/HERMIONE KISS!

Avatar Image says:

Ashlee: I would think Lavender is intended to be prettier than Hermione. Keep in mind Hermione is far from a beauty queen, no matter what the movies might tell us. I think that part of Hermione’s jealousy probably came from Lavender being more pretty and more popular than her, and that’s the girl Ron fell for. It probably made her feel like Ron was out of her league. After all, even normally, Ron is (although not uber popular himself) above Hermione on the Hogwarts social ladder. Ah, teen politics.

Avatar Image says:

Wish I can’t wait for a trailer

Avatar Image says:

I saw her in Summerhill. She was an okay actress, I guess. The role was a small one_ She looks great though.

But poor Hermione! Kelly, what you said about Hermione being lower on the social ladder is upsetting to me. But Hermione has bigger social moments than Ron at times. Like going to the ball with Krum. I always felt that Ron felt he wasn’t in Hermione’s league. urgh. They’re both stupids for taking too long getting together. lol.

Avatar Image says:

hey any news is news right..

as for the beauty/ugly thing, emma is a beautiful young woman but she’s not drop dead gorgeous, Jessie is also not DDG but she has this regular yet exotic beauty to her, it’s this vixen type of beauty I guess you can call it, emma looks to me like many of the lead British actresses you see this days (kiera and the likes).

Avatar Image says:

Slither: It’s not a slam on Hermione as a character. Believe me, I was her in high school. However, Ron is an average bloke. He’s not particularly popular, but he’s not unpopular. I would argue that he becomes more popular in HBP, after he becomes a “Quidditch Star” though. I have to wonder if Lavender would have really paid him much mind before that.

Hermione is unpopular. She’s friends with Ginny and becomes friends with Luna, but otherwise she has no female friends that we see and in fact, is rather avoided by a lot of the girls.

That’s the reason her going to the ball with Krum was a huge shock. Here’s this nerdy girl who sits in the library all the time and hangs out with two guys constantly, showing up with Viktor Krum.

And I agree that Ron thought Hermione was out of his league, but not because of her place on the social ladder. I think they both felt the other one was out of their league. They both can be so insecure.

Avatar Image says:

Just a question is lavender brown in glasses? I wonder if they’re going to show ron and lavender kissing in the teasser trailer when it comes out May 15 and hermione getting jealous.

Avatar Image says:

“They both can be so insecure.”

Agreed. But what is popularity, but a shallow judgment by others? :) haha. I want to think that social standing never entered into either of their minds, but that their insecurity stemmed from “does he/she like me back? Or She is so intelligent/ He probably doesn’t find me attractive.” etc.

Avatar Image says:

Slither: Hey I’m not vouching for popularity as a valid manner of judging others (eek), but I do think teenagers do it, even if subconsciously. I’m not sure I can believe that there was none of that entering Hermione’s mind, even if it wasn’t a huge driving reason behind her insecurity. She’s still an insecure high school girl, when it all comes down to it.

Avatar Image says:

I suppose. But they spend more time with each other and Harry than with anyone else. The Trio are always sort of separate from everyone, and off in their own world. How would other peoples opinions be a better judgment of character? I should stop now, because every time I consider the topic, I open up a whole can of worms. XS

Avatar Image says:

Slither: Other people’s opinions aren’t a better judge of character. Ron and Hermione were both wrong in HBP in how they behaved. Still love them to bits though.

Avatar Image says:

well, i’m going to be the one in the first row of the theater squeaking everytime her and rupert kiss. this will be toture… oh well! (= i’ll just pretend it’s me. haha. i CANNOT wait for this movie! eeeek! (=

Avatar Image says:

I agree with you, Betty Sue. This piece of news comes kind of late… I already thought Leaky was not going to post this!! =( After all, they didn’t announce her birthday as they use to do with the rest of the HP cast.

Avatar Image says:

cool a nd for the record Seamus took lavender to the yule ball in GOF

Avatar Image says:

Rupert Grint is a lucky young man! She’s beautiful! :)

Avatar Image says:

Emma and Jessie are both very beautiful in their own ways. Emma is an innocent, universal, delicate kind of pretty, while Jessie is more mature and (dare I say) sexy looking. They’ll complement each other (and Rupert!!! <3) wonderfully on screen.

OT: Slither and Kelly – I really enjoyed reading your discussion, lol. :)

Avatar Image says:

..(and Rupert!) wonderfully on screen.

The heartache of R/Hr is one of the things I love most about their dynamic. They pull through and make everything worth it.

Emma is prettier then Jessie 100%

Avatar Image says:

I think Emma looks alot like Keira Knightly. Not exactly the same but similar!

Avatar Image says:

Jessie is pretty, I’m not going to say if she’s prettier or uglier than Emma. I don’t see why we have to compare them. Jessie is more unique looking while Emma more ‘classic’(as someone said, she looks a lot like Keire etc.)

Anyway. So is she really going to have glasses in the movie? ‘Cause I remember a fan report months ago saying she had them, and now in the picture she’s also wearing them o__O Not very Lavender-ish.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Leaky for the Update and cdongrations on getting the Part of Brown Cave!

Avatar Image says:

I think they’re both pretty, but I don’t think Emma looks like Keira Knightley, and I think Jessie’s face kinda looks like like a combination of Kirsten Dunst and Michelle Pfeiffer, I think both are gorgeous in differents ways, and I can’t wait to see the chemistry between Rupert & Jessie, I need a picture NOW WB!!

Avatar Image says:

I think you’re right helena,there is no need at all to compare them.Both look good in their own way.Can’t wait to see Hermione getting jealous in the movie. I WANT SOME PICTURES NOW!

Avatar Image says:

Well, just because I am a bit particular about it…the news source for JessieCaveFan for this news was JessieCave.net

Avatar Image says:

Well, just because I am a bit particular about these things…JCF got this news originally from JessieCave.net

Write a Reply or Comment