Happy Molly Weasley Day

May 11, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Happy Mother’s Day!

It might as well be called Harry Potter Day, because as we learned in Deathly Hallows, Mother’s Day gets to the very core of what the series was all about. Say something nice to your mom today, show her all the great motherly moments in Harry Potter or simply re-enact Molly Weasley’s big battle moment (yes, you know the one); whatever you do, we hope you have a great celebration of the lovely women in your life!

(The art here is Heather Campbell’s, aka Makani’s, and we use it with great thanks to the artist!)

52 Responses to Happy Molly Weasley Day

Avatar Image says:

Happy Mothers Day to all of the mothers out there!

Happy Mothers Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Mother’s Day Moms!!!!!!! [:

Happy Mother’s day!!!

(4th comment, yay)

Avatar Image says:

Happpy Mother’s Day Mommies across the world. i think my mom would stand up to bellatrix and kill her anyday. mwhahah. has the HBP trailer come out yettt?

Avatar Image says:

H appy Mother’s Day to Molly Weasley. Nice art work even if it isn’t anything like i see in my mind of how Molly looks. She looks a little younger in my mind. Art is always interpritive and this is hers ,and it is good .

Avatar Image says:

happy Mother’s Day! I personally think that we should be mentioning many other mothers today, but I guess Molly is the mother that we have the most contact with.

Avatar Image says:

what about lily potter.is she bad mom? happy lily potter and molly weasyley day

Avatar Image says:

happy mothers day to Molly Weasley and to lilly potter and to Nymphadora Tonk-Lupin as well even though they never had much time to enjoy motherhood and too al the moms everywhere, (top 10 whoo!)

Happy Mother’s Day, to all the wonderful moms out there!! :DDD

Molly Weasley is boss. XDDD

Avatar Image says:

Happy Mother’s Day to all moms out there, and also to Molly Weasley, Lily Evans, Hermione Granger, Ginny Weasley, Nymphadora Tonks, Fleur Delacour, and many more (especially Narcissa Malfoy. Especially Narcissa Malfoy).

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!!!!

(Molly Weasley has brown eyes…)

Avatar Image says:

I just love you website (as I have said before – but it bears repeating). And, I agree, it IS Molly Weasley Day. I just love her.

Avatar Image says:

Happy M’s Day!! I went to dinner last week already (avoiding the rush…) with both my mom and granny. And I noticed how much the three of us are alike! So actually, I’m celebrating my future!

Avatar Image says:

u all forgot neville’s mum and grandma. and tonk’s mum

Avatar Image says:

Of course, in Britain Mother’s Day was weeks ago, but happy Mother’s Day to the rest of you anyway!

Avatar Image says:

I am MAD about Molly Weasley. And Julie Walters is PERFECT as my favorite HP Mom!

HAPPY MOM’S DAY to Molly and all the wonderful HP Moms!

Avatar Image says:

That just gave me a heart attack, Mothers day was the 2nd of May in the UK :) so Its cool.Happy mothers day thou!

Happy Mother’s Day USA!!

Like Ally said, here in the UK we have already had Mother’s Day!

And also Happy Mother’s Day to anywhere else in the world that celebrates it today (I don’t know if it’s just America or if it’s everywhere other than UK!).

Mom, Happy Mother’s day! Molly rocks

Happy Mother’s Day!

makani is awesome

Avatar Image says:

I just got back into the country, I have been in Italy for a week, so that was a great present for my mom to have me “home” for a few hours before I went to my house. I missed so much on Leaky this week, I have some catching up to do. Happy Mothers day to all!

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

molly is my HERO!!!! she is the BOMB!!! i sound like RANDY JACKSON!!! DAWG!!!! ha ha sorry. the scene, “get away from my daughter, you bitch,” yeah, thats going in my yearbook when im a senior for my senior quote. i dont care if my teachers wont let me, im gonna do it.

Avatar Image says:

Happy Mothers Day to all of the mothers out there!

And, whether or not we are mothers, may we all have the courage to stand up and fight evil wherever it is. Posted by Reader511 on May 11, 2008 @ 10:54 AM

Nice Post, Reader511!

What he said!^^

Avatar Image says:

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mothers, Grandmothers, Great Grandmothers, etc…and to Molly Weasley, the Mother of Mothers…....................I hope those boys of yours lay off the wands….at least for your day!!!!!Happy happy, Joy, joy!

Avatar Image says:

A Great Big “Happy Mother’s Day!” To: Molly Weasley, Fleur Weasley, Audrey Weasley, Angelina Weasley, Hermione Weasley, Ginevra Potter, Luna Scamander, & Of course, my own Mother.

Avatar Image says:

Happy mother’s day down there, ahahaha.

Avatar Image says:

Happy Mother’s Day, everyone!

Avatar Image says:

It’s MOTHER’S day…NOT Molly’s day! Lets remember that she is NOT even real!! So you just look stupid when you wish someone a Happy Mother Day, when they are not even real!!!!

Avatar Image says:

You do realise Harry Potter is British? So this US Mothers day doesnt really relate to the series.

Avatar Image says:

Kitkat, you’re being a bit too serious here. The “mothers” who are depicted in the fictional world of JKR show some of the best examples of mothers everywhere. To most of us, the ultimate MOM would be someone like Molly Weasley. So lighten up! Don’t be so rude or I’ll tell YOUR mother!!

Avatar Image says:

So today is the Mother’s Day there in the US?? I live in Spain and here it’s the first Sunday of May, so that was on the 4th, 2 days later than in the UK.

Avatar Image says:

Happy Mothers Day to Molly Weasley and to all those good mothers like her!

Avatar Image says:

@Kitkat , you mean to tell me Molly Weasley is NOT real???

Oh STOP it…you’re breaking my heart!!!

Avatar Image says:

A big shout out to my wife Kimberly!

To all that I am and all that I ever will be….You are the greatest Wife and even a better Mother!

Avatar Image says:

anthony, that was so sweet! i hope you told your wife that in person, not just on a website. though anything on a harry potter website is fine w/ me :D and i kind of forgot; ginny and hermione are moms now too!!! squee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i always think of them as 16 and 17.

Avatar Image says:

Actually, it’s Mother’s Day in South America too, so HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to Molly, Lily, Hermione, Ginny, all the Potter moms and of course, my own mom! HAPPY DAY!

Kitkat, what are you talking about, of course Molly’s real rolls eyes

lol

Avatar Image says:

Happy Mothers’ Day… to all moms who are “real” and “fictional”.... and I include all those who may have not given birth to me, but stood between me and the bitches of the world. Better yet, they also taught me to stand up to them myself.

Avatar Image says:

Well, I never liked Molly. I think she treated her daughter poorly!!! She never even talked about what happen to her daughter in her second year. If I had Molly Weasley as a mom, I probley would have run away. I also have NO respect for Lily after the 7th book. She died for her kid, what mother wouldn’t do that? I don’t like the way she treated Snape. She keeps claiming that these book are about mother’s love but I don’t see it.

Avatar Image says:

wow…you still got people wishing Molly a “Happy Mother Day”. This is just sad. See you back in the real world!!!

Avatar Image says:

Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful Moms out there, who give one of the most selfless forms of love in this world!

Avatar Image says:

Mother’s Day in the UK is actually in March, not the 2nd May. Anyway never mind.

Avatar Image says:

Here we don’t have mother’s day until the end of the month, Molly looks like an evil witch in that picture btw o.O

Avatar Image says:

I had always liked Leaky as it wasn’t as Americanised as some of the other HP fansites. So I was a little disappointed to see this…

Avatar Image says:

Happy mothers’ day to people in usa.

Avatar Image says:

Hmmm. I just read a news story that says Julie Walters, who plays Molly Weasley in the films, hates the Harry Potter books, and only read them to see if her character dies.

But when I read the article, nothing she said actually meant that she HATES the books. All she said was that she wasn’t an avid fan. It’s disappointing but then again it’s only a job, to her.

@Squeaky

I read the “Julie Walters Hates Harry Potter Books” story too and found it was a classic example of the media inventing a headline to get people to read a story. Julie Walters did not say she hated the books, she merely said she hadn’t read them. Geez, she’s probably busy or has other stuff she likes to read and just isn’t going to get around to the Potter books. Talk about putting words in someone’s mouth.

Honestly, unless they’re giving a distinctly non-canon performance in the movies (coughGamboncough), I would never want to force someone to read the HP books. I’ve gotten to read them, and that’s good enough for me.

Avatar Image says:

Happy Be-lated Mothers Day to Everyone, that includes everyone in other countries and in the real and fictional World. Lets try to all be nice and just celebrate that there are wonderful women in this world and in Fatasy Land. Lets also extend a Happy Mother’s day to those woman who act as Mothers to mother-less girls and to all the Fathers who have to be Both Mother and Father to His children.

Avatar Image says:

Molly Weasley is from the UK and in the UK Mother’s Day (or more properly Mothering Sunday) is celebrated mid-way through Lent, this year on March 2nd.

She does not get Mother’s Day cards/wishes on the 2nd Sunday in May a) because she is a character who lives in the UK, and b) because she is a fictional character.

Avatar Image says:

I know i’m really late w/ this but Happy Mother’s day to all the HP mothers….. but i’m shocked no one sent a Happy Mother day to the one person who made all these HP mothers possible.. So Happy really be-lated Mothers Day to J.K. Rowling… and Happy be-lated Mothers day to all the mothers everywhere…

Write a Reply or Comment