PotterCast 153: SuperCon Florida Show

364

May 27, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The 153rd edition of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is online today with an episode from Florida at the past weekend’s SuperCon Fan Convention in Fort Lauderdale. We have a treat for you in this episode as PotterCast was asked by the folks from the Florida SuperCon to interview actors from the Harry Potter series who appeared at the event. John and Melissa sit down with actors Natalia Tena (Tonks), Devon Murray (Seamus Finnigan), Hugh Mitchell (Colin Creevey), and Danielle Tabor (Angelina Johnson) who share with us their experiences working on the films, thoughts on their costars, opinions on how their stories wrap up, and much more. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“SuperCon Florida Show”

-Melissa and John interview Potter actors Natalia Tena (Tonks), Devon Murray (Seamus), Hugh Mitchell (Colin Creevey), and Danielle Tabor (Angelina Johnson).
- Hugh and Colin are all grown up!
- Natalia speaks of Tonks’ relationship with the ‘Wolf Dude.’
- Devon explains how Seamus is “still up to his old tricks of being a stupid little wizard and havin a bit of fun.”
- Danielle is not too bothered Angelina ends up with George.
- Colin vs Nigel?
- Buckbeak is ‘SO Random.’
- What house would you be in? Who’s your favorite actor to work with?
- What’s the feeling been like on set as the end of the series nears?
- Brenden Gleeson is fun to hug.
- The Phelps twins are not telepathic in real life.

RT: 35:57

Editors: John Noe and Jeff Gregory

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008
Florida SuperCon 2008

Direct download (17 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (5 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

60 Responses to PotterCast 153: SuperCon Florida Show

Avatar Image says:

So . . . I don’t see the podcast on iTunes, in fact my subscription says invalid URL. What happened? Where is it?

Avatar Image says:

Cool, I can’t wait to listen!

Avatar Image says:

And shouldn’t “LIVE” mean live streaming audio as the event is happening?!

Avatar Image says:

oohh this is so cool!!! i’m listening right now!! you guys rock!!!

Avatar Image says:

Nevermind. I jumped the gun, seems the iTunes subscription is working now, must of got the error at the same time you were adding to the show. And you don’t mention “live” in the posting here. I guess I just got my hopes up from last weeks podcast that it would actually be live. Didn’t mean to sound so nasty.

Keep up the great work, now I’m off to listen to the shiny new podcast.

Avatar Image says:

yay downloading right now from zune, yay!

Avatar Image says:

@ JR: I think it’s pretty standard to use the name “live show” for a radio episode recorded in front of a live audience (rather than in a studio), even if the show isn’t actually broadcast live. For example, the weekly radio show “Wait, Wait… Don’t Tell Me!” always talks about how you can “attend one of our live shows,” even though the recordings of those shows undergo a few days of editing before broadcast.

Avatar Image says:

um so the itunes is not working for me. the podcast Supercon Florida Show hasnt appeared on the list of other pottercast episodes. Help somebody!

Avatar Image says:

the podcast isnt on itunes:(

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I love Natalia Tena and Devon Murray. They’re both so funny, Natalia with her “hot men” and Devon with his “Buckbeak is so random!”

Avatar Image says:

This was a great show! I had so much fun, Nat had me in hysterics. It was really great meeting Melissa and John. I hope to see you on your tour later this summer. Cheers, Michelle :)

Avatar Image says:

lol, I think Tena (Tonks) meant she hopes theres a battle scene showing herself die in, not a battle in general…

Avatar Image says:

what happened with the twins? weren’t they supposed to be interviewed too? either way im still excited to listen

Avatar Image says:

Oliver Phelps was called back to filming.

Avatar Image says:

Dang. My iPod just broke.

Avatar Image says:

Natalia is my new favourite harry potter actor.

Avatar Image says:

Natalia was the coolest person at the convention! I went there all three days and I visited her both days she was signing, and she is just so sweet and hilarious. My friend and I got her coffee haha. I also told her that I saw her live on pottercast and she asked me all about what it is exactly. I think you guys may have a new fan because she said it was awesome and she may start listening!

listening right now. wooot <3

Avatar Image says:

can’t wait to listen to this oneee.

i can ride my bike with no handlebars. (:

Avatar Image says:

What was the question near the end that the girl who played Angelina responded with something about telepathy and Devon said something witty along the same lines? I’m thinking it was about the trio, but I’m not sure. The questions that were yelled were warped sounding.

Avatar Image says:

I enjoyed the discussion with the actors. I’ve not listened much lately as I’ve just not been as interested. I wish we could go back to talking about the movies, and really in depth discussion about the elements of the books. I miss the serious discussions. I understand that CCs is gone, but could we go back to in depth literary discussions?

Mick

Avatar Image says:

I was there, it was so much fun. Everyone is super nice. Danielle is so sweet, I was able to talk to her for the longest time when she was signing autographs at her table. Natalia Tena is so freakin amazing, she’s hilarious and climbed over a table so that me and a friend could get a picture.

Avatar Image says:

Awesome listening now! Pottercast is awesome!

Avatar Image says:

mollywobbles23…..i’m pretty sure it was something to do with the phelps twins. because danielle had just told her story about them. it was probably a question about did they have esp or something similar. because she says “none of them seemed kind of telepathic with each other” when she says none though, that kind of makes me waver, but it’s the most logical.

great episode guys.

Avatar Image says:

Yayz. More PotterCast. Fun fun fun. Can’t wait to listen.

Avatar Image says:

The question was whether the twins finish each others sentences, that’s why Danielle was like they aren’t telepathic and Devon said he might not have noticed if they do.

So Short!

Avatar Image says:

When they are talking about where to split the Deathly Hallows movie, about 24 minutes in, was that Steve Vander Ark? It sure sounded like him. I’m sure it’s not, but the initial sound of that guys voice took me right back to those Canon Conundrums.

Avatar Image says:

Just asking, is the Potter 34 minutes and 57 seconds long, because that’s what my I-Tunes is showing. It’s pretty short this week, but can’t wait to listen!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, when Hugh started speaking you really wonder what happened. From that high voice to that low voice :) I’m playing the game also in my free time and several times hit people with benches. It’s quite funny. I wonder what they will do for the HBP-game. Because there isn’t really a clear goal in the book except finding Tom’s memories and eventually the cave and the death scene.

Avatar Image says:

Natalia, whenever I listen to her always seems to moan about her bloody part!!

If she don’t like what they give her to do, why did she accept the role in the first place. She’s too full of herself for my liking, she should be grateful.

Can’t stand the girl I’m afraid.

I’m with you, Mick!

Avatar Image says:

pity it was short but i toyally loved it!!!! all of them seem soooo nice….and funny!!!!

Avatar Image says:

@ Scizzy I am wounded to the quick! Argh! The pain of being compared to SVA! Excruciating!

No, ‘Twas I, Old Mr. Toad, A simple muggle fan of HP, JKR and TLC. I was honored to be able to express my totally unoriginal thoughts to the world.

(sigh, goes into deep depression over comparison)

OMT

Avatar Image says:

I just love listening to Devon. Love that Irish accent and he’s so funny!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Steffy, I’m pretty sure I was that friend ;) No, but seriously, Natalia is awesome as well as the rest of them. And it was great to finally meet John and Melissa in person :)

Avatar Image says:

It was good to hear it but, I feel like I didn’t learn anything new, if you know what I mean… They work or worked in these movies, but it’s like they don’t know much about them…

But thanks for the work!

Avatar Image says:

hangs head in shame Sorry OMT! Thanks for clearing that up! You guys have a similar delivery and tone in voice. At least I thought so on the initial listen. Very glad to be wrong on this one. And cheers to you for getting a comment in on the panel and to be immortalized in Pottercastdom!

Avatar Image says:

You have to remember Angellica that they can’t really talk about the new film. We still don’t even have the trailer. It was great just to meet them and get to know them as people. I just realized I sound totally different on the microphone than in person and in my filks…haha bizarre

Avatar Image says:

HermyG13, but that’s not what I mean. ;) I know actors can not say much about what happens in the movie. Actually, even if they couldn, they couldn’t have said much about it because they just know what happens in the scenes they were involved, Or at least that what I undestood. What I mean is they don’t seem to know much about the movies in general, not only about the next one to be released. I guess I’m not explaining myself very well, sorry.

Obviouly, for the people who went there and saw them in person was a totally different experience, so I’m happy for you all. :)

Avatar Image says:

Ok, now I see what you’re trying to say. :) I think Devon knows what he’s talking about mostly though…Nat has only been in two now, with limited screen-time and she’s a lot like her character in real life, trust me. When she did this Q&A a day later, quite a few people pointed it out….and Danielle and Hugh aren’t in them anymore, unfortunately. What I’m worried about is when I talked to Devon one-on-one, he said they had changed a lot for movie 6, as did Nat. Now, what exactly that means, I suppose we will find out soon enough. No funeral? Attack on the Burrow? Steve Kloves sigh

Avatar Image says:

Yes! I just finished listening… Hugh Mitchell (Colin Creevey) sounds so grown-up! I found a picture of him on Google, it’s so weird to see him! PotterCast: Please, please come to ‘Comic-Con’ in San Diego. I’m going there & I want to see a live show so bad it!

Avatar Image says:

Finally! I’m glad that we can finally listen to this but I agree when people say it’s short. Just how much of Natalia’s swearing did they edit out?!?

finally! i’m listening now

Avatar Image says:

that was so funny. “What house do you think you’d be in?” “Ummm, Slytherine. Ya. Definitely Slytherine.” lol

Avatar Image says:

Are there any pictures anywhere (of the actors at the convention, that is)?

Avatar Image says:

OMT, I too thought, for a split second, that you were SVA – but quickly dismissed that theory! I liked your question though!

Wish I could’ve been there, but I’ll be there in 2010 for the HPfan con, and I’ll be at Leakycon… sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Avatar Image says:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!! Nat is the best!!!!!! I love her sooooooooooo much - Since she start to play in Potter’s films, i think she is the best actor there…after these interview, i wanna make a fanclub to her… Guys…can you write these interview to us? Is better to understand what they’re talking, because…ahn…my english is not pretty good, I’m brazilian guys! Help me please! Kisses

Avatar Image says:

Well, I expect WB would soup up the ending to give some suspense to what was coming. Maybe end with the horcrux’s inuendo completely inflaming Ron, and we fade to black as, with fire in his eyes, he swings Gryfindor’s Sword at… What? Harry? The horcrux? Snape? The Silver Doe? Tune in to the next installment to find out if Harry’s been decapitated!

But truthfully right there might be a bit of a lame place to break. A reasonable place, but not too exciting.

That’s why I’m a retired muggle, and the folks a WB make the big bux.

And Scizzy, I’ve recovered from my depression.

OMT

Avatar Image says:

Oh I could listen over and over just to Devon’s accent!! Oh im afraid they will change too much. If they have said it , they were there and oh im sure its going to be just full of crap that doesnt exist! Steve Kloves is a worthless writer…sorry i cant stand him!

Avatar Image says:

Thay was sooooooo funny! They really don’t know anything about HP!...but never the less…HILARIOUS!

Avatar Image says:

Pomona, I have pix up, but they’re on my facebook from this event and from meeting them personally the day after.

Besides a time when Nat cussed, they edited out a part when somebody asked them if they knew what anime was…it was priceless, their responses (and what Nat told me Devon whispered to her as a joke about it)

Avatar Image says:

it’s kind of frustrating that they don’t know much about harry potter, but meh. nat is hilarious nonetheless.

Avatar Image says:

Nat Tena is awesome, I wish I could see more of her work. The “stupid little wizard” is cool too. And original Angelina!! I love how she said she was the FIRST ahahah.

THAT WAS HILARIOUS! rofl

Avatar Image says:

I have realized what a huge HP geek I really am after listening to this group. It was fun, they seemed to enjoy themselves and have a good time. But it was obvious that their acting in HP is a job and it isn’t that they are IN to their roles per say. Stuff about their speculations about the story plot or evaluations of characters was all pretty much met with “yeah.. I dunno… I never thought about it really…” A bit disappointing, in a way.

Avatar Image says:

Great … by the by Seamus Finnigan’s patronus is a Fox mentioned in DH.

Avatar Image says:

all of them are so awesome=))))

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, after meeting them it was definitely evident that they leave the encyclopedic HP knowledge to us (and Evanna). I will say though, these guys were SO nice and it was a pleasure talking with them about non-harry potter stuff. I hope they will do more events in the future. :)

Avatar Image says:

I love the sound of Hugh Mitchell’s voice! Aso: Yay Slytherin! I loved how clueless they were about Potter. It was hilarious.

Write a Reply or Comment