PotterCast 152: Pouf Souffle!

364

May 22, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Tonight we have for you the 152nd episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast. First in the news, Sue gives us updates on the elusive “Half-Blood Prince” trailer, new HBP set reports, recently released photos of Lucius Malfoy, our little Main Page redesign, and Jo’s win as Author of the Year from the Children’s Book Awards. Up next, a new Phoenix Files tackles the moments after the DA lessons on casting a patronus to the scenes prior to the big Ministry battle in the “Order of the Phoenix” film. As part of this extended segment, the PotterCasters discuss the patronus charm, the Room of Requirement, Grawp, and Harry’s Occlumency lessons. Our Scribby5 Ladies are here once again to then discuss a new essay called “Chaucer, J.K. Rowling, and All of Us” by author Fidelia from their 24th issue. Finally, the PotterCast quartet wraps it up bringing you an Acting Troupe update, news on an upcoming live episode with a few actors from Harry Potter, and a possible PotterCast tour! To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Pouf Souffle!”

- No Trailer! Boo!
- Leaky has a new look!
- It’s patronus time!
- The Grawp special effects.
- Fidelia shows the numerous parallels between Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales and the Harry Potter series.
- Acting troupe update!
- Live PotterCast in Florida with Harry Potter actors!

RT: 53:34

Editors: Jeff Gregory, Samantha McManus, and Andrew Garner

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (31 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (6 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

26 Responses to PotterCast 152: Pouf Souffle!

Bloody ‘ell!

Avatar Image says:

i just finished downloading it, can’t wait to listen

Avatar Image says:

when my zune marketplace started downloading a pottercast i was like, “wtf, y’all. take a breather.” haha but whatever.

sweet

Listening now! Awesomeness.

Avatar Image says:

Great Pottercast, as always! I agree about the 5th movie comment about breaking down the wall. If it was that easy, then a Death Eater could just walk in and smash apart a wall. If Umbridge could do it, why couldn’t they.

Avatar Image says:

It’s not on iTunes for me yet!

Avatar Image says:

@LeakyParker: Does it work if you right-click on PotterCast in your list of podcasts in iTunes, and select “Update Podcast”? I’m no iTunes expert, but I think that might make it come up for you.

Avatar Image says:

Finally caught up! I’ve been without a computer while I moved (twice!) I started downloading around episode #40 ...listening to #152 now! I love you guys!! You keep me sane at work on all my breaks!

Avatar Image says:

What is sues news about the trailer?

Avatar Image says:

Yes! Finally!! I was waiting the entire week!

Avatar Image says:

Yay! Its finally here! Can’t wait to hear it!

Avatar Image says:

why they talk about snape sayig “i may vomit” that wasnt at seeing harry’s mom and dad, it was seeing harry and sirius hugging

Avatar Image says:

yay I’m so excited to listen to it!

Avatar Image says:

What does Sue say about the trailer?

Avatar Image says:

Was it just me or did the kind of microphones they use this time get really loud and sound a lot different? They weren’t the same ones that they’ve used. Idk, maybe they were somewhere different…and yeahI know emily i thought that as well, i thought for sure someone would say something about it but never did.

BUT LOOKS LIKE BIG NEWS THIS WEEK! Since they wouldn’t tell us in the podcast, be on the look out I suppose.

Avatar Image says:

By Pouf Souffle do they mean Poufsouffle, French for Hufflepuff or Pouf French for cusion and Souffle French for breathe? lol random but i was wondering. I cant listen, my speakers are broken :’(

Avatar Image says:

John, Sue says it seems to have been delayed. No real reason, except for all the “big” movies that are coming out, in the next two weeks. It also may be that they are just a little delayed….

Avatar Image says:

Emma Watson’s site says filming for HBP finished on Saturday.

Its Poufsouffle, not Poufsoufflé !! lol

Avatar Image says:

where can i find the review of the set? I was listen to podcast and they were saying a “normal” fan got to visit the set and wrote a great description of it, and i would love to read it?

Avatar Image says:

Dianna, they’re in the forums…here’s a link to it though. Just scroll down til you see the long black text.

Avatar Image says:

It’s pronounced “Poof-souff-le”! Not poufsoufflé! I love you guys but you’re slaughtering the language, lol.

Avatar Image says:

Ahh… I remember reading ‘Order Of The Phoenix’ for the first time: I wanted to throw it out the window, I really, really can’t stand Umbridge…. Also: What are ‘Phoenix Files’? I’ve only just started & finished the whole ‘Harry Potter’ series, & I’m not sure…

Avatar Image says:

I thought it was pronounced POOF-SOOF. Like souffle as in breath- pronounced soof? You know as in the famous new wave film A Bout de Souffle (Breathless) by Jean-Luc Godard. (I’m a film studies student that’s the only reason I’m acting like a pompous twat- I don’t actually speak French) Plus Hufflepuff kinda sounds like you’re breathing weird! So in my head it would make a good translation… I really don’t think it’s like a cake

Avatar Image says:

In Harry Potter a L’Ecole des Sorciers one gets to discover all sorts of wonderful translations for various wizarding world words.

Poufsouffle = Hufflepuff Serpentard = Slytherin Poulard = Hogwarts Serdaigle = Ravenclaw Chocogrenouille = chocolate frog Argus Rusard=Filch Moldus = muggles Professeur Rogue = Snape Drago Malefoy = Draco Neville Londubat, Tu Sais Qui, and so forth. My favorite is Harry and the others using les baguettes magique.

Write a Reply or Comment