Live PotterCast Friday in Florida, with HP Actors

364

May 19, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Attention Florida residents, or those visiting the area: There will be a live PotterCast this friday featuring actors from the HP films as they attend Florida SuperCon, a comics/sci-fi/fantasy convention in Weston, Fl.

The podcast will take place at 4 p.m. on Friday, May 23, at the Hyatt Regency Bonaventure: The actors attending the con (who are all scheduled to be part of the podcast) are Devon Murray (Seamus Finnigan), Natalia Tena (Tonks), Stanislav Ianevski (Krum) and Oliver Phelps (George Weasley).

Attendees to the show need to have only purchased an admission to the conference (the PotterCast event itself is free); a single-day pass is $20, a weekend-long pass is $30. Tickets may be purchased here.

SuperCon will also have some extra Q&A activity (info on that coming in the next day or so) with the as well as autograph sessions with the actors.

John and I will host the show; we hope to see you to talk HBP and more – this is our first live show since last summer, so we hope to see you there!

77 Responses to Live PotterCast Friday in Florida, with HP Actors

Avatar Image says:

Everyone who’s going, have fun. Hey guys, make sure you clear up the Dumbledore’s funeral thing before the fandom has a heart attack.

Avatar Image says:

Will this Live podcast be 152 or 153?, because I’m waiting for the next now. Its normally out and ready by now.

Avatar Image says:

yeah, are you guys doing another this week?

Avatar Image says:

That’s going to be a sweet Pottercast. Unfortunately I am 3,000 miles away, so no hope of attending. I’m totally looking forward to listening in though.

Avatar Image says:

I’m so sad, I just found out by the Supercon forum that Stan will not be attending. His grandma passed away and he cancelled. I was looking foward to meeting him. I just hope the best for him.

Avatar Image says:

omg no i used to live in Weston crap not cool

Avatar Image says:

I’m so going to be on vacation down there during that time! I’m so going!

Avatar Image says:

Will we finally get some new info?

Avatar Image says:

Will we be able to listen live?

Avatar Image says:

WAHHHHH! Something else I can’t go to! Y’all have fun for me. BTW, What is the “Dumbledore’s Funeral Thing”, Mollywobble??? Just curious.

Avatar Image says:

I wish I could afford to go but I have two HP conferences, among other things, that I plan to do this year. Yet another reason why I hate living in Tennessee. Nothing interesting ever actually happen here.

Avatar Image says:

Wish I could be there, but glad we’ll get a live Pottercast. I’ve been away for awhile, so I too want to know what is this “Dumbledore’s funeral thing?”

Avatar Image says:

Ahahha, Pottercast AND Nat Tena? I’m gonna love that.

Avatar Image says:

So is it going to be aired on Leaky? I hope so i dont want to miss anything this juicy!

Live, Love, Harry Potter!

Avatar Image says:

Wish I could come. But I’m in a city 936 miles away, in another state. I also have a broken leg and with the price of airfare and my young age, 13, I just couldn’t go!!!!! I WISH I COULD GO!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yay live Pottercast! Is Sue not going to be there then?

For those that are asking, “Dumbledore’s Funeral thing” came about when I was talking to Nat Tena in England and I posted here that she said they were cutting Dumbledore’s funeral from movie six. We haven’t heard anything about this from Warner Bros or anyone else for that matter yet so I hope they bring it up when she’s on the show.

Avatar Image says:

Awesome!! I wish i could go!! But poor little me will be in Nashville for my cousins graduation… Oh well… cant wait to listen though!!!

Avatar Image says:

Anyone know of an avaliable portkey from Sweden to Florida on Friday? I’m willing to share it!

Seriously, I would love to be there, it sounds awsome! But alas, I must wait for the audio. Have fun recording it! :D

Avatar Image says:

what?? cut dumbledore’s funeral? you just can’t!

Avatar Image says:

I hope I can go, but with work and living 4 hours away from the place, to arrive there I’d have to ditch work and leave in the morning to go… idk… I mean the PotterCast crew rarely come to Fla. and having NAt Tena and some other actors there too! I’m weighing my options, and I really want to go, but it’s not looking very good right now. About the funeral scene: I am not sure at all about this, but they might have the stand-ins for the funeral and only have the real actors for the trio and a few other main characters in the scene… or it just may be cut altogether, OR even be in DH Part I at the beginning. Who knows how HBP will end? they all end in pretty different ways, so maybe this ends with DD dead at the foot of the tower or something… that’d leave us craving for more real badly.

Avatar Image says:

MadameSuede: If you manage to get that Portkey, can you connect it to California too? I’d love to join you. I absolutely hate where live…

I’ll be listening though… Can’t wait to hear if Oliver Phelps talks about loosing an ear…And a brother.

Avatar Image says:

I’m so excited that PotterCast is coming to Florida! I hope I can go! Thank you guys so much for having a show in Florida.

Avatar Image says:

Finally gonna meet you guys! :)

Avatar Image says:

So is this Pottercast 152 or 153?

Live Pottercasts are the best! Last summer was awesome because there was a new one almost every other day.

Avatar Image says:

YAY!! How exciting!! I’m driving about 700 miles to see you guys! I can’t wait!!

Avatar Image says:

So… I’ll have to catch this once i get back from a wedding… And I bet the teaser will be out then and everyone but me will have seen it. Ah, well.

Avatar Image says:

OI!!! i live only 4 hrs away, and i can’t drive yet… ughh!!

Avatar Image says:

Man, nothing happens on my area of the East Coast! Nothing!

Avatar Image says:

so wait question about supercon…. the actors attending (one of the phelp twins, Natalia Tena, Seamus Finnigan,etc) will sign autographs and photos on Friday or Saturday?

Avatar Image says:

i cant wait for the recording!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish i could go so bad!!! but alas, i am several states away!!!

Avatar Image says:

and another question… will the actors actress sign autographs during the Q&A session or during the photo sessions?

Avatar Image says:

WOW! Can we listen off the website????If we MAN! That would be soo cool!

Avatar Image says:

Ask about: Mundungus, Dobby, Dumbledore’s Funeral, Kreacher, The Dursley’s, The TRAILER, The attack on the burrow, and ASK NATALIA ABOUT THE WEDDING?

Avatar Image says:

Hurray!!! Melissa finally found South Florida. Hope there are enough tickets to go around! I’ll be there with bells on.. Erm, well, I’ll be there.

Woohoo! (Leaps in the air, clicks heels. Lands with crick in back)

OMT

Avatar Image says:

oh, oh, oh ASK THEM ABOUT SCRIMGEOUR!

Avatar Image says:

Ah. The Pottercast is BEFORE the SuperCom. ‘Tis good.

OMT

Avatar Image says:

they r going to kill the WHOLE ENTIRE movie if they don’t include one of the most emotional scenes in the book!!

DUMBLEDORE’S FUNERAL!! there is sooo much feelings like hermione/ron and the harry/ginny breakup

THEY HAVE TO INCLUDE IT!!

Avatar Image says:

Where is Weston Florida? I live in the Tampa area-on the west coast-never heard of Weston is it down by Miami? Oh well, can’t go anyway because gas is to much money to go driving around the state. :(

Avatar Image says:

Weston’s down by Ft. Lauderdale. I am determined to find a way to go down there for this. I’m supposed to be looking for a new house that day, but whatever – who needs a house when there’s so much HP deliciousness to be had?!? ;)

Avatar Image says:

This is going to be an awesome show. Some good insight on the next film.

Avatar Image says:

I need a time turner, some floo powder and then I can go :-( It’s so unfair! PotterCast is comming to FL and I can’t go! GRR! Why can’t I be a millionaire so I don’t have to work and I can attend the podcast!

Avatar Image says:

sad i cant go. :-( for once something extra awesome in south florida. disney day was awesome though.

Avatar Image says:

this sounds so cool, i wish i could go, but i live all the way in the west coast. i cant wait for the podcast though.

Avatar Image says:

Sounds like lots of fun but I’ll be on the other side of the world. Hope that Natalie Tena can clear up some of the off-hand comments she’s made about changes to HBP & DH – if she’s allowed. Very curious is the wedding in DH will be Tonks & Lupin vice Fleur & Bill.

Avatar Image says:

Well, I live in Africa, so I’ll have to pass on this one – but send my regards to Devon Murray. I think he’s terrific – reminds me of a cocky little bantam!

Avatar Image says:

I wish you folks would be clear whether this is an actual “live” podcast – broadcast streaming at the exact same time it is occurring – or whether it will be recorded and put on the site as normal. The word “live” is very confusing to some people. Namely, of course, me.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, everyone who’s going to be attending, you guys are so lucky! By the way,when’s this week’s PotterCast going to be out? It’s a bit late this week isn’t it?

Avatar Image says:

Is there going to be a new PC today then?

Avatar Image says:

I’m so excited no cool Potter stuff goes on here (not counting what is now being built in Orlando!) I’m soo gonna be there I think the podcasts are great and have been dying to see it live. Oh be still my nerdy heart I can’t wait till friday!

Avatar Image says:

Aah, I wish I could go!!! I hate living 3,000 miles when it comes to this. Oh well, I hope we’ll be able to listen to it! It should be great with Nat Tena there. She’s hilarious.

Anyway, still no news on that trailer??? I’m getting desperate…

Avatar Image says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I live right down the friggen road, and I’m leaving town tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Everyone have fun, sounds like it will be a blast. I will be going to see the Indiana Jones movie and going to a friends wedding shower, not to mention that I live several states aways and have no money.

Avatar Image says:

[probably adding to the general outcry] Felipe…What an oportunity! Something most of us would give their right arm [left leg and a kidney] for! PLEASE! You’re only 4 hours away…we need a “first hand” report! [ and you KNOW you want to!]

Avatar Image says:

Felipe…just Aparate! You live close enough!!!!! [you’re over 17, i’m sure you passed your test!] GO FOR IT!

Avatar Image says:

It’s just killing me that I’m going to be an hour away, in Florida on vacation, and not be able to go! My cousin’s wedding it taking place THAT DAY. Cruel timing, cruel, cruel timing….

Avatar Image says:

Will a new pottercast come out today?

Avatar Image says:

Sorry, no. In fact, PotterCast is ending. The live show will be the last episode we ever do.

WHAT!?

Avatar Image says:

I KNOW I didn’t read that correctly. That’s a joke….right??

Avatar Image says:

Pottercast ending, this Friday? Melissa, say it ain’t so!

Avatar Image says:

Now I wish I lived in Florida! XD I look forward to hearing this when its ready and done, I bet it’ll be fun. :)

Avatar Image says:

Whaaaaaat? you are kidding, no? Melissa?

Say it ain’t so!

Avatar Image says:

I am pretty sure that’s not the real Melissa and just someone’s idea of a very mean joke..!

Avatar Image says:

Guys, don’t worry, it’s not Melissa. The faux poster doesn’t have her avatar…There is no way it’s the last show. Though, I don’t appreciate that kind of spamming.

Avatar Image says:

I hope that none of you really believe it.

When our web mistress posts in comments I’ve usually see a picture of her with her posts, this “Melissa” doesn’t have a picture. This was a joke, a mean one and this “Melissa” is laughing at everyone’e reaction. It’s really mean and cruel and I hope there is a way to ban that IP address from the boards.

Avatar Image says:

I’m very very unhappy I won’t be able to attend this. Nat Tena is one of my favorite people in the movies, as is Oliver Phelps. Too bad James won’t be there, he’s always been my favorite (since he’s Fred!! XD). I’m very pumped for this episode. I’m getting the feeling it will be episode 152 though, which is kind of sad. I was hoping for one in between.

Avatar Image says:

WHAT!!!!!!!! WHY ISINT ANYTHING EVER IN CANADA anyway…have fun who ever is going …..

Avatar Image says:

Guys relax, that was not the real Melissa, Melissa always posts any replys to news comments with an avatar of a photo of herself, There is no way an announcement like the end of pottercast would be done in such a throwaway fashion. As for this Con, I would absolutly love to be there, and at portus and at terminus and even at leakycon, there is just one small obstacle I can’t quite over come. The Atlantic Ocean.

Avatar Image says:

I will be there! n___n Sadly though, Oliver had a scheduling conflict and will not be able to attend. Nor will Stanislav, due to the fact that his grandmother died recently and he is in mourning. >: Poor thing. But Devon and Tena will still be there. Along with Hug Mitchell (Colin Creevy), Danielle Tabor (Angelina Johnson), and David Decio (some random other Hogwarts student). I am psyched to meet Natalie!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m so upset! I live only 5 hours away in Jax, Florida! But I don’t want to go alone and NO ONE is free!!!! AHH!! I hope you guys have a blast! jealous :P

Avatar Image says:

Oliver without James…interesting! I think he’s the more outgoing one anyway, but they are friggin hilarious as a duo. I could not stop laughing when James, Oliver and Matt Lewis went to the Dragon Con Convention. They were utterly brilliant and very funny.

Avatar Image says:

UGH! I was in Weston 5 days ago!!!!!!! And I live in Colorado….I’m 11 and want that swedish portkey

That is so cool!

Has Leaky/Pottercast got any idea if the gang will be at Comic Con in San Diego? That’s the grand-daddy of media cons these days; I’ll be there will bells on. Well, not actually bells, but buttons on my lanyard: definately!

I’m pretty sure WB will have at least an extended trailer, and I’m hoping other extras, for HBP.

Avatar Image says:

I second Aughra’s question! I’m going to ‘Comic Con’ too, & I really, really hope they’ll have some ‘Harry Potter’ stuff going-on… It would be awesome if they did a live PotterCast at ‘Comic Con’!

Avatar Image says:

If PotterCast is ending, that was the real me. In other words, no. :)

Avatar Image says:

THANK GOD!!!! I never want PotterCast to end.

Avatar Image says:

Got my ticket! But my best HP friend can’t make it. So I’m gonna gloat to her about it later. Hah!

OMT