British TV Presenter Talks Part in “Half-Blood Prince”

113

May 17, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

A television host in the UK has landed a small part in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. This is Nottingham reports that GMTV presenter Ben Shepard will be seen as an extra for the Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes scene in HBP, where he will play a parent in the wizarding shop. Ben Shepard is quoted as saying of his part:”My lack of puberty says I can’t have beards.”I’ve got a part in the new Harry Potter film and when they did my costume fitting I said ‘Is there any chance I could have some sideburns?’ So they stuck some sideburns on me and I said ‘I couldn’t have a cheeky moustache could I?’They’ve given me a moustache, they’ve given me sideburns – I’m loving it.Harry Potter is great but more excitingly I’ve got facial hair for the first time in my life aged 33.”

Principle photography is believed to have concluded this week on the sixth Harry Potter film, with minor filming still ongoing. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is due in theaters November 21, 2008.

Thanks for the link UHP!

49 Responses to British TV Presenter Talks Part in “Half-Blood Prince”

Avatar Image says:

People! I heard a rumor that the real teaser trailer will be relased on May19! I hope this is true.

1st comment?? yay.

Avatar Image says:

matea – what rumor?! Please tell me. =) Anyway, that’s cool that they did what he wanted. Haha ;D

Avatar Image says:

There will be no teaser trailer at this point…

Avatar Image says:

What makes you say that Carla? For all we know, there could be…

Avatar Image says:

COME ON! What’s taking the teaser trailer so long?! Twilight even got ahead of HBP.

Avatar Image says:

This lack of a teaser trailer is driving me insane! Why is there such a lack of HBP info?!!!

Avatar Image says:

@David K: Was that meant to be a COS film reference?

Avatar Image says:

Hahah Ben Shepherd! Good on him.

I’d love to be in Harry Potter, I’d probably request a big ginger wig & stand subtley close to the Weasleys :D

Avatar Image says:

Hmm…. I can’t say I particularly like Ben Shephard, but it’s nice to be getting some more HBP news – I was beginning to think that WB had forgotten about us!

I really hope you’re right there matea, but what film would it show before? I was so disappointed when we didn’t get our trailer yesterday…

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I’d love that too Linny… I’d get my 2 wishes granted: be a redhead, and be a Weasley.

That’d would be GREAT matea! Hope it’s true :D

And good on him, I can’t wait to see HBP!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve read it on youtube. theres one guy…he’s really in that HP trailer “business”. so I hope he’s not wrong.

Avatar Image says:

David K: There’s a rumour every week about the trailer and i’m getting sick of it. First was speed racer, then Narnia. What next??

Avatar Image says:

I like Ben Shepherd, he’s not egotistical like most presenters. I think the trailer may come around the time Indiana Jones 4 is out. I’m really glad it didnt come with something as crap as the Narnia series.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah I’m with you Miriam, I want it out with Indiana Jones, do the hype properly! Ben Shepard always does the Behind the Scenes things for the Harry Potter films in the UK, so it makes sense they finally gave him a part as an extra. I honestly can’t say how happy I am that WWW is in this. Woo Hoo!

Avatar Image says:

I think WB is brilliant – they’ve got the fans in such a twist. No news, no pics, no teaser…the anticipation is building! It’s great!

Seriously though, the teaser for OOTP came out a few weeks after the film wrapped. We don’t even know if HBP has wrapped yet. I’m betting that we’ll get a teaser in June.

I’m looking forward to early interviews.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I like Ben Shepard. It’s nice that he got a small part, he done a good behind the scenes segment for OotP last year.

Avatar Image says:

i can’t wait for the trailer too! and Miriam just because you don’t like the Narnia films doesn’t make them crap!

Avatar Image says:

Woo!! I’m so excited about them keeping the Weasley Wizard Wheezes scene. : )

Avatar Image says:

David Yates: Mr Heyman, The fans are getting aggressive waiting for some Teaser trailer. I dont know what to do, I just want to continue making this film without all this unnessary divertion. Sometimes i wonder if the fans just want a trailer and to hell with the movie.

David Heyman: I know what you mean. Well just have the first 20 seconds all in darkness with hedwigs theme playing. Then the next 10 seconds the title slowly reveals itself, then fade to black again with “Longer trailer coming soon”. And there’s your Teaser.

Avatar Image says:

Professor Potter, that made me LOL XD …but seriously a teaser like that would actually make me cry…!

Avatar Image says:

LOL Professor Potter! Unfortunately, that might just happen…the part of the fans are so excited for a trailer, they may not care about the movie! YAH, like THAT will ever happen! I remember the teaser for ‘Pirates of The Carribean: Curse Of The Black Pearl’...the first one was just the music and the ocean, with someone “walking” through the water…..eerie! The teaser MAY just be as you had Mr Heyman describe it! LOL. Not ideal, but it would be something?!

Avatar Image says:

LOL I agree Professor Potter! That is a plausible exchange! Maybe we’ll get a poster out of it, too! I remember ‘Pirates Of The Carribean: Curse of The Black Pearl’ teaser as just creepy music and ghostly things walking toward you under the water…..eeeeerie!

Avatar Image says:

Lol. Professor Potter, that was hilarious! And, sadly enough, probably true….about the trailer, anyway.

::sigh:: I’ve pretty much given up on there being a trailer sometime in the next few days.

Avatar Image says:

One question, does anyone know if the Diagon Alley set was recreated for HBP so they could do WWW and the trio spying on Malfoy? They need it for DH anyhow so it would make sense. I always wanted to see it again, the last time was in CoS!

Avatar Image says:

Ben Shephard’s name is mis-spelled in this post, which is spelled correctly in the linked article.

wow

Avatar Image says:

LOL at the Professor. Works for me!

Avatar Image says:

LOL at the Professor! Works for me!

Avatar Image says:

i cannot explain in size 12 font the extent of my dissapointment. when i heard that the tralier was gonna come out on may 16, i had a countdown calander. i waited for 50 long days for the 16 to come, and gosh darn it, may 16 comes but no tralier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is getting simply ridicoulous(sorry, i cant spell) i never was more into a HP movie than HBP and im fricking loosing my mind. i pray to God that rumor for the 19 to be true. and im sorry that i sound so mellowdramatic but nobody understands my addiction—except you hermioneg247. were still going to see Caspian on monday, tralier or not. anyway. sorry. i ramble when it comes to harry potter vive xe

Avatar Image says:

OMG i am jumping out of my skin waiting for the trailer!!! Once it finally comes out, i’m going to be satisfied for about three and a half weeks, then go back to the usual moping around and trying to wait for the MOVIE to come out. = ]

Avatar Image says:

Hehe, Professor Potter, that cracked me up! But yeah, I can’t say I’m not getting impatient for that trailer! Just a teensy-weensy glimpse, that’s all!

And we’re getting this bits of news pieces about minor character castings and other minor shooting bits, but nothing major! Come on WB! Don’t do this to us! And matea, I just hope what you’re saying is true!

Avatar Image says:

Hehe, Professor Potter, that cracked me up! But can’t deny that I’m not getting impatient for that trailer! matea, I do hope what you’re saying is true! We’re getting these bits of news about minor characters and stuff, but no major news!

Avatar Image says:

hmmm…lack of puberty?lol..anyway,he’s a nice chap..funny and really mad..hahhaa..it seems so!i enjoy his gmtv’s.. abt the teaser tr..seems like only a few cast have scenes to do..so h’fully we’ll get one real soon?!

Avatar Image says:

Logically, they’re about to wrap this Friday. As Leaky also confirms, there are minor scenes left to be shot so that’s why Bonnie wrapped shooting this Friday. Evanna wraps tomorrow. Dan will be filming all through this week as well as Rupert. Emma wrapped last week even though her schedule was to wrap on May 9 but she wrapped this Thursday.It’s quite interesting though to see the teaser trailer. I don’t want to see another quick 40-second thing with awfully cut and quick shots of the characters. But let’s see the facts…shooting wraps probably next week (or they’ll delay again as they did before) so I highly doubt that lots of scenes are ready with their CGI. Even Dumbledore’s Office, in HBP, is having blue screen for the windows around. Not to mention the Burrow or the Cave. So if we all want a teaser very soon then they’ll show bland footage with quick close-ups of the main characters and some short talks between the trio. Lol. It’s something obvious, I think.

Avatar Image says:

I really want to see the trailer, now!

yay I LOVE ben shepard

Avatar Image says:

May 19th, Dutch first preview showing/premiere of Indiana Jones 4 :O And i’m going.. better take my camera then..

Avatar Image says:

I really like Ben Shepherd and his OotP behind the scenes stuff was really good. I unfortunately only got the costume one recorded. I wish I’d got the sets one because the dvd extras were so pathetic.

Avatar Image says:

I saw Prince Caspian (it was a freakin’ awesome movie!!!) and there was no teaser trailer, but still Prince Caspain was AWESOME, but i was hoping for a trailer.

Avatar Image says:

I am with bebe, I love that WB is holding out on us this time. They gave out way to much with OOTP.

Peofessor Potter-I think your idea of a teaser trailer is great-it would really be the kick in the pants for all those fans who demand everything and then when they get it the complain about it any way.

Avatar Image says:

That made me giggle, Professer Potter. XD I love that the twins’ shop is in. That was an awesome chapter. _ does happy dance

Avatar Image says:

Woohoo! I happen to watch GMTV every morning and I like Ben Shepherd! I think someone might have already mentioned this but Ben presented the “Behind the Magic” thingy on ITV which was quite good. Now when I’m watching the film I’ll be looking out for a wee guy with sideburns and a cheeky moustache who looks familiarly like a man on the morning television…XD

I’ve been checking like, every few hours and still no teaser.

I know I sound sad but I know you’ve all been doing it too :P

But hopefully after we get it they’ll continue spoiling us because I lovee it when they do that!!

Avatar Image says:

Lol,we watched Ben Shepard in a maths video at school once.Now hes in HP.Times change!

Avatar Image says:

i love ben shepherd!!!! hes a good looking man aswel :) woo more HBP news pleaseee.. pictures would be nice WB

Avatar Image says:

this is well exiting cant wait til the trailor and film comes out, cant wait to see bens character well it will be interesting anyway ben with a bierd we shall see the final results and congrats by the way on gettin the part ibn HBP

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I’m so glad that the Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes scene made it into the script! I was concerned that we wouldn’t see the twins at all in HBP. So much gets cut from the films that it’s good to see that something is actually going to make it. Now, here’s hoping it makes the final edit!

Avatar Image says:

There definitely is a lack of HBP info! But come to think of it, all the movies after PoA took a while.

I think part of it is that there’s just less press because there’s less excitement. Not on TLC’s part, we’re obsessed enough to be excited by anything related to Harry Potter, but WB might not see a need to distribute stuff as readily anymore, and other sites might not either. The fact of the matter is, even in fandom I think, Harry’s beginning to be “old news”.

Twilight is the new big fad, so people are following every single detail intensely. There is a need to market it and talk about it and such. People already have an idea of what the set will be like, we already know most of the main cast… there’s nothing that new to squee over.

Just my thoughts, of course.

Avatar Image says:

YOU-NO-POO!!!!!!!!!!!! I presume it will exist in the film anyhoom. :)

Write a Reply or Comment