Scholastic Set to Publish 10th Anniversary Sorcerer’s Stone

115

May 20, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Harry Potter U.S. publisher Scholastic has announced plans today to release a special edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone on September 23 to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of its publication. The edition will feature new material from J.K. Rowling and new artwork from Mary Grandpré right here in our galleries.

The book will cost $30.00. There are currently 28 million copies of the original version of the book in print in the U.S., and 375 million copies of the books worldwide in 65 languages.

We don’t yet know what type of material J.K. Rowling will deliver for the book but will let you know as soon as we do; Mary GrandPré’s contribution is a new cover depicting Harry gazing into the Mirror of Erised, and a four-color frontispiece (the artwork inside the book that precedes the start of the narrative). The artist said:

“It’s a real treat for me to get another chance to visually bring Harry back to his fans in not only a new scene, but in a new light…Going back to draw the first cover for the anniversary edition was an opportunity for me to show another side of Harry… a vulnerable side. Having come to know and love Harry the way we all have, after experiencing the whole series, I think we can appreciate him even more on an emotional level.”

Scholastic’s full press release is here; you can also get a closeup look at the art on the site here.

102 Responses to Scholastic Set to Publish 10th Anniversary Sorcerer’s Stone

Avatar Image says:

10 years!! I can’t believe it’s been that long!!

Avatar Image says:

wow i can’t believe its been ten years!

This is SO exciting!

MN has the cover online already if anyone wants to see it before Melissa posts it.

Avatar Image says:

New Harry Potter material from JKR??? OK, I am drooling now.

Avatar Image says:

cool, gonna have to buy it on the internet and get it shipped over here

Avatar Image says:

Thoroughly delightful, the cover is as refined as the ones used for 4 through 7. One can only hope that books 2 & 3 get a similar treatment.

Have you noticed that books 2, 3 and 5 though 7 show a scene very near the climax of the book, whereas books 1 and 4 do not. This new cover keeps it that way.

My personal favorite would be 5, followed by 6 (US “normal” ed)

Avatar Image says:

ooh, back cover is pretty

Avatar Image says:

In case anyone didn’t notice, you can see blurry shapes of James and Lilly in the mirror above Harry’s head. I didn’t noticed them at first.

Avatar Image says:

It looks really nice! It probably only be published in English. It’s a shame they don’t publish it in the other languages. It would be a nice collector item

Avatar Image says:

Wow, I can’t believe it’s been 10 years already.

I love this new cover and the new inside artwork is gorgeous as well. I think I might have to break down and buy this book. :) I can’t wait!

Aw, I love it!

Avatar Image says:

Very cool, but I am going to stick with my original plan… Wait for the full seven book set to come out in paperback and buy the kids UK edition.

Avatar Image says:

wow this is brilliant cant believe its been 10 years all ready :)

Avatar Image says:

I have always loved Mary GrandPre’s artwork for these books – especially 4 through 7. I know exactly what she means about getting another chance to do book 1 after really getting to know Harry better. It’s beautiful and I love her depiction of Harry.

Avatar Image says:

Do we have any idea what the new material from JKR will be?

Avatar Image says:

sweet new cover i likes how harry is depicted and i love hagrid in the boat taking the first years across the lake to hogwarts on the back, I hope they do special edtions of the whole series.

Avatar Image says:

Very nice. A definite improvement over the original cover. I would still like to get a set of the Russian covers.

Avatar Image says:

I love the new cover, and I will definatly consider getting the book, no matter what content JK adds to it. Hopefully they will do 10th anniversary editions for all of the books!! What another great way to keep the excitement alive.

I am also awaiting the paperback release for DH from Rainforest. I broke down and purchased the others and can’t wait for the last one to arrive.

Boy, before you know it my whole bookshelf will be Harry Potter!

Avatar Image says:

God Bless Scholastic for milking this for all it’s worth…

The art work is Beautiful!!!

I’ll have to buy two copies (as usual) :-)

Avatar Image says:

I prefer the original cover of PS.

Avatar Image says:

That cover is so beautiful! Finally, Scholastic does something awesome fantasic coolness remarkable for book fans.

Totally buying it, even if its a little expensive. I’m pumped!

Avatar Image says:

I prefer the original cover of PS.

Avatar Image says:

Omg that is going to be amazing!! Art is awesome – I especially love the frame around the mirror – just how I imagined it!

I’d definitely buying this book as soon as it is released but alas I wish Bloomsbury loved the UK fans enough to make a British one =(

I too can’t believe it’s been 10 years!

I wonder how long it will be before they make special movie-edition book covers for the novels. Actually I really hope they do that because that would be great! Maybe in another 10 years….. I think I will let Blomsbury have my idea though ;)

Avatar Image says:

Isn’t it about time that the American edition was given the proper title? Having spent so much time there in the past few years i have discovered that you really are not as thick as Scholastic thought you were 10 years ago

Avatar Image says:

Yep, I’ll definitely be at ‘Barnes & Noble’ on September 23… New material from J.K. Rowling & New art from Mary GrandPré!? I can’t believe it’s been 10 years! That’s amazing!

Avatar Image says:

Damn them. This will be another 30 dollars. I can’t spend all my money on Harry Potter! I just can’t!

Avatar Image says:

10 years!!! omg…I think I’m going to cry…its like: peace,love and Harry Potter!!!

Oh I soooo want this

Avatar Image says:

That is amazing. I’m so buying it. :D This 11-year-old Harry is hot. But nowhere near as hot as DH Harry!

Avatar Image says:

OMG!! i cant believe i have completed 10 long years with harry!!!! Its like a big treat to us fans….. I am getting the book no matter i will be charged 30$ extra for shipping in india here. OMG i cried lily and james in that mirror scene …. back cover is more awesome!!!!! mellisa long time no posts from you !!! my dear whats wrong?

Avatar Image says:

I think we should have midnight release parties for these books :) Any new HP content from Jo is worth it.

me like :)

YAY!!!

Avatar Image says:

10 years! My god! I’ve still got my 1st copy of the book from like 1999 and I can’t wait to get this one. Now I’ll have 3 copies. My original paperback, newer hardback, and soon, the special edition! I can’t wait. I’m going to Borders straight away!

Avatar Image says:

I read my 1st copy 2 or 3 years after I got it though.

Avatar Image says:

Just as I thought…Scholastic is going to milk this thing until it’s dead…then they will sell us the remains for 49.99. Because basically this is all Scholastic has. Scholastic has been surported by Harry Potter! I don’t blame Scholastic…I blame JKR for wanting more money from us. You have more money then God, if you have something to add JKR put on your website for free, instead of making your fans pay 30.00 dollars for books they already own! Now she is just getting greedy!

Avatar Image says:

My family’s first copy of ‘Sorcerer’s Stone’ is really old, I finally bought myself a Hardback version…Because our old one was literally falling apart in my hands! I’m so excited though (Can ya tell? I already commented!)

Avatar Image says:

I’m definately like the art work I’m seeing at the moment. :) I can imagine the rest will be equally as good. I’ll be buying it online as soon as possible!

Avatar Image says:

YES! BEST THING EVER! I hope that this is one step closer the encyclopedia!

ahhhhh, be-a-u-tiful artwork!

Avatar Image says:

I think an anniversary edition is great. It’s a great opportunity for those to replace copies that have been read to the point of falling apart (like Ava), for those who have checked out the books from the library more times than they can count (like me), for those who are ready to start a new generation (and yes, that’s possible) out with HP, or for those who just want to celebrate 10 years of HP. Hmmmm, I think the 10th anniversary edition would make a lovely 30th birthday present, too…I’ll have to let my hubby know!

Avatar Image says:

(Sigh) KitKat: You just love causing trouble, don’t you?

Ha ha! Thanks, Sunflwr!*

Avatar Image says:

I speak the truth! By the way…You sound like one of those mothers who let their boyfriends beat the crap out of their kids and when the kids tell someone they say…...”You just love causing trouble” You should go on the Maury show!!!

Avatar Image says:

YAY!!!! OMG FREAKING OUT!!! Anything new about Harry Potter by Jo is amazing!!! Can’t wait that long!!!

Avatar Image says:

What’s up with the skull and the eyeball sitting on the self? I know the mirror is in an unused classroom, but a skull and eyeball are rather ominous items to be sitting around in a classroom…....

Avatar Image says:

I’m getting it for sure! I’ve been with this series since the very beginning and would love to own a reminder of the 10 years I’ve had with Harry!

Avatar Image says:

Wow!! I can’t believe it’s been ten years! I can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

Here is an idea! Go to you bookstore, read the sentence or two Rowling added. You know that the art work will be online somewhere! Save your money!

Avatar Image says:

I think we should all bow down to He/She-Who-Speaks-The-Truth!

Harry looks so young!

Avatar Image says:

10 years… how old have we got??!!?

I think I’ll just stick to my old one- We’ve been through a lot, that book and me. AND it’s SORT of original, because it’s the UK kid’s edition, BUT with Prof Quirrel on the back. Nowadays it’s only for sale with Dumbledore on the back…

Anyways. TEN years???!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, in my opinion this copy is geared more towards collectors and fans. It’s not meant as a replacement for the book you already have. But as a collector and a HUGE fan, I can’t help but pre-order it!

And I have a few guesses about what the “new Rowling material” might be. A nice preface seems pretty obvious but I really hope it will include her drawings that were shown at BBC’s “Harry Potter and me” documentary!

Avatar Image says:

Well, since I don’t live in the US I have only got the UK versions, and I’ve been really keen to get the set in US editions. This is perfect though, because it was mostly for this book that I wanted them. So in one blow I can get a US edition, get the book I actually wanted and get new artwork and info. It’s all good for me.

I am slowly replacing my copies anyway because they are falling apart. I want to keep those original ones special so I’m retiring them and using my new ones so the originals don’t completely die on me. This will just be a really special new one :D

Avatar Image says:

WOW….......... Teh years of harry potter. i am in a wierd place right now, somewhere between happy and sad, i think its a form of awe but i am not sure.

Beautiful cover art by they way. it really is Harry.

Live, Love, Harry Potter! Forever!

Avatar Image says:

That is awesome!!!!!!!! And the most awesome thing is that it comes out just in time for my birthday!!!!! GREAT!

Avatar Image says:

KitKat: You couldn’t think of an insult less mediocre than that? Because that was really lame…

Avatar Image says:

Thank you, Melissa! I haven’t looked at the Scholastic Press Release, yet…I hope there’s a US release date! It is so impossible to realize that ‘Sorcerer’s Stone’ is 10! How time flies!

Avatar Image says:

oh wow, this is so neat! i cant wait till it comes out. i hope they do 10 ear anniversary editions for all the other books aslo, that would be really neat

Avatar Image says:

awwww. this makes me happy. not like euphoria like the movies or picutres do, but happy in the way opening a harry potter book makes you feel. ya know? i think i might have to buy it. for some weird reason, i don’t have the book cover for SS or CoS!! i have no idea why! and it makes me sad! and i really love mary GrandPre. her artwork is just harry potter artwork. oh, and by the way, will mary grandpre draw new pictures for each chapter, or just have the same as the origonal copy? any ideas? vive xe

Avatar Image says:

It’s fantastic. The Mirror of Erised is my favorite chapter in Sorcerer’s/Philosopher’s Stone, if not the whole series. And I love the picture of Hagrid and all the first years in the boats with Hogwarts in the background. I can’t wait till we find out what extra content Jo puts in it! Wow. Ten years. It’s gone by so fast (and yet, so slow when we were awaiting the new books, especially Deathly Hallows). I’ll have to pre-order this.

Avatar Image says:

That cover is beautiful. I love Harry’s expression. I’m really excited about it.

@kitkat: You realize Scholastic isn’t making anyone buy it? People (That is to say most of us on Leaky and others) who care a lot about Harry Potter will buy it. And 10th anniversary editions (or other anniversaries) are very common practice for books and movies that are very successful. You shouldn’t be surprised that they’re doing it. And as for your comment:

“Just as I thought…Scholastic is going to milk this thing until it’s dead…then they will sell us the remains for 49.99. “

This gave me an image of them selling us “the remains” not for $49.99, but for a handful of magic beans. It’d be more beneficial for them anyways. A hen that lays golden eggs is much better than $49.99 from a handful of people.

“Because basically this is all Scholastic has. Scholastic has been surported by Harry Potter!”

That there is a bit of an insult to Scholastic. Scholastic is an extremely successful publisher, with or without Harry Potter.

” I don’t blame Scholastic…I blame JKR for wanting more money from us.”

Oh yeah, she is a crazy, greedy woman. It’s disgusting that she wants to donate what she earns from The Scottish Book to charity. Who does she think she is?

“You have more money then God”

Does she really have more money that God? I don’t recall him appearing on the 2008 Forbes Billionaire List.

“if you have something to add JKR put on your website for free, instead of making your fans pay 30.00 dollars for books they already own!”

Again. She’s not making anyone buy this book. Did you really think there would be no 10th anniversary edition. It’s not exploiting anyone; if you want something clearly made just for greed try the special editions of Eragon and Eldest. Quite frankly, there are plenty of people who would buy this book whether or not JKR put a single new word into it. I would, and I appreciate whatever she contributes, be it a foreword or anything else.

“Now she is just getting greedy!”

No comment.

(And sorry—I just kind of wanted to vent.)

@talor: Me too, only with Order of the Phoenix! They gray instead of the blue really messes up how my set looks.

Avatar Image says:

I am so in love with that artwork.

Avatar Image says:

I love the artwork but I wish there was more of Harry’s family in the back ground. It looks like she’s going off the movie by just including James and Lily . . . idk. I’ll buy it though :p. The artwork with Hagrid is really nice. Yay!

Avatar Image says:

Ammy: Learn to laugh a little in life, you might enjoy it more. I will give the 3 page article that said that Scolastic was a stuggling company until Rowling came around. It’s werid, she wants to help all the starving children, but she wants her fans to pay it. CUT A CHECK YOURSELF, AND UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE!!!! Ava: I was just trying to tell you what you sounded like.

Avatar Image says:

Why are ppl so upset, no one is forcing anyone to buy the book! Lots of authors/ publishing companies sell special editions. Look at the Twilight series, it hasn’t even ended and the publisher is already selling a special editon of the third book at the end of the month. Most fans seem supportive. It seems like a blanket statement to say that JKR/publisher are too reach so they can’t make more money, it’s a bussiness at the end of the day. These special editions extend to other industries as well, I mean look at the movie industry, you get a movie special edition almost every year.

Avatar Image says:

I meant to say ‘too rich’ in my last post. By the way for people who don’t want to pay $30 for the book, you can always borrow it from the library, I’m say they’ll be buying copies, or just go to your local wal-mart/book store and read it cuz it’s not that long a book and I’m sure what ever new materials included in the books will probably be up on the websites anyway!:P

Avatar Image says:

I’m so getting this, yesss! New content for the win! =D

Avatar Image says:

Excellent way to get back into that NYT best seller list : $30 – sheesh. Too many are rather cynical now about Ms Rowling to buy this to increase her wealth. I’ll stick to my battered SS of old, thanks.

Avatar Image says:

Ah, haters… the just can’t stand the fact that so many people love the Harry Potter books, can they? Whine all you want, but know that it will all be for nothing. This book will still sell tons because it’ll have great value to those who choose to buy it. And we still love HP after all these years, even though you don’t. Sorry!

Avatar Image says:

Some of you are incredibly sad. No one is forcing you to buy the book. Stop complaining and get a life!

Avatar Image says:

to the moderators: i’d suggest that the comment with the tag:

“Posted by kitkat on May 20, 2008 @ 04:41 PM”

ought to be deleted. it’s very rude, abrasive, and potentially upsetting for people who may be living through, or having had lived through a circumstance similar to what was written. just my opinion, but i thought i’d bring it to your attention.

Avatar Image says:

I hope they remove the Americanisms, and put back the British text.

Avatar Image says:

This makes me feel very old, I remember the world before Harry POtter.

Avatar Image says:

I remember when the 1st book came out, reviewers said that Rowling was the “next Roald Dahl”. Now, whenever an author is successful, they say that he(or she) is the “next J.K. Rowling”!

Avatar Image says:

always wondered why the name changeinthe US editionof PS/SS i have always assumed it was for copyright reasons of some sort would love to know the exact reason behind the name change

Avatar Image says:

Cool! I was waffling about buying hardbacks for books 1 and 2; now I think I’ll wait and see what’s new. The paperback should last for a few more readings between now and September! ;-)

Avatar Image says:

KitKat: Like I said in a previous post: I respect other’s opinion… But why, oh why do you enjoy to put-down (True) fans? It seems like you take so much pleasure in trying to stop people from doing what they want. If people want to go buy a $30:00 book (As I do) then that’s their prerogative, If people don’t want to buy a $30:00 book (Like you) you don’t have to… But it shouldn’t bother you if people want to do want they want, it’s their money, right? So let them do what they please. Buy the way: Do you really check JKR’s website & call yourself a fan?

Joeydetroit: “Thank you”. I also feel that that comment (Which was directed towards me) was very, very rude & offensive (Not to mention quite childish…) & “Thank you” to everyone who supports me!

That’s quite beautiful!

The only thing I wish they would do is release a US version with the original title. Oh well. Maybe for the 25th anniversary box set?

Avatar Image says:

Mary Granpre’s drawing of Harry on the new cover of HP/SS makes him look like a GIRL! I don’t think that she really reads the books. 1) In HP/HBP, she has Dumbledore’s right hand/wand hand as intact during the pensive scene, but that hand is described by JKR at the beginning of the book as withered, dead looking! 2) In HP/DH: why does she have Harry without HIS WAND facing Voldy in the curtains? Didn’t happen in the book. She put the curtains in to connect the last book with the first in the series… and what were the curtains doing on the cover of the first book anyway? Publishing the new books would have been a great time to have another illustrator. I would love to have JKR’s drawings!

Avatar Image says:

Im so pumped for it to come out. Does anyone think there will be any book parties for it?

Avatar Image says:

The illustration is just lovely, and so much more personal. I particularly like the skull in the background; it gives this scene with his parents a much darker meaning.

Avatar Image says:

Hope their going to do a midnight release.

Avatar Image says:

I too am excited to get this new edition of the first book, I wasn’t into harry when it had come out, so it’s my chance to buy it brand new. As to those expressing them selves about how much it is $30. You might want to take a look at the price of the original version, and you’ll see the new one actually isn’t that much more especially ten years later.

Avatar Image says:

@kitkat: I’m going to go point by point agin just because it’s easier, if you don’t mind. “Learn to laugh a little in life, you might enjoy it more.”

...Wait a second.  I don't need to learn to laugh.  You think I was being serious about the golden eggs or the Forbes list?  That was humor right there.

“I will give the 3 page article that said that Scolastic was a stuggling company until Rowling came around.”

Sure, give me the article. Scholastic is the largest children’s publisher in the world. Before Harry Potter it had things like Goosebumps and The Magic School Bus. As I understand it, they were doing very well without Harry Potter, but I’d still like to see the article. Maybe I’m seriously misguided.

” It’s werid, she wants to help all the starving children, but she wants her fans to pay it. CUT A CHECK YOURSELF, AND UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE!!!! “

That makes no sense. Her billion came from what she made off of Harry Potter. So no matter how you put it, it’s still coming from her fans pockets, by your logic. A fan paid money to buy the book. It’s not that fan’s money anymore. They spent the money. I believe she said (I don’t remember where) that the royalties from The Scottish Book would go to charity. By the time they’re royalties it’s her money, not her fans’.

Avatar Image says:

This is why i can’t stand Harry Potter fan websites. Because of people like Ammy. Just because Kitkat said she didn’t agree with you, you tease her. SHAME ON YOU!!!She may not have respect, but neither do you!!! She is prefect intitled to state how she feels.

Avatar Image says:

Listen everybody ammy michelle please we must not fight…. Dumbledore and sorting hat warned us we must be united and must not fight…...Ron had to suffer for fighting remember in silver Doe?????

Let the haters post their comments dont pay any attention to them once they realize that no one gives them a damn they would sign off immediately…...

Avatar Image says:

Michelle,this is just how I feel so please don’t tease me but if you ‘hate harry potter fansites’ I’d suggest avoiding them(it’d be much healthier).I like to reserve feelings of hate for more important things,mass murderers for example.

Avatar Image says:

I apologise to Michelle for the misquote – please replace ‘hate’ with ‘can’t stand’.

Avatar Image says:

What? I am just tried of the lack of respect that goes on here.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t even bother trying to address trolls any more. No matter what I say, they win because their only goal is to provoke a reaction in the first place.

Instead of responding, just treat them like a boggart: laugh and say “Riddikulus!”

Avatar Image says:

I just want to mention something about Scholastic. I run the bookfairs at my children’s school – we do 2 or 3 a year – and at least one of them is always a Scholastic book fair. Why? Because they have such a huge selection, inexpensive books, and are very generous. They are very good at tailoring our fairs to what people in our community want (more novels, classics, reference, less Nick Jr. t.v. show novels, although we do take some of those because some kids actually start to like reading with those books). They give us so many free book incentives it’s ridiculous. The PTO in our school gives away many books to the children who can’t afford them, and Scholastic’s book fair program is such that we can afford to do this. We really can’t do it with the other book fairs. So, no, I don’t think they are greedy. They are a huge company, their purpose is of course to make money, but they are great to work with.

Avatar Image says:

One more thing – “s”, Harry doesn’t look like a girl in that drawing. He looks like a sweet, little boy. Having my own sweet (sometimes), little boy of around the same age (a bit younger), I can tell you that their features still often look softer, especially when in a somber or sad mood.

Avatar Image says:

I think eveyone needs to stop fighting! I’m glad that I am such a peaceful person. Kitkat out!

Avatar Image says:

@Michelle The problem is your request for respect only kicks in to defend certain views – usually JKR bashing(remember Ethan). Respecting peoples right to express a view doesn’t mean you have to respect the view itself.Have a good day.

Avatar Image says:

man why dont they change it back to Philosopher’s stone! This is a chance for them to do that. The only reason Rowling agreed to have it changed to Sorcerer’ is because she wanted to get the book published in the US and was unsure so she said yes. But theyshould change it bak! My sister got into the books from her British friend (and my Dad lives in London) so she got the originaly in England and I read those. Philosopher’s stone makes so much more sense! It’s also like not Rowling who made it up but it’s what they called it in alchemy in medieval times. I wis they had change it back. But I guess people are already used to their versions.

Avatar Image says:

Ok next time I post, I am reading the other posts first. Din’t mean to ad fuel to the fire. My Philospher’s Stone complaint was a suggestion and a wish for all Americans to read her original words

Avatar Image says:

Yes Miles. I seconded that on page 5. Same title and use the British text too.

Avatar Image says:

It’s o.k. EmilyWeasley, I think a good many American readers agree with you. I am tired of the American publishers thinking they have to change things for young Americans, they can handle it – especially the readers, they are more worldly than people think. Also, they kept words such as “jumper” (for sweater) and “trainer” (for sneaker) that most Americans probably have never used (here, a jumper is a sleveless dress that you usually wear another shirt under – imagine the confusion!). So why change the title? It’s not like we use the word sorcerer much in our daily conversation anyway!

Avatar Image says:

One more thing, “Suzy”: If you took the drawing of” Harry” from the new book and obscured any reference to HP, I’ll bet that most people would think it was a drawing of a girl. And another thing: where is his scar? Oops, guess she forgot that! There is still a difference in the facial construction of a preteen male vs a preteen female. Look at Daniel. He was a young boy when he began filming SS, but still recognizable as a boy, not a girl, and he has matured to late teen male/early adult facial features. If this illustration had been on the first book, I doubt that many boys would have picked up the book, and that would have been a disaster to the series. And another thing, “Susy” you ignored my statements about other inaccuracies in Ms. Granpre’s illustrations. I don’t think that she reads the books carefully enough. I would much rather have JKR’s illustrations, as would probably many other fans. Granpre also has the same style of lillustration no matter the content of the book. She draws what she wants, not necessarily what fits the story. Or perhaps she isn’t capable of drawing in more than one style. I guess that she is lucky that she was hired to illustrate the first book and they kept her on out of habit. Scholastic had no idea that they had such a blockbuster series when they began so they probably hired the cheapest illustrator they could find. The first time I picked up HP/SS I thought the cover was an odd group of images, but the first paragraph of the story written by JKR was what hooked me and prompted me to take it home.

Avatar Image says:

If it were to come out one day sooner it’d come out on my sweet sixteen..that’d be SOO cool, but it’s not dang it!!

Avatar Image says:

@S: Everyone makes mistakes? I don’t consider that enough to indicate that she doesn’t read the books carefully, merely little slip ups. And as for the scar, it’s there. I think it’s mostly cover by his hair. Harry might look a bit feminine in the illustration, but I personally don’t think he looks like a girl. If anything, he kind of resembles Christopher Robin Milne (A.A. Milne’s son, and the original Christopher Robin) .

@Michelle: Sorry if my comments offended you or anyone else. I wasn’t trying to tease kitkat or anything like that. I was sarcastic, and rather to the point with my opinions. Upon rereading what I said, I kind of get what you’re saying. I didn’t articulate my opinion in the best way possible so it might be interpreted as teasing. I’m sorry. I never once implied that kitkat couldn’t have her own opinion.

My main problem with what you’re saying is that you’re targeting me, as if I’m the only one in the wrong (I realize you mentioned that she may not have been completely respectful either). You don’t say “Shame on both of you.” You say “Shame on you.” Shame on me. You make it seem as if I don’t want to let her exercise freedom of speech. That completely not the case. Both parties here were wrong. I’m perfectly fine with getting a scolding, so long as the fact that kitkat was out of line too.

I repeat, I am very sorry if anyone was hurt or offended by what I said.

@kitkat: You need to take responsibility for your actions. Acting like some kind of innocent victim is ridiculous. It’s really not that hard to take responsibility and apologize. No one (And by no one, I’m only referring to kitkat and myself) was acting completely properly.

Write a Reply or Comment