Whimsic Alley Seeks Young Harry Potter Fans for Interviews

May 10, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Harry Potter apparel and product retailer Whimsic Alley has updated their website to announce an upcoming video interview call for fans of the novels aged 8 to 14 taking place in Santa Monica, California. On May 18th, Whimsic Alley will be interviewing Harry Potter fans of all kinds from that age group on their experiences reading the novels. The website also indicates that Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling will be involved in some way near the end of the judging or final selection process. In order to participate, interested youths must print, complete, and bring a signed Parental Consent Form to the interview taping on May 18th. The Parental Consent form can be found on the Whimsic Alley website along with complete information for parents and their children.

25 Responses to Whimsic Alley Seeks Young Harry Potter Fans for Interviews

Avatar Image says:

First! Sounds cool, but I don’t live in California so now I’m annoyed. Stupid East Coast!

Avatar Image says:

YEAHHHH i live in california close to santa monica i totally want to do that

I love that place. Too bad I’m 17 :\

Avatar Image says:

California? That’s not fair. What about those of us on the east coast? Why couldn’t we enter, be picked, and flown to California? So not fair.

OMG. My birthday’s on may 18th. And I’ll be 15.!!! :(

8-14 AGAIN!! Couldn’t they extend it a BIT, at least till 18 years! :-(

Avatar Image says:

this sucks. why the age range? this is so unfair. cries

Avatar Image says:

ohhh!i’d love to participate! i’m 14 in june! but its in california. too far from where i live :(

Avatar Image says:

WHY do they have to have it in C.A??? i agree w/ jo

Avatar Image says:

ahhhhhh….! thats so stuipid why cant we have it in like 3 or 4 different states?

that sucks

oh Gosh I live in Macedonia. I really want to do that but I can’t :(

Avatar Image says:

Why do they never hold a competition for like 18-24? You know for the people who actually grew up with Harry

Avatar Image says:

I would have done that! It sounds so awesome, but I live in NY and i doubt my parents would drive me all the way there, and Kiwi Mc I, I am 14 and I grew up with Harry Potter, reading them since I was 6, although I do understand what you are saying, most 8 year olds didn’t grow up reading them

Avatar Image says:

oi this is so frusterating. they should have one for the east coast, west coast, and a few more in between…ughh

Avatar Image says:

come on! at 16 i mstill a kid! why cant it be all MINORS? that would still work! it would make life so much more exciting!

AW SHUCKS!

Live, love, Harry Potter!

Avatar Image says:

oh i wish wish wish it was open to uk it sounds great! but i did get to meet j,k,rowling last year so i can’t really complain! x

Avatar Image says:

Grr, I live in Northern California. But then again, it wouldn’t be that long of a broom ride… And I’m young enough. On a side note: I love Whimsic Alley! I went there last November. It was awesome.

Avatar Image says:

hey everyone—don’t go too hard on us little ones/californians. it’s not our fault if we’re 8-14 years old. and for the people who have been saying that we haven’t grown up with harry, well…yeah, we have too. yes we could read when we were 5 years old. and besides, what does it matter how old you were when the books came out? it doesn’t mean you’re a bigger fan, we can’t control when we’re born.

so calm down, please. it’s just kind of frustrating to read these comments

p.s. for those of you who are saying its not fair it’s just california…consider that whimsic alley is NOT a chain, and they’re the ones who are running it. so since their store is in california, of course it’s being held here.

Avatar Image says:

Shoot. being 13 is tough… lol but good luck to thoses who audition! i’ve never be as far west a Lancaster, PA so that tells ya something! =]

Avatar Image says:

As with many, I fit the age group… but not the location. Oh well, looking forward to seeing the chosen fans!

Avatar Image says:

so cool but so not fair. im about to be 18. whoever is making this thing is not thinking about the ages of the very first fans. When the books came out, I was about harry’s age. He turned 13, so did I. (we are only 3 days in difference!) So much of the older fans are the ones that have spent most of their lives with Harry.

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I’m 13 and i live next to Santa Monica! Woo Hoo! Go Cali! Maybe I’ll go.

Avatar Image says:

I think this is an awesome idea. I had the chance to visit their store last summer and it was amazing. They are choosing only kids from the Santa Monica area because that’s where the store is located. Since it is a rather small, privately owned business, I doubt they would they be able to afford to fly people in from all over the country. I know in some of the owners previous books he interviewed people at different HP conventions, which was pretty cool. As for the age range I think there is s certain innocence or outlook on life that a kid has that disappears once they hit puberty and start to enter the adult world, so I guess that is why they are going with a younger group. I can’t wait to see the finished product I’m sure it will be adorable!

Avatar Image says:

I love it, but im from Puerto Rico. In my opinion they should estends the STATES…......... see you. Kisses to Daniel

Write a Reply or Comment