Happy Birthday, Jim Broadbent

120

May 24, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Happy Birthday wishes go out to actor Jim Broadbent who celebrates his 59th birthday today. Mr. Broadbent is set to appear as Horace Slughorn in the upcoming “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” film. Happy Birthday, Jim! Cheers!

29 Responses to Happy Birthday, Jim Broadbent

Avatar Image says:

Happy Birthday Professor!!! I just hope (and I’m almost certain) that you’ll be a great Slughorn!!!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG! My dear Jim! Happy birthday!!!!! I loved you in Moulin Rouge,thats like the best film ever! when I heard that you’ll be in Harry Potter I was the happiest person on Earth. and yes-he’ll be brilliant as prof. Slughorn,I think its not really hard part to play,and Jim is fantastic actor. cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

This is definatly the Slughorn I had in my mind! Happy Birthday!

Avatar Image says:

Crystallized pineapple for all!

Avatar Image says:

Cheers and Crystalized Pinapple all ‘round! Mr Broadbent, many happy returns of the Day! And many, many more! ;D

Avatar Image says:

Happy Birthday! Moulin Rouge is like the best movie ever-except Harry Potter of cause! And he can sing…

Avatar Image says:

Happy B-Day! I loved him in Moulin Rouge!

Avatar Image says:

Happy Birthday Mr. Broadbent! I’m sure you’ll be a terrific Slughorn!

Avatar Image says:

Just saw him in Indy 4. Can’t wait to see him as Slughorn! :)

Avatar Image says:

He had a cameo in the new Indiana Jones movie and whenever he was onscreen I couldn’t stop imagining what he’ll be like as Slughorn! Can’t wait for HBP.

Happy birthday, Jim!

Happy birthday, Jim!

Avatar Image says:

Happy Birthday, they couldn’t find someone better to take on Slughorn… seein as it’s his birthday, do you think there’s any chance WB will celebrate by givin us a picture…? (I’m clinging to anything now)

Avatar Image says:

Both John Hurt and Jim Broadbent were awesome in their huge parts in the new “Indiana Jones” movie (not sure where the previous reader came up with “cameo” part?) Both of these actors are first rate in everything they do and will be amazing in the upcoming Harry Potter roles. I gotta say, could anyone have performed the role of “Ollivander” any better than John Hurt in the first movie! That was one scene that just could not have been done better by anyone, thanks to the acting and directing. And Broadbent as Slughorn may leave me feeling the same way if David Yates doesn’t screw it up.

Avatar Image says:

Happy Birthday Mr.Broadbent can’t wait to see you as Prof. Horace Slughorn Potions master and lover of candied Pineapple :)

Because you CANCANCAN!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Both he and Olivander (John Hurt) are in Indy 4…in case any of you wish to see them.

Avatar Image says:

Just got back from Indy 4. I couldn’t stop thinking about Jim as Slughorn!

Cheers!

Avatar Image says:

Barb, honestly, he was barely in Indy 4 so to me his role was a cameo. It was nowhere near a huge part. He told Indy he was fired and he resigned and I remember him in the audience at the wedding. That’s about it. Hardly a huge role, but he was brilliant nonetheless.

Avatar Image says:

Happy Birthday Jim Broadbent :-)

Avatar Image says:

happy birthday jim :):):):):):):)

Avatar Image says:

Happy Birthday, Jim Broadbent!

I recently saw him in the film, So When Did You Last See Your Father?, with Colin Firth and Juliet Stevenson. He was just wonderful in the role of the dying father.

Can’t wait to see his Prof. Slughorn. :)

Avatar Image says:

happy b-lated birthday! I cannot wait to see Horace Slughorn. We are all dying for pics of him and the rest of the cast. We just want some pics to think of it. But hope you had a wonderful day and cant wait to see you as Slughorn.

Avatar Image says:

If anyone saw Jim as the village police chief in Hot Fuzz, his character early in the film instantly made me say that he was the perfect guy for Slughorn. And lo and behold he was eventually cast as such. I’d like to think I had something to do with that.

Avatar Image says:

Happy Birthday. I can’t wait to see how you did in your part.

Avatar Image says:

WOAH he’s 59?? I didn’t realise he was that old. A happy belated birthday from me to Jim and I am really looking forward to seeing him in HBP as he was just about the only good thing in the new Indiana Jones movie. Happy birthday Jim!

Avatar Image says:

And don’t forget his part in Hot Fuzz! Happy Birthday Jim!

Avatar Image says:

happy to you .(((((((.may you have many more

Avatar Image says:

I have complete faith in your acting ability and can’t wait to see the 6th movie! With you as a slug, it promises to be better than ever! (I would send you some pinapple, but I don’t know if you like it yet…) HAPPY BIRTHDAY PROFFESSOR SLUGHORN! MAY YOU BE PROTECTED FROM DEATH EATERS (the filthy, nasty devils) ALL YOUR DAYS!

Avatar Imagelunaspec_gimmy says: A belated Happy Birthday! :)

Write a Reply or Comment